The Harsh Truth

Just have to let go

 

“WHAT??! WHY DIDN’T YOU CALL ME??” Doojoon shouted.

You and Hyemi just smiled. You just told Doojoon about what had happened the previous day at the Feast. You had told quite a lot of information about Joon to Doojoon eversince he found out on the first day. Remember the time both of you sat at the foyer?

Doojoon went on bragging about what he would have done to Joon if he was there.

“…. I would go to him, pretend to shake his hand and twist his arm backwards and push his hand onto the table until he explain to you why he did what he did..”

“Aishh… it was seriously a wrong time for me to absent from school.” Doojoon said, shaking his head.

You walked nearer to him. “It’s okay Doojoon. The rest of them are supporting me! Besides, I think it was better that you weren’t there. If not, you would have made a big scene out of it and I really don’t want that.”

Doojoon raised an eyebrow and looked at you closely. He wasn’t really sure what he heard was right. But his expression softens. You smiled. Sometimes you wonder why Doojoon cared for you so much. There are other troubled girls out there who are also his friends. But why the extra care and concern towards you?

You, Hyemi, Doojoon and Junhyung were sitting at the café while telling Doojoon about the incident at the Feast. As the end of year examination is around the corner, Doojoon thought of studying together at your school library.

“Sorry guys. I guess I’ll have to pass. My mum had called me to come home because she said there was something important. Maybe next time yeah?” Junhyung said.

As Junhyung walked down the stairs and towards the gate, the three of you walked towards the library. You were a little disappointed that he left. How you wish you can go home right then too but you know your studies are more important.

You were checking your bag for your Mathematics notes when you realised you forgot to bring them. Doojoon and Hyemi did not bring any Maths notes as they were going to study other subjects.

“Aish! I didn’t bring my Maths. I didn’t bring other subjects’ notes. I think I have to go home.” You said.

Doojoon and Hyemi looked at you sceptically. You know exactly what they were thinking.

“I’m not making an excuse okay! Its true I didn’t bring! Check if you don’t believe.” You said, showing them your ped bag.

Doojoon peeked inside the bag and then nodded. “Fine then. Remember to bring your notes next time Hyuna-yah!”

“Deh..” I said and walked out of the door.

Hmm.. is he still in the school? Maybe if I walk fast enough he might be still walking to the gate. You smiled and quickened your pace as you made your way to the gate.

True enough, there he was. Still walking towards the gate. Is he slow or am I too fast?

You catch up with him. “Hey!” you said trying hard not to pant.

Junhyung was quite shocked to see you beside him all of a sudden. “Hey! Weren’t you with them just now?”

“Oh yeah. But I realised I didn’t bring my notes. So what’s the point of staying when I can’t study right?” you smiled to him.

Junhyung nodded and the both of you started walking together.

You were going to the bus interchange and you wonder if he was too. Your group always walk to the bus interchange even though there is a bus that could transport you there.

“So are you going to the interchange?” you broke the silence.

“Er no. I think I would just take the bus at that bus stand since I need to get back home as soon as possible.” Junhyung pointed to the bus stand that was a few walks away from us.

“Oh…” you nodded. You were disappointed once more, thinking that you could walk at least a far bit more than just towards that bus stand.

After that, it was quiet. All you can hear was the busy traffic and your footsteps walking. Okay this is awkward. Why can’t the both of you talk cheerfully like how you are in your group?

“You don’t talk much, do you?” you broke the silence again.

He laughed. “Yeah. So do you. I think we are both loud when we are with people like Hyemi, Doojoon and Gikwang.”

You just smiled. “Maybe its coz all of them talked non-stop.” Both of you laughed and Junhyung nodded in agreement.

And then there it was. The awkward silence again. Why is it that there’s nothing to talk about? Any random things? Come on Hyuna! Start a topic!

Just as you were about to say something, you realised you had already reached the bus stand. You sighed but Junhyung did not hear.

“So I’ll see you tomorrow then.” Junhyung said smiling to you.

“Yeah you too.” You smiled.

You were walking again and realised the bus had arrived. You turned to see him leave but he was still at the side, rummaging frantically into his bag and wallet.

You tilted your head slightly. As he was looking up, he caught you looking at him. You giving him a questioning look.

“I think I left my bus card at school!” Junhyung said with worry.

“Seriously?? Then, how now?” you asked him with much concern. Come on Hyuna, it’s just a bus card.

And he was searching his bag, the bus did not wait for him and had already left.

“I guess I’ll just use coins then.” Junhyung said, giving a lopsided smile.

Seeing your concerned face, he added, “It’s okay. I’ll wait for the next bus. Shouldn’t be long.” He chuckled.

You smiled and waved to him. He waved back and you continued walking to the interchange. Your smile fades after a few steps, remembering the awkward silence that the both of you had just now. You sighed.

I guess we’re not meant to be closer than just friends. We can’t even talk freely when we are walking together. Just the two of us.

You were always looking forward to walking home with him alone but there were always interruptions from your friends. Now that you have, you realised that there was nothing to talk about. You thought you would have a great conversation just like how you once did with Joon back then.

But Junhyung is different. He is somewhat similar to you. When a person that loves to talk, talks to you, you can continue talking on and on without even realising the topic you were talking about. But when you are with someone who doesn’t talk much, you keep quiet. You tried to remember the things you, Hyemi and Jiyeon talked about that could last for hours! However at that moment with Junhyung, you can’t even think of one.

There’s no point of trying to go home with him alone again. Because all you will get is awkward silence.

You continued sighing on your way to the interchange. This is the harsh truth that you have to face.



 

As I’ve said, I want to end this fic ASAP but I wont hurry the chapters. Just that maybe I will update more often before school starts. Hope this chapter didn’t disappoint you! COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS LOVED! <33