Chapter 1: A sheep in wolf's clothing.

When two worlds collide

            All that could be heard were the determined footsteps of a bunny with it's eyes set on it's destination. 'Today was going to be a good day' was the words that kept repeating in it's head like a mantra. The familiar wooden doors came into view and the bunny straightens it's back even more if that was possible. The horrible creaking sounds that came from pushing the doors open caught the attention of the council sitting at the round table. The bunny came to a halt and dutifully waited for the elders to speak.

            "Lelomato." The leader in the middle with a scar across his left eye spoke up.

            "Yes sir." Lelomato raised her hand to salute her superior.

            "I need you to deliver this message to Wakamato."

            She stared blankly back at her superior waiting for the magic words that would ensure that today was indeed going to be a good day.

            "And if he puts up a fight?"

            "He is all yours."

            A visible spark in Lelomato's eyes could be seen along with a smirk that made shivers run down any bunny's spine. Lelomato spun around and with determined steps started walking towards her next set destination, proud eyes following her every move. Others might have been uncomfortable having all eyes on them, but for Lelomato it was no big deal seeing as all eyes have been on her for as long as she can remember. Her fate was set in stone the minute she was born, she was going to follow in her father's footsteps and become the greatest warrior this world has ever seen.

            Growing up, she challenged herself in every way possible that it soon started to feel like she needed it to keep on breathing. Becoming the greatest warrior was supposed to make her feel complete, it was supposed to be her call in life and yet here she is getting bored from the lack of challenges that actually gives her a thrill.

            Lelomato's thoughts are interrupted by the loud annoying voices coming from the library. A striped bunny knocks the book out of a scared bunny's hands and that is all it takes for Lelomato to see red. The scared bunny bends to pick up her book but to her surprise another set of hands is already holding it. Lelomato could hear the heartbeat next to her start to calm down and when their eyes met she could see the look of relief. A loud gasp was heard from the other bunnies that finally noticed Lelomato's presence.

            "I-I-It's not wha-a-at it l-l-looks like." The striped bunny managed to say while staring at the ground afraid to meet Lelomato's eyes. Lelomato could feel the scared bunny grabbing her hand just as she was about to teach that striped bunny a lesson.

            "Is that so?" Lelomato responds coldly while trying to keep her emotions in check.

            "I-I-It was an accident, I swear!" The striped bunny shouted as if that could convince Lelomato more of this supposed 'misunderstanding'. Lelomato softly ran her hand through the smaller bunny's fur and placed a kiss on top of her head to signal that everything was going to be alright. Slowly Lelomato could feel her hand being released, and without a second thought she wraps her hand around the striped bunny's throat and lifts him until his feet are no longer connected to the ground.

            "Does this feel like an accident?" Lelomato asked coldly without emotion. The striped bunny started shaking his head in fear.

            "Thought so.. Now scram!" Lelomato threw the bunny as far as she possibly could in the opposite direction and it didn't take long for the boys' friends to run after him.

            "You didn't have to do that." The other softly spoke. Lelomato's attention returned to the scared bunny and started searching for any signs of injuries.

            "Milimato.. Are you alright? Did they hurt you?"

            "I'm okay, thank you for coming to my rescue."

            "No one hurts my baby sister." Lelomato states allowing the anger to drip from her words.

            "So, how do you feel about going on an adventure with me?" The tone in Lelomato's voice switched in a heartbeat to a more playful and happy tone.

            "By the looks of it I do not want to go on this adventure with you... Let me guess, they said the magic words?"

            "Maaaaybe.." Lelomato was shyly playing with her foot on the ground. "But I promise it is safe, it is just to deliver a message.. An actual message, not my kind of message. Pleeeeeeeease."

            Milimato was never the type to go on missions or even start a fight, but seeing Lelomato with her puppy eyes made it so hard to resist. 'What could possibly go wrong?' she thought. But still, caution was inherent in her make up.

            "We can go on a detour and buy your favorite pies." Lelomato was scared of leaving her alone. Especially after seeing what those boys were up too, she needed Milimato to tag along at all costs. It was those words that brought a change of heart and a smile to Milimato’s face.

            "Fine, but if all hell breaks loose I will kill you myself."

            Lelomato raised her hands in the air to show her surrender.

            "You know I will always keep you safe sis."
 

