Life in the Balance

Behind Closed Doors

Cold, wet, hard. Those were the sensations that Sunggyu felt as he struggled to open his eyes, the effort of doing such a simple task so difficult, almost burdensome. He blinked a few times, trying to get his eyes to adjust to the dim lighting of the room, a light that was given by a single light bulb, dangling from the warehouse ceiling and swaying precariously. If Sunggyu was in a different situation, he would have laughed at the absurdity of the scene, its likeliness to a horror movie uncanny. But he was in the situation, and this was not the time to laugh. He had to figure out where the hell he was. He tried to push himself into a sitting position, but immediately cried out in pain. The weight was too much for his left arm and his torso was aching for some reason. Gingerly, his right hand reached to slowly lift up his shirt, and even in the horrible lighting, he could see a nasty purple bruise forming around his abdomen, the worst of it concentrated on the lower left side near his belly button. He it, grimacing and hissing.

 

“, what the hell?” He pondered, and he felt something sticky and wet near his right eye. He touched it, and rubbed the wet substance between his fingers before he brought his hands down to examine what it was. Red….which meant….

 

“Blood.” he whispered in shock. And suddenly, it all came back

 

“Sunggyu? Hyung? Hello? What’s happening?” Myungsoo frantically called through the other end of the receiver. Sunggyu closed his eyes, his hands snapping the burner phone shut before handing it to one of the men holding him roughly by the shoulders. He immediately threw it to the ground and proceeded to stomp on it, breaking the phone into tiny pieces and making it unusable, but more importantly, untraceable. The man then shoved him forward, a rough “move” escaping from his lips. Sunggyu could only stagger forward, slightly losing his balance from the strong push. He looked ahead of him, seeing the dark, almost menacing building in front of him, and he knew what was inside.

 

His demon.

 

He had made a deal with the devil, a deal that he knew would always come back to hurt him, to haunt him. But in that moment, when he made the deal to save Woohyun’s life, it seemed to be the only option, especially when all the banks and insurance companies failed him, denied him any coverages or loans because of “Woohyun’s medical diagnosis” Their pretty lies and false sorrows only served to make the pain worse. They knew that Woohyun was dying, but instead of trying to help him, to allow his passing to be less painful, they ignored him, turning their back on him for profits.

 

But then he came.

 

Promised that he would be more than willing to give the huge amount of money required for that specialized health care up front. All that he needed, or cared about, is Sunggyu kept up with his monthly payments. If he did, then he would have no problem. And he did, at first. Until the cafe business started to slow down, and there was no way he was going to ask Myungsoo to borrow some money to pay for a loan that he had no idea about. In fact, he didn’t even know that the cafe business was hurting.

 

The first time, Sungjong had come to the cafe, flocked by at least 4 guards in every direction, their faces grim, their eyes hidden by dark shades. Sungjong had casually come to the cash register, and handed him a $100 bill for a small black coffee.

 

“Keep the change…..you’re gonna need it.” Sungjong quietly stated, his piercing light green eyes peeking out from above the shades. The hidden meaning was loud and clear. Sunggyu had nervously nodded, thanking him for his kindness, but right after Sungjong and his men left, he had immediately collapsed onto the floor not in fear, but in worry. He could pay this month, and probably the next 3 months. But after that…. He had no idea how he was gonna do it.

 

So here he was, 7 months after that encounter. He was behind on the payments by 4 months, and Sungjong was not happy. Not happy at all...

 

“Sunggyu-shii! Well, what a nice surprise! What brings you to my...humble establishment?” A voice called out, snapping Sunggyu out of his musings. He looked up and forward to an petite figure sitting in a simple folding chair right under the light source. His legs were folded on top on one another, his hands placed on his knee almost delicately, making him almost look elegant, graceful. But looks weren’t everything.Sunggyu knew from first hand that the small, almost feminine and gentle looking man was quite fierce and ruthless. Especially when it came to his money. His light blonde hair fell in waves behind his ears, the bangs parted in a way that fully revealed his face. As Sunggyu moved closer, he noticed that the man in the chair wasn’t wearing any shades to hide his now silver eyes.

