Jina's letter

I Got Him

Year 2012

Jina heard the front door slam close and raced down. “Umma!” she shouted repeatedly. “What do you want?” her mother replied in a cynical tone. Why else would her daughter call for her? “Here,” Jina replied quickly and handed her an envelope. Her mother’s eyes widened slightly as she saw the JYP entertainment symbol on the front of the envelope. “Are you just playing tricks with me and your babo uncle just sent us advertisement again?” she was sceptical. Jina just kept urging her to open the envelope. After a few minutes of silence, tears rolled down Jina’s mothers cheek. “That’s wonderful sweet heart!” she cried as she held you and the letter tightly. Jina couldn’t help but squeal and squeeze her mother as well. “Appa!” Jina screamed as she ran to the living room where her father was relaxing after work as well. “Look, look.” Jina spoke softly as she shook the letter in front of his face. “Oh you are accepted? Don’t work too hard.” Jina’s father replied. Although sounding rather unastonished, he really cared deep down and rarely showed it, but Jina could tell. “Yes appa.” Jina kissed his cheek and rushed to her room. “What are you going to do now?” her mother hollered from the kitchen. “I need to tell the two of them of course!”

The next day in the early hours of the morning, Jina raced down from her room. “Are you leaving now? How are you getting there? Do you have everything? Do you need money?” Jina’s mother continued asking questions. “Umma! I know it’s early but I couldn’t sleep either. Uncle sent me a train ticket as well and I’m sure I have everything. If I need money you can send it to me.” Jina replied. Before leaving the house, she ran to the kitchen, kissed her mother on the cheek and out the door she went. On the other hand, Jina’s mother had been awake all night as well. Concerned for her daughters wellbeing and the fact it will be a very long time before they could meet each other again. “I should really yell at him. How dare he take my daughter and not let me see her?” she cursed under her breath as she held the kitchen knife up, acting as if she’d threaten Jin Young Park himself.

After about two and a half hours, Jina arrived in Seoul. Her heart was pumping and racing with adrenaline. “It’s been a while since I’ve seen uncle as well.” She smiled to herself as she made her way to the JYP entertainment building. “I…I go through this door right?” Jina quietly questioned herself. Just as she was reaching for the handle, the door swung open and Jina quickly jumped back and bowed politely. A group of taller boys walked out. As they passed by, Jina managed to run in before the door closed. “What’s wrong Taecyeon hyung?” the younger boy questioned. Taecyeon shook his head. “Nothing,” he replied with a smile as he grabbed the boy by the shoulders and continued with the group.

Jina slowly walked and looked around the small space. “Is the reception upstairs?” Jina spoke a little louder in the hopes someone would reply to her. Unfortunately, there was no sound reply. Jina continued to look around and noticed an elevator. “Oh! I bet if I go straight to the top, uncle should be there right? If not, I could always adventure around.” Jina had a mischievous look as, once again, she double checked her surrounding and quickly went into the elevator. “He better be excited to see me.” She grinned rascally. Everything was going as she planned until just before reaching the top, the elevator stopped. “Oh no, someone must be getting on. What do I do?” she began to panic as she tried to quickly think up of an excuse. As the doors were about to open, Jina contained herself and tried to look as calm as possible. The sliding elevator doors opened and there stood a man. “Ah…maybe I’ll take the stairs. Sorry.” He quickly bowed and suspiciously hid his face.