Plus a New Neighbor, Minus My Hopes

I'm So Sorry But I Love You...

A/N: Omg~~ almost done with school :D. T_T I try to keep my chapters at about 1000 words and end up writing too much in the beginning to where it distracts from my original point in the chapter... Heh. So forgive me if the story's pretty slow. My plans keep getting shifted back a chapter. Guess I have too much to ramble on about ... like now.

*EHB - A hilarious show that Super Junior starred in a few years ago. MUST WATCH IT :DD!! Otherwise you haven't lived your life xPP. Well, if you're an SJ fan.


Ji Eun accepted her paycheck for the week and mentally calculated her new savings total. She did a little victory dance while no one was watching. She finally had enough money to live on her own in an apartment. She had enough before, but now her funds were sufficient enough so that she would not have to live paycheck-to-paycheck. Ji Eun loved living with Suzy, but the longer she stayed, the more she felt like she should give her friend some privacy. It wasn't fair for her dongsaeng to have to provide her shelter.

She snuck on the restaurant's computer and researched some apartments. Ji Eun had expected to find a decent one rather quickly, but instead found herself clicking through pages and pages of results. She frowned after seeing no related links on page twenty. Her results were starting to get quite far off from her original search. Ji Eun heaved a sigh and turned off power button, being too lazy to go through the steps to shut down the computer. She would have to find an apartment a little further from town than she would have liked.

"Suzy, Ajusshi, I'm going out," she called to them while she put on her coat and grabbed the keys to her car. She waited a moment, but after hearing no response, shrugged and headed out. The air was oddly still and there were few if any people milling around the streets. Feeling the odd need to keep the ambiance peaceful, she closed the door behind her quietly and stepped into her car without fuss. Ji Eun noticed a rolled up newspaper in the passenger seat and realized that she forgot to throw it out after picking it up from their driveway. She was about to do so when an ad with a picture of a home caught her eye. She pulled the rubber band off gingerly, feeling oddly germy when it came to this stuff and unraveled the tightly wound papers. Her eyes bugged out when she saw how inexpensive the house was. Not only that, but the house was new and apparently came fully furnished. She quickly memorized the address and planned what route she should take. Twenty minutes passed uneventfully except for perhaps a yawn or two when she got stuck in traffic for an atrocious amount of time – two minutes.

She parked her car into one of the designated areas and walked up to the row of homes. A quaint white house stood out from the rest with its little sign that said "For Sale" and seemed cleaner than the rest. Interestingly, the home was far from what she thought was her ideal house was. Rather than dwellings tightly packed together to squeeze in as much living space as possible in the hot bustling city of Seoul, the mood was considerably more tranquil. It was suburban and the houses were spaced far enough so that another home could be placed in between each residence.

A spot of bleach blonde caught her eye and Ji Eun's attention was directed toward a neighboring house. She was twirling her car keys with a finger and strolling down the driveway to her car. Ji Eun's eyes widened but she recovered quickly and waved her hand to the girl, calling her name, "Amber!"

Amber's head shot up and she grinned and waved back. "Hey, Ji Eun! What brings you out here?"

"Looking for a new house," she said, gesturing toward the home that she had yet to enter. "What about you?"

"I live here," Amber replied, sounding faintly amused. She spread out her arms slightly and looked down at herself, as if saying, This is the real me. "You kind of caught me at a bad time. I'm about to go out with some friends to lunch. Why don't I catch up to you later… new neighbor?" she finished slyly.

Ji Eun chuckled but replied, "Sure. I'll see you afterwards, then."

 

******

 

"So tell me… why is this house so cheap?" Ji Eun asked Amber, who had made it in time to influence her decision on whether to buy the place or not. The realtors were out of earshot to give her some privacy.

"Well," Amber started, sounding a little hesitant. "This community isn't gated like the others, so it's prone to intruders and whatnot."

"………. Intruders?" Ji Eun repeated somewhat nervously.

"Oh yeah. But we haven't had one in a long time, so there's nothing to worry about," she said breezily, brushing off her concern.

"Well, alright then." Ji Eun was still a little apprehensive, but she was probably being paranoid. She called the realtors in and announced that she would buy the home. After shaking their hands, one excused himself to get the papers while the other situated herself at the kitchen where they would sign the forms. While they were busy getting everything ready, Ji Eun rocked a bit back and forth on her heels. She glanced at Amber, who was nice enough to see her through this process. "So… Sulli and Heechul…" she began not-so-subtly.

"Mhm. What about them?" she questioned, sparing her an eyebrow raise at the random question.

"They seem pretty close..." Ji Eun trailed off yet again, hoping that Amber would give her some details. Unfortunately, she was a little more like a guy than she thought because she was totally oblivious to her hints. "Yup," Amber had assented with the simplest of answers.

"Are they... y'know... dating?" Ji Eun was a little afraid to hear the answer, but something told her that she couldn't be upset for too long if the answer was yes. Sulli was too cute and pretty to be jealous of, and was well-deserving of a guy like Heechul. Er, in the nicest way possible, as she knew that Heechul had his... quirks.

To her surprise, Amber scoffed and started laughing. "Sulli and Heechul? Oh hell no. Don't you think he's too old for her?"

"...... Er... Is he?" She had never really thought about it. Heechul acted far younger than his actual age. Sometimes he still reminded her of a ten year old. Or well, based off of EHB.

"They're at least ten years apart," she said almost sardonically. "They have more of a brother-sister relationship."

"Oh, I see." Ji Eun did her best to act like she didn't care about this new piece of information, but in her head she was straining her head to remember their birthdays. Sulli was born in 1994, so she was only about a year older than her… And Heechul was about 9 years older than herself, according to Western ages. Korean age-wise… she was twenty and Heechul was thirty. Ji Eun swallowed loudly. She knew that he was old, but not that old.

Oh Shisus. She was in love with a thirty year old ajusshi