 

To the right of him was a taller man, young as well, eyes hidden by dark black shades, a serious expression on his face. He had dark brown hair up, exposing his forehead. It was literally impossible for Sunggyu to discern the man’s feelings or emotions. Judging from his stance beside Sungjong, his legs slightly apart, his hands behind his back, Sunggyu could guess that the man was a bodyguard. However, what was unusual to Sunggyu was that this particular guard was close to Sungjong. He was the only one standing next to Sungjong. The others were standing in close proximity, but were a couple feet away, as if to give Sungjong his personal space. But this guard was only a few centimeters away, so if Sunggyu had to give his best guess, this guard was more than a guard to Sungjong.

 

“I asked you Sunggyu-shii, and you should know better than to keep silent when I am asking you directly” Sungjong’s soft voice pulled Sunggyu out of his musings.

 

“Ah, ah. I’m sorry Sungjong-shii. I...I didn’t exactly come here out of my own free will”

 

Sungjong chuckled. “Ahh yes, I apologize on behalf of my guards. Apparently they didn’t understand what I was saying when I told them to make sure our guest was in good shape when he came to see me. I see that they have roughed you up a bit. Would you like anything? Water? A bandage?”

 

“No,no,no. It’s not necessary, Sungjong-shii” Sunggyu quickly spoke while shaking his head to politely Sungjong’s…hospitality.

 

“If you insist.” Sungjong sat back down and readjusted his position slightly, refolding his legs on top of one another. “Unfortunately, we still have much to discuss. I made my men...call you here so we could have a civil conversation regarding our business transaction.”

 

“I...I know that a payment is overdue.”

 

“OH! So you know that there was a payment due two weeks ago. Then tell me, Sunggyu-shii. If you knew about a payment. Why have I not received the money? And please, don’t lie to me about it being late because of the bank. I have waited very patiently for two weeks, and as incompetent as bankers are, I should have received my payment.”

 

“It...it’s...I don’t have the money.”

 

Sungjong cocked an eyebrow. “Excuse me? What was that? Say that again, I… I don’t think I heard it right. Did you say that you didn’t have the money?”

 

Sunggyu didn’t answer, his eyes averted to the ground and his hands clasped in front of him. Sungjong took his silence as a yes.

 

“Explain to me something then. You clearly own a business. You have two jobs. How...do you not have my measly payment of $650. When we first met, you told me you worked in a rather wealthy corporation. You make a rather hefty salary. Plus, you own a cafe. So...once again I ask, how do you not have my money?” Sungjong asked in a clearly forced calm voice.

 

“Sungjong-shii, I...the hospital expenses. The doctors keep ordering more tests and trying new drugs to try and cure him. Staying in the ICU is incredibly expensive. And I do get paid money, but recently, my pay got docked off because the company is making cuttbacks. And the cafe, business is slow. It has been for a while. So the money I do make, I reinvest it back into the cafe in order to revamp it and make it appeal to the public! I swear, I’m trying everything I can to get you your money. I… I just need more time.”

 

“More time? So...you’re asking...for an extension. You do realize that I run a successful business right? I expect complete accountability from all my customers. I should be able to trust everyone I serve, and vice versa. I make sure that I keep my end of the bargain, my end of the transaction. I take responsibility should I fail to keep my word. Let me ask you, have I failed to deliver on our agreement?”

Sunggyu violently shook his head. “No! Of course not! You gave me the $25,000!”

 

“Ah, so if I was able to deliver, that means that you were able to trust me. Therefore, all I ask in return is that I should be able to place my trust in you as well.”

 

“You can!”

 

“Nice of you to say that, but in my world, actions speak louder than words. And you know the best way to show that my trust is in the right place? By paying. On time AND in full amount.”

 

“I swear Sungjong shii, I’m trying everything I can to get you your money. I...I just need more time.Just this one time.”

