Chapter 2: And it all comes crashing down.

When two worlds collide

            A screen suddenly dropped down in front of Milimato's face, and to her dismay, she was now face to face with the figure she fears the most.

            "I did not know I sent a coward out on a mission? What have you managed to convince my warrior to do this time?" She could feel her whole body shaking. Her brain desperately trying to find a way out of this awful situation.

            "I asked you a question weakling." The voice was sounding more irritated by the second. She was frozen on the spot, no matter how hard she tried to say something not a single sound would leave her lips.

            "For crying out loud Milimato, where is my warrior? Did you steal the ship and leave her with Wakamato? I will crush your worthless skull if anything happens to.."

            "Your highness~! Look what I fou- Milimato what's wrong?" Lelomato rushes to her side in panic, failing to acknowledge the bunny on the screen. Milimato slowly pointed at the screen while the angry bunny slowly cleared his throat. Lelomato jerks her head in the direction of the screen and quickly straightens and salutes her superior.

            "About damn time warrior."

            "I'm sorry sir."

            "At ease warrior. How did the mission go? By the looks of it he didn’t give you a hard time." Lelomato slightly relaxes and starts gently running her fingers through Milimato's fur.

            "If I didn't know any better I would say you were worried about me.." A devilish grin appears on her lips. "Sir."

            "I can't check up on my best warrior without being accused of being worried? Isn't being the Lord a valid reason enough?"

            "Let me see.. The last time I ran into trouble I couldn't handle without backup was.." Lelomato stops mid-sentence to try and remember.

            "The battle at Toki mountain." Milimato quietly whispers for only Lelomato to hear. "Yeah, that's right. Toki mountain and that was over five years ago, sir. And I still don't see how that incident was my fault, the idiot was carrying a bomb with my name on it."

            "They had that bomb in case they needed a distraction to run away from you.." Milimato softly scolds.

            "And run they did! It wasn't my fault they decided to bring the full force putting me in a tight spot. I still wonder who thought it was a good idea to have the meeting in the goddamn mountains anyway? was bout to head south, I just speed things up a bit." Lelomato chuckles. "But to answer your question, this mission went fine sir, although we may have to go back to ensure the idiot did read the note before his house mysteriously tried to become a space ship.."

            "I do not remember saying that the mission included blowing up his house Lelomato.."

            "Technically no, sir.. BUT you did give me a veeeeery shiny present this morning that was screaming for me to try it out."

            "Wha...Wh.. Lelomato.. Please tell me you did NOT use the bazooka I specifically told you we needed to test tomorrow?"

            "Ok sir, I will not tell you I played around with the very shiny bazooka.." She said while failing to look innocent. She looked down at Milimato and discreetly winked.

            "I guess I only have myself to blame for giving you free reign." Lord Zatomato sighed while rubbing his temples.

            "Oopsie?" Lelomato tries to look apologetic. "On a positive note Sir, I can report that the bazooka works. Perfectly, in fact." She added with an excited smile.

            "It's fine warrior, return now. There are still a few things we need to go over for tomorrow's missions."

            "I have a mission on the side to finish before I get back. I'll make sure to report to you as soon as I land." She states while smiling down at Milimato who has been awfully quiet.

            "Let me guess.. She is forcing you to take her for a spin when we have more important matters at hands?"

            "With all due respect sir I need you to kindly apologize and while you are at it, how about you thank her? Wakamato would have more than just a blown up house and a bunny stuck to a tree if it wasn't for her. Now imagine THAT headache and long- report you would have to go through.."

            "Did you just say a bunny stuck to his.."

            "Uhmmmm.. I-I-I can't hear you! Krsch.. You are... Krsch.. Breaking up.. Krsch.. I will report when I get back, sir!" She rasps out and quickly ends the call before she has to explain herself. A sigh of relief suddenly leaves Milimato and Lelomato can visibly see her relaxing.

            "Won't you get in trouble for hanging up on him?" Milimato asks.

