Explosion

In a blink, there will be power

It’s at night, when they are all lying together in the living room at the third floor, that it happens.

 

Kris and Tao has occupied one long sofa, the Omega sprawled on top of his Alpha’s chest. He’s rubbing his cheek against the toned chest, fingers rubbing at it as well. Tao is a little restless, his body a little uncomfortable, but nonetheless his eyes remain closed.

 

Sehun is resting in a thick, comfortable chair, his Omega clinging onto him as he’s seated on his lap, both his legs on the sides of his Alpha’s strong thighs. Jongin’s face is still pressed into his neck, he’s still sleeping, but his body is starting to erratically move itself around.

 

Suho is lying on the floor with his Omega, both of them wrapped in plenty of blankets. Unbeknown to them, Lay is sweating so much that there are trails of sweat running down his back, his face, his legs, arms, everywhere and it’s soaking the blankets right through. Either way, Lay is very cold still. And Lay is moving about, making it squish in the blankets underneath him.

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun is curled together on the other sofa, Baekhyun have been given a blindfold, because he thought it was uncomfortable to hear that his eyes weren’t focusing on anything and that they were directed in all the wrong places when he tried to turn his head towards the person talking in the room.

 

Either way, all Omegas are restless. They are sleeping, but they are twisting and turning and squirming around, making all the Alphas wake up.

 

First, it’s all ‘are you okay, baby’ and ’do you need something’ but as the Omegas become more restless and it’s not only squirming anymore, but actually shaking, the Alphas becomes more wary of the situation.

 

”What the hell... Tao... Tao.” Kris shakes at his grunting Omega, trying to wake him. Nothing happens other than that Tao starts swatting Kris’ hands away.

 

They are confused, because now it’s only the Omegas acting up again while the Alphas are staring at them in confusion and worry.

 

”What’s happening?” Suho asks, unwrapping himself from the suddenly soaked blankets. ”I’m all wet.”

 

Chanyeol shakes his head. ”I seriously don’t know.” and then Baekhyun is ripping off his blindfold and sitting up.

 

As so does all the other Omegas. Jongin, Lay and Tao, they sit up and they scream. Then they trash, they furiously throw themselves at their Alphas with a strength that’s impossible to understand where they got from.

 

The Alphas are tackled to the ground by their own Omega mates, barely fighting back because of the shock and that they wouldn’t in a million years even think that their own Omegas would want to hurt them. And hurt them, isn’t exactly what they do, but they bare their teeth which is now sharper and more defined, and stare at them. That’s where the real shock comes through.

 

Jongin’s eyes are a pure white again, his teeth right above Sehun’s nose. He’s snarling, holding his Alpha down with his weight and unrealistically strong arms. Sehun is so shocked that he can only splutter some incoherent words before Jongin leans down, not looking like himself at all, and quickly bends down to bite into his neck. The Alpha is too dumbfounded to stop it and just hisses in pain.

 

Suho got a glint of what happened with Sehun, and immediately looks up at Lay, his pure and innocent Lay, who’s eyes have turned a strong pink. No iris. No pupil. Just patterns of blue cross-crossing in the middle of the bright pink. It’s horrifying. Lay’s mouth is open and hissing at him, and Suho can only shake his head in a ’no no’ when he sees that his Omega is about to bite him too. Too late and a second after the Alpha is bitten. Hard.

 

”! Suho, Sehun!” Chanyeol screams, trying his hardest to wrestle Baekhyun when witnessing what the others just went through. Lay and Jongin are still biting down on their necks, and the fellow Alphas are screaming but it’s like their bodies are frozen because they don’t move a muscle.

 

”Baekhyun! Please! Just tell us what’s wrong-... ” Chanyeol kicks a little too hard at his Omega’s stomach, which makes said boy stumble to the ground and cry out in whimpers. Chanyeol sits up quickly, crawling over to Baekhyun, who’s clutching at his tummy and looking down, and grabs ahold of his face gently.

 

”Baekkie I’m so sorry-...” The Alpha is surprised to see the fury in his Omega’s unfocused, intense orange eyes as he snaps his head up at him. As to look at him, but it’s clear that Baekhyun still can’t see. It breaks Chanyeol’s heart at the same time as he is severely shocked at the expression on his Omega’s face.. and his eyes... what the h-...