 

“Just this one time?! JUST THIS ONE TIME?!” Sungjong angrily asked, shooting up to his feet. He approached Sunggyu, who was still kneeling on his knees, shaking and refusing to make eye contact. He roughly grabbed Sunggyu’s chin, forcing him to look at his face.

 

“And say I do give you this one extension. You manage to pay it off. So I’m happy for another month. But then what? That means that you can ask for another extension. And another. And another. And don’t say that it won’t happen. Because it always does. People never ask for just one favor”

 

Sunggyu kept silent, unsure of how to respond and too scared to answer.

 

“However, I’m a reasonable business man. And it’s my job to accommodate myself to my client’s needs. And I truly believe that we can reach a compromise. So how about this. I’ll make you pay..say… $300 by the end of next week. This is the only deal I am willing to offer. If I were smart, I would take it. Otherwise I expect the $650 in full. Right now. So, I will ask you once and only once. Do we have a deal?” He coldly asked. “Look at me when you answer.”

 

Sunggyu looked up, warily relieved. “Yes! Yes we do. Thank you, Sungjong-shii. For your generosity.”

 

“Generosity?” He asked incredulously. “No, you misunderstand. This is not me being compassionate or understanding. This is me doing you a favor.” He looked at Sunggyu before getting up and brushing the dust of his pants. He walked back to his seat. “And now, to make sure that you know how serious I am when I say that I will not extend any more deadlines. The payment dates are set. There is no more room to compromise. And I’m going to make sure you understand that.” He snapped his fingers and motioned the guards in Sunggyu’s direction. All the guards immediately moved to surround him, cutting off his vision. But the last thing he saw before a man stepped in his line of sight was the brown haired guard, the one that was standing closest to Sungjong grimace.

 

And then, everything went black.



 

A loud click echoed through the quiet apartment, as a slumped silhouette dragged his feet past the doorway. His head looked up momentarily as the bright yellow light invaded his eyes that had been so used to the dark.

 

“Hyung! Where have you been? I’ve been calling you a million times. What was the all that commotion? Are you okay? What happened?” The man kept his head low, as though unaffected by his brother’s flooding concerns and questions.

 

“I’m just tired, Soo. I’ll explain tomorrow. Just let me get some rest.” He replied lowly.

 

Myungsoo stared at the other, noticing that something had just felt off. The man looked dejected. Bleak. Empty. His eyes widened as he noticed the dried blood that had dripped to the tips of his fingers. “B-Blood.” He whispered, making Sunggyu quickly tug onto his sleeves.

 

“Go to sleep Myungsoo. I don’t feel like talking.” He responded, eyes still fixated to the plain white tiles. He began to walk away, only to be stopped by a harsh grab on his shoulders. He yelped in pain, before instantly going quiet again.

 

“What happened to you face, Hyung? Did someone hurt you? Did you get into a fight? Who was it?” He asked, once again flooding his brother with questions.

 

“It’s nothing, Soo-ah.” He tried to reply as calmly as possible, “I just fell. Just… let me sleep please.” He begged.

 

Myungsoo hesitated, hearing the hurt in his tone, he let out a shaky breath, “Do you promise to tell me everything tomorrow then?” Sunggyu gave a short nod. He sighed, “Alright, goodnight Hyung.” He whispered, watching the older man limp slowly towards his room.

 

I’m sorry, Myungsoo, but let me lie to you one more time, for your own protection.

 

~

 

“One cappuccino with two sugars!” He yelled, smiling at the customer as she came to retrieve it. “Thank you, have a great day!” He said, before running to the back to make the other orders. A faint ring in the usually busy cafe was heard, making Myungsoo bow quickly, “Welco- Oh Sunggyu Hyung!” He shouted through the loud chatterings and machines.

 

“Are you here by yourself?”

 

He nodded, “I didn’t expect it to be this busy.” He laughed, “It’s been awhile since I’ve seen a line out the door.” Sunggyu smiled slightly in response, wincing almost immediately, as the wound on his lip stretched. “How was your sleep?” Myungsoo asked, pretending to not notice the pain his brother was in.

 

“It was good.” He chuckled, “Best sleep I’ve had in years.” The younger pursed his lips, before letting out a sigh.

 

“One iced mocha, and one iced americano!” He shouted, “Thank you!” He smiled.

 

“What are the other orders?”

 

“What?”

 

“The other orders.”

 

“I can do them myself, Hyung.”

 

“It’s my shop Myungsoo. I need to take initiative.” He laughed.

 

“Just go and rest.” Myungsoo frowned, turning back to the customer to take their order.

 

“I told you, I had the best sleep ever last night.” Sunggyu replied, tying his apron effortlessly, before reading each order.

 

As the number of customers simmered down, Myungsoo untied his apron, throwing it messily over the counter and let out a long sigh. “I’m so tired.” He complained as he stared at his brother, obviously trying to keep himself busy to avoid the inevitable confrontation he was about to receive. “I think it’s time to expla-”

 

“I’m going to go out to take the rubbish now!” Sunggyu shouted, running to the trash can, only to find out it was empty.

 

“I’ve already done it.” Myungsoo replied seriously, “Hyung, I-”

“Wow! There were so many customers today.” He laughed, “Imagine if it was like this everyday!”

 

“Hyung…”

 

“Imagine if Woohyun was here, he’d be so happy to see this.” Sunggyu forced laughed, his teary eyes fixated on the small speck of dust on the floor, “The floor needs cleaning.” He mumbled, walking over to the broom.

 

“Hyung!” Myungsoo yelled, making the other jump slightly, “You have to tell me.”

 

“I-I can’t. Maybe tomorrow.” He whispered.

 

“I can’t go on pretending like nothing happened with there’s a huge purple bruise on your eye.”

 

“It’s nothing, Myungsoo, I just fell.” He laughed, “I’ve been so clumsy,” he blabbered, maybe it’s because I haven’t had much sleep”

 

“Did your fall cause your lip to split too? And make you almost unable to use your right arm? Stop with the bull Sunggyu. Tell me what it is you’re so scared of telling me.”

 

“It’s nothing, Myungsoo. I actually did fall. The path was very rough and i fell from the top of the stairs.” He replied, “Trust me, I just-” Sunggyu was cut off by the vibration of his phone, “Just a minute.” He mumbled, before unlocking his phone, his fingers shaking slightly as he clicked on his messages.

 

Myungsoo stared at his brother, the broken smile and the fake laughs that he had just shown were replaced by fear and fright in the man’s eyes. He noticed the slight shaking of his hand, as he pulled out his phone. The paleness that he had become after reading the contents. The atmosphere became stale and tense, and the moment his brother had spoken, he knew that he had to find out what was happening behind his back.

 

“I-I have to go.” Sunggyu whispered, before letting out a very forced laugh, “My friend wants me to led him some money.” He smiled. “I’ll be back, alright, such look after the store for me.”

 

“Wait, Sungg-” Myungsoo started but the man had already left. He had two options- one, stay here and listen to his older brother, and pretend that nothing is wrong. Two, follow his brother and find out for sure what he had been doing behind his back. He grabbed his coat and ran towards the door his brother had left from, already with his decision made. Quickly scribbling down a ‘Back in 20 minutes’ sign, he left in a haste.

 

The man was confused to say the least. Watching his brother leave, he had assumed that his ‘friend’s’ house wouldn’t have been right behind the cafe. He watched Sunggyu anxiously up and down the alleyway, as though rehearsing something. Taking a step forward, he opened his mouth to call for his brother, before a foreign voice cut him off.

 

“Sunggyu.” The man called. Instantly, Myungsoo ran behind the bin, diving to stay hidden. The pungent smell of trash filled his nose but he was too focussed on his brother to care. From his hiding place, he could see a blonde young man dressed impeccably in a tailor-made suit, his right adorned with a dangling cross earring stroll up casually to Sunggyu.

 

“Sungjong-ssi.” He heard his brother mutter, “I’ve got the money.”

 

“All of it?”

 

Sunggyu nodded. He heard a faint click, before one of the mysterious man’s subordinate’s walked towards him to claim the said money. After a short silence, Myungsoo saw the man grin. “Seems like you’ve got the right amount. I knew I could trust you Sunggyu. How’s that face doing?” He asked, reaching out to grab his brother’s face with his filthy hands. Myungsoo clenched his fist, trying to stay quiet as he watched the scenes unfold. “Anyways, you know I don’t like delays. And you had given me the money one day after it was due.”

 

“It won’t happen again.” Sunggyu replied, staring at the ground.

 

“Oh, I know it won’t. Because if it does, you won’t be able to see another day. I expect the next amount in two weeks.”

 

“T-Two weeks? But sir, we promised on monthly pays.”

 

“Like, I said, I don’t like delays, and you have given me one. So...think of this...as a way to repay me for my favor.”

 

“B-But I won’t be able to get the money by then!” Sunggyu exclaimed.

 

“How dare you raise your voice at me.” The man shouted in anger, lifting his hand, causing Sunggyu to flinch and raise his hands to protect his face.

 

“W-Wait! Can’t we settle for three weeks?” Myungsoo felt his breath quicken as he watched his brother in the brink of danger.

 

“I don’t negotiate.” The man grinned, “Either you pay in two weeks, or you die.”

 

“B-But. P-Please, I still have hospital costs I have to pay.”

 

“I’m getting really tired of your unnecessary talk.” The man yawned, before giving a short nod to his underlings. Immediately, they walked up, and before Myungsoo could even blink, one of them had proceeded to punched Sunggyu in the face, causing him to lose his balance and collapse to the ground. Sunggyu didn’t even have time to defend himself before one of them kicked him in the stomach. Myungsoo watched in horror as his brother, the person who had protected him from bullies in elementary school, the person who had been so strong despite all the horrible things that had been happening to him, helpless, unable to try and fight back. Instead, he watched as Sunggyu curl up into a fetal position and wrap his arms around his neck and face while those….things continued to kick, step on, and pummel his brother.

 

Myungsoo had always been known for an impulsive person. Someone who got angry quickly and someone who did things without thinking twice. It wasn’t always a bad thing, but he knew that his impulsiveness would have led him really bad consequences. It was always something that Sunggyu was scolding him over. This was one of the times he knew that if he had stepped him, it may become worse for the both of them. But watching his beloved brother struggle to get back on his feet, as his arms and legs gave in, and continuously cough up blood, as those men continued to beat on him with no remorse, to see the...ringleader just stand back and watch as his goons attacked his brother without even blinking, as if he was a spectator who was enjoying such a horrible scene, he knew there had been no other way to save him.

 

Without a doubt in his mind, he sprinted out from behind the dumpster and charged at the two men who were beating up his brother. He knew he was nothing compared to the two muscular men, but he believed that his unpredictable distraction could let the both of them escape in the meantime. After grabbing an empty glass bottle from the ground, he jumped out of his hiding spot, making sure to knock over one of the trashcans. The noise startled everyone and that split second pause was enough for Myungsoo to run and land a flying kick on one of the man’s back, knocking onto the floor. Before anyone could even react, Myungsoo smashed the bottle on the man’s head, rendering him unconscious. From the corner of his eye, he could see the other man charging at him, his fists balled up. Using his knowledge from years of taekwondo, he knew that he had to use this man’s strength against him. He let the man come closer and closer. Just as he felt the man’s breath on the back of his neck, he sidestepped and twirled before punching the man squarely in the jaw, causing him to stagger back. The man wiped the corner of his mouth, feeling the warm blood that was coming from his cut lip. Myungsoo swore that he heard an animalistic snarl come from him as he once again charged at Myungsoo. He quickly looked around, trying to find another weapon that he could possibly use to defend himself. Spotting a small rusty metal pipe, he desperately lunged over to blindly grab it just in the nick of time, as right when he turned back, he saw that man literally 5 feet away from him and approaching, his mouth twisting up into a smirk as he thought that he won. However, he didn’t notice that Myungsoo was now armed. Myungsoo swung up and out, the pipe landing squarely the side of the man’s head, knocking him incapacitated and unconscious as his partner. Slightly readjusting the pipe in his head, he carefully walked over to the brute lying on the floor, gingerly toeing him to reassure that he was knocked out. Remembering that there was still the boss to take over, he looked up.

 

But no one was there. He wildly looked around to catch sight of that platinum hair. He was about to run out of the alley and search up and down the streets when he heard Sunggyu groan.

 

“Oh my god. Sunggyu-hyung. SUNGGYU!” He immediately dropped the pipe to the ground and ran over to his brother, kneeling at his brother’s side and gently yet quickly lifting his head up,taking care to make sure that he did not jostle the neck too much in the event of neck injuries. Using his free right hand, he checked for a pulse at Sunggyu’s neck. Finding a steady pulse and confirming that Sunggyu was breathing, he silently thanked the gods before taking in sight of Sunggyu’s injuries. Sunggyu’s face had bruises on them, his lip was cut and so was the corner of his right eye. Myungsoo reached down to grasp Sunggyu’s hand. To his horror, his knuckles were scraped and bleeding. His arms were covered in bruises and cuts from defending himself. Myungsoo was sure that there were more injuries that he couldn’t see because they were covered with clothes. He frantically reached into his pocket to look for his phone but was stopped by a wrist weakly grab at own.

 

“N...n...no….”

 

“Oh god, Sunggyu. Hyung. Hyung...you’re awake. We gotta get you to a hospital. You’re bleeding way too much, and who knows many bones you broke or if your organs are bruised. Oh my god, what if you have internal bleeding and if we don’t get you to the hospital, you bleed to death. We need to go, we need to go now!” Myungsoo hysterically exclaimed, wrenching his arm free from Sunggyu’s grasp to pull his phone out of his pocket and tried to unlock his phone, but Sunggyu grabbed at his hand once again.

 

“Please, Soo. I’m begging you. Don’t. There’s nothing serious. I promise.Don’t go the hospitals...too...too many questions.”

 

Myungsoo stayed silent, clearly conflicted about what to do next. Sighing heavily, he put his phone back into his pocket before looking back at his brother.

 

“Can you get up? We’re gonna need to disinfect your injuries and get you changed.” He asked.

 

~

 

“What the were you thinking, Myungsoo?” He whispered in pain, as he stared at his brother tending his wounds.

 

“That’s the question I was planning on asking you. Why...in your right mind… would you ever go to a ing loan shark? You KNOW those guys just care about money! And they will do anything and i mean ANYTHING to get their money! Why would you get yourself into that business? We had enough money. I have more than enough money. I have a stable job with generous pay.”

 

“I couldn’t go around asking you. You already help out enough at the cafe. I can’t just keep relying on you. It wasn’t supposed to be like that.”

 

“Why? What wasn’t supposed to be like that?”

 

“This. I was supposed to be that heroic older brother who protected you from all evil. I was supposed to protect you from the bullies, and be the one you relied on. Not the other way around. I was supposed to be the role model that you wanted to be when you grew up.”

 

Myungsoo scoffed, “You’ve always been my role model.” He whispered, stopping momentarily as he saw his brother wince slightly in pain, “I learnt taekwondo because I wanted to kick like you.” He chuckled, “You’re literally everything I wanted to be.”

 

“Stop lying, just because I’m injured.” Sunggyu teased lightly, his eyes closing slightly in fatigue.

 

“I’m not, you don’t know how long I’ve dreamt to have a relationship like yours and Woohyun’s. To have a business together. To be happy.”

 

“All of that’s gone since he left.”

