Eighteen

What If

 

 

 

"Chanyeol..."

 

 

Kyungsoo's voice was slightly trembling. His heart began to race while his head creates whatever possible situation happened to Chanyeol. Without a doubt, Baekhyun changed direction to their house as quickly as he could. 

 

By the time he arrived, he met a doctor leaving the house. His mind was so blurry that he couldn't even ask the doctor what happened inside, he just knew he needed to see Chanyeol. 

 

Baekhyun found Kyungsoo at the kitchen, drinking. 

 

"What did the doctor say?"

Kyungsoo looked at him with tired lonely eyes, as if at any moment he would break down in tears. 

 

"He said I should take him to the hospital as soon as possible before seizures like that worsen."

 

Baekhyun was silent for a while, he can't find the right words to say to Kyungsoo. He knows the guy doesn't want him to show any sign of sympathy. So he kept silent and secretly looking at Kyungsoo. 

 

"You can go inside you know, see him for a while and leave whenever you want to. I'm going to rest." 

 

Kyungsoo stood up and cleaned the sink. Baekhyun was hesitant to ask him about himself, if he's okay but he knows Kyungsoo is not fine. Asking him that would be like sprinkling salt to his wounds. Baekhyun just gave him a thank you before heading towards Chanyeol's room. 

 

Chanyeol was sleeping and sweating. Baekhyun was feeling everything right at the moment but he knows for sure all he wants now was Chanyeol to be better and Kyungsoo to smile again. 

After a couple of minutes, he left their house and went home. He will just have to wait until Kyungsoo calls him for help again. 

 

 

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

 

 

More than a week passed and Baekhyun was anxious. Kyungsoo hadn't called him yet. Several times he will have the urge to go to their house but he's scared if Chanyeol sees him in his normal state and create more complicated scenarios. With that in mind, Baekhyun just patiently waited. While working, he kept his phone close to him just to make sure he could answer Kyungsoo's call as quickly as he could. Other times he would attempt to call Kyungsoo for news about Chanyeol but he couldn't really bring himself asking that. He realized he doesn't have a right, more like he lost his right for even asking. He's just around to help them at their convenience, but it should never be the other way round to Baekhyun. For years, he slowly tried to move on with life without Chanyeol but with what's happening right now, Baekhyun's getting more hooked to this. And it's not a situation where he can just get away with, his morals intermingled with everything so he has to see the end of this. He's been avoiding negative endpoints for it but he's also preparing himself for that. Baekhyun hopes Kyungsoo is prepared too. 

 

On the second week of no calls, Baekhyun got up on a weekend with full courage to call Kyungsoo himself. The phone rang multiple times and he's biting his nails, praying someone would pick up his calls. After the sixth time, Kyungsoo answered. 

 

"Hey Kyungsoo, I just want to ask how's everything going." 

 

"No attacks of memory loss so far so I haven't called you. Just seizures, lots of them." 

 

"How are you?" 

 

"I'm fine. I need to be." 

 

"Everything will be fine Kyungsoo. Are you in a hospital right now?"

 

"Yes, we've been here since last week. You can come visit him if you want to." 

 

Baekhyun felt slightly relieved after getting news from them but Chanyeol being admitted to a hospital is a bad news. As well as Kyungsoo's tired voice. If only there's some other way to help the both of them, Baekhyun would gladly help. 

 

The next day, Baekhyun decided to visit Chanyeol. Kyungsoo told him that Chanyeol already knew what's been going on in the past weeks and his involvement in it. Baekhyun was ready to face Chanyeol after what happened to them years back. 

 

"Kyungsoo." 

 

"Hey, he's inside resting. You can go in. Call me if anything happens." 

 

Baekhyun can't thank Kyungsoo and his kindness enough. Sometimes he would ask where Kyungsoo got all that and how could he be so kind like this to his husband's ex-husband. 

 

 

 

Baekhyun opened the door and saw Chanyeol staring at the window. He made a noise as he approached Chanyeol. Chanyeol's eyes met him and Baekhyun felt a painful warm feeling inside of him. He wanted to throw himself at Chanyeol and cry for worrying him and Kyungsoo so much but he decided to stood before his line. He smiled at Chanyeol while trying to form a sentence to say. 

 

 

"It's been a while, Chanyeol." 

Chanyeol smiled weakly at him. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I've been seeing you a lot though. In my dreams."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

---- 

 

 

(Hi hello again. Yes, I'm a clown. I thought I could finish this like last year. Then I realized I published this way back 2016 and it's 2021 now and I'm----- 

Schools been ty and so is this pandemic and everything so far but this story is somehow nearing it's end so I should finish this up after years.

I'm not sure if anyone's still reading this but I just kind of sad with the news today about Chanyeol's enlistment next month. Just days ago, he just posted a long message for us and made us think he'll be back again like before and then now, the enlistment. It's all just so sudden 😭

So I wanted to read chanbaek stuffs then I remembered and recovered my account here that's why I'm here. 

Let's all be strong and wait for EXO to come back to us again someday. I'll hope for their safety always and yours too ☺️

Always keep safe! ❤️)