 

Before he can think another thought, Baekhyun has pounced on him, thin and sharp teeth penetrating his neck. Chanyeol’s body goes immobile, limp on the floor but the pain is scrutinizing and he can’t help but roar.

 

Tao looks at Kris with eyes of a pure, intense gold, a black slit in the middle of his orbs making the eyes intimidating. He is smirking, sitting in a position a dog would, carefully following Kris’ every move with his new golden fiery eyes. His teeth is bloody, and Kris’ neck is pierced and red.

 

The Alpha is just lying there, having been jumped the minute Tao sat up, and is bleeding from his neck like a sack of leaking sugar. He can’t believe that his Omega just bit him, hurt him, which the Tao he knows would never ever do. Something is just so very wrong here. And the eyes? What?

 

It’s when Tao, Jongin, Lay and Baekhyun sits up and howls that the Alphas in the room starts reacting with violent convulses and quivers, shouts and yelling in pain and horror. What’s happening to them?

 

There’s fire in his veins.

 

It’s water in his lungs.

 

His body is lifting off the ground.

 

The air in his lungs are drifting away.

 

There is windows blown open, doors pulled off its hinges, glass breaking, fire erupting, water swirling around, furniture in pieces flying around. Where the water escaped it’s freezing over. Green stalks with thorns, huge and sly, breaks through the walls from the outside, filling the ruined living room with its presence. From the stalks, flowers surface.

 

The flowers. The flowers who’s yellow and purple, beautiful as the sunrise and poisonous like a deadly snake. The flower without a name blooms right in front of their eyes, up the water swirling around, like it has its own life. It grows bigger, the huge purple petals closing in on the head before getting ready. The flower sinks back a little, readying itself for something.

 

Just as it happens, Chen is sprinting into the room, Xiumin and Luhan right behind him as Kyungsoo stumbles into the room a second after. The four pair of eyes widens with the sight of chaos before them. Kris, Sehun, Suho, Chanyeol, lying on the floor, trembling and grunting and looking like they’re in much pain, bleeding and defenseless. And then there is this flower, who just exploded in their faces with this white and thick powder, smelling delicious and enticing, but completely blocking their sight. The whiteness is too thick, and as they try to stumble around in blindness, there are growls and bodies smashing them to the ground. There is teeth piercing their necks. They see only pinks and white and gold and orange and nothing more, but they feel. The pain. The agony. The immobilization. The cold. The wet. The hot. The windy. The electrifying, awful pain.

 

Water.

 

Wind.

 

Fire.

 

Lightening.

 

Frost.

 

Earth.

 

Light.

 

Flight.

 

Teleportation.

 

Telepathy.

 

Time control.

 

Healing.

 

The pressure, it’s too much, too overpowering and...

 

The house explodes.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

”Baekhyun...”

 

Baekhyun grunts and rolls over, quickly removing the pieces of wood piercing into his back uncomfortably. He does not remember going out to sleep in the dirty forest last night. Opening his eyes, he sees nothing. He rubs at them and thinks that maybe it’s still dark out. But no, because Baekhyun usually has super sight even in the dark. It’s only then that he remembers what really happened last night - he suddenly lost his sight because of that idiotic flower that blew his house up. Which leads Baekhyun to hyperventilate, because that means that he has no idea where Chanyeol is or how he is or even where the rest of his pack is or if they are okey and what should he do, he can’t feel or smell anything or anyone and-...

 

”BAEKHYUN!” A deep voice shouts, almost growls out, ”BAEK-HYUN!”

Said Omega coughs, suddenly feeling clogged up in his chest as he tries to answer his Alpha. ”Ch-channie...” it comes out a pathetic whisper. And strangely enough his tiny whisper echoes back at him mockingly. Baekhyun’s heartbeat picks up. Where exactly is he?

 

”BEAKHYUN PLEASE!” Chanyeol roars, and only now Baekhyun detects the panic and sorrow in his Alpha’s voice, and he detects that Chanyeol’s voice is so far away yet so close.

