Lee Sungmin

I'm So Sorry But I Love You...

 

OMG. -DIES-. LEE SUNGMIN? How could I not recognize him? Maybe I hit my arm a little too hard... but it wasn't even my head... Aish I'm a retard.

Thoughts flowed into her head one after another when Sungmin introduced himself. He offered his hand for a handshake and she stared at it blankly until she remembered what to do. She took his hand and smiled graciously despite her embarrassment.

"Nice to meet you, Sungmin oppa," Ji Eun said after releasing his hand. She awkwardly nodded her head in a partial bow, hesitant to stand up to bow properly only to sit back down a second later.

Noticing her nervousness, he bit his lip and said, "There's no need to be intimidated. Really," he looked at her with the sweetest of eyes. There was something else, though, that lay hidden beneath his coffee-colored irises. It was an emotion that she couldn't quite place a word to. Although his gaze was directed at her, the darks of his eyes were shifting constantly, as if something was on his mind.

Ji Eun looked deeply into his eyes and tried to read them, but it was like trying to read Shakespeare. His eyes were a whole 'nother world, a foreign language that was elegant yet complicated and difficult to decipher. Maybe she was just trying to make something out of nothing. She gave up but vowed to come back to it later as she brushed her concerns to an unused corner of her mind.

Ji Eun nodded. "Of course," she agreed wholeheartedly. After a moment's pause, she remembered that she had never introduced herself. "I'm Lee Ji Eun."

He inclined his head and smiled. "Pleased to meet you."

"Oh no, it's a pleasure to meet you," she mumbled out loud without realizing it.

Sungmin grinned, "So you're a fan?"

Ji Eun blinked in surprise but nodded, turning a little pink. "I'm a fan of Super Junior, but I don't know all their names," she admitted. Ji Eun only knew of one member… Well two now. There were just so many of them. 13? 15?

"Ah," he said like he understood, leaning back in his chair. "I see. Well, maybe I'll introduce them - us - one day -"

NO WAY!!!!!!!!! Ji Eun kinda tuned him out, fangirling like crazy on the inside. She felt hyper, like she had just eaten five bowls of sugary cereal with extra sugar. (She had a big appetite for such a small body.)

"- That's why so many people are here." He peered at her. "Are you listening?"

Ji Eun jumped and immediately felt guilty for not giving him her full attention. "I'm sorry, oppa," she felt horrible and bowed 90 degrees in her seat, hitting her forehead on the wooden table. It made a loud thunk sound, drawing other people's attention.

He chuckled as she raised her head sheepishly. She deserved the embarrassment, so she didn't mind looking like a total klutz. She just hoped that she was forgiven. Her forehead throbbed in sync with her arm. "Can you repeat what you said, please?"

"'Tis all good," he replied, waving his hand in an unconcerned fashioned. Ji Eun relaxed a bit, admiring his easygoing personality. "I said - not to sound arrogant - that we have many fans, especially around this area. So, Yesung's parents opened up this place," he gestured around the café, "Handel and Gretel."

"Oh, so Yesung's parents own this place…" she mused. She felt bad for criticizing the café earlier, but she was still loyal to Koreyums."Business must be doing well, then."

Sungmin nodded. "I and the rest of Super Junior come down here sometimes. We endorse the café, so that helps." He pursed his lips. "I told Yesung that if they opened up any sort of business, it would drive the competition bankrupt."

Ji Eun cast her eyes down and to the right. She hoped that it wouldn't be the case for theirs. Pft, why can't we have a celebrity come into our restaurant and dine? Oh wait... She would have to ask abeoji if he knew about Handel and Gretel.

"You okay?" He glanced at her with concerned eyes. "Did I say something wrong?"

Ji Eun shook her head excessively. "No, no," she said hastily, reassuring him. "But... My friend's father owns a restaurant nearby."

"Oh," he looked at his watch. "Why don't I stop by for dinner there? Well, in a few hours."

"Really?" She gave him a funny look. "But we're competition."

"............."

Ji Eun interpreted his long pause to mean he was trying to be nice. He didn't want to offend her. Okay, so we're not really competition... she thought.

"Is that a no?" he asked instead, raising his eyebrows.

She sighed and reached into her pocket for a pen. She looked for something to write with and saw a napkin dispenser, but it was empty. Ji Eun caught his eye and looked at his wrist pointedly. She glanced back up at him and smiled mischievously.

 

******

 

Suzy's mouth was wide open when Ji Eun retold what happened earlier that day.

"Close your mouth, Suzy-ssi; you'll attract flies, not guys."

Suzy shut and "pft"ed. "I can't believe the Lee Sungmin is coming here." A dreamy look settled over her pretty face.

"Mm... Don't get your hopes up," she told her wisely. "He might not come."

"He will," she answered confidently.