Reciprocate

My Guardian Angel

Yoonhae's POV

               "Wake up, please..." said a voice. *Wait, I know this voice.* When I opened my eyes, I find myself staring at the ceiling. My room's ceiling to be exact. "Urgh..." I groaned as I slowly got up to a sitting position. *My head hurts like hell...* I thought as I rubbed my temples. *Wait. Why am I in my room?* I thought as I looked around.

 

               Just then, the door opened and my mum stepped in. "Oh, thank goodness you're awake! How are you feeling?" she asked as she rushed to my side. "I'm fine... Just a little dizzy." I said. "Here, hydrate yourself. I'll call Hyeju up." she said as she handed me a glass of water and stepped out for a while. Immediately, I heard footsteps rushing over. "Yoonhae, you're finally awake!" exclaimed Hyeju as she dashed in for a hug. "Woah woah, calm down." I chuckled as I rubbed her back. "I was so worried when I found you unconcious. I should've accompanied you!" she sobbed. "Wait, you're the one who found me?" I asked with a frown. "Yeah. Well, if it's not for the paper to fly off to where you were, I would'nt have found you. But, I swear I had a tight grip on it." she said in confusion. *Then does that mean-* my thoughts were cut off when hugged me again. "I'm sorry. This would'nt have happened if I was with you." she sobbed. "No, it's not your fault." I chuckled hugged her back. At the same time, I looked around in hopes to see the figure that I've been longing for. I sighed as there was no sign of him.

 

               Hours later, night came. Hyeju had already left and I was at my balcony, staring at the night sky. *Just 5 days left till prom huh...* I sighed. *Where are you Minhyuk? I miss you.* I thought as I closed my eyes. Just then, I felt a hand on my head, gently patting it. I shot my eyes open and looked up. I stared at the figure standing by me with wide eyes. "Hey..." he said with an awkward smile. "I'm sorry I've been gone for a while. I just... Needed some time alone. I didn't mean to-" I cut him off as I quickly wrapped my arms around him tightly. I could feel his body tense before relaxing as he slowly wrapped his arms around me. "It really feels nice to hug you like this." he said after a while and I chuckled in response, snuggling closer. "You know, you're making me all nervous by having you so close right out." he confessed with a strained voice and I smiled as I heard that.

 

               "You know... It's not fair when you had your say that time and go off disappearing right after." I started as I referred to the campfire night. "What?" he said, voice laced with confusion. "This time, I'll have my say." I said softly. I leaned back slightly and stared into eyes. "I like you too." I said with a soft smile. His eyes widened as he stared down at me. "I like you, Lee Minhyuk." I added. After a while, he finally blinked. "Wait, what?" he said and I chuckled. "I said I like you." I giggled. "But... I thought, you like-" "I like you, Minhyuk. You. Not anyone else." I said, cutting him off. He went silent and stared at me once again with his wide eyes. Then a smile slowly formed and his face lit up, making me mirror his reaction. 

 

               I let out a soft gasp as he pulled me back for a tight hug. "You have no idea how happy I am right now." he said. "You have no idea too." I giggled. "But I'm just..." he said as he pulled back. "What?" I said as I looked at him in confusion. "I'm just, a lost soul. Not really a human you know and I don't know if I would ever wake up and-" "Hey..." I cut him off, making him look back at me. I then place one of my hand on his cheek. "No matter what form you are in or what happens... My feelings will always be for you." I said softly with a smile. He smiled and I felt him pulling me closer by the waist. I must say, he looks extra handsome standing in the moonlight like this. "You know, you saying that just makes want to..." he trailed off as he looked at me cautiously. "What?" I chuckled. "You know what, I'll just do it." I was honestly confused at what he was babbling about but the next thing I know, I could feel his breath close on my face as something soft placed itself on my lips. It took me a few seconds to process what was happening before I felt myself responding to it. 

 

               After a while, we broke the kiss. "Wow... That was heavenly." he said as he rested his forehead on mine and I giggled in response. We stayed in each other's arms for a while more and when we broke the hug, my eyes widened. "What's wrong?" he asked. "You look... transparent." I said as I looked in horror. "Minhyuk, what's going on?!" I shireked and I started to freak out as I realised he's gradually started to appear more transparent. "Hey hey... It's fine. Just remember, I love you..." There was a pause before he continued.

 

 

 

 

               "My guardian angel." with that, he disappeared into the thin air and that was the last time I see his smile.

 


How's that for a quick comeback? Ehehe.

Source: https://urlzs.com/mv84v