            "Did you not hear? The connection is bad, he was breaking up. Besides.. You heard him, I am his best warrior. Now what could he possibly do to me that would actually be a punishment without damaging his precious tool?" She said with a dramatic pout and puppy eyes.

            "But let's pretend I was a disposable warrior, and he needed to teach me a lesson.. He and what army is going to be able to kick the undefeated champion's ? Unless he has a gigantic venom spitting bunny hiding in the mountains, or somehow manages to get Bubbles to turn on me.." Her imagination started running wild.

            "Now THAT would be a real challenge!" The excitement coming from Lelomato could feed an entire army and she was hopping up and down on the spot. Milimato was not amused and frowned at her exuberant friend. "But we both know that's not happening so I will be just fine." Lelomato said quickly as she calmed down and tried to reassure Milimato.

            "Now.. are we done worrying about my pretty or do I need to go find the earplugs?" Lelomato chuckles while gladly taking a smack to the shoulder.

            "Are you going to be okay though?"

            "I will be.. I might not be able to shield you from all of it as he is my superior but I will never let anything bad happen to you, you know that right?"

            "I know, and I love you for that." Milimato softly grabs Lelomato's hand.

            "Now, how about we go inside and get you those pies huh?" Lelomato says while she starts swinging their intertwined hands.

            "Somedays it is hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that you are the most powerful, most feared and undefeated warrior the world has ever seen..." Lelomato slowly opens the door and both girls are hit with a magical smell of freshly baked pies. A silver grey bunny slowly turns around behind the counter as she starts to greet her new customers.

            "Welcome to The Pie Sh... Nyx! Hemera! Come in my children, come in." The silver furred bunny ushered them into the shop.

 

 


☆☆☆


 


            14 year old Milimato was silently gazing out at the stars as if her life depended on it, 'I wonder if she is okay' she thought to herself as a wave of worry came crashing upon her. She was so busy with her own thoughts she failed to notice the door slowly opening behind her.

            "What are you still doing up little one? I told you Milimato, she will be fine, she always will." Milimato could hear the warmth and the attempt at comfort coming from the silver grayed bunny but it still wasn't enough to calm her aching heart.

            "Last time she slept for almost an entire day Nanamato, how do you expect me not to worry when her injuries keep getting worse and worse." Silent tears started to fall from Milimato's eyes.

            "Does she not heal after having rested?"

            "Of course she does, but her body needing more and more time to regenerate can't be a good sign Nanamato."

            "She has been training like this since the day she was born, it is her destiny to follow in her father's footsteps. This you know. They need to push her limits to the fullest, until there are no more limits to push, or she will never be able to take her rightful place at the throne." Nanamato tries to explain while taking a seat next to Milimato.

            "She won't be able to take her 'rightful place at the throne' if they manage to drain her life energy before they have the opportunity to crown her." Milimato manages to squeeze out before she throws herself into Nanamato's arms in an attempt to hide away from the world.

            "You know.. She would never let them drain her and leave you here all by yourself. Do you know what keeps her focused and motivated? Do you know what makes her fight harder and harder each day?" Milimato shakes her head.

            "You do, my child. The only reason our Lelomato is out there 'training her off'.." Nanamato imitates Lelomato's voice and manages to get a chuckle out of Milimato. "is so she can turn this place into something better, for you."

            The both of them sit in silence while gazing at the stars, Nanamato isn't showing it, but she too is worried for the hard working bunny. That much pressure is taking it's toll on Lelomato, even if she doesn't want to admit it to herself, 'She is as stubborn as her father' Nanamato thinks. But the older bunny believes in her, she believes that she won't let herself die and leave Milimato to fend for herself. To Nanamato, it is obvious that the young ones share a bond that is stronger than the love between siblings, though they are not related by blood Lelomato has insisted on calling Milimato her sister since day one. Other bunnies had a hard time accepting this, but even though Lelomato and Milimato were only a few months apart, Lelomato acted as if Milimato was her kit. She was the overprotective mother that would stop at nothing when it came to protecting her little one so the other bunnies had no choice but to accept it or face her wrath.

            "What are we looking at?" A voice suddenly interrupts the silence. Milimato would recognize that voice anywhere and hastily jumps without warning into the arms of the intruder.

            "You're safe."

            "Oumpf." Is the noise leaving the intruders lips while trying to regain balance. "Not if you keep crashing into me like a cannonball, silly."

            "You're back early today Lelomato, did you finish of all the opponents already?" Nanamato asked suspiciously.

            "Yup, I was sent home because they were running out of ideas on how to keep me busy after knocking out the last warrior." That was a lie, but Lelomato couldn't bring herself to tell the truth, when she didn't quite understand it herself yet. She just had this nagging feeling that something was wrong with Milimato, like she was in pain and hurting. Lelomato had just up and ran out on her training, her superiors shouting at her disappearing back. She would gladly take the punishment tomorrow, as long as her sister was safe.

            "Well in that case.. How about I read you two a story before we all go to bed?" Nanamato asks while she was looking for a particular book on the top shelf.

            "It looks old." Milimato says gazing adoringly at the book.

            "It smells weird." Lelomato says while scrunching up her nose.

            "This is a book about two special bunnies called Nyx and Hemera. Nyx is the bunny of the night, a dark beautiful shadowlike bunny but with exceptional power that even the gods themselves fear. Sounds familiar?" Lelomato suddenly feels all eyes on her.

            "Hemera is the bunny of the light, a bright innocent little bunny with beauty that would capture anyone's little heart." Nanamato says warmly while poking Milimato's nose.

            "That doesn't sound like me..."

            "Then who does it sound like? Have you seen the rest of the bunnies out there? When the day comes and I find my mate, he better be from another planet cause the bunnies here are ugly lookingmotherf-OUCH.. What the hell Milimato?!"

            "Watch your language!"

 

 


☆☆☆


 


            "Please sit little ones, I will be right back with something yummy." Lelomato's eyes sparkled at the sound of the word yummy.

            "You're drooling." Milimato said while throwing a napkin in Lelomato's face.

            "I haven't eaten since before arriving at Wakamato's.. I am staaaaaarving."

            "That was like an hour ago Lelomato."

            "Yeah.. Well.. I am eating for six so excuse me for needing food."

            "Since when did you find your mate, and magically have five bunnies on the way?"

            "Who said anything about a mate? Look at me. I need to feed this." She points to her head.

            "This." She points to her arm.

            "And this." She flexes her muscles in her other arm.

            "And of course these." She points to both her legs.

            "And last but not least I need to feed this." She proudly pokes her belly with a grin.

            "Okay that's five, you still have one left."

            "Well duh, the last one is me."

            "But I thought you counted your stomach as yourself because that is why you needed to eat in the first place."

            "Then I guess the last one would be my bo.." Lelomato gets cut off by the sound of plates being set on the table, and before the sweet scent could reach the bunnies nostrils Lelomato had taken a big piece of pie and shoved it down .

            "I see your appetite hasn't died down yet, Nyx." Nanamato says while lovingly Lelomato's fur on her head.

            "Hmm.. The day I grow tired of eating is around the same time I find my mate, so probablyyyy... never." She answers back before taking another spoonful of pie.

            "Don't you believe in fate Lelomato?" Milimato asks while she takes a bite from the strawberry pie in front of her.

            "Unless you can eat fate, then that's a no. What would I do with a mate anyway? But if he is that gigantic venom spitting bunny we talked about earlier then he may be resourceful. Besides, I have youuuuu~!" Lelomato scoops a piece of pie and starts pretending her spoon is a ship flying towards Milimato’s mouth. But she suddenly stops right before the pie enters .

            "OMG! I think I found my mate..." She says while dreamily gazing out the window of the shop. Her companions swore they could see hearts coming out of Lelomato's eyes.

            "WHO? WHAT!?! WHERE?!" They both yelled simultaneously while quickly turning their heads in the direction of where Lelomato was currently looking.

            "Bubbles."

 

 


☆☆☆


 

 

            Meanwhile, a dusty old ship landed a short distance away from the shop in a large cloud of dirty smoke. The doors opened with a loud screech and a bunny all covered in black peeked out to make sure no one had noticed him.

            "The coast is clear, Hwamimato." Another bunny also wearing black skulked out of the ship with a bag in his hand.

            "Let's make this quick Hwakimato. We do not, I repeat, we do NOT want to get caught." He said while looking right and left to make sure they were alone.

            "She can't be that bad right? She is just a bunny." Hwakimato says.

            "Sure she is just a bunny, then how about you walk into that shop and distract her while I finish what I came here to do?"

            "No problem, I am not scared of a little tiny bunny. What's the worst that could happen? She bats her eyelashes at me?" Hwakimato scoffs.

            "Do you remember the war in Hakatamato?"

            "Yes.."

            "Do you remember the battle that took place while they were trying to decide on the new Lord after Lekimato's death?"

            "Wasn’t that when some bunny literally lost his mind and kept the castle hostage by himself until the elders would come to their sense?" Hwakimato says with a confused look on his face.

            "Yup... Now, do you remember Toki mountain?" Hwamimato finally asks.

            "I wasn't personally there but yes, I do remember what happened there. Funniest story ever! Same er is surrounded, and sets off a bomb near the ing mountains, without even thinking that the mountain itself might come crumbling down from the explosion." Hwakimato holds his hands over his stomach as he tries unsuccessfully to contain his laughter.

            "I heard that crazy started the war, won it, and is still ing alive!" Hwakimato slaps Hwamimato on the shoulders a few times while laughing even harder.

            "Are you done?" Hwamimato asks when the laughter slowly comes to a stop and Hwakimato nods.

            "The crazy bunny in every one of those stories is the same 'er' and for your information jackass.." Hwamimato punches Hwakimato on the shoulder.

            "That crazy bunny, is her." He said pointing a thumb in the direction of the shop. He had a hard time keeping a straight face as he watched the color drain from Hwamimato's face. "So.. About that distraction.."

            "Actually, I should just stay here.. I can't let you do all the hard work."
Hwamimato rolls his eyes while taking a weapon from the bag he was carrying.

            "Do you think it will work?" Hwakimato asks.

            "It better, or Wakamato will have our asses for dinner. Now get out of the way and be ready to hide."

 

 


☆☆☆


 


            "Nanamato, are you sure you’re not my mate? Because my stomach is begging to differ." Lelomato says while rubbing her swollen belly.

            "Technically, that would mean food was your mate and not Nanamato." Milimato quickly points out.

            "Fine by me, at least food is useful, and makes me feel reaaaaaaaally good."

            "How does it make you feel really good? Don't you mean it tastes really good?" Milimato asks confused.

            "It does indeed taste good, but blowing up Wakamato's house wasn't anywhere near as satisfying as getting to eat. If the Lord wasn't so demanding I would gladly make it my life's mission to eat all day long."

            "So quit and let him take care of his own dirty work." Milimato can not hide her personal feelings towards the subject.

            "Milimato... You know I can't do that. We have had this conversation a million times, and you are still getting the same answer as always. IT ... DOESN'T ... WORK ... LIKE ... THAT."

            "He is just taking advantage of you. Using your strength so that he keeps his spot as the Lord. Otherwise, why are you not crowned?"

            "Hemera, that is enough." Nanamato steps in attempting to calm down Milimato.

            "I thought they said you would be able to take over the day you turned 18, or by the time you were able to defeat the current undefeated champion to show off your strength. You are 22 now and that piece of trash champion?"

            "Hemera.." Nanamato tries again.

            "You defeated him 5 years ago, so what are they waiting for huh? Or are they expecting you to defeat yourself as well. I mean you ARE the current undefeated champion? They are going to get you kil.."

            "HEMERA! That is enough!" Nanamato could see the hurt flash in Lelomato's eyes. It was only visible for a second, but she knew she had to do something before this conversation went out of control.