 


☆☆☆


 

 

            10 year old Lelomato was out exploring the woods, today she actually didn't have any kind of training in store and was free to spend her time as she saw fit. They all expected her to train harder than the rest of the trainees and she didn't mind, but nothing could take away days like these when she could visit her own secret place. The place no one knew about, the place where she could properly breathe and be herself. Bunnies like her are not supposed to show any emotions, bunnies like her should be fearless, bunnies like her must never disobey an order and bunnies like her shouldn't have any weaknesses. That is the way of the Matoki, that is the life of a true warrior.

            "P-P-P-Please d-d-d-don't hurt m-m-m-e." Lelomato was used to bunnies being scared of her, but never once has anyone asked her not to harm them.

            "I don't know how you found this place, but I need you to forget it or I will make you forget it. Now, get out! Stop wasting my time." Lelomato had seen a thousand bunnies, all injured and on the verge of death, but never once has she seen a bunny so fragile and helpless. From the tears that ran down its face, to the small bruises on her tiny body.. 'When was the last time she had a proper meal' was the first thought that came into mind.

            "I-I-I-I'm sorry t-t-to have d-d-disturbed you, I-I-I'll be going now." Lelomato could only stare in shock as the little bunny started to drag her limping body from the spot she was previously in. Her heart suddenly ached and no matter how hard she tried to ignore it, the second she saw the bunny starting to fall she ran faster than she ever had to make sure the little one did not hit the ground.

            "Warrior, stay awake! Where do you live? We need to get you checked out." Lelomato searched for any clues of where the little bunny might have come from, but she just didn't seem familiar.

            "I have nowhere to go.." The tiny bunny softly whispered.

            "What do you mean you have nowhere to go? We all do. Now tell me what district you are from warrior!" Lelomato was running out of patience, this is not how she imagined spending her day.

            "T-T-They kicked me out."

            "Who kicked you out?"

            "The orphanage." The bunny lost consciousness and Lelomato carried her to the only safe place she knew, her secret playhouse. A foreign feeling started to build up inside her and a flash of red could be seen in Lelomato's eyes. She marched with determination towards the orphanage. When she reached her destination Lelomato loudly banged on the door getting progressively louder until someone opened up.

            "Yes, may I help you little one?"

            "Did you just kick a warrior out of here?" This wasn't the only orphanage around but it was the closest, Lelomato had to make sure she had found the right one.

            "Who, Milimato? Pfft, you call that a warrior? The rodent couldn't even salute if her life depended on it. It is better this way, there is no use for a bunny like her."

            "Since when did we start leaving warriors behind no matter what their conditions were? Maybe if you fed her better she would be able to stand on her own two feet, you moron."

            "Watch your tone small fry, or are you perhaps her long lost sister trying to get a beating as well?" The foreign feeling was starting to burn Lelomato’s chest, it felt like she would explode if she couldn't shake off this stupid and unwanted feeling.

            "I suggest you watch YOUR tone you big fat lousy excuse of a warrior."

            "What did you just call me? You better turn around and go back to your pathetic sad excuse of a sister before I.." Lelomato couldn't stop it, it was like someone took control of her body and in one swift motion knocked out the warrior in front of her. All she could do was stare at the bunny who no longer had the chance to finish his sentence and it slowly dawned on her that she felt satisfied. A small smirk started to form on her lips but was quickly interrupted when another thought occurred to her, the little bunny. Without hesitation she took off towards the playhouse, if the girl could find her secret spot someone else could.

            She wasn't supposed to have feelings yet her entire body was panicking from the thought of someone else finding the girl. Lelomato could feel her entire body begging her to stop, after spending the last 5 days in training it was screaming for her to take a break.

            "Hang on Milimato, I am almost there." She managed to get out between breaths. She redoubled her efforts. A wave of relief hit Lelomato when she finds the little bunny still in the same spot she left her, sleeping. Lelomato didn't understand her feelings. She didn't understand why this tiny fragile bunny made her react this way. But even though she was left with more questions than answers, it was clear as day what she had to do.

            Lelomato knelt in front of Milimato and softly ran her hand over the bunny's fur, gently kissing the top of her head. It all came so naturally to her that she didn't even have time to question her own actions. She gently lifted Milimato in her arms and started walking with determination in her steps once again. Despite her best efforts, the movement woke the other.

            "W-W-Where are we going?" Milimato suddenly asked.

            "Home."

            "B-B-B-But.."

            "Shh, don't worry bout a thing.. I will keep you safe sis."