 

”Here.. Channie, I’m here.” the Omega once again whispers, coughing a whole lot afterwards. Feeling scared, Baekhyun tries to feel around at his surroundings. There’s dry grass and pointy rocks, just as well as many pieces of branches and bigger splinters. Around him it’s completely quiet except for his own breath and heartbeat and Chanyeol’s occasional callings. But even though, Baekhyun can’t help but to feel trapped. Like he’s in a box or something.

 

”Chan-... calm..- we’ll find-... him.” a soft voice speaks out, far away. It’s Kyungsoo.

 

”How can you be sure! We have looked EVERYWHERE!” Chanyeol is far louder than Kyungsoo and Baekhyun can hear him clearly from where he is.

The Omega crawls around a little, carefully, looking for anything that remotely contains anything moist. His throat is the definition of the dessert right now and he can’t scream for help. Even if he wants to.

 

”So you’re saying that your connection to each other leads you here, right here, but he is nowhere to be found?” That sounds like Taemin. And strangely, his voice is above his head. Far above his head, muffled by something that blocks clear sound.

”YES. RIGHT HERE. I feel him so strongly, right gosh dang here, BUT-...” there’s a pause, ”BUT HE IS NOT HERE?”

 

”What if he .., you know, passed away? And you’re able to feel his soul... right here?” Key asks, and Baekhyun is surprised, because it’s a long time ago since he last heard that voice. But dead? Is he really dead? Is that why he can’t scream? Can’t see them or reach them? But if he is dead... and he feels them above him, does that mean that he went to hell? Is he going to burn and rot down below, able to hear but not talk, reach or see them?

 

Baekhyun feels lost, scared and cold. Tears starts running down his cheeks and he thinks of the reasons of why he would be sent to hell? He’s never killed anyone, and he is an Omega? They are pure... right? Is it because he was such a troublemaker while alive?

 

”WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?” Chanyeol’s roars, sounds of someone choking making Baekhyun frown at his Alpha. ”HE. IS. NOT. DEAD.”

”Hey hey hey, calm down Chanyeol, he’s not dead okay. We’ll find him.”

 

”Guys... I feel something.” Kyungsoo breaths out.

 

”What do you mean? Are you feeling sick?” That’s Jongin! Jongin is okay and he’s there too!

 

”No.. I feel like the ground is beating below our feet. Do you guys feel it?” Kyungsoo exclaims with a serious tone, like he means it for real, no joke. It even makes Baekhyun touch the ground around him, just to check for himself. He feels nothing.

 

”Ehhh, how hard did you hit that skull of yours Kyungsoo?” Key sarcastically answers, his eyebrow probably raised to the sky in the ugly frown he usually does.

 

”I’m not joking, the ground beats, like there is life beneath it.”

 

Baekhyun’s heartbeat speeds up even more. What? Kyungsoo can feel him in hell? Is he perhaps not dead? With nothing to lose, Baekhyun rise to his feet unsteadily, not feeling the slightest confident without his sight. When mentioned, the air down here is a little earthly smelling.

 

”And how would you know?” It’s Sehun asking this time.

 

”I just know, ok? I can’t explain it.” Kyungsoo answers, a little too harshly.

 

”Then we better get the heck outta here because I don’t trust that flower not to come back and haunt us!” Suho states, like it’s a fact.

 

”Are you kidding me? Baekhyun is here somewhere here, we can’t just leave him!”

 

Baekhyun wobbles on his unsteady knees, insecurity making him dizzy. With his arms outstretched in front of him, he takes some steps.

 

”BAEKHYUN!” Chanyeol’s shout startles Baekhyun, making him trip on air and he would have screamed if he could when he goes rushing for the ground. There’s still a loud thump when he lands on the ground though, and all silent movement above him stills completely.

 

”Guys, what was that?” Key asks, sounding suspicious and surprised. Baekhyun lies flat on his tummy, listening and ignoring all stinging pain.. because, did they hear that?

”I told you, there’s something below us.” Kyungsoo repeats and walks over the ground right above Baekhyun’s head. ”And right here, there’s a crack. Let’s start digging.”

 

”Do you actually believe that Baekhyun was swallowed by the ground!?” Chanyeol shouts, his voice so close now. There is someone scratching and clawing at dirt right above him.

 

”We won’t know until we see what’s down there.”

 

”It could be a trap!”

 

”By the flower!”

