Still Alive

My Guardian Angel

Yoonhae's POV

               "Stop getting in my way." I sighed as I recalled that sentence. "Ok, what's up? You've been sighing since forever and you've been frowning as well. What's bothering you?" asked Hyeju who was eating her strawberry yogurt. "Nothing. It's just... Today was kind off a weird day." I replied. "How so?" she asked. "Well, Taeyong asked me out to the library and he acted all weird and then this girl just came up to me, telling me to stop getting in her way. It's weird." I said. "Wait, who is this girl and he? Who's the he?" she asked. *Opps.* I thought as I realised I accidentally mentioned Minhyuk. "Erm, err the girl, it was..." I said as I scanned the cafeteria. "There, that one. The one sitting near the drink stall with 2 other girls." I said as I spotted the girl from earlier.

 

               "Oh, her." she said with a scoff. I was about to ask her something when she quickly added. "Wait, her? What did she want with you?" asked Hyeju as she had her full attention on me now. "Well, I don't know. She just left before I could even ask and who's she?" I asked. "You don't know her? Gosh, you really need to keep updated on what's going on around the school." said Hyeju as she shook her head. "Anyways, she's Park Sieun, a few classes down from ours. She's kinda popular but whatever. She's not as pretty." said Hyeju as she shrugged her shoulders and continued eating her yogurt. *Park Sieun...* I thought as I glanced over.

 

-At home-

 

               I've arrived home an hour ago and that guy is no where to be found. It's not like i'm worried or anything it's just, he was acting wierd the last time I saw him so yeah. *Seriously, where is he?* I thought as I looked outside the window. I shrugged then went to bed. *What is wrong with me?* I sighed as I shifted around trying to sleep. At last I sat up and almost got a heart attack. There he was on the floor, sitting by the foot of my bed with his shoulders slumped. "Hey... You ok?" I asked slowly as I was scared he would get all worked out again like earlier. "I don't know." he replied softly. By the look of it, he is obviously feeling down about something. "Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked. "Not really." he replied and I heard a soft sob. *Is he crying?* I thought as my eyes widened. I then got up and went over to him slowly. 

 

               He had his head down but it was obvious that he was crying. I then sat beside him quietly. "It's unfair." he spoke after a while. *What?* I thought as I looked at him. "Why is it always the same?" he continued. He then slowly looked at me and said, "Why can't I be happy?" The moment I saw the sadness in his eyes, something inside me just broke and my heart ached. My body then moved on it's own and I found myself wrapping my arms around him. "It's ok..." I said soothingly. I didn't know if that helped but I just wanted to calm him down for now. I felt him tense up at first but he soon relaxed and wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer. My heart was pounding and I had butterflies in my stomach but it felt nice at the same time. 

 

               After a while, he pulled away and wiped the remaining tears. "I'm sorry for acting up earlier today." he said. "No, it's fine." I replied, shaking my head. "And thanks for the hug. It was really comforting." he said as he looked at me and smiled. *Omg, what is this feeling?* I thought as my heart skipped. He had just finished crying and to smile with his eyes a little puffy, it was... rather cute. I then blinked as I snapped out of my thoughts. "W-well. No problem, i guess." I said as I stuttered. "Really? Then, can I have another hug?" he asked as he spread his arms out. "W-what? No way. Pevert." I said, flustered at his request to which he chuckled at. "It's wierd how I feel comfortable with you and not any other girls like before." he said with a soft smile. 

 

               "Were you not good with girls?" I asked. His smile faded slowly and his expression was replaced with a sadness. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have-" "It's ok." he said, cutting me off halfway. "You know how I said I was well known in school right?" he started and I nodded in response. "Well, that's mostly because of my looks and how I'm from a wealthy family." he said. "Most people, when they approach me or wants to be friends with me, is because of that. They wanted to gain popularity." he said. "So that's kinda why I got all fired up when you mentioned about having fake friends." he added. "That goes the same when it comes to girls. They like me because of what I have and I've always known this at the back of my head so I never took their feelings seriously." he explained.

 

               "Despite that, I fell in love with someone one day." he said. "I really thought things were different with her and I was going to confess to her when I overheard her conversation and found out that everything was a lie." he said and his expression fell once again. "After that, I just left and the next thing I know... I'm dead." he said as he looked at me with a sad smile. "Oh... I'm so sorry." I said softly and looked down. "Hey, it's not your fault I'm dead." he said with a chuckle. "You should really get some sleep. It's late." he said as he looked at the clock. "I'll go get the futon myself, you go ahead and lie down." he said but I stopped him by gripping his wrist. "You can sleep on the bed, if you want." I said softly as I felt myself blush. It's wierd for me to say this but I would feel bad to make him sleep on the floor after what happened.

 

               He didn't respond for a while so I looked up to see him looking at me with eyes slightly widened and a blush spread across his cheeks. "D-don't take it the wrong way! I'm just saying this because I trust you so..." I said as I quickly let go of his hand. "I-i know. I'm just a little... surprised." he said as he looked away. And so, we laid in bed together. I should be feeling wierd or uncomfortable but it's totally the opposite of it. I could feel my heart pounding and turned myself away from him to hide my blushing face. *Why am I feeling like this around him?* I thought as I took deep breaths to calm myself. *It's probably because he's a male. Yes, that's probably it.* I thought as I reassured myself. "You know, I can just sleep on the floor if you're uncomfortable." said Minhyuk. "N-no... I don't feel uncomfortable. I'm just not use to it so..." I said. 

 

               There was a few minutes of silence when he finally spoke. "Want me to sing you a lullaby then?" he said. "You can sing?" I asked as I turned around. Which was a bad idea because I came right face to face with him. We stared at each other before we shifted away. "Well then. Sing." I said as I felt myself blushing. "Y-yeah, ok." he said and proceeded to sing. I must admit, he can sing and i liked it. Soon enough, I fell asleep.