            "Thank you so much for the pies Nanamato. I will be outside waiting with Bubbles. Sorry I have to cut this short, but duty calls." Lelomato says coldly before she gets up and walks away.

            "They will never understand." She mutters under her breath as she finally escapes outside.

 

 


☆☆☆


 


            "It is not working my Lord." The bunny with the checkered pattern said nervously.

            "What do you mean it's not working Kimomato?" Lord Lekimato sternly asks.

            "We can't break her, the emotions are still there."

            "Turn up the power! We are running out of time, break her... Now." Lord Lekimato orders.

            "B-B-But I don't know if her body can handle that much, what if it ends up killing her?"

            "It is a risk we are willing to take.Now do as I say." Lord Lekimato said with determination in his voice.

            "As you wish myLord." Kimomato responds before turning and heading for the other room. He wasn't sure what was pushing his superior to do this. His own daughter and especially at such a young age. But, who was he to question orders? Hesitantly he opened the door and his ears were met with screams that could make anyone's blood chill.

            "LET ME GOOO!" Lelomato's whole body is defying her, she can't stop it from shaking. No matter what she tries her muscles refuse to do what she tells them to do. She can feel tears staining her cheeks and the taste of blood filling from biting her tongue. Her jaws ached from being clenched too tight.

            "Why are you doing this? Just let me go..." She stuttered. Her sanity is slowly breaking, and it takes her every ounce of energy she has left to keep herself from passing out.

            "We have been over this before Lelomato," Kimomato says while turning on the electronic device next to him and soon the room is filled with louder screams than before.

            "No more begging." He says as he increases the power and Lelomato stops begging.

            "No more screaming." The power is increased again while he watches Lelomato struggle to swallow her screams.

            "No more disobedience." As soon as the screaming stops Kimomato turns the dial once more..

            "And no more feelings." He can see the little bunny struggling to understand what has driven the people she trusts the most to put her in this position. But she has been told before that this is all just a part of the bigger picture, this is just another part of the constant training she has endured since the day she was born. Kimomato increases the power yet again, but he is dreading the moment he needs to turn it up again.

            "It's better to let go little one, just let go. Everything will be fine." He tries to sound reassuring while reluctantly increasing the power once more.

            "I'm sorry little one.." He whispers, hoping his words would only reach the ears that needed to hear them as he finally hits the level needed. Lelomato's body suddenly tries to jerk to an upright position. The restraints holding her firm to the chair no matter how much her body bucks. Lelomato feels like she is boiling from the inside out and she can only manage to scream her lungs out. 'Make it stop, please make it stop'. The door suddenly bursts open and just for a second she thinks that someone is here to save her, that everything is going to be alright.

            "Increase it Kimomato."

            "But s-s-sir, we might deplete her lifeenergy." Kimomato responds with concern.

            "I don't care, increase it. That's an order!"

            "Sir.. She is your daughter, let her rest.. We can continue tomorrow." Suddenly Kimomato feels himself being thrown across the room, and hits the wall with brutal force.

            "Lelomato, stop crying already. We did not raise a weakling in this family, do you hear me? We are warriors! Warriors DO NOT disobey, warriors DO NOT beg and warriors DO NOT feel. Now let it go this instant!" Lord Lekimato shouts while flicking the dial further. Lelomato can feel herself being drained, she is slowly being pushed towards a decision between life or death. No matter how hard she fights it, she knows she is running out of time before the answer is made for her.

            "Sir! We need to turn it off, she is dying!" Kimomato has never yelled at his superiors, not once, but he knew he couldn't stay silent this time.

            "LET GO WARRIOR!" Lord Lekimato shouts before turning the dial all the way to the maximum. Lights are flashing in crazy patterns before everything suddenly turns pitch black. They both hear Lelomato's limp body fall down and listen for a sign of a heartbeat but silence is all they hear. Kimomato is the first to move to the backup generator turning the lights back on, the sight that greets his eyes would make any grown bunny fall to his knees. The color in Lelomato's eyes was drained, replaced by a never ending darkness. Her skin was covered entirely in burn marks that resembled stars.