 

”Guys, it’s a flower. Not Mr. Freaking Einstein!”

 

”It BLEW up our house. Almost killed us all!”

 

”How come you’re all perfectly fine if it tried to kill you?”

”All though your new eye colors are a bit creepy...”

 

After listening to the bickering of his pack for some minutes, Baekhyun feels rocks and sand thump down on his body. The sand makes him cough by the extremely bad air it creates for him, and yet again everyone above him falls completely silent.

 

”Oh my go-.. Baekhyun, Baekhyun! My baby!” Chanyeol screams echoes to him.

 

Chanyeol found him! As he can’t speak or see, Baekhyun tries to get up and signal his Alpha, but he’s immediately stopped.

 

”Baekhyun, please, don’t move okay!? Whatever you do, don’t move another inch. I’m coming for you right now.”

 

Why? Why can’t he move? What’s wrong?

 

”Oh .” Taemin hisses. ”Baekhyun.. just.. lay super still.”

 

”He’s an inch from falling.”

 

Falling? Where? How?

 

”I’m going down.” Chanyeol has his determined voice on.

 

”Chanyeol you can’t, you might fall or break the small piece of earth keeping your mate alive.”

 

”Then how are we going to get him out!? HOW!?” Chanyeol must have made a commotion with his body as he said that because more rocks and dirt falls upon Baekhyun.

 

How Baekhyun really wishes he could see what they’re talking about, because right now all he has is his imagination and right now his imagination is picturing his death as he falls further down into an endless darkness. All that he can think of right now is the biting fear his pack have stirred up inside him by their words.

 

 

-

 

 

Luhan watches his pack panic about, trying to figure out a way to get Baekhyun up from the hole he must have been dumped down into at some point when it all went down. How? They don’t know. But they do know that the hole is deep, and that Baekhyun is an inch from falling into a pitch blackness that might be endless if he so much as blinks. Amazingly enough, in his blindness, he has managed to stay on the little ground down there until they found him. But they all hear his heartbeat. It’s fast and stressed, he’s definitely terrified.

 

When they woke up from the explosion three days ago, unharmed and feeling fine, even better than before, the pack was devastated to find out that Baekhyun was not with them. The search for him was immediate. Taemin, Jonghyun, Key, Minho and Onew were there quickly to help them, but they can’t reach contact with Minhyun and Ren yet. Except for the fact that they all feel great with energy after the incident, something is changed with them. And they still don’t know what it means. Their eye colors, it’s dramatically changed from their normal brown or black eyes. Luhan himself has an intense purple eye color, pupil and the white of the eye still intact of course. And his mate Minseok has Aquamarine beautiful eyes. It’s new and strange, but it suits him well. If it wasn’t for them not knowing what this meant, Luhan wouldn’t mind. He also saw Chanyeol with bright red eyes and Kyungsoo with a gorgeous green. He can’t remember them all, unfortunately. It’s not been a big subject either, because everyone is scared for Baekhyun even though he was a huge pain in the at times.

 

”Are you alright, Lulu?” Minseok, who’s hugging him from behind, asks him.

 

”No, Minnie, I don’t feel good.” Luhan sighs in reply, leaning onto his mate. ”Baekhyun is terrified for his life, and we have no plan on how to get him out. And the way I see it, there is nothing we can do. Ropes won’t do, ladders, helicopter... nothing will work. It’s too small of a space, and the pile of earth Baekhyun is laid upon is the most unstable ground I have ever seen. We’re risking his life as we speak. And-..”

 

”Shh, breathe okay? We just need to think.” Minseok tries to calm his stressed mate, but Luhan just shakes his head.

 

”We don’t need to think, we need to-.. what is he doing?” Both Luhan and Minseok looks up at Chanyeol, who’s readying himself to take a jump for it.

 

Luhan has never moved so fast in his life. ”No! Wait!” Luhan takes ahold of Chanyeol’s arm and tries to hold him back.

 

”It’s suicide! You’ll die along with him!”

 

”Don’t you think I know that?” Chanyeol laughs, but it is a laugh without humor or happiness. It’s a sad laugh. ”But the way I see it, this is the only way, the only chance I have. And I am going to take it, because I’ll rather die and hold my Omega in my arms one last time, then stand here and watch him die alone.”

