Chapter 9

Picture of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N : double update in 24 hours. Read the previous chapter first if you haven’t!

~~~~~~ **** ~~~~~~

 

Based on the CCTVs, Jaehyun haven’t gone out of this hospital. Taeyong is still holding the tissue, reading the poem written on it over and over again as he’s also thinking what’s the meaning behind those words and where’s possibly Jaehyun (or Jeffrey) right now.

Taeyong thinks Jeffrey is Jaehyun’s new and unknown alter ego. There’s no way someone named Jeffrey kidnapped Jaehyun (Jay) earlier and just left a poem on a sheet of tissue! It must’ve been Jaehyun’s alter ego who wrote it, not someone else.

Jeffrey, Jeffrey, Jeffrey. Taeyong says the name repeatedly, wondering what traits this unknown alter ego possesses. Does he good? Or bad?

Taeyong shakes his head. There are always good and bad traits in every human being. No one is perfect. What’s the difference is which trait is the dominant one.

While the doctors are still waiting for the report from the security teams regarding Jaehyun’s whereabouts, Taeyong decides to just take the elevator to the rooftop.

Based on the short poem, Jeffrey sounds like a romanticist. There isn’t any place with a good view in this hospital aside of the rooftop garden. A romanticist tends to seek for nice views for inspiration, although many of romanticists love to drowned into their own misery and turn their hurt experiences into something beautiful such as poems, or songs.

Jeffrey’s short poem sounds beautiful, but also sad, and depressed at the same time. Taeyong’s worried Jeffrey had the severe depression.

Just like what Taeyong have guessed, Jeffrey is there, standing alone on the rooftop as he closed his eyes, enjoying the winter breeze with a soft smile plastered on his peaceful face, doesn’t bother with the cold breeze that makes Taeyong shivered as he walks closer to Jeffrey. Taeyong silently curse himself for leaving his warm coat at Jaehyun’s room!

Taeyong is now standing next to Jeffrey who’s still unaware of his presence. He has no idea how to pull Jeffrey out of his own world, so he clears his throat.

Jeffrey’s eyes flutters open. His gaze looks really soft but intimidating at the same time, like he has some sort of powers that make people around him deluding themselves as a special one but unable to do anything, just waiting for Jeffrey to decide, to give them any value, any words, any meaning in those beautiful brown orbs.

Jeffrey is not looking into your eyes, but into your soul. You’d feel under his gaze. You’d feel special but small. You’d feel nothing compared to him.

Jeffrey oozes the strong aura around him, like he had known this world better than you. Even like he had known you better than yourself.

 “Do you know me?” Finally, after getting his sense back, Taeyong could say those words.

Jeffrey gives Taeyong a big smile as he shakes his head slowly. His deep gaze never leaves Taeyong’s nervous stare even for just a second, trapping Taeyong inside of those brown charming orbs.

Jeffrey is really charming. But dangerous.

There’s something in him that makes Taeyong doesn’t want to get closer to him.

“Do you know me?” Jeffrey’s voice sound so velvety. If only sounds had taste, then Jeffrey’s voice would taste like chocolate and honey.

Jeffrey is still smiling as he is holding his gaze at Taeyong more tenderly now, almost like as if he’s trying to entice Taeyong into whatever it is inside of his head.

The soft breeze that touches Jeffrey’s ash blonde hair makes him more ethereal in Taeyong’s eyes. Taeyong’s totally bewitched!

Jeffrey smiles even wider now, that’s what he wanted!

“Do you know me?” Jeffrey is asking the same question. Now it sounds a bit dangerous. Sounds like a trap.

Taeyong takes a deep breath before saying. “What do you think?”

Jeffrey lets out a cheerful chuckle. “Clever.” He takes one step closer to where Taeyong stands, bending his knees, so their eyes are on the same level now. “You’re curious about me. You want to know more about me.” Jeffrey smirks, feeling proud when he hears a soft gasp slips from Taeyong’s mouth.

“Are you a model?”

“Huh?” Tayeong feels really confused with the unexpected question.

