The Beginning

I'm So Sorry But I Love You...

"Are you sure you want to do this?" IU's manager looked skeptical as he handed her some of her personal belongings and suitcases.

"I'm sure, my squirrel manager," she . He scowled at the nickname. He knew that he was on the hit list of many of her uncle fans. One would think that having so many old men chasing after her would be creepy, almost pedo-ish, but she had gotten used to it over the years. IU loved all her fans, young or old. Plus, she could not control the ajusshi's dying hormones.

"You must really love your friend," her handsome manager commented with an admiring look. IU nodded. She loved Suzy, and she would do anything for her. Suzy had told her only yesterday about how her family's restaurant was likely to close. They were not generating enough revenue to support the place because of such high competition within the area. IU had tried to offer them enough money to at least give the business a kick-start, however they had refused faster than anti-fans could click "dislike" on her videos. She figured that the least she could do was help out and perhaps draw more people in to the restaurant.

IU lifted up her belongings with some difficulty. The boxes that were stacked on top of one another towered over her by at least several feet. She peered around their edges and called back to her manager. "I'll be back soon, oppa." She somehow managed to catch the keys to her car that he tossed at her and headed out the open door.

As she stepped out of the building, she knew that she was no longer IU, Korea's little sister. She would now be known as Lee Ji Eun… female. She was glad that her multitude of boxes provided her shade from the glaring sun. It was a beautiful day in Seoul, without a cloud to mar the sky or a wind to break the still afternoon.

She shuffled towards her car that was waiting out front. She felt the top box slide forward, causing the rest to slide forward with it. Ji Eun cringed and closed her eyes, waiting for the crash to come. But just as she thought she had lost control over the boxes, the load became much lighter and her vision behind her eyes became red with the brilliance of the sun. She opened her eyes to see her best friend in the whole world, Suzy, grinning at her with half of the boxes in her arms.

"Suzy!" Ji Eun exclaimed excitedly, practically tossing her belongings aside. Well, into the trunk at least, as the journey from the front desk in the building to her car would have been completely wasted. Suzy laughed and put aside her belongings with a bit more grace and hugged her.

"Unni, I missed you," Suzy said fondly. She pulled away and took her hands, giving Ji Eun the 'up-down' look. "Sooo," she started dramatically. "How's…" she looked around them to make sure no one was within earshot. Nonetheless, she leaned forward ever so slightly. "… Korea's little sister doing?" she finished with a whisper.

Ji Eun smiled. "Ah, Suzy-ssi, I'm not famous 'IU' anymore. At least for the time being. I'm just Ji Eun, the girl you met five years ago."

"Whatever you say, unni," she said playfully, nudging her over to the passenger seat of her own car.

"What're you doing, Suzy-ssi?" Ji Eun raised an eyebrow.

"I'm gonna drive you over to my place," she smirked. "You did promise me that I would be able to drive your fabulous 2012 Hyundai Azera, no?"

"So I did…" she agreed with amusement as Suzy eagerly hopped into the driver's seat. Ji Eun was about to step into the car when a commotion somewhere behind her caught her attention.

"Heechul! Heechul! Heechul oppa! Ah, I love you Heenim! What happened to your beautiful face?? Are you okay oppa? Saranghae!"

Ji Eun turned to see milky white skin Kim Heechul stepping out of a hospital. A crowd of fangirls gathered around the Super Junior member, all voicing their concerns for the singer in various ways.

"Yah, earth to Ji Eun-unni!" Suzy's voice brought her back to reality. She peered over the steering wheel and attempted to see what had caught her unni's attention. "Ohh, I see. Still crushing on the guy, even after five years?"

"Psh, no," Ji Eun denied her accusation, but she couldn't help but wonder what had happened to the guy. She shrugged it off and sat down in the passenger seat. She shut the car door and they drove back home.