Promotion Day (continued)

Just have to let go

 

You were about to ask him what he meant by that when you saw Doojoon coming towards the both of you.

You ran to him even before he could reach you. You circled your arms around his neck and hugged him tight. You felt that your tears were about to fall. You were too overwhelmed by your sorrow, thinking of Doojoon leaving, that you forgotten about the question you wanted to hug Doojoon. You just wanted to….. hug him.

You felt Doojoon’s palm on your back. Half hugging, half ‘supporting’ your back. Neither Doojoon nor Junhyung said anything. You pulled away from him slowly, with your hands on his shoulders. He looked into your eyes intensely.

“You okay?” Doojoon asked, lifting up both his eyebrows.

You laughed a little, looking away. You turn back to him. “Am I okay? Shouldn’t it be me asking you?” you half smiled.

Junhyung suddenly coughed. You let go of your hands from Doojoon’s shoulders and look to your sides. Did he cough on purpose? But it sounded real. Maybe he really did cough.

“Oh mianhe! I really didn’t mean to interrupt your…. moment.” Junhyung said apologetically. You just smiled and both of you sat across Junhyung.

“So how did both of you do? Both promoted?” Doojoon asked, genuinely happy. You and Junhyung nodded slowly. Both of you don’t know how to answer him.

“That’s good. No more playing around next year arasso? I assume the rest didn’t make it. But anyway, life has to move on.” Doojoon said.

Both of you just nodded, looking down.

It was silent for awhile. It was as if everyone has something in their mind.

“So what are your plans now?” Junhyung spoke while turning to Doojoon, breaking the silence.

“I’m going to work. I mean, I can’t repeat another year, no school wants a student that was expelled, might as well I just work.” Doojoon said simply. He didn’t even sound a little bit sad. Maybe he’s not. Maybe he thinks this is the best for him.

Both of us just nodded. Junhyung and Doojoon started talking about potential places to work. You just listened to their conversation, smiling at some of their lame jokes.

Groups of students started coming out from everywhere. You looked around and you saw Hyemi, Gikwang and Jiyeon walking towards your direction. Their faces were solemn, but no tears. They walk to your table and just stood there, looking at Doojoon who was also looking at them. No words can be said at that moment. It was just a sorrowful day unlike any other. A day that all of you wanted to forget.

Little that all of you know, that it is the day that changed everything and everything is never going to be the same ever.

 

HELOOOO!! this is a very short chapter coz its kinda just a continuation to end off the promotion day. the last sentence is like a third person point of view. kinda like... god? anything you want to think. but its definitely not YOU. if u get what i mean. whe i say ALL means your friends AND you. :)

 

thank you for reading and comment yea! :DD LOVE YOU ALLL!!!!