“Your face would look really good on a magazine.” Jeffrey shrugs nonchalantly, but his eyes couldn’t lie, there’s a mischievous glint playing on those charming but dangerous orbs.

Taeyong shakes his head as his brain is thinking of a lot of possibilities. “No, I’m not.” His answer sounds too serious in Jeffrey’s ears.

Jeffrey didn’t know him! Jeffrey had no recollection of him!

Jeffrey chuckles as his eyes twinkling cutely. “I know right, it’d be better if it’s only me who has your face on my phone.”

Taeyong’s brows furrowed. “Excuse me, are you flirting with me?”

Jeffrey shrugs. “What do you think?”

Taeyong doesn’t say anything. He just presses his lips tight as he looks at Jeffrey with a really sharp gaze, wishing Jeffrey would stop playing, and start taking his question seriously.

“What’s your name?” Taeyong asks. It’d be weird if he said he knows Jeffrey.

“I’d tell you my name if you give me something in return.” Jeffrey smirks playfully.

“What?”

“Your name.” Jeffrey smiles. It had to be be sounds really lame and flirty in a failed way, but weirdly it sounds charming in Taeyong’s ears. Maybe it’s because of the smile. Those stupid dimples grin that could heal this entire hospital!

“Lee Taeyong.” Taeyong said.

Jeffrey smiles. “Lee Taeyong.” He said Taeyong’s name with his velvety voice, almost full of reverence.

Taeyong nods. “Your name?”

“Jeffrey. Jeffrey Kim. Where is this?”

Taeyong frowns. “Seoul.”

Jeffrey hums. “I know this is South Korea, but I don’t know where exactly it is.”

“Where are you from?” Taeyong asks again. He knows it’s a little bit too early, judging from the change of Jeffrey’s expression.

“You’re really curious about me, huh?” He teases Taeyong, then laugh, making his eyes turn crescent. His eye’s smile looks really nice, of course, just like Jaehyun’s.

Taeyong nods. It’s better being honest with this kind of man. Honest, but wise.

“I’m from California.”

“Why are you here? I mean, do you remember why you are here?”

Jeffrey seems love to smile. This time he’s smiling too as he’s answering Taeyong’s question. “I don’t know. Why am I here? What happened to me? I have no idea. When I woke up, I feel so… stuffy.” Jeffrey stops talking, then chuckles. “Why am I telling you this? I’m sorry. I talk too much.” Jeffrey reaches out his hands, caressing Taeyong’s cheeks slowly. “You make me talk too much, Taeyong.”

Taeyong shivered. Not because of the cold breeze this time.

Jeffrey’s touches seem… odd.

Jeffrey is still caressing Taeyong’s face with his thumbs as he’s looking into Taeyong’s eyes intensely, almost seems like he’s feeling frustrated over something Taeyong couldn’t pinpoint what it is.

“Would you become my muse, Taeyong?” Jeffrey’s deep honey voice sends shiver down Taeyong’s spine.

“Are you an artist? Musician?” Taeyong asks, although he could guess it. Jeffrey is a writer. Or maybe writing poem is just his hobby, but Taeyong doubts it.

Jeffrey smiles and nods slowly. “An artist, but not a musician.”

“Are you a painter?”

Jeffrey hums. “Hmm, you could say. Though I often paint in words, sometimes in shapes and colors, too.”

When Jeffrey said shapes and colors, Taeyong wanted to run!

Jeffrey is dangerous in many aspects. Almost like a predator. A beautiful predator.

Taeyong wants to run, but he’s too mesmerized with Jeffrey’s charms. His voice, his gaze, his touches, his smile, his scent. Everything in him pulls Taeyong in. It’s a maze. A trap.

One of Jeffrey’s arms circle Taeyong’s waist, pulls him closer until his face bumps into Jeffrey’s chest.

Jeffrey chuckles as he wraps his arms a bit protectively around Taeyong, it’s almost as if Jeffrey thinks Taeyong as one of his possessions, and Taeyong can’t get off his grasps.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter