Turn Back The Clock

Wanna Love You Again

How is this even possible?  Hanbin thought to himself.  This can't be real.  But if it isn't real, how am I back in college?  He checked the date on his phone.   It read "September 12th 2015."  This must be fake.  I have to be dreaming.  

"Dude I can hear you thinking."  June commented, smoothing out the fold lines in his shirt.  "I'm connected to you.  So don't try anything stupid, like telling anyone you're from the future or that you see and hear me."

"If this is real, what am I supposed to do?  I didn't want to come all the way back to college!"

"Figure it out."  June said with a smirk.  "But you have a roommate downstairs that thinks you're still high on something so you should come up with an excuse soon.  And an explanation for your new pet."

Hanbin walked back into his tiny dorm, still a little dumbfounded.  Bobby had basketball shorts on, no shirt, and was tearing through their room looking for something.  

"What are you looking for?"  Hanbin asked.

"Huh? Oh, I'm looking for my phone.  I can hear it buzzing but I can't find it.  Man, we should probably clean."  Bobby said, scratching the back of his head.  Hanbin walked over to Bobby's bed and pulled his phone out from under a couple pillows.  

"Thanks man."  Bobby took his phone and flopped back onto his bed, scrolling through his facebook feed.  Hanbin was trying to remember what happened the night before, checking his snapchat story and his friends' stories.  They were at a club drinking and probably on something else.  Last night was the night Bobby really talked to Jinhwan.  At least, it was supposed to be.

"Hey, Bobby."  Hanbin started.  "Did you meet a guy last night?"  

"Uh, I saw a dude I thought was cute but he was too far away.  I think I've seen him on campus before but he's always with this one guy and I can't tell if they're together."  

"Oh, okay."  Hanbin nodded slightly, understanding how things changed.  

The two roommates spent the rest of the day playing video games and procrastinating.  They ordered takeout for dinner, for the fourth night in a row.  Hanbin got a text from a number he didn't recognize.  After they finished eating Hanbin checked his phone.

Last night was really fun ... up for a round 2? ;)

Hanbin racked his brain trying to remember who this person was, but he has a history of one night stands and nameless booty calls.  After a brief period of consideraiton, Hanbin texted back.

Sure.  My place tonight? 

The mystery hookup said they'd come by Hanbin's dorm around midnight.  It was only 8pm now.  Bobby was on his way back from grabbing snacks and a couple beers.  Hanbin would have to tell him to kick it somewhere else for the night.

"You're a really confusing person, Kim Hanbin."  June's voice rang in Hanbin's head, not coming from anywhere and everywhere at the same time.  Hanbin jumped, looking around for his "fairy godmother."  June was lounging on the window sill.  "You already know Bobby won't ask Jinhwan out.  You're clearly very into him.  Yet, you're taking booty calls from random numbers from people you don't even know the names or faces of."  June shook his head in confusion.

"You're one to judge.  This is college man.  Run wild and free.  But you're a fairy or whatever, so what would you know about real life."  Hanbin replied coldly.

"I went to college."  June's voice was solemn.  "That's where I died."  Hanbin looked up at the boy, confused and a little apologetic.

"I - I'm sorry.  I, uh, I didn't know."  Hanbin stammered.  

"It was a hit and run.  I was running late for a tutoring session.  I was helping my friend study for a history test."  Before June could go on, Bobby burst through the door with grocery bags in hand.

"Wow was the line long.  It's like everyone on campus just decided to go to the store here."  Bobby set the bags down on the floor and jumped onto his bed. "So, what's the dog's name?"

"Oh, uh..."  Hanbin looked between June and Bobby.  "His name is June."  

"So creative."  June said, rolling his eyes.  But to Bobby, June just barked a couple times.

"Oh, right, I have a girl coming over soon." Hanbin remembered this mystery girl.

"Ughhh.  Fine, I'll go over to Donghyuk and Chanwoo's dorm."  Bobby sighed heavily and bounced out of bed, grabbing his snacks on his way out of the room.

"I think I'll be going too.  Scream if you need me."  June said, getting up from his spot on the floor.  "Don't actually scream.  I'll know if you really need me, so just be normal... or something."  And in a blink, June was gone.