Mamerie

Little mermaid

Something was wrong. Something was definitely wrong. She was sure she checked every room, but nobody was there. 

Mamerie looked at handmade map she got from Ghost.

All rooms had little checks on them meaning she already was there. Frustrated she bit her pen. It wasn't helping that she was sitting inside a box hidden under wooden floor. 

She was thankful towards that little kid who told her about it, and since she wasn't big she fitted well but after 20 minutes it was uncomfortable.

Her knees were killing her and air was getting less and less refreshing every second.

Some may think that as a gang member she should walk in that house and act like its hers, killing everybody in her way.

Sad reality was that they were like rats. They had to survive, but to do so they had to hide.

Also, something Chanyeol taught them, they're businessmen. They can't mess up or they'll lose clients. That's why she was sitting here.

She had a business message to deliver.

But it was damn hard when you can't find person that's supposed to get it!

Even though the house was technically empty she hid.

Who knows if there aren't more boxes like this around. Ghost could miss some, after all he's just a child.

After another ten minutes she decided to get out and look around again. When suddenly she heard a noise.

Not very loud, but still hearable. Quick glance at a map and she was almost sure it was from room on opposite side of the hall.

Thanking her mother for forcing her to attend gymnastics which helped her to use strength with grace and most importantly without much of a sound effect, she slowly and quietly opened the door. Skipping pieces of floor that were marked red on her piece of paper, she got out of the room.

Just like she expected noise was coming out of opposite room. 

Fast steps without any stop, like someone wanted to be heard.

She smiled knowing that sound way to good.

'Trying to run away, ah?' She thought looking into key hole. Maybe it wasn't too responsible or adult like, but definitely helpful. 

Man in his mid 30's was running around throwing clothes into his suitcase. He was dressed elegantly, which only made him look more ridiculous as he was covered in dust.

His brown hair looked ashy now and his blue shirt was ripped at some parts.

He definitely wasn't more fit than Mamerie.

A wide smile appeared on her face. Guess she will be coming with shield today not on it.

She opened the door with a little crack that made man jump.

"Hello sweetie" her high pitched voice filled out the room after he stopped walking around. All his muscles tensed up and his face dropped.

"Miss.." he started not knowing where to look and probably searching for a way to escape. "I can explain"

She giggled. Of course, it's always the same. Like all people that asked them for help shared one brain.

"That's good." She started walking towards him as he was stepping back until he hit the wall. "Because we need some explanation, Alan." 

He gasped hearing his real name which only caused Mamerie to giggle more. For once Rubik's job was useful, thanks to him she could have more fun.

Knowing every single aspect of life of man right in fron of her and slowly letting him know about that.

He stood there breating heavily not knowing what to do. He didn't expect her to give him a chance. He thought he will have to fight for his life and eventually die.

"I needed that money, miss" she rolled her eyes. Now it was just boring. She put her small hand on his chest.

"Tell me something new" she demanded looking straight onto his face.

"I will give it back" he whispered with shaky voice "I just need to win and.."

"Gambling is a big problem in our society, Alan. We can't let our country fall because of people like you" she spoke like there was a litrle kid in fronr of her, not fully grown man.

For some reasons she enjoyed pulling on a act like that. She enjoyed staying calm and act like she owns the situation.

"You have two days, know bosses mercy" she sighed closing her eyes and brushing hair off of her face. "Otherwise your flowers won't see sunshine anymore."

She walked out mad and turned off recording in her phone. That was Bus's idea to use this threat. For her it was dumb. His twin daughters could have been called Rose and Violet, but they were a serious gang. This threat was way below their level. Unfortunately for her Al was nearby and they made a bet their "client" won't get scared if she said that.

She turned back to face not so elegant anymore man who was shaking sitting on the floor and took a picture.

'In your face Al.'

 

Few hours later Mamerie was back at gang's house chilling in her room. Sudden knock on the door made her clench her teeth. Everybody knew she just came back and she needed some alone time.

"If that's you Al I already told you I wouldn't have time to fake that picture and sound recording!" She yelled not even bothering to move. She was lying on her bed reading today's newspaper which she got on her way back.

"Its not Al." Bug said entering her room. She smiled at him. 

Ironically he was still wearing his job clothing.

"Did you come here to arrest me, Mr police officer?" She laughed. He wasn't called bug for no reason. Policeman in gang, that was something.

He rolled his eyes.

"No, Mamerie. I came here to talk about new one" oh... thw new one. She had mixed feeling about him. For last week he spent most time with Rubik who was trying to helo him find real owner of his new identity. They could just as Jerry, but Chanyeol didn't agree.

What was even weirder is that their boss payed a lot of attention to blond guy.

He made sure that someone updared him on Ben's work, where he was. Sometimes he would call for him and Mamerie would have to get him to his office.

Even when Ghost joined the gang he wasn't that interested.

Everybody could feel the tention between this two men.

On the other hand Ben seemed like a good kid. Well, as good as he could be for a gang member. He worked hard and never tried to get in her pants what she appreciated. She wasn't that kind of girl who acted like she didn't want someone but still wanted their attention.

She once told him to stay away and when she said he won't it was enough for her. If he broke that word, he would regret but for now it didn't seem like he was going to.

She took a deep breath.

"What is it about Ben?" She was almost sure she knew.

"Boss asks for him." And she was right. By now she already figured out it will be her who will help him to kill 'real Ben' and that's why she was always asked to deliver that barbie boy.

With a crack of her bed she stood up and put shoes on.

"I won't leave you alone in my room, get out bug" she held the door while laughing policeman walked out.

She knocked on white door that were leading to Rubik's room. After hearing a call she went in and looked around.

That stupid cat who gave her all allergies was calmly sitting on coffee table drinking water from cup with little flowers on it. Rubik was lying taking up all couch with his laptop on his stomach clicking with speed of light while Ben was sat on a stool, he probably had to bring himself, making quick notes on piece of paper.

"Hello Mamerie" he said smiling at her. Yeah, she could get used to him. At least he wasn't as two faced as Rubik. Not taking under consideration that he had double identity, but who out of them didn't.

"Hi barbie boy" she smirked coming closer and looking over his shoulder. He still didn't have much, this wasn't good. Especially since boss was calling for him.

"We have to go" she tapped his shoulder and waited till he finishes few last sentences with Rubik.

He stood up and followed her even though by now he probably knew the way to Chanyeol's room well.

"You got something new?" She asked while they were going through halls filled with trash and broken furniture. Warm, yellow tinted light made red carpet under their feet look even older it actually was.

"Not really..." he sighed putting hands in pockets of his sweatpants. "How about Alan? Did he pay?"

She knew Rubik would share those information. He couldn't keep his mouth shut, which was dangerous for him as a gang member.

"He has two days." 

They didn't talk for rest of the walk.

After reaching office Mamerie saw Ben taking shaky breath but she was excited.

Looking at him and Chanyeol was entertaining. She wasn't sure what kind of relationship they shared.

They entered the room and saw him standing in front of his desk which not counting two chairs was only furniture here.

She couldn't believe how quickly air filled up with sparks.

Chanyeol had his hair pulled back and was wearing all black clothes consisting of jeans and currently slightly ed shirt.

He didn't give Mamerie single look focusing only on blonde.

"Make yourself comfortable M" he said still not looking at her. She sent a glance towards Ben. He didn't seem scared now, his eyes were fixated on boss, his lips slightly parted, his face was an opened book and she could almost feel everything he did.

Facination mixed with fear, how Chanyeol's dark eyes were pulling him towards him and at the same time it made all his guts twist inside. How he wanted to come closer maybe even touch him, but something inside was stopping him. How he felt fire starting on every part of him where those eyes landed. Hypnotysed by that toxic feeling he couldn't escape. Not that he wanted to do that.

She snapped out when Chanyeol asked about his progress.

"Not much..." Ben answered breaking eye contact to look down on the floor ashamed.

She could swear not a single muscle on her boss's face moved, even though his body was suddenly in diffrent part of the room, pinning skinny blonde who now was looking like a little boy, barely breathing.

"Do you even want to be here Ben?" She almost didn't hear that since his lips were so close to new gang member's ear. Mamerie was sure they brushed against it and that this was the reason why he shivered fighting for a breath.

He nodded quickly and Chanyeol let him go still standing dangerously close, but Ben didn't seem scared as he breathed heavily not ever stopping looking on his face.

Boss reached out his hand to blonde's neck where bruises already started to appear and as contrast to what happened only seconds before he gently brushed his fingerprints against them. Ben smiled slightly, still not able to speak.

"Can you please leave Mamerie?" She felt like someone spilled bucket of cold water on her. Quickly standing up she left the room.

 

A/N: second chapter made it through finally! I might have focused on Mamerie a bit too much, but I hope you don't mind since some more chanbaek appeared!

Thank you for nice comments and new subscribers 😘

Stay healthy 💜