            "You killed her..." A shocked Kimomato managed to rasp out.

            "She killed herself, she made a choice. I will pretend I did not hear you accuse me of murdering my own daughter. Take care of her." Lord Lekimato's says coldly while staring at the lifeless bunny on the table. But before Kimomato has the time to make a move a loud gasp followed by the sound of chains being ripped from their brackets filled the room.. And then, in the following silence there was the sound a steady beat of a heart.

 

 


☆☆☆


 


            "Are you happy now Hemera? How many more times are we going to have this conversation?" Nanamato sighs.

            "I'm sorry... I just... I want her to be happy, I want her to be free from all this."

            "You know as well as I do that you make her happy, but in a way she enjoys being a warrior too. Because it is the only thing she knows, the only thing she is good at. Her taking you on missions, and saying no to a superior occasionally... That is her way of protecting you Hemera, because she loves you even if she doesn't say it out loud." Nanamato has had this exact conversation many times before with Milimato. So she is aware of every little thought running through Milimato's head. And while she can cope with having this conversation over again, she is scared that never once has she managed to get inside Lelomato's.

            "Then I want her to stop protecting me if that is what it takes for her to be free from it." Milimato fights to hold in the tears that threaten to fall.
            "And then what? Are you going to stand up for yourself? Are you going to learn how to fight and keep the other bunnies at bay? Because if she stops protecting you, that invisible target on your back is going to start glowing stronger than the stars in the night sky. And I know that if anything ever was to happen to you, and you were taken from us.. It would kill her in a heartbeat." Nanamato softly says while planting a kiss on Milimato's head. There was nothing more to be said, and she knew she had reached the more understanding part of Milimato. But it still hurt when she turned her thoughts to the body outside that refused to share her thoughts and feelings, because 'a warrior had none'.

            "Thank you Nanamato. I think it's time for us to go back, it's been a long day." Milimato says while slowly getting up and walking out the shop, she gathered what courage she had so she could be strong for Lelomato.

            The first thing she saw when she got on the ship was Lelomato aimlessly staring into the space in front of her. "Lelomato are you okay?"

            "Something is wrong."

            "Listen.. I-I-I am sor.."

            "I checked the entire ship and all of Bubbles’ systems but I couldn't find anything wrong." Lelomato coldly interrupts.

            "Then.. It's probably nothing. Let's just go home.. please?"

            "As you wish, your room awaits you." Lelomato says while walking off to drive them back and closes the door behind her. Every single bone in her body is telling her to check the ship one more time, 'Someone has been here, but if they were to come this close to Bubbles she would have kicked their asses back to wherever the they came from'. She tries to swallow the nagging feeling and starts driving home. Her thoughts keeps creeping back to the conversation at the shop. It wasn't the first, nor the last time a similar conversation has started up, it has been the talk of their lives since they first met. Sure, Milimato had been around for a long time and seen just how brutal her training could be, but Lelomato wasn't about to drop the truth about her ‘training’ before Hemera came along.

            Lelomato wouldn't cope seeing the look of hurt and pity in Milimato’s eyes, she hated that look. What happened was a long time ago, it has been safely buried deep inside her head along with the rest of her thoughts, feelings, and memories. And to be honest, she has probably locked the door and thrown away the key while she was at it.
Lelomato is suddenly shaken out of her thoughts when she notices Bubbles taking a drastic turn on her own.

            "Bubbles, what the hell? Autopilot off." Lelomato commands, 'I don't even remember activating it'. But instead of Bubbles responding to the command Lelomato is met with silence.

            "BUBBLES, autopilot OFF." Rather than a verbal confirmation Bubbles suddenly starts speeding up and aimlessly going further away from their planet.

            "BUBBLES!!! A-U-T-O-P-I-L-O-T OFF... NOOOOOOOOW!" The door behind her is suddenly yanked open and a rather scared Milimato is staring at her.

