We were awkward

I Got Him

Year 2012

This prompted Jin Young’s mother to secretly spy in on the conversation. Both Jina and Jin Young were blushing at this time. “I…” however before Jin Young could say anything, Jaebum came back out of the room and dragged Jin Young out the door. “We’re going to be late!” Jaebum had argued. Meanwhile, as the two boy’s backs were facing Jina, Jaebum was forcing Jin Young to take a box. “You bought this for her didn’t you? Give it to her now!” Jaebum sneered through his teeth. Jin Young fumbled with the box as he took it from Jaebum. Jin Young’s mother quickly rushed to the door. “Yah!” Jin Young’s mum scolded, causing the two boys to look back. “Walk Jina home before you go anywhere.” She ordered as she smiled at Jina, causing Jina to blush even more. “I’m cheering for you.” Jin Young’s mum giggled to herself as she watched them walk out the door. Unlike any other day, it was a long and awkward silenced walk between the three. When they were about half way there, Jaebum couldn’t take it anymore. “I forgot something at yours.” Jaebum had simply spoke out as he ran off. “You’re so awkward!” Jin Young gritted. “…oppa?” Jina had questioned as she depressingly looked at the ground. “H-Hey, why are you so sad?” Jin Young tried to play it off, awkwardly laughing. Jina furrowed her eyebrows and glared and Jin Young. “Oppa you’re so mean!” she had screamed at him as she began bawling her eyes out, right there in the middle of the road. She was so loud, Jaebum was sure he could’ve heard her.

“J-Jina! Please, please stop crying.” Jin Young begged her. He began fumbling through his pockets for tissues and mistakenly dropped the box Jaebum had given him in the process. Jina noticed and picked it up. “What’s this?” Jina questioned before handing it back to Jin Young. “Ah…no that’s yours.” Jin Young put his hands up and pushed it back to her, making her open it. As she did, she noticed it was a thin white gold ring, with a solitude diamond in the middle of the band. Jina began crying again, making Jin Young once again even more awkward. “Why are you crying? I like you too.” Jin Young whispered as he tried to comfort her. “You’re so stupid.” Jina cried as Jin Young just laughed and hugged her.

“You two were so awkward then.” Jaebum laughed loudly. Jina sat there spinning that exact ring on her finger. Jaebum sat back up. “It wouldn’t be a bonfire without…” Jaebum smirked as he looked at the two of them. “No way,” Jin Young commented, “Marshmallows?” Jina squealed in excitement. Jaebum nodded and lifted up from behind his chair and handed her a metal skewer as well. Once the boys had their skewer and marshmallow they began roasting it, while Jina first shoved a few pieces in before roasting hers. “It was always so hard to do a bonfire at home.” Jina mumbled with full of marshmallows. “To be fair, our houses were small and we’d probably burn down the place.” Jin Young laughed. “The marshmallows taste so much better over a wood burned fire than a stove.” Jaebum struggled to speak as his mouth was burning from his marshmallow. The three of them continued to laugh and eat over the scorching bonfire, before heading back to their room.

“Honestly I’m still hungry.” Jina mentioned as she laid spread out on the couch. “You need to start watching your figure now.” Jaebum pointed out as he poked her stomach. She pouted and pushed his hand away. “It’s too late to go out to eat now.” Jin Young spoke out as he was a little hungry himself. Jaebum suddenly had an idea and grinned cheekily. Jin Young eyed him. “What are you thinking?” he suspiciously asked. “Want to go on an adventure?” Jaebum asked Jina as he leaned over the couch, knowing all too well that she would say yes. Jin Young was still suspicious of Jaebum’s plans.

“Why are we creeping?” Jina whispered as she followed behind Jaebum, with Jin Young behind her. “Because we’ll get caught,” Jaebum whispered harshly as he suddenly stopped to look over a corner. Jina promptly bumped into him but Jaebum had withstood it. “Yah…isn’t this way to…” Jin Young gulped.