 

-Next day-

 

               I woke up to my alarm going off and got up for school as per usual. When i woke up, I noticed that Minhyuk was not in the room. *Where did he go again?* I thought as I shook my head. I was heading down the stairs when a delicious smell wafting up. "Good morning, eomma!" I greeted as I entered the kitchen. "Good morning sunshine." replied mum. *There he is.* I thought as I spotted him in the kitchen looking at what my mum was cooking. "Your mum's got serious skills." he commented, his eyes still fixed at the pan. "I wonder if you got skills like your mum?" he wondered as he looked at me with a teasing smirk. I responded by rolling my eyes and going over to the dining table.

 

               After having breakfast, I got up and helped mum clear up. "I'll be going off first then." I said as I opened the door. "Alright, have fun in school!" said mum. "I'll just see you until the traffic light." said Minhyuk. "Hmm? Oh, ok." I replied. Truthfully, I still had questions I wanted to ask him but now is probably not the right time. "So, you can sing huh?" I said. "Well, yeah I guess." he replied with sheepish smile. "I bet others would say the same." I teased. "Haha. I don't know about that." he replied. "Why not?" I asked. "Well, I never actually sang in front of anyone before. You're the first person I sang to." he said as he looked at me with a soft smile. "Oh, I-i see." I said as my heart skipped a beat and I felt my cheeks heating up.

 

               Soon enough, we reached the traffic light. "I'll see you later then." he said as the light turned green. "Ok." I replied and crossed the road. "Yoonhae ah!" shouted a voice. Of course, it was none other than my lovely best friend. "Morning, Hyeju." I greeted as she came beside me. We then chatted as we head to class. When we reached the classroom, I noticed that Taeyong was already in his seat. "Oho, seems like your prince charming is already here." said Hyeju as she gave me a teasing smirk before heading to her seat. *This girl.* I thought as I went over to my seat.

 

               "Morning, Taeyong." I greeted as I took my seat. "Morning. Hey, I about this weekend, I was wondering if the library near the park is ok with you?" asked Taeyong. "Oh, yeah. Sure! I'm fine with it." I replied with a smile. "Ok, that's great. It's settled then." said Taeyong. He flashed a smile at me before turning back around. *Omg, I can't wait.* I thought as I smiled to myself. Soon, Mrs Jang came in and class started.

 

-A while later-

 

               "Ok, before I end today's lesson, I have an announcement to make." said Mrs Jang. "The school wants to increase its publicity so they plan to carry out a school festival next week. Each class is needed to come up with a proposal on what they want to do and it is to be submitted within the next 2 days. So please, do discuss amongst yourself and I hope you guys come out with an interesting idea. Well, that is all, class dismissed." announced Mrs Jang as she dismissed the class. With that, the class started to get excited and bombarded a lot of ideas.

 

               After about an hour of discussion, the class decided on an idea which was apparently, a haunted house. They thought it was the most fun idea as we would all get to dress up in costumes and scare people around. Since I am the class leader, I needed too submit the proposal to the office. Hyeju wanted to accompany me but she had another club meeting for this upcoming event as well. So, I ended up going alone.

 

               "Here's our class proposal for the event. I said as I handed the piece of paper to Mrs Jang. "I can tell you guys are very excited to submit the proposal on the same day." said Mrs Jang with a smile. I smiled back and then excused myself. As I was going down the stairs, a male student was heading up. We made eye contact as we passed by and then he stopped me by the arm. "You're Yoonhae right?" he asked. "Yes, I am. Can i help you?" I asked. "Well, uh. The other day, I heard you calling out a name." he said. *Who's name?* I thought. "You said Minhyuk's name didn't you? Lee Minhyuk." he asked. *Omg, he heard me. What do I do?* I thought as I tried not to act surprised. "Did I? I think you heard wrongly. Haha." I said, trying not to sound awkward.

 

               "I'm quite sure I heard you correctly. You said his name as clear as day." he said with a chuckle which made me speechless as I didn't know what to say. "I'm not trying to scare you or anything. I'm his best friend." he informed with a smile. "Oh, i see..." I said as I nodded. "So, were you like, talking to him or something?" he asked. "W-what?" I said caught off guard. "Well, I was waiting for someone and I noticed you were talking alone and then you called out his name so I got curious." he said. "How do you know him? As far as I know, he didn't tell me he knows you." he continued. "O-oh. That, um. We kinda bump into each other often so..." I said. *I should probably ask.* I thought as I took a deep breath.

 

               "I... Haven't seen him around these days. Did something happen to him?" I asked slowly. "Oh, well. He had a car accident near the school one night." he informed. "But he's fine. He's at the hospital." he added. "Oh, i see." I said as I nodded. *Hospital?* I thought as my eyes widened. "Hospital? He's not dead?" I asked in confusion. "Where did you hear that? I just told you he's at the hospital. He's in a coma but he's still alive." he said.

 

 

 

 

               "He's... Still alive?"

 


Updated!

 

New chapter is up! How did you guys find this chapter?

 

Anyways, a new character came up and she's Park Sieun.

 

 

And who do you guys think is Minhyuk's best friend? Heheh.

Look out for the next update!

 


Sources

(https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/e6/82/33/e682338b904067e4e2e855911042013b.jpg)

(https://pics.prcm.jp/ulzzangboy/37899517/jpeg/37899517.jpeg)

(http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-D4MjkOzqB8U/VnLsKQR4VTI/AAAAAAAAAQ8/LAViDNVAMXA/s1600/Lee%2BGeum%2BHee%2B15.jpg)