 

Luhan shakes his head. He can do something about this. He knows it... but, he just need time to figure it out. ”No, Chanyeol, I can help. You don’t have to do this. I just need time.”

 

Minseok takes ahold of his mate’s hands and makes eye contact, still not used to Luhan’s new bright purple eyes. ”How?” he asks simply. And Luhan don’t have that answer yet. He can just feel it... in his heart.

 

”I’m sorry, Luhan,” Chanyeol says with a low voice, ”but that’s not good enough.”

 

And he jumps. Luhan shouts NO and throws his arm out as to stop the Alpha. And instead of falling down into the small hole where Baekhyun lies without moving a muscle, Chanyeol is thrown across the property. Like a rag-doll, the Alpha swings through the air, flailing arms and yells of horror, before he lands heavily in the ashes that remains of their huge elegant house.

 

And everyone stares at Luhan in shock. Because that happened the second he lifted his arm towards the Alpha. Even Luhan stares at his hand without believing his eyes. Did he just...?

 

”What the was that?” Key’s both eyebrows are raised.

 

The rest of them continues to stare at Luhan, not even bothering to care for the Alpha that lies dumbfounded a hundred feet away.

 

”Lulu?” Minseok hesitantly says, ”did you see what happened?”

 

”We all saw what happened, Minseok, and your mate is a freak!” Key unashamedly states, cowering when Minseok growls at him and pulls Luhan protectively close to his chest.

 

Taemin takes the liberty to smack Key upside down the head, giving him an ugly glare. ”Guys, do you know what?” Taemin looks around at each pack member, ”after what’s happened here the last days I am open for anything, so Luhan, if you have some special ability that we don’t know about, I honestly won’t judge you.”

 

Luhan shakes his head, tearful, ”I honestly don’t know what happened here just now.” and the boy looks confused and sad as he stares at his hand.

 

”Maybe it’s a reasonable explanation?” Minseok tries to cheer up.

 

”And what would that be, exactly?” Key laughs, ”please enlighten me, because I see none expect for the fact that Luhan can do things we thought was not possible with just his bare hand. Luhan didn’t even touch Chanyeol.”

 

Minseok breaths out in annoyance, ”so what? Why are you so eager to judge? We can’t be sure it was Luhan. I can be a coincident.”

 

Key smirks at that. ” You know what? You’re right.”

 

Minseok nods unsurely, not thinking that Key would agree so easily.

 

”So there’s only one way to find out, right?” And then Key makes a jump for it. ”Baekhyun, buddy, here I cooome-aaaaahhh!!”

 

The next moment, Key is piling up beside Chanyeol after having been thrown across the field without mercy, by no other power than what Luhan provides with his hand. Some packmates goes to check on them.

 

Luhan’s purple eyes are huge. ”It was instinct! I don’t know what’s happening but Baekhyun can die if any of you jump down there!”

 

Taemin observes Luhan, pushing Jonghyun a little behind him. He won’t take any chances. ”So, Luhan, you’re unfamiliar with this... ability you have?”

 

”Completely!” and the Beta looks sincere and just as shocked as them. ”Do you not trust me? I would never hurt an Omega.” Luhan says referring to the way Taemin just hid Jonghyun behind him.

 

”Of course, I’m just taking precautions.” The Head Alpha says unsurely, ”but what do we do with this problem?”

 

Luhan sighs, hugging Minseok close, thankful that his mate doesn’t even hesitate to love him even if it turns out he’s some kind of creep.

 

”Let’s test it out some more. See what exactly it is that you can do... maybe you’ll be able to help Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo suggest, beautiful glowing green eyes big in wonder and hope.

 

Luhan gasps. ”Are you crazy! I won’t risk Baekhyun’s life, I don’t even know if I can control this.. this.. thing going on!”

 

”I agree! That Beta is not nearing my mate with his hoccus poccus madness!” Chanyeol stomps his feet, his bright red eyes glowing as he glares at Luhan as he sits down beside the hole Baekhyun is currently in, still laying flat on his stomach.

 

Ignoring the Alpha, Kyungsoo speaks up again. ”This time I’ll jump into the hole, and you prevent me like you did the others, but this time try to control my fall. Let’s see if you can do that, and if you can’t, don’t worry.”

