Poisonous Chaos

In a blink, there will be power

 

Hey lovlies. A sorry for being away for so long, I am now posting this chapter to give you a taste of what's to come. I have a lot more from where this came from. Hope you enjoy.

 

Poisonous Chaos

 

When Tao and Kris steps into the kitchen, from the entrance leading from the outside, the first thing they do is hiss by the glass that stings their bare feet. Not quite breaking the skin of their heels, but it still stings. They have just been out running in their wolf form to shake off some frustration, so they’re not exactly very dressed at the moment.

 

”What the heck, ouch!” Kris looks down at the mess on the floor, stepping away from the glass and pulling Tao with him. He steps over some weird looking flowers, holding his Omega’s hand when Tao squeaks and clutches at his foot.

 

”I stepped on the flower!” he groans, looking at the rougher skin of his heel and then at the flower.

 

Kris lifts an eyebrow. ”Flowers doesn’t hurt, Tao-..”

 

”Are you kidding? They’re too beautiful to be stepped on!” Tao quickly bends down to pick up the flowers, gently holding them in his hands and pouting as he looks at the petals of the flower that is barely hanging on to the flowerhead.

 

”Now look what I did...” Tao misses the way Kris rolls his eyes dramatically, but then looks at him fondly.

 

”I’m sure there are plenty more out there.” Kris says, trying to comfort as he his Omega’s cheek with his thumb as Tao takes the flowers up to his nose and deeply inhales their scent. For some weird reason, when he does that, there is some white substance that flows into his nose together with the air he breathes in and Kris frowns at that. Tao sighs in delight, digging his nose deeper into the flowerhead and inhales again. The Omega then gets this dazed look on his face, looking lost in sweet thoughts of chocolate drinks and strawberry pies.

Kris stares for a while, frowning but chuckling also, a little unsure of the situation. Sure, Tao’s love for the nature is massive, but not to the extent that he dreams himself away in weird looking flowers.

”Okay okay, Tao, I get it, you love the flowers...”

When there is no answer, Kris’ frown deepens, specially when Tao gets this glazed look over his eyes. He’s not even blinking anymore.

 

”Tao...” the Alpha is starting to feel uncomfortable, and the sweet smell of the flowers is disgusting to him, ”Tao, hello.”

It’s when it starts oozing more white... out of the flowers that Kris finally gets enough of bull and straight out slaps the flowers out of Tao’s hands. He watches them land softly on the ground, releasing a cloud of white smoke that makes him cough.

 

He would expect a reaction from Tao. He would actually expect the Omega to rage and scold him, but instead he stand there motionless. Eyes glazed and facial expression neutral, so different from his normally emotional orbs and naive attitude.

”What the heck,” cough, ”Tao!” Kris kicks the flowers away, making them fly across the room and then proceeds to drag Tao out of the kitchen. His Omega follows him sloppily, still impossible to reach contact with. When reaching their common, biggest living room, Kris is shocked to see the chaos in it. Walls smashed to pieces, furniture destroyed, the sofas torn with huge claw-marks.

”What’s going on in this house today!” Kris shouts, head snapping to look up when there’s footsteps above him, a pack mate walking in the room on the second floor. He turns back to Tao, only to find him look around with a surprised facial expression. Now he looks completely fine and just as normal, his face contouring in a disapproving way. Strange, but what else is new?

 

”Are we under attack?!” The Omega panics, unconsciously moving closer to Kris and silently asks his Alpha to hold him close. In the midst of all, Kris can’t help cooing in his head.

”Of course not, little dummy. We would have known. Something else have happened here today. And it might just be Chanyeol and Suho that finally decided to end the tension between them.”

 

There was an episode where Suho accidentally (or maybe not so accidentally, because he was annoyed of the way Baekhyun was picking on Lay) knocked Baekhyun over, making him fall face first into a handful of planted roses. With thorns. The Omega suffered several cuts in his face and on his hands because of the impact of the push. Normally thorns wouldn’t hurt a wolf. Chanyeol had sworn to revenge his Omega, but Taemin forbid it. Now the tension is so anger-filled and awkward between them that it’s only a question of time before they snap at each other. It seriously wouldn’t surprise Kris if that is what happened here today.

 

Footsteps from the stairs is heard, Kris turns to face their pack-mates with Tao in his arms. It’s Taemin and Chanyeol by the smell of it, and when they reach the end of the staircase they look at them with horror in their eyes. They are wearing masks and gloves.

 

”Did you guys go to the kitchen!?” Taemin yells, a little muffled by the mask, making Tao growl by the accusation heard in the Lead Alpha’s voice. They didn’t do anything wrong, so why is he yelling!

