Disappearance

My Guardian Angel

Yoonhae's POV

                    It's been two days since the festival and Minhyuk was nowhere to be found. I was getting really worried too. *What if he got lost somewhere? Or what if... What if he's gone?* I thought as I started to panic. "Yoonhae ah, are you ok?" asked Hyeju. "O-oh? I'm fine." I said. "Are you sure? You look so pale and you haven't been talking much these days. Is something going on?" asked Hyeju. She looked really worried. "No, no. I'm fine really." I said and smiled to reassure her. 

 

                    That night, Minhyuk wasn't there again. *Where are you? Please come back.* I thought as I curled myself up on my bed. Just then, there was a knock on the door and it opened to reveal my mum. "Sweetheart, is everything ok?" she asked as she entered and sat on my bed. "I don't know..." I said in soft whisper. "I don't know what to do." I added, my voice started sounding shaky. "Shh shh. Whatever it is, it's going to be alright." she said as she coaxed me in a warm hug.

 

                    The next day was a Saturday and here I am, standing in front of his ward. *Maybe this isn't a good idea.* I thought and was about to leave when a voice spoke. "Oh? You're the girl from last time." said the voice. I looked up to see Minhyuk's mother. "Are you here to visit him again?" she asked. "W-well... Yes." I said. "Oh, come in then." she smiled and opened the door. We then sat on the sofa that was beside his bed. I took a look at him and felt a gush of emotions in me. I swear it took everything for me not to break down right now. "You know... Besides Kihyun, you're the only other person to come visit him." she said. "Thank you." she added as she looked at me with a grateful smile. "It's no problem. I'm just really worried for him." I said. "Minhyuk never really talks about his friends a lot apart from the usual, "they're all the same"." she said with a chuckle. *That's sounds a lot like him.* I thought. "And I am certain that he's never really befriended any girls before." she said. "You could say i was overjoyed to see a young lady visiting him." she added as she smiled at me. "What's your name?" she asked. "Oh, I'm Lee Yoonhae." I bowed and smiled. "That's a nice name." she said with a smile.

 

                    "He has always been alone." she said. I looked to see that she had a sad smile as she gazed at him. "As a mother, I've never really spent much time with him. Same goes with his father." she continued. "He's always been strong by himself but I know it's not easy for him." she added. "Every strong person needs a support right by their side. So i have certainly failed to be that support for him." she said with a sad smile. "I just hope he finds his own support soon." she said as she turns to look at me. "How long have you been friend's with my son?" she asked. *Oh no. What should I say?* I thought as I mentally panicked. "Oh, um-" just then her phone rang. "Sorry, I have to take this call." she said as she excused herself.

 

                    As soon as she left, the room went quiet and only the beeping of his heartbeat could be heard. I slowly got up and sat on the chair right next to his bed. "Hey..." I started as I reached out for his hand. It was cold yet warm to touch at the same time. *You've been by yourself all these while...* I thought as I recalled the story told. "Where are you right now? You not planning to disappear on me are you?" I asked softly as I caressed his hand with my thumb. "Please come back." I said and a tear rolled down my cheeks. Just then, the door slid open and I quickly wiped my tears. "Is everything alright?" she asked as she goes over to me. "Yes yes and I should get going." I said as I got up. "Alright, please comeback and visit him again ok?" she said. "I will." I said with a smile. His mother walked me over to the door and I bowed before leaving.

 

                    Days passed by there was still no sign of Minhyuk. I am currently at the cafeteria as it was lunch break. The school had been lively lately as prom was nearing. Normally I would be excited but I can't help it. I was tying the balloons quietly when someone sat beside me. I turned to see that it was Taeyong. "Are you ok?' he asked. "Oh, hey. Yeah, I'm fine." I said. "You done with the decorations?" I asked. "Nah, I'm just taking a break and I happen to see you here." he said and I nodded. "Can I ask you something?" he asked after a short silence. "Sure." I replied. "Do you already have a date to... Prom?" he asked cautiously. *Wait, what is happening?* I thought as I widened my eyes. "Um, well. No, not yet." I answered. "I see." he said as he sighed in relief. *Wait, is he gonna-* my train of thought were interrupted as someone called out for Taeyong. Taeyong let out another sigh and got up. "Sorry, I gotta go." he said as he quickly went over to his friend. *Wow ok. What was that?* I thought as I calmed myself. Then I thought to myself, *If he did ask me to prom... Would I accept his invitation?*