 

Luhan shakes his head immediately, ”that’s too much of a risk-.. no wait Kyungsoo!”

 

Without thinking twice, Luhan takes ahold of Kyungsoo’s body with this force within him and reverses his fall. Instead of throwing Kyungsoo across the property like with the other two, he tries his hardest to keep him in the air for a while. And it works, for like 5 seconds, before he feels the powerful force in him bubble and Kyungsoo is lifted sky high into the air.

 

”Control it Luhan! Try!” Kyungsoo shouts, a little fear in his voice.

 

”I can’t!” Luhan yells back in frustration, feeling his heart drop when the power within him abruptly shuts itself off and Kyungsoo comes speeding for the ground.

 

”Omo! Kyungsoo!” Jongin suddenly cries out, the rest of the pack mates trying to go for Kyungsoo’s rescue. But still the Beta is too far over their heads, and they have a hard time estimating where Kyungsoo will land.

 

Jongin gets up and runs to Luhan to shake him. ”Please, Luhan, please. Do something!”

 

Luhan feels terribly stressed, not taking his eyes off of Kyungsoo even for a second. The pack, Taemin, Chanyeol, Suho, Minseok, Onew, Minho - yeah all of them, holds out their arms in hope that Kyungsoo will land in them.

 

”You’re stressing him, Jongin!” Minseok yells from a few meters away, just when they are able to hear Kyungsoo’s fast heartbeat nearing the ground.

 

”Luhan please!” Jongin does not care for what Minseok has to say, he can’t bare to see Kyungsoo get hurt. And hurt Kyungsoo will be, because he is heading for the rocks further away instead of in the arms of his packmates.

 

”! We were wrong! Hurry!” And the pack stresses to reach him, almost running on top of each other, but still they will be too late.

 

Kyungsoo falls, and falls, with a speed so high, and he closes his eyes shut tightly and waits for the impact. He can feel the hard ground nearing his body, he can feel the coldness from the moist dirt and smell the ashes littered across the field. He swears he’s one second away from colliding with the earth when he’s flung up once again, the air knocked straight out of his chest by the force of the pull. Before he can register it, he’s unsteadily bumping into another body, making them both fall over.

 

It’s Luhan that looks up at him when he opens his eyes, his breath coming back to him as he pants both in fear and shock and wonder.

 

”I’m sorry, Kyungsoo, I didn’t mean to hurt you.” Luhan sniffs out. He looks really sorry, and Kyungsoo is just to answer when he’s pulled away from the other Beta and into someone else’s arms.

 

”Soo! My Soo!” Jongin cries and hugs him tight and Kyungsoo can’t help but hug him back just as tightly.

 

”I’m fine, Nini, Luhan saved me just in time.” the Beta turns to Luhan and smiles, ”if we practice this, you can use your ability to get Baekhyun out!”

 

”Not a chance in hell! You could’ve died just now, and I refuse to ever do this again!” Luhan storms off with tears running down his cheeks, Minseok at his heels like a worried mother.

 

 

-

 

 

After a lot of persuasion from the whole pack, Luhan agrees to practice his new ability, his new force and power that he can feel building within him, getting stronger and easier to control each second. After three days of practice, the whole pack has gathered around the hole Baekhyun lies in, holding on to life by a thin thread. They’ve given him water and food using Luhan’s power, but there’s only so much a poor Omega can survive without snuggles and kisses and love and care. Specially a blind Omega.

 

Baekhyun is sobbing for Chanyeol right now, his voice weak and sorrowful, and it’s heartbreaking to listen to. When he’s out, Chanyeol will have a lot of patching up to do.

 

”Okay, are you all ready?” Taemin asks, looking at everyone. ”Kyungsoo?”

 

The Beta in question holds up the blanket, water and the first aid kit. ”Ready.” he says.

 

Taemin looks at Lay, ”and you?”

 

The Omega nods, plastic gloves on his hands. The head Alpha then looks at Chanyeol.

 

”You know what to do?” he asks him.

 

Chanyeol’s breathes out angrily, ”yes, I should stay back and let Baekkie get treated before I even near him, and if I fail to oblige this I will be knocked out by my homies Sehun and Suho.” he rolls his red eyes.

