Twelve

What If

 

 


Chanyeol keeps wondering until when does he have to listen to his mind. Then he just realized its all too late. The wedding is in a week and Kyungsoo was all giddy these days. Sticking to Chanyeol every hour of everyday, not letting Chanyeol have some time to even call Baekhyun and ask how's he doing right now. He don't know how long it has been, two? Three weeks? He can't catch up with time but he knows he miss Baekhyun so much. Though the worl was so against that. 

 

"I met Baekhyun." 
Sehun told him one day, sipping his coffee. Chanyeol put his coffee down.

"How was it?" 
He wanted to ask if how was Baekhyun but he can't.

"It went well. We discussed what's happening and he just signed it after. That easy." 

 

It felt like Baekhyun just sold him that easy. Chanyeol was hurt.

"That's great then." 
He grabbed his coffee and nervously sipped. Eyes anywhere but Sehun. 

"Do you have something to tell me hyung?" 

Chanyeol gulped and is sweating already. 

"What kind of something?" 

"I don't know. Tell me about Baekhyun? Didn't you met him before?"

"Yes. He's kind. And somewhat very understanding."

"I think so too but hyung I want you to be honest now."

 

Sehun placed his cup of coffee down and search for Chanyeol's eyes. He was searching for an answer Chanyeol don't want to tell.

 

"What do you mean?" 
He's trying to act like he didn't know but he knows Sehun, he won't stop. He just won't stop.

"You know too well what I mean hyung. Baekhyun told me." 

 

Chanyeol was left without a choice but to tell. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


That day was incredibly bright that Chanyeol was blinded by his own white suit while looking at his reflection. The birds were chirping as if cheering on him that he made the right choice. But that wasn't what he feels even until now. He fixes his tie again and again. Loosened and tightened it countless time that morning. He had as if a lot of time to fix it but ran out of it if he's going to run away. He can't do that, especially to Kyungsoo. Who only wants him and only him for his entire life. He used to feel the same for Kyungsoo but ever since he met someone that might be part of his past life even before his life with Kyungsoo changed it all. He craved for something unknown, for something impossible to do because he's already tied. As if he hand cuffed himself and locked himself up but still want to be free. 

 

The door opened and Sehun appeared, looking worried than he usually does. He's worried that Chanyeol might run away after knowing all so he's checking the groom for every ten minutes. 

 

"Glad you're still here."

"I'm not gonna run okay. Kyungsoo and I planned this from the start and I had to stick to it until the end because.. that's the right thing to do." 

 

They sat opposite to each other and Sehun just stared outside the window. 


"I just hoped you won't ever regret this. Kyungsoo deserves you and you deserve him. I want the best for the both of you." 

"I know."


I know.. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The chapel was a bit crowded and Chanyeol feels uneasy while standing at the front, waiting for Kyungsoo to walk towards him. He's marrying the fluffiest man yet he don't know what's stopping him to be happy right now. Was it because he's nervous? Or because of a certain someone who's standing at the back, watching him waiting for the man he's going to be with for the rest of his life. 

 

 


Baekhyun..

 


His breaths became fast as if he's suffocating slowly and surely. Chanyeol wants to run to him and take him away because he know this is too painful for him to watch and he knows Baekhyun would cry himself out tonight. And Chanyeol still wants to be the one who wipes his tear away and tell him it's going to be alright. But he can't. He just can't now, it's too late. 


"He asked when's the day so I invited him." 
Sehun whispered from behind, he's his best man. 

 

 


Their eyes locked for a mere second and Baekhyun weakly smiled at him as if he's sending Chanyeol his congratulations. The smile made Chanyeol look away while calming his fist down. And a minute later, the door opened and the music started and Baekhyun was no where to be found. 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo was walking towards him and his tears flows down. He wasn't sure of the reason but his mind was a blur and he just realized it's all over when he said 'I do' and the crowd cheered for them.

 

 

 

 


He cried when Kyungsoo's lips touched his. Chanyeol cried more when he saw Baekhyun at the back of his lids, wishing it was him kissing him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I love you..