The Encounter

My Guardian Angel

Yoonhae’s POV

                School was as per normal again today and nothing much happened. I was already on my way back home, walking quietly along the streets. *I wonder if my wish was actually heard.* I thought as I recalled the wish I made that night. *Hmm… Well, I’ll just probably have to wait and see.* I sighed as I raised my head. Right that moment, I saw a male figure in front, not that far away from me. He was wearing the same uniform as me so I figured he probably attended the same high school. Now walking closer to him, I could see that he has thick, brown hair and was quite tall. However, he seemed to look as though he’s lost. *Maybe I should ask if he’s okay…* I thought as I approached him.

 

                “Gwenchanayo? You seem a little lost.” I asked. I saw him flinch before he whipped his head around to look at me. My eyes widened the moment I got a view of his face. *Oh my god… How can someone be this good looking?* I thought as I admired his face. I snapped out of my thoughts when I see him looking at me in confusion. He then looked around him before looking back at me with the same expression. It’s as though he’s checking if I was really talking to him and not anyone else. Who else could I be talking to? We’re the only ones here. He continued staring at me and honestly, it was getting a little creepy. *Okay, maybe I got the wrong impression. It must’ve been weird of me to ask him that.* I thought as I bit my lip.

 

                Thinking that it’s probably best to walk away before anything weird happens, I said, “Ah… Joesonghabnida. I’m probably mistaken. I’ll be on my way…” and quickly walked off. Not daring to even look back at him. “Whew.” I let out as I turn around the corner. *That was weird but I’ve got to admit. He was rather cute.* I thought to myself as I recalled those deep brown eyes and handsome features. “Come to think of it. I’ve never seen him in school before.” I said to myself. “He looks like he’s around my age…” I added. As I continued walking, I suddenly heard footsteps behind me which made me stop in my tracks and turn around cautiously.

 

                A shiver ran down my spine when I see that there was no one around. *Okay… This is getting even creepier.* I thought as I tightened the grip on my bag straps. I turned back around and quickened my steps. The moment I continued walking, those footsteps could be heard again. Fearing that a murderer or kidnapper could be right behind me, I started to run. The moment I’m in front of my house, I quickly unlocked the front gate and shut it as soon as I stepped in. I then entered the house and went straight to my room.

 

                To confirm that I really wasn’t being followed anymore, I cautiously looked outside the window. Seeing that there was no one suspicious in sight, I let out a sigh in relief. *That was really, really close.* I thought to myself. However, the moment I turned around, I found myself face to face with those handsome features I saw just moments ago. My eyes widened before I let out a very loud scream.

 

                “Ah! Stop stop! My ears hurt!” he said as he covered his ears and grimaced. “Wh-wh-who are you? And how did you get in here?!” I asked in panic. “So you really can see me, hmm.” he said inquisitively to which I frowned at. “What do you mean by that? Of course I can see you. I’m even talking to you.” I said as I looked at him weirdly. “How can you see me though? No one ever saw me before or even talked to me.” He asked as he stepped closer towards me. “Wh-what are you talking about?” I replied as I slowly backed away. He continued walking towards me until my back hits the wall.  I gasped as he moved his face towards mine.

 

                “This is interesting…” he said as a smirk played on his lips. I was too captivated by his deep brown eyes that I found myself frozen on the spot. *I should do something but I can’t seem to move.* I thought as I panicked. “Who are you?” he asked, breaking the silence. *Excuse me?* I thought as I snapped. “I’m sorry but I think I’m the one who’s supposed to be asking you that.” I said with a frowned. “You don’t know who I am?” he asked as he raised an eyebrow. “Aren’t you attending the same high school?” he added. *What, is he some kind of idol I’m supposed to recognise?* I thought as my expression mirrored his.

 

                “You really don’t know who I am?” he asked again this time looking really surprised. “Well, obviously. If I knew who you were, I wouldn’t have asked you in the first place.” I said as my eyes narrowed. I was starting to get annoyed. “But what I’m really interested to know is how in the world did you even get in here without me noticing?” I asked. “I just walked in. Duh.” he stated as matter of fact. “How did you even- I didn’t even see you!” I exclaimed to which he chuckled at. *What?* I thought as I frowned.

 

                “You still don’t get it do you?” he said looking back at me again. “I’m like air. Only that i’m not invisible to you, apparently.” he added with a smirk. *Just what in the universe is this maniac talking about?* I thought as I looked at him as though he’s crazy. Which I think he is. “Can you just put it in simpler terms? Cause I'm not even sure if we’re talking in the same language right now.” I said as I crossed my arms. “Fine.” he said letting out an exasperated sigh. “I’m a ghost, a spirit, a soul or whatever you want to call me.” he said as my eyes widened. Seeing my reaction, he smirked as he leaned in towards me and said, “You’re currently talking to a dead person, missy.”

 

 

 

 

 

                *What.* 

 


 

Updated!

 

 

 

They finally met, woohoo!

Wonder what's going to happen next? Mwehehe.

 

 

 

I was wondering. Are my updates short? Should I write longer? Do tell me what's your opinion on this!

 

 

Do leave comments and look forward to the next chapter! Peace out!

 

 


Credits to the right owners.