 

”And you, Luhan, are you ready?” Taemin gives the Beta in question a serious look, and Luhan nods determinedly, his purple eyes already starting to shine and glow.

 

Everyone watches intently as Luhan breaths out slowly, the intensity of his eyes becoming stronger.

 

Kyungsoo and Lay already waits at the entrance of the hole, keeping an eye on Baekhyun who slowly starts to float in the air. They already warned the Omega of the events that would happen, but he still whimpers in fear. It’s hard to feel calm when he’s been stuck down there for days straight and can’t see anything.

 

As soon as Baekhyun’s body leaves the little pile of earth he’s been lying on, the pile tilts over and disappears under him. And there is no sound indicating that the earth fell onto something further below, just silence.

 

Kyungsoo sees it, but he also feels it. If Baekhyun is dropped now, they will never see him again.

 

Slowly, Baekhyun is floating steadily towards the entrance of the hole, and it goes smoothly. Luhan is sweating because of anxiety, and starts feeling drained of energy and a little dizzy. Which is strange, because this did not happen when he practiced. He could even carry half his pack around the forest with his power without even feeling an ounce of fatigue.

 

Luhan is not looking at Baekhyun, just focusing on connecting with his force and feeling the Omega in his grip. There’s not a single sound around, they barely breathe.

 

At some point, when Baekhyun starts erratically floating and whimpering in fear, Luhan feels ready to faint. He barely managed to flick the little Omega over the edge of the hole before falling to ground as everything goes black.

 

 

”Lulu!” Minseok shouts, there for Luhan’s aid in a second along with other packmates, but all Chanyeol can think about is his angel that is currently in the arms of Kyungsoo.

 

His mate. His life.

 

His body starts moving on its own, he can’t wait another half a second.

 

”Where do you think you’re going?” Suho blocks his way, holding out an arm. Chanyeol doesn’t think twice before pushing at the other Alpha’s chest and hissing a ”get out of my way” - phrase.

 

”I don’t think we can do that, Chanyeol.” Sehun says from beside Suho, grabbing ahold of Chanyeol’s bicep. ”Let’s chill now, okey.”

 

”Let me freaking pass right now!” And the Alpha throws himself at his two packmates. ”Let me pass!”

 

Suho and Sehun shows no mercy, starting to tackle Chanyeol to the ground. ”Let me see him! I swear to-.. ARGH! Let go of me!”

Chanyeol goes more frantic, kicking and squirming, trying his hardest to get loose. And for some reason Sehun and Suho almost have trouble holding onto him because Chanyeol heats up like an oven, almost burning their palms and arms.

 

”Calm down, you’re getting really hot!” Sehun shouts, hissing at the burning sensation.

 

”Go to hell! Piss off!” Chanyeol spits at them, his bright red eyes glowing just like Luhan’s purple eyes does when he uses his ability.

 

”How much longer Lay!” Suho shouts, struggling to keep Chanyeol’s legs still. After a few seconds, Taemin joins in to hold Chanyeol down.

 

”, so hot. Is he sick?” Taemin wonders, eyebrows furrowed as he feels just a little intimidated by Chanyeol’s glowing, intense eyes.

 

”I don’t know, but it feels like he’s going to catch fire any-..”

 

”Ok, all good! He can come now, Baekhyun needs him and only him now.” Lay states, Chanyeol out of their hold before he even finishes his sentence.

 

Slowly, Chanyeol’s eyes stop glowing and he hurriedly makes his way to his petite Omega, who’s lost a lot of weight and looks pale and unnourished and weak.

 

”My Baekbaby,” the Alpha sniffs, gently and carefully picking Baekhyun up from the blankets. The small Omega wraps his weak arms around Chanyeol’s strong neck, crying and holding on for dear life. The Alpha too, holds on as tightly as he can, body shaking in sorrow for his Omega. This must be every Alphas worst nightmare.

 

The bystanders, the rest of the pack, lowers their gaze by the hurtful scene and gives them a moment. Kyungsoo and Lay backs off slowly, leaving Baekhyun to Chanyeol for the rest of his treatment. Only the Alpha has the ability to see to his Omega’s every need from now on and heal him properly.

 

Luhan is treated as well, and he’s fine now. They all retreat to their tents and call it a night.