 

”Well, obviously, Taemin? You know we were out. You know where we all get into the house after being out for a run.” Kris looks at his Head Alpha like he’s gone stupid in the nut for asking.

”I hope you didn’t touch anything!”

 

”It was a little hard when you let glass lie on the floor in a huge mess, yeah?” Kris is starting to get irritated. What’s his issue?

 

”You don’t understand, the flowers, they are poisonous and we believe both Lay and Jongin is heavily affected by them all though both of them have completely different symptoms.” Taemin explains, heading for the kitchen with Chanyeol in tow. Kris and Tao follows and stands in the door-opening to the kitchen, watching.

”Then how can you be so sure it’s the flowers?” Kris wants to know, because excuse him but his Omega just had a lifetime of those flowers up his nose just minutes ago.

 

”Well, one thing the both Omegas had in common” Taemin bends down to carefully pick up the flowers and put them in the black bag Chanyeol holds up, - ”they both got this really strange look in their eyes. This really glossy look, like they were not precent. After this happened both just... fell extremely ill and delusional.”

 

Tao clings to Kris’ side, his face pressed against his neck - he’s starting to get tired. Dread fills Kris. ”They both got this glossy, unexpressive eyes after smelling the flowers?”

Taemin looks up at Kris, holding one of the flowers far out from his body as he throws it in the bag. ”Yeah, all though Jongin actually ate one because of a stupid dare. He got it hard, he is really suffering right now if to judge by the sounds coming from their room.”

 

Kris swallows, hard, his palms starting to sweat and fickle nervously. Tao is breathing calmly down his neck, obviously not understanding the meaning of this. Did he not notice how he disappeared for a while... how the flowers affected him?

 

Kris can feel how Taemin is watching him, evaluating his darker, almost fearful facial expression. Kris can’t express how helpless he feels. He was standing right there! He could have stopped Tao from smelling them. From picking them up, from even looking at them.

”He touched them, didn’t he?” Taemin nods at Tao, looking crestfallen, ”he smelled them, right?”

 

Kris can only but nod slowly, and the change in his mood is making Tao restless. His Omega removes his head from his neck pit and looks him in the eye, questioning.

What? he asks through their telepathic mating-link that they were so cursed and blessed to have. There’s no one else in the pack that can communicate with their mates like this.

 

Ohh, Tao... What have I done. How are you feeling, are you alright? Kris looks for an answer in his mate’s eyes. As always, he’s oblivious. All though he was there throughout the whole conversation with Taemin, he doesn’t bother listening. Especially if he’s tired.

 

Tao surprises him though. Do you really believe that crap? Those flowers were far from poisonous. They were worse.

 

Kris’ eyes widens. What do you mean? Are you alright!? Tao, please, talk to me! Don’t speak in puzzles.

 

Tao turns around completely in Kris’ arms, facing him directly before wrapping his arms around his Alpha’s neck. He looks deeply into Kris’ eyes. What I mean is that we’re playing with fire right now, and not just any fire, but the kind of fire that burns down a whole village in one breath.

 

What? Kris shakes his head in denial and confusion. But how are you feeling?

I’m fine.
Tao answers dismissively, looking down between them and then Kris knows he’s lying.

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

Sehun wakes up to Jongin screaming and trashing. He’s in his human form again and he’s clutching at his head in pain, straight out wailing. Sehun is up on his knees quickly, bending over his frantic Omega that only gets louder by the second.

 

”Jongin..” he mumbles, unsure of what to do, because the whole situation is just freaking him out. His mate must be very sick to be in this much pain.

 

”SEHUN! Make it go a-a-away!!” Jongin trashes, his eyes closed and his legs is kicking all over the place. He’s tearing at his hair, sobbing.

 

”Ohmyg-.. Jongin, shh, I’m here okay, baby?” Sehun lies on top of his Omega, holding his legs in place with his body as he gently untangles Jongin’s fingers from his hair. ”I’m here.”

 

Jongin does his best to struggle against his Alpha’s hold. ”No no NO! MY HEAD!” he really squeezes his eyes shut, his facial expression of great pain. Sehun does his best to soothe, the tears from his mate’s cheeks and kissing his temples softly.

 

”Is your head hurting that bad, baby?” Sehun uses a little bit more force when Jongin’s body starts to convulse in strange shocks. Like he’s choking, but not really cause Jongin is breathing hard and fast and erratically.

 

”Yee-es..” the Omega cries, ”I can’t stand it... I don’t understand, what’s happening to me?”

