Introduction

Right sender, Wrong receiver
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your first few hours in Korea was spent 30% eating and 60% sleeping. You used the remaining 10% to buy food and find a decent place to live in. You wanted to play it safe, so you checked in a hotel while you finalize your short rental space. You haven't texted anyone from back home. So you were really surprised to receive a text.

》How did you get this number? This number was supposed to be unused.

You were so confused. How did this person know that? And why would they text it, if they knew that? You let your curiosity grow.

《Wait, how do you know that? And why would you still text this number, knowing you won't get a reply? Please don't see this as being rude, but by chance are you okay in the head? I don't know if you ever heard of "Loco/Loca de amor"? Did you by chance get crazy of love?

》How can you ask that?

《Just curious. I'm sorry, I can't return this sim card. I left everything behind. If I want to be found, I need something for them to communicate with me by.

》Are you a runaway?

《I guess so.

》Where are you from?

《Who is your love?

》Are you Korean?

《Does it matter?

》Okay, I am sorry. If we got on the wrong foot. 

《You're starting to really creep me out. Please don't text me ever again.

》I'm sorry. Please let me explain. 

You decide to avoid reading anymore craziness. 

Beep.

Beep.

You gave in and checked your phone. 

》I saw this sim card years ago. My Grandmother said that she will wait until I found my love. She was battling cancer.

》You might find me creepy. I see that. But I have to let this out. You don't have to read it, or reply. I will just text it out. She told me that my love will come someday. It never came. My grandmother left a few years ago. I wanted to believe in what she said. So, I told the manager of the convenience store to never sell the last Sim card. I heard that the manager retired and, that's why how you got it. I'm sorry, I won't text you again.

You sigh as you read it over again.

《I'm sorry for your loss. I lost both my grandmothers. Actually, all my grandparents a while back. So, I feel for you. If it will make you feel better, I'll buy a new sim card first thing tomorrow. I will throw this one away.

》No!

》Please don't throw your sim card.

《But why? And, you said your sim card. Are you really okay now?

》Yes. I won't text you anymore. I'm sorry.

《Okay, I don't think a creepy jerk will actually use their dead grandmother as a way to lure innocent women. So I'll bite. 

》Bite?

《Sorry, it's an expression. 

》You're a woman?

《*sighs* Yes. And you?

》A man. 

《Okay. Well, I hope you find your true love. I have to go. 

》Can I still text you?

Your phone battery dies. You couldn't find the charger since earlier. You used it up to contact the landlord of the house. He spoke English. His accent was just so strong and you honestly blame the signal from earlier. Here you are, about ready to call it a night when you find the charger, by your toes. You charge your phone and fell asleep. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter