Suicide Mission (Monsta X)

Only Oneshots

The year is 2020. 

Everything has changed so fast. The world is completely different from what it used to be, what we used to know. For one thing, everyone is dead - or dead inside, as we like to say. Can you guess it? That's right...the world has been taken over, by zombies.

Walking, lifeless, people. The only thing they want is brains and luckily for them, the human race was easy prey. It all happened exactly four years ago today on Halloween night. Ironic right?

People were even dressed up as zombies that night and to think that they would later become them was terrifying. Luck for us, we were practicing in the studio that night, far away from where the outbreak happened. We were quickly evacuated and put somewhere to hid until it all died down. But it never did. 

No matter how many bombs, or helicopters came to reduce the never ending herd of zombies in Seoul, it wouldn't last long. Our hope for staying alive quickly went down the drain and the world was gone. 

The place we were dropped off at was this abandoned warehouse the company owned. It was actually used for one of our sets - Fighter. The warehouse was the same when we got there and we rarely leave it. It is like an iron fortress - almost impenetrable. I say almost as there has been one time where it didn't withstand the attack of the zombies. 

We even lost some of our members trying to survive - Hyungwon and I.M. That day haunts me and I will never forget it. Hyungwon was being cornered into one of the corners of the warehouse and I.M rushed to save him. The rest of us were busy trying to fight the rest of them off to realize what was going on. I will never forget the looks on their faces as the herd surrounded them, with no chance of surviving. 

We went after the herd, praying to make it in time before one of them got bit or even worse. However, things don't always work out the way you hope them to. By the time we had killed every walker in our path, they were both gone. I.M was on top of Hyungwon, most likely protecting him up until the very last minute, his eyes still open as we stared at their corpses. The worst was that then they both started to move - they had both become zombies.

And when we had to end it, putting our weapons through their skulls, it was the hardest thing I ever had to do. I remember cleaning the warehouse later that day and burning the bodies, all expect them. We made sure they got a proper burial and that they would never be forgotten. 

I now stared at the crosses above their graves, my heart aching for not being able to save them. I only wish that they could be here now, here with us, as we would have needed them now more than ever. We have to go back to Seoul. 

We haven't been back there since the breakout but we have been running out of food for months and all the places near us have been ransacked already. We were starving and we knew that was never good. Being weak is the last thing you want to be in a apocalypse. 

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder, making me instantly react as I pulled my knife out ready to attack.

"It's just me, Wonho." Shownu said, holding both of his hands up, a little shocked by my reaction. I lowered my arm and placed the knife back on my belt.

"Sorry," I mumbled, turning back to look at the two graves before us. He sighed.

"It's my fault for sneaking up on you. Sorry," He apologized. I turned and gave him a slight smile. He smiled back, the corners of his mouth slightly up. "I miss them." He whispered, looking at the graves in front of us. "That should never have had that happened to them. None of this should have, but I guess the world has a way of telling us certain things." I stared at the crosses, reading over the engravings on the piece of wood. My heart ached for them but what is done is done. They can't ever come back. 

"So are you ready?" He piped, turning to look at me once more. I paused before answering, trying to gather my bearings before we left for this suicide mission. We had no idea have many zombies there were going to be when we got there but my guess was hundreds, maybe even thousands. I was terrified to be honest. The last thing I want to do is die and become one of them or to watch it happen again to someone I care about. I shifted my body to face Shownu's.

"Yeah. Is everyone else good to go to?" He nodded. 

"They are just packing up the van and then we head out soon. We definitely don't want to be trapped there tonight so we need to get in and out as soon as we can." He started to walk back to the warehouse and I followed behind. He opened the door to reveal the other three running around, getting things in order. "We aren't bringing a lot of ammo though - makes too much noise. So here, take this." He then walked over to the wall to grab a bat that appeared to be wrapped in barbed wire. I stared at it in awe. It was badass.

"When did you-"

"I found a bat earlier this week on another run and since there was some wire lying around, I thought it would be perfect for it. I got the idea from Negan." He answered, proud of himself. I looked at him in confusion. "You know, the guy from the Walking Dead? Super evil guy, beats people up with a bat..." He continued but when I showed no signs of understanding he waved it off. "Never mind. But anyways, take it. You are a good fighter Wonho so it is for you." He then held it in front of him, waiting for me to take it. I hesitantly grabbed it from his hand, surprised at how light it was despite how much wire was laced around the top. Just then, Jooheon came running up to us, shifting both of our attentions to him.

"We are good to go. Everything is packed." He stated. Shownu and I met eyes once more and my heart start to pound faster as the time was growing near. I nodded, indicating that I was ready to go. 