 

Then his body trashes even more, and he screams in agony, his breath getting knocked out of chest. He sweats, the moistness running down his forehead and neck. Sehun struggles to keep him inside the bed, and he honestly fears for his Omega’s life, even though he can’t feel Jongin’s soul on it’s way to leave his lithe body any time soon. But in this state, Sehun can’t trust anything, because this is not normal for a wolf... not even a human.

 

The Omega’s body abruptly stills, all cries and screams quiets and all that can be heard is their heavy breathing. They are just waiting for the next thing to happen. If everything’s better now or if-...

 

When Jongin opens his eyes, the whole of his orbs is a color of pure white, you see no iris or no pupil or no unique pattern, just pure white. Sehun chokes on his breath in shock, freezing in position where he lies with half of his weight on top of Jongin, inbetween his legs. It’s not like the Alpha gets scared, because even though Jongin may had carried the evil of the world, Sehun still couldn’t be scared. It’s completely out of their nature to be scared of their Omega or any other Omega for that matter. Omegas, on the other hand, can get scared of their Alphas easily if they strongly use their dominant aura on them. Now, now Sehun is just shocked out of his mind and doesn’t dare move too far in case it’ll trigger some more... weirdness.

 

”Jongin, what the-...” Sehun scrambles to hover himself above his Omega, arms on both sides of his head. ”Your eyes...”

 

Jongin blinks again, and the white is completely gone and replaced by the Omega’s normal warm and beautiful dark brown color. It’s almost like it never happened.

Jongin continues to blink and stare at Sehun, his face blank. The Alpha can’t help the hard breathing that escapes him as he stares back at his mate, looking for a sign that he’s okay. Or that he’s normal again... looking for anything familiar. The seconds tick and tick, and Jongin doesn’t move an inch and barely even blinks anymore.

 

Until...

 

He whines. And stretches out his arms to fold them behind Sehun’s neck. ”Huuuug meee.” he complains, and Sehun falls with his whole weight on top of Jongin and really hugs him tight. A breath of relief and he feels his Omega’s fingers in his hair, as he always do to keep Sehun’s face against his neck. The Alpha breathes in his Omega’s scent, basking in it while tightening his arms around his mate. All though the scent is different now, like something’s added to his Omega’s amazing scent to make it even better. Which Sehun definitely thought was not possible. For now, the Alpha will not ponder too much upon this change. He needs to focus on loving and caring for his sick mate first.

 

”I swear, if you do tricks like that again, I’ll be seriously mad.” Sehun mutters into his skin.

 

”What tricks?” Jongin whispers back, voice clear as daylight and heartbeat calmer than ever.

 

Sehun disconnects his lips from Jongin’s throat, changing position so that he can look into his baby’s eyes. Which is still its golden brown, dark and expressive. Right now, they show confusion.

 

”What do you mean ‘what tricks’, I mean what you did just now.”

 

”What did I dooo?” Jongin pouts, looking sorry for something he clearly doesn’t remember doing.

 

”You mean that you don’t remember what you’ve done?” Sehun runs his fingers through his mate’s black hair.

 

”Well, I do remember almost hurting Jonghyun and that I almost kicked you in your face just now and I do remember this crucial pain... but it’s all a blur. Like I was outside of my body when it all happened. I had no control, Sehun... ” silence, ”but tricks?”

 

”Yeah, with your eyes, they were-...” Hold up by a strange feeling, Sehun’s eyes focus onto the mass of black hair piling up in his hands as he pulls away from Jongin’s scalp. ”What the heck...?”

 

Jongin sees the confusion and surprise written in Sehun’s eyes. ”What? What is it? Is something wrong with my hair?” And then he sees his Alpha’s hands filled with chunks of hair. His soft, golden black locks. In fear, Jongin grabs ahold of his hair and gently pulls at it, crying out when it gives away easily from his scalp and pools up in his hand. Not long and all his hair will be completely gone.

 

He looks up at Sehun in great fear, not feeling better by the worry and confusion written in his mate’s face.

 

”Oh my... Baby, I-I... Don’t worry, okay? We’ll figure this out. You’ll be okay. It’s probably because of the stress you’ve been through.” The Alpha tries to comfort, trying hard not to show the fear in his heart show on his face. He smiles a little, a broken smile that doesn’t reach his eyes. And Jongin might be fragile, a scaredy-cat and a little childish, but he is not stupid. And he sees. He sees the fear in those Alpha eyes, regardless of how obviously Sehun tries to hide it.

