Money Does Not Buy Love

I'm So Sorry But I Love You...

Kim. Heechul.

No way. Ji Eun blinked – she was surely seeing things. But there he was, murmuring something to abeoji and probably swooning the heck out of him.

"Of course we're open!" he said brightly, breaking the silence and startling everyone. Abeoji led Heechul over to a table.

Ji Eun looked back to where Suzy was and they exchanged a raised eyebrow look. Suzy mouthed, "Dad has a crush on him."

"…" Alright. Well, who doesn't? Heechul had a strange, unexplainable charm to him that made women (and some men) everywhere fall in love with him. No matter how strange he may appear in the beginning, somehow his eccentric personality and good looks won many over. People often say that he looks like a girl because of his elegant, very un-masculine facial features. His eyes resembled a pair of obsidian jewels – black with a curious twinkle to them. They stood in stark contrast to his plush, rosy lips that not even lipstick could imitate. His nose balanced his face out well, although her mother accused him of getting plastic surgery because it was so "pointy", meaning perfectly straight like a Caucasian's rather than flat. His hair grew faster than her own and was often permed or dyed. She had to keep her Kim Heechul searches limited for fear of others accusing her of being a lez… again. His skin was a beautiful milky white shade, earning him the famous nickname "milky white skin Kim Heechul". He had no facial hair whatsoever, not even the slightest stubble. Her best friend from America had amused her once by saying that he had no body hair because it all went to his head... literally. Speaking of his body, it was quite under-developed for a guy. His ribs were his "abs". Ji Eun could go on and on with criticizing him, but that's just how he was. As all of this ran through her head, she felt unsettled and creepy for being so observant.

"He probably thinks that Heenim is a girl," Ji Eun replied with amusement, saying the words just loud enough for Suzy to hear.

She blinked and suddenly felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand with uneasiness. Ji Eun had a strange feeling that she was being watched. Sure enough, she turned around to find Heechul staring at her. His starless eyes bore into hers and she felt herself growing dizzy despite the large distance between them. Even when she caught him looking, he did not turn away until he was… satisfied, she supposed.

"I think he heard you," Suzy said the exact words that were on her mind just as her father called her over to him.

Figures. Ji Eun tried to walk over to him, but her feet felt like they were walking through quicksand. Soon her legs felt the same way.

"Aish, my spellbound unni…" Ji Eun stuck her tongue out at Suzy and started to walk a bit more normally. As she approached the Princess, she took note of the imperfections in his seemingly flawless face. Without all that makeup that idols had to wear, his skin was not as smooth or clear as a baby's as she thought. He had subtle bags under his eyes and looked a little tired – not nearly as energetic as he appeared on television, especially variety shows. She finally arrived at his table and saw that his lips were a little dry, most likely parched from dehydration.

She bowed out of respect. "Annyeonghaseyo, Ji Eun imnida. What can I get for you this… morning?"

Ji Eun had been so focused on his face that she failed to notice that he had been quietly reading a magazine. She felt slightly embarrassed when he didn't look up right away.

"I'll have a SuJu," he finally decided, his eyes not leaving the pages of the 'zine.

Ji Eun blinked. "Pardon? I'm sorry, we don't sell Super Junior here…"

At this ridiculous statement, Heechul finally glanced up and raised a perfectly arched eyebrow.

"I said I'd like a soju, not SuJu, dear."

Ji Eun flushed. "Oh…"

"Right away, sir," abeoji said perkily and whisked away the menu that lay almost forgotten in front of Heechul. Ji Eun stood there awkwardly as her job had been taken out of her hands. She rocked slightly on her heels and decided to try and make conversation like she had with the other guests.

"… Nice weather," she said, looking up at the ceiling.

Heechul looked at her like she was crazy – crazy for him, that is. "We're inside… and it's raining."

Ji Eun's remaining gusto was ripped right out from under her. Did he not recognize her at all? Her, Lee Ji Eun, IU – Korea's little sister? She had been on his radio show several times before, for goodness' sake. Did she really look that different without makeup? Was he still mad at her for leaving his program to guest at a rival station's? Perhaps she was unworthy of being in the presence of a Super Junior member. Or maybe he was interested in someone else…

Sh*t.

While her thoughts chased after one another endlessly and without direction, abeoji brought the drink and Heechul finished it with just a few good sips. Those wine glasses did not hold much. He bowed his head slightly to the two of them and put on his sunglasses coolly. Ji Eun was tempted to ask him why he was wearing sunglasses when it was past midnight and raining, however she held her tongue. She really did not want to start up a conversation again. He left his tip on the desk and left the restaurant without another word.

"… Wow. 50,000 won," Ji Eun said, picking it up and handing it to abeoji.

"That's probably more than we earn in a week," he joked. "Already, you're helping us a lot," he said warmly, his eyes misting over just a touch. His eyes, although they were aged around the corners, were a bright, youthful almond color. Ji Eun was slightly jealous that her eyes were not nearly as cool. He surprised her by handing back the 50,000 won note.

"Keep it," he smiled. "As a way of saying, 'thank you'. It was meant for you anyway…" He looked at her sheepishly. "Mianhae, I kind of stole your job there…"

Ji Eun chuckled and was about to tell him not to worry when Suzy tapped her on the shoulder. "Heechul said to give this to you… lucky girl," she said slyly and handed her something. Ji Eun saw that it was more money.

"Wow, he must be rich…" she mused and saw that it was 19,000 more won.

Suzy raised an eyebrow. "Is that… 50,000 won?"

Ji Eun looked down at her other hand and nodded, offering it to her but Suzy shook her head, putting a hand out and waving it away.

"He gave you that too?" Suzy's questioning look was turning more and more mischievous the longer Ji Eun took to respond.

"… Yup. Why?" She queried, seeing no significance as Suzy started to giggle like crazy.

"Hehehehehe. He gave you 69,000 won," she snickered.

Ji Eun and abeoji looked at her like she really was crazy and she sighed. "You guys are too innocent… or old."

"What does it mean?" Ji Eun asked but Suzy continued to snicker and she walked away, saying, "I'll tell ya later!"