 

 

Minhyuk's POV 

                    *Seems like everyone's getting quite hyped for prom.* I thought as I wandered around the school. I know i know. You guys are probably wondering where I had been all these while right? Well, I was everywhere. I needed time to sort my feelings out before showing myself infront of her. I don't want my feelings to make things awkward between us. So I had been trying hard to move on. So now I'm at the school because I think that i've got my feelings controlled and... I miss her. Anyway, I was looking for her when I saw her sitting in the corner of the hall tying the balloons. I was about to go to her when Taeyong beat me to it. I frowned as he sat beside her. I watched as they talked about something. Then he must've said something that get her flustered like that. Something like... Asking her out to prom. "Oh, whatever." I muttered as I turned to look away. As I faced away, my expression turned cold. "What she doing here?" I thought. Then I followed her gaze and realise that she was looking at them too. I then saw her hand folding into a fist and she muttered something before storming off. "What was that about?" I thought but shurgged it off and continued walking away.

 

                    I was about to leave the hall area when I turned the corner to see that girl with two other friends. They seemed suspicious so I walked closer to listen to their conversation. "...Yes and that's when you push it down." said the girl and the other two nodded. "Ok then. Let's make this happen so I can get my man back." she said as the other two giggled and quickly walked away. "This is what you get for stealing what's mine." the girl smirked before she turns the corner and disappeared into the crowd of students. *What is she up to this time?* I thought. Just then, a thought came over me which made me rush to get to Yoonhae. *Don't tell me she's planning on doing something to Yoonhae.* I thought as I looked around frantically for Yoonhae. Just then, I smiled in relief as I spotted her at the far end of the corner, carrying a big box down the stairs to the storeroom. However, my smiled quickly faltered as I noticed the girls from earlier on following right behind her. *I have a bad feeling about this.* I thought as I quickly squeezed through the crowd.

 

                    As I got to the stairs, I heard voices downstairs and quickened my pace down. When I reached where they were, my eyes widened as I saw one of the girls pushed Yoonhae backwards, making her trip and sending her body down the stairs. As her body hit the floor, the two girls immediately ran away. I quickly went down and tried to wake her up.

 

 

Yoonhae's POV

                    I was told to bring the box down to the storeroom. The box wasn't that heavy so I told Hyeju that i didn't necessarily need her help. I was going down the stairs when I heard giggling and footsteps right behind me. I looked back to see two girls talking to each other as they went down the stairs. *They're probably heading for the storeroom too.* I thought as I shrugged and continued going down the stairs. Just then, I heard the footsteps quickly get closer and I whipped around to see the two girls right behind me both. "Can I help you?" I asked. It's kinda creepy to see them standing there smiling at me. "Well, we'll just make this quick ok." said one of the girls. Before I could ask further, one of them advanced forward and pushed me backwards. *What?* I thought as I felt my body falling backwards. Before I knew it, I had rolled down the stairs and the world started to spin as my vision started to blur. Just then I heard footsteps rushing towards me and then that's when I heard a familiar voice that I had been longing to hear. *Minhyuk...?* I thought as I tried to look at the figure that was shaking me. 

 

 

 

 

                    But my vision was soon engulfed in darkness.

 


Updated.

 

 

Another chapter is up! Sorry if it's a little crappy but I'm trying to get my writer brain back on. It's been so long but I'll try to write a more interesting chapter in the future!

Oh and who do you guys think was the mastermind behind this? Leave your thoughts in the comments section below!

Source: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c6/90/04/c690048e520d6ddb280851c2eeca9ac0.gif