 

”We both know it’s not from the stress... I’ve been poisoned. By the beautiful, most delicious smelling flower in the whole wide world. Which looked so innocent in it’s beauty.”

 

 

-

 

 

Baekhyun bounces in his Alpha’s lap, satiated and happy. There’s a blanket wrapped around their bodies and it feels so good to have Chanyeol hold him when he’s full, clean and energy drained. It’s been such a long day, with so much happening that he’s just so glad to sit with his mate and eat and snuggle and eat some more.

 

Ignoring Taemin’s, Chanyeol’s, Kris’ and Suho’s calm chatting, Baekhyun plays with his Alpha’s much bigger hands. He draws patterns and writes letters of love that he sees Chanyeol understand by the way he slightly smiles in the middle of the serious conversation. It makes the the Omega giggle and pride himself, leaning back on the toned chest behind him. Chanyeol holds him close, wrapping his arms around his waist.

 

He just feels so content like this. The Alphas are doing their Alpha business while he, as the Omega, can just lean back and get taken care of. His only responsibility, really, is to keep Chanyeol happy and proud. All though Baekhyun knows he needs to work on the ‘proud’ thingy, he also knows that he is able to make Chanyeol extremely happy at those times he decides not to cause trouble.

 

He looks over at Lay, who’s exhausted and pale, wrapped in hundreds of blankets also sitting in his Alpha’s lap. Difference is Lay is asleep. Cold and sick.

 

He looks over at Tao also, he’s been oddly quiet since they gathered here in the living room at the third floor. It’s smaller than the one on first floor, but at least it’s not shattered to pieces. Tao is just sitting next to Kris, his head resting on his shoulder and hands clutching at his Alpha’s arm. There’s something odd about him, Baekhyun thinks, but his attention gets directed elsewhere when he detects Sehun’s and Jongin’s scent in the room.

 

There, before them, Sehun stands, carrying Jongin in his arms. The picture would be normal if not for the state that Jongin is in. He looks nearly lifeless and when looking at Sehun, he looks devastated.

 

One thing is sure, Sehun has everyone’s attention on him, everyone showing concern on their faces.

 

”He’s.. he’s so bad,” Sehun, the usual brave and cold Alpha, exclaims brokenly. ”I’ve tried everything.”

 

And so Sehun tell them everything. He explains how Jongin won’t eat, won’t sleep, how he rages for every little thing, how his eyes went white, how he screamed in agony. He tells them about the incident where they found out that Jongin is losing all his hair, and looking at him now, Jongin’s almost completely bold. It’s horrible to listen to and to witness.

 

”This is crazy...” Chanyeol says, cradling Baekhyun in his arms as the little one got scared by the stories Sehun had to tell. ”Baekhyun also ate that flower, and nothing happened to him.”

 

”Yet,” Suho points out, making the other Alpha growl at him. He does not want that attitude. If his Omega haven’t reacted to it yet, then that is a positive thing that should not be looked down upon.

 

”Wait, Baekhyun ate the flower too?” Kris looks astonished, because thinking about it Taemin completely forgot to mention that part earlier.

 

Chanyeol rolls his eyes. ”What’s with the reminder? Yes he did, and until now, he seems completely fine.” The Alpha takes the liberty to look down at his Omega, wanting approval. ”Right, Baekhyun?”

 

The Omega in question is about to nod when he chokes on air, believe it or not, and coughs a few times. Chanyeol pats his back and looks at him in concern. Baekhyun suddenly feels this intense ... special feeling, that has his eyes squeezing shut. After the feeling has quickly disappeared, he opens them again.

 

And sees nothing.

 

”Baekhyun, is everything alright?” Chanyeol asks, lifting his chin as to take a close look at his face. Baekhyun understands nothing, he can’t see his mate in front of him, but he knows for a fact that he’s there. He feels his breath on his lips and he feels his overpowering presence right. in. front. of. him.

 

Baekhyun gasps in shock, clinging to his Alpha, fingers digging into his shirt as his breathing speeds up. He tries to look around, but still ... nothing. But he knows Kris and Tao is at his right and that Suho, Lay, Taemin and Jonghyun is at his left and that Sehun is carrying Jongin where he stands cradling him in a corner when the noises got too loud for his sensitive ears. He knows... but he can’t see it.

 

Baekhyun starts hyperventilating, trying to look up at Chanyeol again, the reason why he’s still breathing and healthy and gets devastated when he can’t get the vision he wants. He blinks and blinks, he can feel his eyelids closing and opening, but there’s no light, no dark. No now open, and now closed.

 

Just plain nothing.

