French Alps

6 versus 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The family is having dinner together; everyone is focusing on their own food. The only noise that can be heard is the sound of their forks and spoons hitting the plates and bowls. It’s their first family dinner together since their parents return from their oversea conference.

 

Hyejeong looks around, observing her parents’ face for a while now.

 

“Have something to tell us, Hyejeongie?” Hyejeong shouldn’t even be surprise that Dad can tell she had something to tell him.

 

“Yeah, the spring break is arriving and I’d like to ask if I can go to the French Alps with Seolhyun?” The tall girl asks as politely as possible.

 

“Just the two of you?”

 

“Just us, yeah, we want to spend the spring break with each other.”

 

“It’s dangerous! We should all go together!” Yuna protests, her sisters giving her strange looks.

 

“Yuna, you heard her, they want to spend some alone time.” Jimin repeats, and Hyejeong could’ve swore Yuna’s facial expressions drops to a new level.

 

Before Yuna can say anything, Dad speak up, “alright. Daddy trusts that you can take care of yourself and your girlfriend. Do you need daddy to book your flights for you?”

 

“No, I can book it myself. Thanks, daddy!” Hyejeong claps her hands and goes over to Dad’s side to give him a hug.

 

After Hyejeong goes back to her own sit and the family continues their dinner, Yuna stands up and stomps up to her room. Her parents look at her weirdly, “Should daddy and mummy stay away from Yuna? Is it her time of the month?” Everyone laughs, but Hyejeong is worried.

 

“Don’t worry Daddy. I think we know why.” Chanmi assures Dad and Mum.

 

Back in the room, Yuna is listening to music, blasting them out loud. When Hyejeong enters the room, Yuna covers her face with her blanket and refuses to look at Hyejeong. The taller girl pulls her twin’s blanket out of her face. “You okay?”

 

“What do you think?”

 

“Well… I don’t know unless you tell me?” Hyejeong tilts her head, waiting for an answer. And while waiting for that answer, Hyejeong is slapped by her pillow on the face from Yuna.

 

“Ow! What was that for?” Hyejeong rubs her nose.

 

“I hate you!” Yuna pushes Hyejeong out of the room and locks the door. Hyejeong is left dumbfounded outside the room, tryin’ to figure out Yuna’s reaction.

 

Hyejeong heads down to the living room hugging her pillow.

 

“Got chased out from your own room?” Jimin mocks, chuckling at Hyejeong looking hurt.

 

“Yeah, Yuna threw this pillow right at my face.” Hyejeong rubs her nose again, plopping down into the couch.

 

“So, why is Yuna angry?” Chanmi asks again, slightly smiling.

 

Hyejeong replies with a shrug.

 

“You’re her twin sister.” Chanmi says.

 

“Yeah, yeah, I’ve known that my whole life.” Hyejeong rolls her eyes at the obvious statement that Chanmi states.

 

Her sisters give her knowing looks, prompting her to think deeper. And as Hyejeong thinks more in depth, she finally knows the reason why was Yuna’s reaction so big. She runs back to her shared room and knocks on the door rapidly.

 

“Yuna! Please open the door! I promise not to be a anymore!” Hyejeong shouts, and she hears Yuna’s footsteps nearing the door. She lets out a silly smile.

 

Upon seeing Yuna, Hyejeong gives her a big bear hug. “I’m sorry for being such an idiot. We haven’t separated ever since we were born. We do everything together. What will you do if I’m gone for two weeks? How will you sleep at night? Who do you have to bully?”

 

Yuna cries into Hyejeong’s shoulders, “You know I can’t sleep and do anything right without you,” Yuna cries even harder.

 

“I’m so sorry, I promise I will skype you every night before you sleep, okay? Promise me you will not let me worry when I’m on the other side of the continent?” Hyejeong rubs Yuna’s back in a circular motion.

 

“I promise.”

 

 

-

 

 

Spring break arrives and the twin’s shared room is in a mess. Hyejeong is chucking everything into her luggage because she hadn’t bother to pack at all during the weekends. Hyejeong lies down on the bed, throwing the job of packing to her other twin.

 

“You are supposed to pack your own luggage, not me!” Yuna groans, but continues to help Hyejeong.

 

“Ah… You didn’t have exams before the break, so you should help me!” Hyejeong throws a pig stuffed toy at Yuna. “Pack this little buddy in too.”

 

“You still kept it well,” Yuna smiles, that pig stuffed toy was a gift from Yuna to Hyejeong.

 

“Why can’t you pack me into your luggage too?” Yuna says with a sad pout.

 

“Yu, you promised—” Before Hyejeong could finish, Yuna cut her off, “Okay, okay.” Yuna pouts even more, and continues to fold Hyejeong’s clothes for her.

 

The couple, sisters and parents are at the airport to send Hyejeong off. Yuna is crying uncontrollably, having to separate with Hyejeong for the first time in their 24 years of life. The others try to cheer Yuna up but Hyejeong tells them it’s best to let her cry, and when she gets tired, she’ll stop.

 

Hyejeong has called Amber to come for her departure as well, because she knows Yuna needs her.

 

Hyejeong give her parents a hug, then to her sisters. Lastly, the taller girl gives Amber a hug and whispers, “Take care of Yuna for me, okay? I’m leaving her to you.”

 

Amber nods, “I’ll take care of her. You enjoy.” Amber extends her fist, and Hyejeong bumps her fist against Amber’s.

 

Before Hyejeong goes into the gate, she turns to Choa, “Facetime me if Yuna sleep talks at night or has nightmares. I’ll calm her down.”

 

“Okay, I’ll do. Now go. It’s not like you’re not coming back! Enjoy your vacation, tall one.” Choa says and spanks Hyejeong’s .

 

They wave as Hyejeong and Seolhyun walk towards the gate, the couple turning back occasionally. They are ready to start their adventure at the French Alps, and they are ready to spend the whole spring break by themselves.

 

 

-

 

After an eleven hour of flight from Korea to France, the couple finally landed. They check out and hail a cab to the hotel that Hyejeong had booked for them.

 

Upon arriving and getting their hotel cards and wifi password, Hyejeong fishes her phone out of her pocket and begin typing a message to Yuna, who must be worried as hell right now.

 

(A/N: Text timings are in HJ’s time zone)

 

Hyejeong // 9:11PM

I’ve arrived in France! Inform the others too, yeah?

 

Yuna // 9:13PM

HYE! Are you okay? Did you land safely? Yeah, yeah!

 

Hyejeong // 9:19PM

Yeah, I did. Seol and I are going to unpack now, I’ll call you tomorrow morning, yeah?

 

Yuna // 9:20PM

Yeah, alright. I miss you.

 

Hyejeong // 9:20PM

Miss you 2. Good night.

 

After assuring Yuna that she is fine, the couple begin to unpack their luggage, with Hyejeong throwing the job to Seolhyun. “Babe, want a hotdog?”

 

“No. I want you to come and help me with hanging our stuff into the wardrobe.” Seolhyun says, picking out clothes to hang.

 

“Oh cmon… We can do those much later, why don’t we take a hot shower and call it a day?” Hyejeong winks and grabs her girlfriend’s hand, pulling her into the bathroom.

 

---[M]---

 

Hyejeong fills the bathtub with warm water and then starts undressing Seolhyun. She unclasps her bra in one swift moment and grabs them in each

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter