Don't Wake Me Up

Behind Closed Doors

Sunggyu laid in bed, his eyes still shut in lethargy. From the melodious chirpings of the birds outside his window, he knew that it was morning, but what time, he couldn’t tell. He sprawled lazily on his back, the blanket covering his torso, his legs spread out and his feet peeking from under the covers. He was very tired, having gone to sleep at around 3 in the morning after closing and dealing with some financial issues with the cafe, he refused to get up. It had felt way too early to be up, and it took too much effort get up. His thoughts of staying in bed, however were immediately cut short when he felt a pair of arms wrap securely around his torso and a mouth, which whisper lovingly into his ear.

 

“Gyu-hyung...wake up...it’s time for grandpa gyu to get up now.” the voice sang teasingly.

 

Sunggyu groaned. He recognized that annoying voice. It belonged to a certain, cute, rather silly tree person. He mumbled something incoherent as his hands proceeded to blindly grab the pillow that was underneath him and burying his face into it, but to the other person, it sounded something like “nogetthehelloutandwhyareyoucallingmeup?” The other person frowned, eyebrows furrowing, his thin pink lips jutting out in a frown. And then, a mischievous idea sprang up in his head. He was done playing nice. He got up from the floor and went to his room, grabbing a bottle of mist from his makeup drawer and a loudspeaker from his closet. He trotted back, with a smile plastered on his face, into Sunggyu’s room, where, not surprisingly, he had not moved an inch, but he had taken that pillow off his face, probably assuming that he was safe. .

 

“Last chance Gyu. Get up before you regret it.” And nothing. That stupid hamster was still asleep.

 

“Ok..but don’t say i didn’t warn you” he teased in a sing-song voice. With that, he pressed play and out blared the Pororo theme song, children calling out for Pororo. He raised it up to maximum volume and put the speaker on the dresser right next to Sunggyu’s ear. He saw Sunggyu’s face scrunch up in annoyance and he turned away from the noise, the pillow covering his ears. But he was ready. He pulled out the mist bottle from his pocket and began spraying it on Sunggyu’s feet, arms and cheeks. Sunggyu opened his eyes, seeing an annoying, overly happy smile on the other’s face. He groaned and flung the pillow at him before propping himself up on his forearms. “Aish! You spoiled brat. I said to get out!” And with that, he flopped back down on the bed and pulled the covers up, curling back under with the intent on falling asleep once again.

 

The other person rolled his eyes. He wasn’t going to stop. Not when this was so much fun. And he still had one trick up his sleeve. With his grin growing larger, he got back onto the bed, pushing Sunggyu back onto his back. He got off the bed, and walked backwards to the wall, his eyes focussed only on the sleeping male, before breaking out into a full sprint, screaming “SUNGGYU HYUNG!” at the top of his lungs. He jumped, landing right on Sunggyu’s stomach, causing the older to let out a loud “oof!” but he didn’t stop there. He repositioned himself so that he was looking down on Sunggyu, his knees on either side of Sunggyu’s hips. and he began to tickle him. On the sides and back of his neck, on his pressure points. He even lifted up Sunggyu’s shirt and used both his fingers and mouth to tickle him. Sunggyu was wide awake now, dying in a fit of laughter, begging Woohyun to stop, that he was going to puke. But the other wasn’t paying attention. He was too engrossed and having way too much fun. He didn’t even notice how Sunggyu, despite giggling, managed to grab his arms and flip him over. It wasn’t until he felt the soft bouncy mattress under him, that he halted and looked up, his eyes fixated on Sunggyu who was now on top of him now, and gulped. Now that both of them had calmed down and stopped, they now only begun to realize just what kind of position they were in, Sunggyu flushed from all the laughter and breathing heavily to catch his breath. The other’s hands were still gently holding his hips, as though supporting him up, and he looked up to see Sunggyu’s eyes just staring down at him.

 

“Ummm. hyung….may...maybe we should get up.” He muttered, as he felt the warmth creep to his cheeks. His eyes involuntarily travelled to the other’s plump lips, as he saw the latter’s lips curve up slightly.

 

Sunggyu shook his head, a sly smirk on his face. “I am up. But now, i have to punish the person who dared to call me up from my beauty sleep.”

 

The other just nodded, swallowing with difficulty and his lips. “Just how are you going to do that?”

 

“Like this.” And the other felt Sunggyu’s lips crush his own, and his own lips moved instinctively to perfectly match to Sunggyu’s. On their own accord, his hands wrapped around the elder’s shoulder blades to pull him down. He felt something wet on his lips and despite his haze, he realized that it was Sunggyu’s tongue coming out to play. He happily complied, his mouth opening to allow his hyung’s tongue entrance and their tongues fought for a battle of dominance, the younger losing after a hard fight. Sunggyu’s tongue tasted won the right to explore his mouth and Sunggyu did. They kissed like there was no tomorrow, that this would be the last time they would ever have the chance to kiss like this. They only stopped when the need for air became too much, both of them reluctantly moving away to gulp down the precious oxygen. Their cheeks were red, their chests heaving up and down in an effort to restore balance to the body. But their eyes were still fixated on each other, and the love they had clearly shined through as they gazed each other lovingly. Sunggyu the younger’s cheek, the other leaning into the warm touch and lightly put his hand on the elder’s looking up at the other in concern.

 

“Hey, are you okay?”



 

Sunggyu laughed and nodded. He closed his eyes in bliss, as he laid beside the other, feeling secure as his head scooted closer to the other’s chest. He felt the the man playing slowly with his hair, twirling the strand around his fingers rhythmically, before his ears became blessed with the latter’s quiet humming of his favourite song. He smiled. He was happy. He was finally at rest.

 

He opened his eyes again, expecting to see the other’s chest in front of him, but it wasn’t. His head was resting on what had felt like a different mattress, it was not as comfortable as the one before. He sat up, and looked around, noticing that the bright, pink-painted walls were now replaced with a dim-lit room with cold grey walls that suffocated him, all sunlight blocked by the ragged blinds that covered in dust. Instead of the chirpings of birds, all he heard were the wheels of machines rolling down the corridor, the loudspeaker of a nurse calling for a doctor and anesthesiologist reporting to the ICU. Amongst this, however, were the loud beeping of the ECG, which deafened him, yet oddly calmed him in the midst the chaos. Its electrode taped on some person on the bed in front of him. His breathing became shallower as his head rapidly turned around, absorbing the setting that surrounded him, before he felt cold fingers gently caressing his hand.

 

He jumped slightly, before averting his gaze towards the pale, frail man who stared at him in concern. He was nothing like the man he dreamt of in his sleep. Contrast to the man who was lively, his body pulsing with energy, his eyes lighting up in joy just to see Sunggyu’s face, and his lips always curved up in a beautiful smile, the person that laid in front of him was pale, his skin contouring the details of his bones. His arms were stuck with different IVs feeding him blood and various colored solutions to keep his body working; his chest taped with different monitor and electrodes to tell everyone that he was still alive. His hair was thin, nearly to the point of falling out. He was stuck in the hospital bed but not by choice. His body had given up on him a long time ago. Sunggyu wanted to believe that this had just a bad dream, that the person that was in front of him was just a sick impersonation of the one he loved. But he knew that it was a nightmare he could never wake up from. Despite how badly he wanted to deny it, he couldn’t. He wouldn’t do that to him. He knew that the person laying in front of him, at the brink of death, was the man he loved, no matter how different he was from his dreams. Sunggyu knew that.

 

He wasn’t at home.

 

No one had been humming those stupid love songs to him.

 

No one was jumping around, shooting finger hearts, acting annoyingly but endearingly cute.

 

No one was hugging him.

 

No one was kissing him, taking his breath away.

 

Actually, the last part was true, but instead of stealing his breath away with love and happiness, he couldn’t breathe because of shock and sorrow.

 

He felt cold and vulnerable as he stared into the other’s brown orbs, feeling the man’s pain and anguish.

 

“Hey, are you okay?” The man croaked out, reminding him of his dream. It had been the same person, yet the voice that escaped this person’s lips sounded much more foreign to his ears.

 

He let out a forced, dry chuckle, harshly wiping away a lone tear that fell from his brown eyes, as he nodded. He stared at the man who returned the gaze with longing and regret, grimly smiling at the pain he had caused. The man knew that he was lying.

 

He knew that Sunggyu was suffering.

 

He was trapped within a body that didn’t listen to him.  And he couldn’t do a damn thing about it. And just like him, Sunggyu was trapped in a dark, hostile room where he was alone and vulnerable. He couldn’t leave, not that he wanted to, but it hurt. It killed Sunggyu to see his love lay in front of him and in so much pain. Nothing that Sunggyu said, the sweet words of encouragement and denial were absolutely useless; they didn’t help. They didn’t make anything better. They were just...said to be said.

 

Sunggyu was alone. Alone, despite the fact that his lover was laying right beside him. Alone, because after all, the useless man beside Sunggyu had caused so much hardship and pain, he might as well had been dead because all he was doing now was causing anguish to the person who he swore to make happy when they took their vows years ago.  He wanted to die, rather than feel guilty with what he was causing to his hyung, his best friend, his lover. He didn’t want to live anymore, not if living made him a burden. Not if he was going to spend the last days watching his lover’s soul die with him.

 

 


 

A/N:

Hihi!so this is our first chapter for this story! and i must say, it was quite fun...ok not that fun to write b/c it was sad to write and reread, but i mean....i love writing with her, and honestly, despite what she says, her photoshop skills are freaking amazing and she's the arts of this duo! so thanks Cynthia! And please, wish her luck on her finals! So until next time, bye! I gotta go write the next chapters for my fics and then study...my priorities are probably messed up, but who cares! ~Yvonneeee

 

Well I thought it was pretty fun writing (It's Cynthia here now btw xD) I mean, come one, how sad was that realisation that htere were no more happy times? Hahah okay I probably sound super angsty now. Anyways, please do let us know how you thought of it c: Yvonne literally stayed up till like what? 2AM writing this! This dedication, amiright? Till next time, stay safe and well ~~~