Be mine

I Got Him

Year 2012

That following night, Jin Young and Jaebum led Jina up to the building’s roof top. “Yah, I thought you said we were going to have a bonfire.” Jina pouted as she had been nagging them all day about it. The two boys ignored her so she decided to walk around the roof top, looking at the surrounding lights. Jina smiled and enjoyed the scenery as she secured her scarf and began blowing into her hands to try warm it up. “Let me help you.” Jin Young suddenly whispered in her ear. He wrapped his arms around her and held her hands. “It’s pretty in the dark isn’t it?” he breathed out as he rested his chin on top of Jina’s head. “Does that mean you’re not afraid of the dark anymore?” Jina giggled. Jaebum also snickered, which prompted Jin Young to act angry, letting go of Jina and walking away. “No oppa!” Jina cried, running after Jin Young and scolding Jaebum at the same time. The three of them laughed and Jin Young turned around to hold Jina’s hand again and led her over to the bonfire Jaebum was setting up.

“Did you two prepare all this?” Jina questioned as she sat down on the lawn chair opposite of Jaebum. “Aniyo, it’s always up here. I think someone packs up the chairs before it rains though.” Jaebum replied as he was poking firewood inside the metal tin. Jin Young sat down beside Jina, letting her lie her head on his shoulder. Everyone was silent and the sounds of city traffic and crackling of fire was all they heard. “It’s so awkward being a third wheel.” Jaebum suddenly spoke out and joked as the three of them laughed together. “Who would’ve thought.” Jin Young replied as he leaned back on the chair. Jaebum nodded in agreement. “That this quiet guy would one day have a loud girlfriend.” Jaebum laughed as he protected his head from Jina’s slap attacks. She went back to sit next to Jin Young and thought about something to talk about. “I can’t believe how far we’ve come.” She softly spoke.

Jin Young noticed Jina spacing out and decided to talk about memories. “I remember very clearly, this little girl grabbing her mum’s pants saying ‘I want meat’,” he chuckled, “and then she pouted when her mum yelled at her.” Jaebum laughed with him. “That’s right! Her first impression and all she could think about was meat!” the boys laughed. Jina pouted, “we we’re four. First impressions didn’t count.” Jina replied promptly. “I remember Jin Young was really shy, and he would never stand up for himself.” Jaebum laid spread out on the chair. “But one day on the way home, you fell Jina, do you remember? You scraped your knee pretty bad.” Jaebum looked at the two of them. Jina tried hard to remember. “Jin Young quickly rushed back to you, but then this older kid pushed him over.” Jin Young’s expression started changing. He was no longer smiling. “He bullied me because he knew I never talked in class. I was just ‘that’ kid.” Jin Young spoke out seriously. “You spoke to me anyways.” Jaebum smiled and continued with the story. “But then Jin Young quickly stood up and protected you. Like a knight!” Jaebum grinned. Jin Young laughed. “What kind of knight spreads their arms and legs apart while protecting someone? I was clearly trembling too.” Jin Young retorted. “What happened next?” Jina asked curiously. “Oh then a lady just hosed the bully with water and he ran away.” Jaebum replied simply. There was a long pause between the three. “That’s such a weird ending!” Jina smiled with a confused look.

“I also remembered something.” Jina replied with a smile on her face, holding Jin Young’s hand tightly. “When I confessed to oppa.” She continued. “Y-yah, let’s not talk about that one.” Jin Young stuttered. “Oh? What are you hiding? I want to hear this!” Jaebum cheered. It was only a year ago, when Jina decided to ask Jin Young out. Not on a date but really just ‘be my boyfriend’. Jina was running home from school, as she had extra study classes to attend. Before actually stopping by her home, she ran to Jin Young’s house first. “I’ll definitely be doing it today!” Jina cheered herself on and motivated herself. Once at Jin Young’s house, she let herself in and greeted his mother. Just as she was about to walk upstairs to Jin Young’s room, he came out with Jaebum. “O-oppa! I-I really n-need to t-talk…” Jina was so nervous and kept stumbling over her words. “What?” was all that Jin Young could ask. Jaebum at this time went back into Jin Young’s room to get something. “J-Jin Young…I like you!” she accidently screamed.