            "What are you doing?" She asks, her emotions blatantly shown in her quaky voice. "Lelomato, why are we this far away from Mato?"

            "I didn't do this.. Bubbles, autopilot off." She tries again while trying to steer back to Mato but nothing is working, soon Mato will be a tiny little dot amongst the starry sky.

            "What do you mean you didn't do this? Take us back!" Milimato’s voice rose in volume and pitch.

            "I am trying, okay? Do you have a better idea or are you just going to stand there yelling at me as if that is going to solve anything? BUBBLES, why are you not responding?! Goddamnit!" She angrily responds while trying out every single button she could find in the control room.

            "I'm sorry..." Before they knew it all lights were blinking like crazy as they were starting to lose altitude.

            "Lelomato, what is going on?!" She couldn't stop the panic from showing.

            "I don't know... Bubbles, what's your status?" Lelomato tried to hide her concern to the best of her abilities, but at the sound of Milimato starting to hyperventilate she knew she was failing.

            "Sys..krsch..tem..krsch..down." Bubbles responded for the first time.

            "What the hell does that mean Lelomato? What is wrong with Bubbles? Make her stop.. Please make her stop!" Tears started to fall down Milimato's cheeks and she fell to the floor thinking that the end was near.

            "Milimato, LISTEN, I need you to stay calm.. We are going to crash." Lelomato says crouching and cupping Milimato's face.

            "This isn't real, this isn't what was supposed to happen... YOU PROMISED ME IT WOULD BE SAFE!" Milimato shouts while trying to shake her head out of Lelomato's hands.

            "Hemera, look at me! I am right here.. I won't let anything happen to you." Lelomato says while gently planting a kiss on her forehead. "Now get on my back and wrap yourself tightly around me and DO NOT let go until I tell you to, do you hear me Hemera?" Milimato does as she is told and wraps herself around Lelomato. "Good girl." Lelomato takes off at a run towards the back of the ship.

            "Bubbles, for the love of all that is holy please.. I need you to reboot." Suddenly everything turns black and Milimato's grip around Lelomato tightens.

            "B...LES...BOOT."

            "OPEN CAPSULES BUBBLES!" Lelomato wastes no time as she is sensing Bubbles just used up the last of her powers. Two tiny doors in the floor beneath her opens up.

            "Milimato, I need you to let go now and jump in the capsule."

            "NO!" She screams tightening her grip on Lelomato.

            "LET GO NOW HEMERA!, Do not waste my time if you want to survive!" Reluctantly Milimato loosens her hold and climbs in the capsule.

            "Bubbles, close capsule numbe.."

            And it all turns off again.

            "!" Lelomato punches the wall in front of her, before reaching for her flashlight.

            "W-W-What now?"

            "I need you to trust me.. ok?" Lelomato says with a tone in her voice Milimato has never heard before.

            "W-W-What do you mean? Nyx, what is wrong? You are scaring me."

            "No matter what happens, just know that I love you alright?" Lelomato pours out every ounce of love she is capable of into those words before slamming the door to the capsule shut and sits on top of it.

            "Nyx! NYX! What are you doing? Don't do this! LET ME OUT!" Milimato’s heart is torn between being happy at finally hearing those words, and shattering because this might be the last time she’ll see Lelomato alive.

            Lelomato reaches for the chains that are attached beside the capsules door, a safety device for just this sort of emergency. Unfortunately, installation was incomplete, and the chains had no locks. Lelomato wrapped the chains around her arms and laid face down on top of the capsule, the last thing that her eyes see is a crying Milimato banging on the door before she closed her eyes.

            "I will keep you safe Hemera if it's the last thing I do."

 

 


☆☆☆


 

 

Author's note:
Thank you so much to the new subscribers <3 And for the sweet comments.
It is really appreciated! <3

Would as always like to thank the amazing
Diamondame <3 Yesyes, I know you "didn't do anything".. Still I am very thankful for all your help!

How are the chapters so far?
^^