 

Myungsoo shook his head, “He hasn’t left yet, Hyung. You know that too. Besides, there’s more than that. Your determination. Your resilience. Everything. I’ve always wanted to be you.” He mumbled, “You probably thought it was a burden for me to work at your cafe. But I was ecstatic to. I felt like I was one step closer to becoming you.”

 

Sunggyu chuckled, “I wish you can never be like me. I’m a mess. I can’t do anything right.”

 

The younger sighed, “You don’t know that. Come on. You need some rest.”

 

“Are you going to leave?”

 

He smiled, shaking his head, “I won’t.” He lightly grabbed Sunggyu’s right hand, minding the injuries. “I will always be by your side. We’re family, and we always will be. So when things get crazy or too much, don’t...don’t push me away. Remember that I am always here for you.”

 

Sunggyu flashed a small smile. “I will.”

 

“No. promise me. Promise me that you won’t hide anything from me anymore. Please, we only have each other now. Promise me Sunggyu hyung.”

 

“I promise.” And with that, Sunggyu closed his eyes, getting the first restful sleep in a while.

 

Myungsoo stared at his brother’s face, seeing how peaceful Sunggyu looked, despite all the things that was happening to him. It was a sight that was so rare nowadays, but one that Myungsoo wanted to give to his brother.

 

“Hyung, for my entire life, you protected me. But now, it’s my turn.” He whispered. “So forgive me for what I’m about to do.” And with that, he got up and after finding Sunggyu’s phone in his pants pocket, he cautiously pulled it out, entering the password with ease, and when straight to his recent contacts. After seeing the same number repeatedly being called, Myungsoo took a deep breath and left the room, tightly holding the electronic device. With a shaky hand, he clicked on the number, slowly pulling the phone to his ear. The ringing seemed slower, as though time was taunting him with the suspense, however within two rings, someone had picked up.

 

“Sunggyu, my friend, didn’t expect you to call this quickly after what had happened.” The man said through his teeth. Myungsoo heard a quiet whimpering, which was ultimately silenced after a loud bang. “Tell me, how are you doing, after that saviour decided to rescue the damsel in distress?” Myungsoo clenched his fist, his teeth gritting together as anger rose quickly, “You’re awfully quiet today, Gyugyu.” the man mocked, “It’s as though someon-”

“Let’s meet.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yvonnenguyen2297: and CUT! lol finally we updated this story. I swear, we didn't forget about it, but it was like...school...work...life...no time...so we are deeply sorry for updating so freaking late but hopefully this chapter somehow made up for the wait. So finally, we meet Sungjong, who is...obviously, not a good person, but Sunggyu is so desperate that he is literally willing to do everything to save Woohyun's life, even if it costs him his own. And Myungsoo finds out and does something that....basically drives the plot of the story. What he offers will be revealed, but I promise you, it's not going to be pretty. And it that as one brother promises for no more secrecy, the other takes one of his own. And I don't know that if anyone noticed, but the guard that was standing really close to Sungjong, the one that grimaced right before Sunggyu got his kicked, well, that was Sungyeol. And his part in the story, his relationship with Myungsoo, is going to be revealed in the next chapters. But until then...

Thanks for reading! Comment, subscribe or just read. It's all good! And for everyone who still somewhat keeps up with the story, we thank you deeply!

fishyyy137: HI GUYS sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry a million times sorry for the late as update. You probably hate us even more at the very awkward finish but eheheheheheh what's going to happen? Is Myungsoo gonna be alright? Is Sungyeol evil? Is Sungjong gonna kill Myungsoo? Is Sunggyu going to be alright? Will Sunggyu find out? What will happen to all their relationships? What will happen to the shop? What will happen to Woohyun? Ahhhhhh so many questions. So many unanswered questions! It's a shame that this author over here is a tease >:) Hahahah but seriously, I hope we update quicker next time so all can be revealed. Please let us know what you thought of it!! Till next time!!!!!!!!! <3