"Alright guys." Shownu yelled, patting Jooheon on the back. "Let's do this." Walking behind Shownu, the rest of us headed for the car. I was the last one out and I made sure to take one last look around the warehouse before I closed the door, making sure the latch was in place. I then ran for the van as I heard the engine start. I hopped in the door and closed it behind me ready to go. Kihyun started to drive away and I watched the warehouse get smaller and smaller as we went down the road until it was eventually out of sight.

~~~

Miles later, we hadn't seen a single zombie yet. I was restless, wanting to get this done with quickly so we could head back to the safety of our warehouse once more. 

"Where are we going again?" Minhyuk asked, the first one to talk since we had gotten in the car.

"We are going to a convenience store on the edge of town. It might have already been ransacked but I thought we would start there, away from the city." Shownu answered.

"Are we going to go to another place if it has been already?" I questioned, curious as to what he had in mind. He shrugged. 

"I don't know. It will be up to you guys at that point. We could try to go in farther into the city but I have no idea how many walkers would be there, waiting to ambush us." I nodded, understanding what he was thinking. Shownu was definitely the leader out of all of us. When it first started, he made sure to help us all stay calm and make sure we were okay before he was. He put others first before himself. It is just who he was. 

"Up ahead." Kihyun said, bringing the rest of our eyes to see the store in front of us. I noticed that despite it being away from the city, it was still close, too close for my comfort. Kihyun started to slow down, making sure to be quiet as we rolled up to the front of the store, weapons in hand. There were no zombies around the store that we could see. The car then came to a halt, making us all move a little bit as it jerked forward before stopping.

We then gathered our weapons and got out of the van, ready to attack. I got out and looked around, scanning the area as we walked to the door. Shownu made one quick glance at all of us and seeing that we were ready, he moved to grab the door handle. Once he had it in his hand, it moved slightly, making the door open slowly. He then slammed it open and we all ran in, bracing ourselves for any zombies. 

There were none at first glance but after ringing the desk bell twice, two people emerged from the back - most likely the owners. I went up to one of them and swung my bat, knocking them down to the ground as Jooheon took down the other. I hit the walker once more in the head to make sure it was dead, the blood splattering slightly. Jooheon and I then went to take one more look in the back and there was no one or thing else there. We were alone. 

Relieved, we went back to the others to realize that the store was ransacked, everything gone. 

"Damn." Kihyun swore under his breath. We scanned every inch of the store and there was nothing - not even a single chip. Disappointed, we all headed back to the car, leaving the abandoned store behind us. 

"So what do we do now? Keep on going?" Jooheon asked, thinking the same thing everyone else was. 

"It is up to you guys." Shownu answered, sparing glances at the four of us. We all took a minute, weighing our options. We could either go back and try again tomorrow or we could go now while it was still light outside. We were low on food so we would have to come back either way. It was just a question of when.

"I say let's keep on going." I said, determined. "We might as well since we are near the city anyways and it would waste gas to go back and come back tomorrow. We should just hit the next store we find." I suggested, thinking that it was the logical way to go.

"I agree. It's better to do it now then to wait until later." Minhyuk answered.

"Same. What have we got to lose?" Kihyun asked, smiling slightly.

"I think we should too. Get whatever we can find." Jooheon stated. Shownu took every one of our answers and smiled.

"Alright let's go." And off we went. Kihyun started back up the car and headed for the city. Although it was my idea to keep going I was extremely nervous. Please let us find food fast, please, I thought.

~~~

After driving another half an hour on the road, we were all antsy. We had not seen another store for miles and we were getting closer and closer to the main part of the city. We passed a few walkers on the way in but not too many. The real trouble was if there was any place we could go to find food. 

We kept on driving, and finally our prayers were answered. There was a huge supermarket only a few feet away from us. There were other buildings surrounding it and a few zombies out front but it looked very promising. Kihyun pulled right up to the entrance and the rest of us got out and took out the zombies surrounding the store, making sure there would be no surprises when we got out. 

Hit after hit, each one fell, making a thud as it hit the ground. It took us awhile to clear them all out but after we did, we were ready to enter the store. Using the same method as before, Shownu slowly opened the door, being very careful. He then slammed it open, and we all barged in, ready to fight. The store was huge and even from where I was standing I could tell that is was huge.

"Do we dare try to call them all out? What if there are a lot of them?" Minhyuk asked as Jooheon headed over to the customer service desk. 

"It would be better to get them all at once instead of being jumped later." Shownu explained to Minhyuk, the look of realization washing over his face. And at that, Jooheon started to ring the bell, the sounds of it echoing in the store. 

At first, it was eerily quiet. Then, one by one, zombies started to appear out of the isles and started to head towards us. We were ready to attack, waiting for them to make their move when I froze. Some of the zombies looked eerily familiar, despite their face having rotted after being dead for four years. I stared in disbelief at the one coming in front of me, wanting only my brain to eat.

"Y-Yongguk?"

~~~

(A/N): To be continued... ;)