Wonderful Day

Partners

 

"I think you're just as excited as I am. Most of the time you're a few minutes late but you came early!" I jokingly said to him. "Well, I can't really deny it. This might be the boost we needed for your career, Seohyun."

 

I smiled just thinking about it and nodded in agreement. "Let's go to the salon fast. Better early." Jisoo said.

 

"Welcome Seohyun! Good to see you again!"

 

"You too! It's been a while."

 

"You're getting prettier! Not that you weren't beautiful before."

 

I laughed and thanked my makeup artist. IU has always made me look prettier than I really am. Although she constantly compliments me. "What's your schedule for today? Photoshoot?"

 

"Nope. Just a meeting for a potential job offer. So just very minimal but I know you already know what to do." I winked at her. "Of course! Can you give me a scoop about it?"

 

"Well, nothing's been set yet so I can't spill the beans but hopefully I get this deal. You'll be the first one I'll contact once it's settled."

 

"Oh good morning sir! Welcome to our salon!"

 

I looked at the direction where the greeting was coming. The staff in this salon are all women and they are getting excited upon the arrival of the customer. "Who's that?"

 

"Not sure. Probably a celebrity seeing the reaction of the staff. Close your eyes please."

 

I wanted to see who it was but I was instructed to close my eyes.

 

"Oh! Good morning sir!"

 

"Please sit here."

 

"Sir?" Silence came for a few seconds. I don't know why but all of them stopped talking. "Is...there anything wrong sir?" He didn't respond. Somehow, the noise of the makeup tools started again. I guess they are starting their work now. Still, it felt strange.

 

"Just close your eyes for a minute Seohyun. Let they eyeliner dry."

 

"Okay."

 

"Seohyun!" I can hear Jisoo's panting clearly. He sounds worried. "Why? What's the matter? You sound weird." He paused for a few seconds. "Oh, I thought something happened." Weirded out, I asked. "Should there be anything happening?"

 

"What? No that's not what I meant." Jisoo sounded so in denial. I wonder what's wrong? "Why are you even here anyway? I thought you hated salons." Stuttering, Jisoo answered "I was...uhm...just checking if you're almost done."

 

IU jumped in the conversation. "Don't worry. She's almost done. Seohyun, you can open your eyes now."

 

I don't know why but I opened my eyes slowly. I tried to look at Jisoo in the mirror but my eyes went to the person beside me. I became expressionless and froze in the moment. "Are you okay Seohyun?" IU asked. "Don't tell me you don't like your look? That's not the case right?" I snapped out of it. "Oh, of course. I've never been better and I like it, thank you very much." IU smiled. "You look amazing, really. And not just because I did the makeup." She let out a laugh. "I just need to tint your lips."

 

I smiled half-heartedly.

 

"Hi. Fancy seeing you here." I wished he didn't talk to me but he did. I faced the mirror without moving an inch towards his direction.  "You too." Not really.

 

"Are you a regular here?"

 

I paused for a few seconds thinking of the right answers even though I already know it. "Yes!" IU answered cheerfully for me. "She's been my regular customer ever since she started modelling. That was probably…”

 

“Nine months.” He and I said in unison.

 

Flustered, IU continued talking. “Y-yes. That was about nine months ago. How did you know sir? Are you friends with her?” Joohyuk shakes his head left and right. “No. I’m...just really updated in the modelling industry.” Oh really?

 

“Oh really? You must be really into it if you even know when the models started their career. Wow.”

 

“Oh, I just know the famous ones.”

 

IU smiled. “I gotta agree with you on that. Seohyun is really a famous model.”

 

“Uhm, IU? Are we done here?” I needed to get out of the salon as soon as possible.

 

“Oh! Sorry for keeping you here too long. I know you’re busy.” She does the final touches on my hair. “There, you look beautiful.” IU said while smiling in contentment. “She certainly is.” Joohyuk said. I immediately stood up from my seat. “Thank you, IU. I’ll come back here some time.”

 

“Yes! And don’t forget to deliver the good news!” I smiled look at her direction. “Of course! See you!” I bowed at Joohyuk and went straight out with Jisoo.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“What? I’m fine. I should have expected it to happen sooner. He might be an actor but we’re pretty much expected to cross paths some way.” I unknowingly let out a deep sigh and stared at the window. “He might be popular but he doesn’t deserve you, Seohyun.” Jisoo retorted. I smiled at Jisoo. “I’m okay, oppa. Really. Besides, I have to thank him for leaving me. At least I was able to start my career after.” I let out a sigh again. “Nine months.” At least he still remembers it.

 

“I think we’re too early. Let’s go to the cafe before going up.”

 

“Your treat manager!” He laughed. “Sure!” I looked at Jisoo curiously. "You're being too nice...a lot nicer than usual. Are you trying to cheer me up?" Jisoo laughed "If that's how you see it, then so be it. Let's go now before I change my mind."

 

Thirty minutes before the scheduled time of the meeting, we left the cafe and went inside the building. Jisoo told me “We’re going on the fifth floor so we need to use the elevator.” I nodded to him.

 

I suddenly heard footsteps coming towards our way. I looked back and to my surprise, it was Joohyuk.

 

“Hi.”

 

“Hi.”

 

“Two times in a row. That’s record-breaking.” With a stern look on my face I replied “Yes.” I hope that record won’t be broken anymore to be honest. We both entered the elevator along with our managers. “What floor sir?”

 

“Fifth, please.” Jisoo said.

 

"And you sir?" The man asked Joohyuk's manager.

 

 

----

HI GUYS!! Chapter 2's out :) I hope you guys like it! I'm so happy that there are some WooAh shippers here! I know we're kinda small in numbers but who cares? They deserve the love and a lot more screentime tbh! Sorry if there are typos somewhere. There probably is but I didn't notice it lol. I keep typing "Jisoo" as "Jisso" I hope I changed all those 😂 Upvotes, subsrciptions and comments are highly appreciated! Thank you once again <3

PS: I changed my username just in case some of you are wondering. Reason #1: I tried to make my stories into one shot but all failed lol. Reason #2: I'll probably do seohyun-related fanfics only from now on (well, that's what I've been doing so...) :D