Chapter One

Z.O.N
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My name is Choi Seunghyun, 30 years old, i live inside a 4×3 meters room with a bed, a toilet and a set of table and chair, they are so white and cold nailed to the floor. I have a 20×10 centimeters window with a thick; 2 inch glass that has some holes on it, i can hear a vain footsteps or light chanting if i stand close to my door. Sometimes even i can see people in their white outfit holding a board in front of their chest or just carry it normally, it seems so normal for them to walk pass this corridor and i didn't like it.

So i often looking at the window, knock it every time people is passing and when they turned i will smile at them, in a blink their face turn pale and they sometimes even rush their steps, pretending that they didn't see anything.

But sometimes even i didn't have that window, they can close it outside. Well even if its inside i don't think i can opened it.

Today my window is gone; i can't hear or see anything, so quiet, so lonely.

I miss him.

Him, where is him? I need to find him. I started to look for him at every corner; i need him to keep me sane.

"Hyung." It was him; he is standing beside me all this time. A boy with that leaves like eyes and he looked up at me, oh how i really want to hug him and keep him inside my arms forever. But..

My hands are not mine anymore; they don't listen to me anymore and i can only stands and looked back at him. "I miss you, Jiyong-ah." I said, tears is threatening to come out as i see him about to hug me with his thin arms, he is so close that i can smell his scent, a mixture of expensive cologne and cigarette. He stopped and broke down to the floor, blood is coming out from his body, he didn't move.

He is dead. My little brother is dead in front of me... because of me. How dare I’m still breathing!?

I hear me screaming, i don't care the tears that already streamed out of my eyes. Please hands listen to me... "LISTEN TO ME!!!!" Why is it so hard? "GET ME OUT!!!!" I know something is holding me, cage me inside this.

I can hear alarm inside the whole room, its banging so hard that i think my ears is bleeding, it’s hurt. I need my hands, Jiyong help me, save me!! But the alarm is just getting louder.

"SHUT UP!!! AAAAA IT’S HURT!! STOP!! AAAAA..." i stopped, feel so weak all of a sudden and the alarm is starting to fade out so do Jiyong, he is gone from my sight and a dozen of people is starting to hold me as i fall to the floor, the night is come so fast and all i can see is the darkness.

 

The sun is already gone when she is finally alone; she sits on the bench and looking up at the vivid shade of red in the sky. She sighed and put her elbow on her lap as she grab onto her head; she pulled her hair frustrated; Screaming, ignoring all the side-stare the other attendant gave her.

"Why are they so meaning to me?" She starting to talk to herself, even just looking at the pebbles around his feet makes her angry as she kicks the ground. "What i did so wrong to get this kind of punishment?" She screams to the poor pebble as if it was someone who makes her life suffering and stomps her feet again and stronger. "Dead dead!"

People around her can only look at her and walk passed her quickly, even some parents who come to fetch their child didn't have to coax them to come home as the kids got scared by her and run to their parents as soon as they saw them. And they are hurriedly going home for the sake of their life.

Her name is Lee Chaerin, 26 years old the best alumnus of her university and is working as a private detective in a not-so-reliable company where there are just some stupid weirdo working with her, wait maybe it’s just her because people always talking about her company is the most reliable place to hire a detective for solving their case.

Yes it’s just her, she is a total perfectionist and a bit too genius for the world. Sherlock Holmes in a form of a girl just imagines it when she is on her period. Yeah that would be a disaster.

One day she is getting this new case and she was on her period you know what happen? She keeps venting on her client, saying that poor guy is the stupidest thing she ever knows. Yes you hear right, she said thing, thing, imagine how sad his family would like. But then he couldn't do anything about that because she solves the case.

Back to reality, she is still sits on the bench, resting her back on the prop, a little bit calm for her good even though her face is still looked so serious behind her fierce make-up do; red lipstick and thick eyeliner, is always her signature.

She was still so dejected about her problem when there this guy sit beside her without even say anything, he just sit there ignoring the fact that Chaerin is already gave a death glare at the guy.

"Excuse me, but sir..."

"You may leave if you didn't like me sitting here." The guy said even before Chaerin finish her sentence, he didn't turner or even just looking at her as that guy is just looking forward to the artificial lake in front of them.

"What?" Smoke is already coming out from both her ears and nose.

The guy gave her a side-stare, not even move an inch from his posture. "You may leave if you didn't like me sitting here." He repeating with an identical tone he make before.

She breathed a laugh and just shut her lips, turned her head to look at the same scenery the guy looked at.

The sky is getting darker as the time goes by, it’s been 30 minutes they just sit side by side, looking at the lake and the scenery in front of them is starting to change into a bit more darker place than it usually are, not just because the night is come but the community of people that leave the place. It’s like watching two side of emotion in one person and for the first time she got curious to one specific person that didn't have a connection with her case.

She turned to the guy, his legs is already on the bench while he hugs his knees, still looking at the lake. He wears a black hoodie and skinny jeans with a black cap that fits his head shape, typical young hipsters, she said to herself.

"What are you looking at?" He said all of a sudden, making Chaerin jumps.

For the first time she didn't know what to do and just looking away trying to calm her heartbeat before turn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter