It's always the same

My Guardian Angel

Minhyuk’s POV

               I’ve always thought that girls are all the same. When they say they like you, there could be many reasons but it all boils down to; looks, fame and money. No? Well, at least it is for me. It’s the same all the time whenever someone tells me that they like me. It’s always, “You’re so handsome. How could I not fall for those?” If not, it’s because of my popularity or money. Of course I can’t blame myself for possessing all these. I am grateful with but this is the price that comes with it. Girls fall for those traits, not me as a person. This is the very reason why I don’t actually befriend a female. Well, that’s what I’ve always thought until I met someone who was different from the rest.

 

               It was gym period and I was sitting at the benches as I hurt my knee while playing. I was all by myself when a voice speaks up from behind. “Gwenchanayo?” asked a feminine voice. *Here we go.* I thought as I turned to see a female in gym clothing standing behind me with worry reflected in her looks. “Yeah. I’m fine.” I answered. “You took quite a fall just now. Must have hurt quite bad.” she said. “Nope, it totally felt like falling into a pile of cushion.” I replied sarcastically hoping she’d get the hint that I wasn’t in the mood to talk.

 

               However, she giggled which got me a little confuse. “Ah, I see. That is an interesting floor you landed on.” she smiled. “Can I sit here?” she asked while pointing to the empty space beside me. I nodded and she proceeded to sit beside me. It’s not like I own this bench anyway. “How’s your knee?” she asked after a while. “It’s fine.” I replied curtly. She was about to say something when her classmates called for her.

 

               “Oh, well. Seems like I have to get going.” she said as she stood up. “Here.” she said as she held something out for me. *Candy?* I thought as I looked at her with a confused expression. “I know it’s probably silly but I hope it’ll help your knee to heal faster.” she smiled shyly. *Well, this is silly but there’s no harm to a candy. Oh well.* I shrugged as I took it from her. She then smiled brightly and said, “It was nice talking to you! See you!” before she ran off to join her class. I stared blankly, clearly confused at the exchange. I then turned my attention to the candy and proceeded to unwrap it. I threw it into my mouth and a burst of sweetness could be tasted. “Help my knee to heal faster huh? Silly.” I chuckled. *She seems interesting.* I thought for the first time.

 

               From that encounter onwards, we keep bumping into each other in school and somehow got close. I was at times doubtful towards her but she would prove me wrong every single time. I eventually developed feelings for her which I thought would never happen in a million years. She was really different. One day, I decided that I had to tell her. I then proposed to meet up at the gate after school where I’ll then bring her to the park and confess my feelings. However, I was running a little late on that day as I had to assist my teacher with something. After that, I quickly went for the gates in fear that she’ll leave if I was any later.

 

               I sighed in relief when I see her still there, waiting for me patiently. I smiled and straightened my uniform as I quietly walked towards her. Her back was facing me so she didn’t see me coming. As I was walking closer, I realise that she was talking to someone on the phone. I smiled and was about to tap her shoulder when I overhead her conversation.

 

               “He told me to meet right after school but I’ve been waiting for like, 10 minutes now.”  she said. I started to frown the moment I heard that and decided to listen further. “But it’s ok. This is the Lee Minhyuk after all.” she added. *Don’t tell me…* I thought as what I fear is beginning to happen. “He’s probably going to confess to me and after that, he’ll be mine and I’ll be known to everyone as his girlfriend. The one lucky girl who managed to steal his heart. Not like the other pathetic girls.” she said with a laugh at the end. *I knew it.* I thought as I glared at her before walking back the direction I came from.

 

               “I fell for her tricks. How pathetic.” I chuckled in disbelief as I walked along the streets. *It’s the same after all.* I thought as I sighed and plugged in my earpiece and blasted music in my ears. Deafening all sounds from my surrounding. I looked at the ground as I put my hands in my pocket. *Why is it the same every time?* I thought. *Is there even one out there who would like me for who I am?* I thought as I crossed the road, still looking at the ground. *Even if there is, she’s probably a guardian angel.* I continued. *Guardian angel, huh.* I thought as I chuckled to myself. Just then, bright lights could be seen coming towards me at full speed.

 

 

 

 

 

               The next thing I know, my vision was engulfed in total darkness.

 


 

 

 

Woohoo! How's that for an intro/comeback??? Did I do well? Kekeke! xD

 

 

Let me know how you guys felt when reading this chapter in the comments below. Would really love to know what you guys are thinking! ^^*

 

 

Anyways, please look forward to the next chapter!

 

 


Credits to the right owners.