 


☆☆☆


 



            "Hey, what is taking you so long?" Milimato shouts while glancing around the ship. Missions were never her thing, but she loved being with Lelomato. There is no other place she felt safer than by her side, even under the most threatening circumstances. Milimato suddenly turned towards the heavy breathing that filled the ship.

            "I just had to... grab some stuff." Milimato's eyes widened at the sight of a struggling Lelomato.

            "I thought you said this was a safe mission." She suspiciously eyes all the weapons Lelomato is carrying.

            "It is safe! When is it ever not safe with me?" Lelomato brings out her biggest grin. "It's just in case something happens. No need to worry."

            "You might have kept me safe so far but it still doesn't mean I feel comfortable with you accidentally starting another war. Besides, since when do you need all that.." Milimato points at all the weapons that are now laying on the floor. "Just in case something happens. And IS THAT A BAZOOKA?!"

            Lelomato's grin suddenly turns into a big pout.

            "This is because they said the magic word isn't it?" Milimato sighs in frustration. 'Why did she bring me along if she has already decided to cause a ruckus?' she thought to herself.

            " yes it is!" Lelomato exclaims with the huge grin back on her lips. Suddenly a sharp pain strikes Lelomato in the back of her head.

            "OUCH! What was that for?" And the pout returns.

            "THAT is for dragging me along when you plan on causing BIG trouble and that.." Milimato smacks Lelomato in the back of the head again. "is for cursing. Learn some manners already!" And storms off further into the ship.

            "And she calls ME bipolar." Lelomato sighs while rolling her eyes.

            "Milimato, won't you please come join me for take off?" Lelomato speaks into the ship's radio after successfully storing her weapons away. She knew it would only be a matter of time before Milimato would come out of hiding, 'She can't stay mad at me for that long, right?' she thought to herself. Flipping the throwing star in her hand, Lelomato could soon sense a presence trying to sneak up on her and she decided to play along. Lelomato kept her attention on the throwing star to pretend like she hadn't noticed Milimato yet.

            "BOO!" Milimato yelled while wrapping her arms around Lelomato.

            "Holy mother of bunnies! You scared me out of my fur!" Lelomato puts a hand dramatically on her chest to emphasize her surprise. At the same time she receives a hard smack on her shoulder.

            "You are the worst liar ever. One of these days I will be able to sneak up on you, just wait and see." The two have a quiet staring contest until they both finally burst out in laughter. Lelomato starts up the ship before slowly taking off.

            "So.. Where to?" Milimato asks.

            "... Wakamato."

            "Why am I not surprised..?" A long sigh leaves the smaller bunny.

            "Hey, I promise it will be over before you know it. We take the message, throw it in his ugly face and off we go! It's as simple as that."

            "This is exactly why I shouldn't be here Lelomato.. Do you expect things to go smoothly with that attitude of yours?"

            "What's wrong with my attitude? It is not my fault he was born with a face only a mother could love, which she barely does. He could do us all a favor by covering that up, preferably yesterday."

            "Promise me you will try to behave?" Milimato softly says, even though she knows Lelomato can handle herself it still breaks her heart to see her get hurt.

            "I always behave.."

            "Nyx! Promise me."

            "Fine.. But if he as much as takes a look your way I will slowly rip his.." A pair of arms comes around Lelomato's neck interrupting her sentence.

            "Thank you!"

            "So.. would you like to fly this pretty baby of mine?" Lelomato asks with a proud smile on her face.

 


☆☆☆


 

 

            Lelomato gets up from her seat to prepare for the arrival.

            "Do you know where to land?"

            "Depends, do I have to set foot outside this ship or can I 'enjoy' the show from here?"

            "You know you will be safe either way so why doesn't your highness choose for herself?" Lelomato says while bowing 90 degrees and making awkward hand gestures.

            "Then I will be in charge of guarding the ship."

            "Suit yourself, though it's probably for the best.. Wouldn't want you to have nightmares from seeing Wakamato's uglyass face anyway." Lelomato says while strapping on her gear and all her favorite weapons.

            "Lelomato.." She warns.

            "Sorry.. I will try and behave. Have you thought about what flavor you want when we go to buy your pies?" Lelomato tries to change the subject.

            "How about... Strawberry!" She says with a dreamy look. Lelomato stops her actions to stare at the bright smile that is on Milimato's lips. Oh how she wished she would be able to keep that smile on Milimato's face 24/7, she wanted nothing more than for her to be happy. Since the first time she laid eyes on Milimato she knew it was her life's mission to keep her safe and happy, and that mission wasn't about to change anytime soon.

            "Strawberry it is." She says with a smile on her own face.

            "Get ready warrior, we will be landing in 5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1." Lelomato takes a deep breath and can feel her body straightening up on reflex to prepare for whatever Wakamato is going to throw her way.

            "Wait!" Milimato comes running with a belt in her hands. "Can't leave without these now can you?" Lelomato stares at her while she straps the belt around her hips, how could she forget her most precious weapon?

            "Just in case, right?" Milimato says while buckling the belt and Lelomato slowly nods.

            "And also.. I made you this.. As a good luck charm." Milimato says as she hands over a choker that has a mini throwing star dangling from it that matches the ones in Lelomato's belt. The throwing stars were designed by Milimato as a friendly gesture even though she is against violence, but she knew this was important to Lelomato and has always tried her best to be as supportive as she possibly can.

            "It is perfect. Thank you." Lelomato manages to squeeze out while fighting back her tears.

            Growing up Lelomato never imagined ever having any emotions besides the occasional battle rage and anger. She was meant to be the greatest warrior the world has ever seen and a great warrior feels no emotions, a great warrior has no weaknesses. But she broke the rules by letting feelings she shouldn't have bubble up inside of her. She also now has a weakness.. And it is all because of her.

            Lelomato runs her hands softly through Milimato's fur and gives her a kiss on her forehead.

            "I'll be right back!" Lelomato's mood suddenly changes to eager and excited and leaves Milimato confused by the sudden switch.

            "Bubbles, open the door!" Lelomato commands, and slowly the ship's doors start to open.

            "You named her Bubbles? What kind of warrior names her ship Bubbles?" Milimato asks with a confused look on her face.

            "The crazy kind." Lelomato answers with a smirk growing on her lips, her feet started to take determined strides towards her 'favorite person in the whole wide world'.

            "Eh.. Bubbles..? Close.. the.. door?" An awkward silence fills the room and just as Milimato is about to use the button to close the doors manually they start closing on their own.

            "As you wish, your highness." A robotic voice suddenly says.

            "D-D-Did the ship just answer me? I must be going out of my mind.."

 

 


☆☆☆


 

 

            "Mr. Wakamato! I have a delivery for youuuu~" Lelomato says while taking in her surroundings.

            "Get your off my land, I didn't give you permission to come here." A raspy voice yells out from inside the house that is slowly coming into her line of sight.

            "I have permission from Lord Zatomato and he specifically asked ME to deliver this message to YOU. Now either you come pick it up or I will come give it to you." Lelomato comes to a stop when she notices a shadow trying to tiptoe it's way towards her ship.

            "I was hoping we could settle this nicely Mr. Wakamato, take the message and I will be on my way." She tries again while still listening to the light footsteps that are getting closer and closer to her ship.

            "Wakamato, this is the last time I will say this calmly. Come get your message or I will force my way through that toothpick you call a door and politely shove it down your throat." 'Damnit, so close.. I am going to be in big trouble if Milimato heard that.' she thought to herself. The footsteps were now close enough to the ship to try and open the doors, without breaking eye contact with Wakamato's door she swiftly throws a star over her shoulder and a satisfied smile forms on her lips when a loud noise confirms that she hit her target.

            "Do you hear that Wakamato? That is your guard dog whining like the liiiittle he is, now tell him to get the away from my ship before any real damage gets done." A loud boom echoes through the forest, Lelomato stands still without flinching while a big missile comes flying over her shoulder and strikes the tree behind her.

            "Bunnies never learn.." Lelomato softly mumbles to no one in particular. "Bubbles, suit up!" She yells while getting ready to take down the door that is standing between her and delivering this message. Weapons quickly appear out of the ship's secret hiding places and aim at the intruder.

            "I trust you with the most precious thing I have Bubbles, make me proud," Lelomato says softly before she takes off at a run all the while dodging the missiles Wakamato shoots her way. There was not an ounce of fear in her bones, not a single trace of doubt that she would fail to get inside the house and finish her mission. Failing was not an option, it never was.

 

 


☆☆☆


 

 

            "Are you giving up already warrior?" A husky voice snarled at the bleeding bunny on the ground.

            "Maybe we should end today's training here my Lord." A nervous voice could be heard from the other side of the room.

            "I did not raise a weakling for a daughter. ANSWER ME WARRIOR! Are.. You.. Giving.. Up?"

            The trainee was having a hard time breathing but she knew deep down inside it wouldn't get better any time soon. Her body was starting to shiver and begging her not to move a single muscle. She had a hard time understanding why she alone wasn't allowed to play with the other bunnies her age, why did she have to suffer through this while everyone else only had to be concerned with finding their friends while playing hide and seek? They told her over and over of her destiny, about her call in life but it didn't make sense to her. Why would it? She was barely 7 years old and had seen more severely injured and dead bunnies than her friends would ever get to experience through their whole life. She knew the day would come where they all had to start their journey to becoming warriors, but did it really make that big of a difference if, just because she happened to be the daughter of the infamous Lord Lekimato, she had to start earlier than the rest?

            She didn't ask to be born to these parents, she didn't ask to have the fate of the world on her shoulders, but she was forced to accept her fate.

            "No sir!" The little bunny managed to bark out while slowly getting up on her feet.

            "That's my girl.. Make me proud Lelomato."

 

 


☆☆☆


 


            Wakamato barely had time to get away from the door before it came crashing down from the incredible force it was hit with.

            "SEE! I told you... Toothpick." She said jerking her head at the door. In a split second Lelomato was on him forcing his mouth open and shoving a note in his mouth.

            "Next time I suggest you welcome me with open arms or I won't be as pleasant as I was today. Do I make myself clear warrior?"

            Wakamato's words were muffled by the note he was trying to push out of his mouth with his tongue.

            "Good boy." She roughly patted Wakamato's head and started to head back towards her ship. She couldn't stop the laughter from leaving once she saw the other bunny stuck to a tree.

            "You shouldn't mess with Bubbles you know, she can be a bit moody and doesn't like strangers touching her. I think it's safe to say that unless your master over there" She pointed at the house. "Comes to your rescue and starts pulling out the daggers... You will be stuck here until the next time we decide to dazzle you with our presence." The doors to her precious ship slowly started opening and she was met with Milimato glaring at her.

            "You taught your ship to call me your highness?!"

            "Would you believe me if I said n-Ouch! What did I do this time?"

            "Since you do not know how to behave, I get to drive us to Nanamato's shop, you still owe me some pies." Milimato chuckles with a satisfied grin on her face as she turned and walked further into the ship. "Are you coming or what?"

            "Just making sure I didn't forget anything." Lelomato innocently answered back as she grabbed her bazooka and aimed it at Wakamato's house. 'He should have read the message by now right? Oh well, I could always come back another time.' She thinks before she eagerly fires the bazooka and presses the button to close the doors. "All set!" A happily skipping Lelomato enters to take her seat next to a very surprised Milimato.

            "Did you just blow up his house...?"

            "I have no idea what you are talking about... So how about those pies?"

 

 


☆☆☆


 


            Before they knew it all lights were blinking like crazy as they were losing altitude.

            "Lelomato, what is going on?!" She couldn't stop the panic from showing.

            "I don't know... Bubbles, what's your status?" Lelomato tried to hide her concern to the best of her abilities but at the sound of Milimato starting to hyperventilate, she knew she was failing.

            "Sys..krsch..tem..krsch..down."

            "What the hell does that mean Lelomato? What is wrong with Bubbles? Make her stop. Please make her stop!" Tears started to fall down Milimato’s cheeks and she fell to the floor thinking the end was near.

            "Milimato, LISTEN, I need you to stay calm.. We are going to crash." Lelomato says crouching and cupping Milimato’s face.

            "This isn't real, this isn't what was supposed to happen... YOU PROMISED ME IT WOULD BE SAFE!" Milimato shouts while trying to shake her head out of Lelomato’s hands.

            "Hemera, look at me! I am right here.. I won't let anything happen to you."

 

To be continued.

 

 


☆☆☆



 

Author's Note:

After writing a few chapter's I felt like I wasn't quite as satisfied with it as I should be, so instead I decided to work on the chapters and improve them.
And that is exactly what I did. The plot is still the same but an upgrade in both grammar and choice of words.
I feel like I have grown quite a bit since I put this story in draft.
I hope you enjoy the new version of the old chapter!

A special thank you to
Diamondame for absolutely everything!
For the love, for the support, for your encouragement of this story and for helping me out to bring the chapter to life in a way that I actually feel proud of it <3