Koreyums

I'm So Sorry But I Love You...

Author's Note: Yay ^.^ ty to all the commenters and subscribers <3 it's very encouraging. Heh, sorry this took awhile... and for the lame restaurant name. It's not real and I just googled it.

*Koreyums = A play on the word "Koreans", made to sound restaurant-y

*Eomeoni = mother

*Abeoji = father


Well, that was stupid, Heechul thought as the moment he had taken off his sunglasses, a swarm of fangirls came flying to him like bees to a beautiful flower. He winced internally when they all started to comment on his normally flawless face.

"Oh oppa! What kind of fan would dare throw something at you? Send me their address! I'll teach them a lesson! Ah, that looks painful! Does it hurt, Heenim?"

He sighed. The story was already out – while he was performing, a "fan" had thrown an LED sign at the stage and it struck him just below his eye. He had to walk off the stage to get treatment for it. Luckily, the injury hadn't been serious and he was just released. The fan had already apologized about the incident. But he and the rest of Super Junior knew better. It had not been a fan that had thrown something at him, not even an anti.

Nope. It had been someone much more.

 

~ ~ ~

 

"Ah, Ji Eun! What do you have in these bags that make them so heavy? Bricks?" said Suzy, plopping her unni's luggage heavily down onto her bed. They would share her room for the time being while Ji Eun searched for an apartment to live in.

"… Not quite," she replied as she opened it up and peered inside.

"Trophies. How win," Suzy said as she peered over her shoulder to take a look in the bag. She smiled mischievously, "Are you planning to move in with us?"

"Heh…" It was true, Ji Eun had a lot more bags with her than one would normally have if they were planning to stay for a week or two.

"I'll stay as long as it takes to get your restaurant back into the game. Or until you get tired of me," she answered cheekily and started to head out the door.

"Where're you going, Ji Eun-ah? Suzy called to her.

"To the restaurant, silly," Ji Eun's voice carried over from the hallway to her room. "If we're gonna make the business a success, we've got to start A.S.A.P."

Suzy muttered something about all work and no play, but followed her childhood friend out the door.

 

* * * * *

 

Ji Eun paused to admire the front of the restaurant before she walked in. The double doors were transparent with a black metallic frame. The name of the restaurant was written above and across the doors in beautiful silver calligraphy: 

 

She had to admire the play on words – it was a good marketing strategy. The restaurant had done well when it first opened. Business was booming until more and more restaurants opened up nearby them. The competition in Seoul for customers was simply too fierce.

The instant she walked into the restaurant, the mood shifted. The lighting was subdued to give off a sort of romantic, elegant feel at night. She assumed that it was brighter during the day. There was a podium to the right with a curved bar behind it, ready to welcome guests. The floors were polished and laid with dark mahogany wood. It complimented the dark cherry chairs and tables by providing just enough contrast so that the room did not seem monotonous. The tables themselves were covered with silky white table linens and matching plates. Folded red napkins that held the silverware sat to the right of each plate and a wineglass stood in front. The tables seated two, four or eight people, and each had a beautiful white orchid centerpiece. As for the walls of the restaurant, a little over a third of the way up was paneled with dark cherry wood – like the chairs and tables – to tie the restaurant together. The rest was painted white with a simple floral mural. Ji Eun looked skyward. She was quite impressed to see a second level to the restaurant, like an indoor balcony. From what she could see, the decor was generally the same, but the second floor only comprised of tables for two.

Ji Eun could find no fault in the appearance of the restaurant. It was stunningly gorgeous and suited all occasions – family, friends, dates… She wondered why their customers had left their restaurant so easily. Ji Eun made a mental note to investigate later.

Just then, a wonderfully paternal voice snapped Ji Eun out of her train of thought. "Good to see you again, Ji Eun!" Suzy's father said affectionately and gave her one of his welcoming, very familiar bear hugs.

"It's so nice to have you back with us," Suzy's mother added warmly, giving Ji Eun a hug as well.

"Eomeoni! Abeoji!" Ji Eun exclaimed and gave them hugs bursting with love and nostalgia. While they were not her birth parents, they had treated her like she was their daughter before she became a star. They were so close that Ji Eun considered them family and vice versa. "I'm ready to start work," she said, rubbing her hands together, refraining from breaking out into "Sorry Sorry".

Their father chuckled and handed her a uniform with a blank notepad and pen. She felt honored when she saw the nametag on top that read, "Lee Ji Eun". She would do her best to make them proud.

"Dinner service starts at 6," Eomenoi informed them as Suzy ushered Ji Eun into one of the back rooms.

"So... to be honest, you won't be very busy when you're here, Ji Eun-ie," Suzy informed her. She shrugged. "But I'll show you around." Suzy then proceeded to show her the behind-the-scenes of the restaurant.

"This is where you'll place the orders," Suzy pointed to a revolving thing behind a service window where Ji Eun would stick the papers to for the chef to pull down, read, and work his or her magic. "Since the chef doesn't always show up, mom and dad might have us cook and do other odd jobs."

Ji Eun nodded. She believed that she had everything down. She would put on her cute waitress uniform, politely greet the guests, take their order and serve them delicious Korean cuisine. If business was as slow as they had described, then Ji Eun was mostly there for support and to find out why it was failing.

"Enough of this boringness," Suzy said, putting her elbows down on the table they were sitting at. "About that Hee—"

"Suzy-ah," called her mother. Suzy looked up and sighed. Ji Eun looked at her watch and saw that it was just over 6:00pm. They stood up, ready to greet and serve the patrons.

"Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Ji Eun and I will be your server tonight. What can I get for you?" This was Ji Eun's most common line, however she did not say it very often. In total, from 6:00 to 12:00, there were about forty customers that came in. Half of the parties went to Suzy and the other half to Ji Eun. None of the guests came alone and few came in pairs. They were all actually very sweet; Ji Eun had more fun serving them than she thought she would. It was very easy to make light-hearted conversation and to bring laughs to the table. (Luckily, none of the laughs were directed at her. She was glad that she never spilled the food or tripped over her own feet.) Judging by the looks on the customer's faces and their compliments to the chef, the food was delicious and they enjoyed being at the restaurant. It was only after the meal was finished did Ji Eun notice something off about their demeanors. They would exchange uneasy glances, and once they paid for the bill, they left without another word.

"Ah, closing time. My favorite hour of the day." Suzy sank back down into a chair as if she just had the longest day of her life. "I'm beat." 

Ji Eun looked at her friend with amusement. They hadn't done much, but apparently forty customers in one night was more customers than they usually got in a day.

She turned her head when she heard the little bell above the restaurant door ring, which meant that someone had walked in. Ji Eun looked at the clock. It was 12:01am.

"It's past midnight, why would anyone want to eat dinner this late?" Suzy pondered out loud. Ji Eun shrugged and walked toward the front of the house. She stopped in her tracks when she saw who it was.

Kim Heechul.


A/N: This story is completely fictional. I don't hate the fan who accidently threw a sign at Heechul, this is just another version of what happened. Well a sneak-peek of it. I could have continued writing what happened when Heechul walked in but... I'll save that for the next chapter ^^.