 

Chanyeol desperately tries to meet the eyes of his Omega, but the brown orbs is unfocused on him even though he’s right there, clearly wanting their eyes to meet. The hard breathing, the sweating, what’s wrong?

 

”Baekhyun?” Chanyeol gets worried when said Omega startles by his voice, ”what is it?”

 

The Alpha gets upset when Baekhyun obviously doesn’t want to meet his eyes. And the way he starts heaving for breath is making him concerned. ”Baekhyun! Talk to me!”

 

Baekhyun feels himself being lifted, he feels himself get shaken by strong hands. But he can’t see. He can’t see.

 

He chokes on a sob.

 

”I’m getting very worried, Baekkie, we all are... Please.” there’s hands his tears away, there’s fingers on his cheeks and thumbs under his eyes catching his falling tears. He’s put down again.

 

”Why won’t you look at me?”

 

Doesn’t he understand? Isn’t it clear as day that he’s not able to?

 

”Channie..” it’s quiet in the room when Baekhyun speaks. ”My sight...”

 

Chanyeol looks intently at his mate’s eyes, still noticing the fact that they can’t focus on anything, can’t meet his eyes because it’s obvious that Baekhyun is trying to ...

 

”You can’t see me?” the Alpha dreads the answer.

 

”I-I-I c-can’t see anything..” Baekhyun cries, ”not anything at all! Everything is just nothingness!”

 

The natural reaction for the Omega is to cling to his Alpha, because he seriously feels like he’s about to be left all alone. His arms wrap around Chanyeol’s neck, burying his face into his neck pit. He feels a little better when his mate hugs him close to him, real tight and strong, making him feel like Chanyeol haven’t disappeared on him.

 

”His sight can’t just disappeared like that!?” the Alpha yells, his muscles tightening a lot from the way he holds his Omega so very, very close to him. His mate is whimpering into his neck-pit, but mostly keeps quiet. It must be a traumatic shock, to just not be able to see anymore.

 

He hears Kris’ voice, it’s in disbelief. ”He can’t see?”

 

Chanyeol’s fingers is then in his Omega’s hair, on his scalp, soothing and a little shaky. The silence in the room is unbearable.

 

No one answers Kris.

 

”It’s the flowers, those hideous plants, there is not a doubt anymore. First thing in the morning, we’ll have to do some research. We must find out how to heal our Omegas.” Sehun says from the corner he’s in, Jongin’s snores muffled into his neck.

 

They all agree. After a while, Chanyeol is hit with a thought. ”How come only the Omegas is the ones thats infected by this? I smelled those flowers, I touched them with my bare hands.”

 

”There is no telling, Chanyeol, we’re stronger than them, both physically and mentally. Just like Baekhyun, we might take longer time to show symptoms.”

 

”Then we better get answers fast, we can’t afford to fall sick, not all of us.”

 

”But Jonghyun is all fine, right?” At the mention of his name, Jonghyun looks up at his pack mates and meets their stares. Taemin wraps a protective arm around his waist.

 

”Correct, and he’s not been exposed to the plant for even a second. The only hope I have now is that the sickness isn’t contagious. But Jonghyun hasn’t been near any other Omega today, so he might be all good.”

 

Chanyeol shakes his head. ”No, Taemin, lets not take any risks. Take Jonghyun and leave, immediately. Call the rest of our pack, especially Key, and ask them to snook around. I’ll call Luhan, Kyungsoo, Xiumin and Chen and ask them for their help here instead.”

 

The said pack-mates took a trip to some mountains as the-outsiders-with-no-omegas-trip. Been gone for a week, and their communication with them has been on a minimum.

 

”I could never just leave you guys here-..” Taemin is interrupted by Kris.

 

”No, I agree, go, Taemin. Take your mate and try to help us from afar. Kyungsoo and them are all Betas and Delta and Chen’s an Alpha. We can wait.”

 

Sehun nods, ”yeah, we need all the help we can get here, you can’t do anything but risk your Omegas health if you stay here. They are the most important right now, and do cherish that you don’t have to watch your own mate crumble before your eyes as you feel just fine and healthy psychically but a complete wreck mentally.”

 

Taemin sighs, ”alright, I’ll do anything for you guys, you know that right? You’re my family, and I’ll do everything to help your, our, Omegas. That I promise.”

 

Everyone nods because they all know that.

 

”We’ll keep in contact.” Kris states, gesturing Taemin to leave.

 

Phone calls is made, pack-mates is warned and they are already on their way the next moment. Never would they go so far away that it would risk the safety of their pack. It’s together that they remain the strongest pack in Asia. They’ll be back soon.