First date, success!

6 versus 1
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyejeong is pacing up and down, nervous of the arrival of the girl, apparently her crush, too, whom she met a week ago at a school fair. 

 

Her name’s Seolhyun and she has obviously been running about in Hyejeong’s mind the moment they met. Hyejeong is currently studying for her Master’s degree in Dental Science while Seolhyun is still studying for her Degree in Arts Management. Hyejeong fell head over heels for Seolhyun the moment she met her.

 

“Hey Hyejeong! Is your girl arriving yet? We’re excited to see her!” One of Hyejeong’s sister, Yuna, says. 

 

Oh, I forgot on a point. Hyejeong is one of the tuplets. So there are 6 girls in the household, please imagine the level of iness. 

 

“Well, Yuna, technically, she’s not my girl, ok? We’re friends!” Hyejeong sits on her bed, “Now, are the girls downstairs? I need to talk to all of you.” 

 

“Ugh, yes, they’re all in the living room and they sent me up to ask you that.”

 

“Ok, come with me.” Hyejeong drags Yuna down to the living room.

 

“Alright, girls!” Hyejeong pushes Yuna down to the couch while she remains on the staircase.

 

“I need all of you, especially you, and you,” Hyejeong points at Yuna and Jimin, the troublemakers, “to behave well. I can’t afford to screw this up, yeah?” Hyejeong makes sure to see them promise her before she joins them.

 

“Oh, God, Hyejeong you’re freaking out so much. C’mon, we will help you!” Jimin gives Yuna knowing eyes. 

 

“No, no, no, no! I don’t need help. Look, I just don’t want to scare her off. Like y’know, when we usually go out in the streets, we scare people off!”

 

Well, who wouldn’t be intimated by the six sisters walking in a straight line side by side with their poker faces on the streets?

 

“Hyejeong, I swear the most you tell us not to help you, the more we want to.” Hyejeong pretends not to hear what Jimin says.

 

“Alright, it’s almost time. Y’all get up to your rooms.” Hyejeong says while she tidies up the messy living room.

 

Let me give you a break down of the sisters’ personalities:

 

Jimin & Yuna: Fun loving and sort of a troublemaker. Troublemaker sisters, partners in crime.

 

Chanmi: Chill, asleep most of the time.

 

Mina: Cutie sister who tries to get her sisters’ attention all the time.

 

Choa: Uptight and tense sister, often called the ‘mom’ by her sisters.

 

Hyejeong: Geek and sensible most of the time. 

 

About ten minutes later, two firm knocks were heard on the door. Hyejeong rushed to the door and before she opens it, she made sure she looks her best.

 

“Hi, Seolhyun, you’re here!” Hyejeong greets Seolhyun with a wide grin.

 

“Yeah, how are you doin’?” Seolhyun returns the smile and stand outside the door.

 

“Hyejeong, you should invite her in.” Choa said while cleaning up the kitchen.

 

“Oh, yeah, I mean, come in!” Seolhyun laughed at how silly Hyejeong is.

 

“Is she your sister?” Seolhyun points at Choa.

 

“Yes! She’s the first one out of my mommy’s womb, so she’s technically four minutes older than me.” Hyejeong jokes.

 

“Hey, Seolhyun!” Yuna’s voice was heard, and when Hyejeong turns around, her four sisters were lined up on the staircase, all waving at Seolhyun, “trust me, Hyejeong does not look this good normally at home.” Yuna shot Seolhyun a wink.

 

“Oh, wow, I know you’re tuplets, but I didn’t expect all of you to look different.” Seolhyun finds it so amazing she couldn’t close .

 

“Yeah, we’re fraternal tuplets. Except for Yuna and I. We’re identical among them.” Hyejeong explained to her and turns back to her sisters, “Ok, alright, Hyejeong is sending a signal to us that we should not interrupt them.” Jimin jokes and they head back to their own respective shared rooms.

 

“Let’s go to my room, shall we?” Hyejeong invites while Choa rushed out from the kitchen upon hearing that.

 

“No locking of doors, alright?” Choa warns, Hyejeong simply gives a nod.

 

Once they’re in Hyejeong’s room, the taller girl closes the door to give them extra privacy even though Hyejeong’s shared room with Yuna is at the farthest corner.

 

“Sorry you had to witness those, Choa is usually this uptight.” Hyejeong touched the back of her neck.

 

“I noticed you do that quite a lot.” Seolhyun says, eyes forming into crescent moon.

 

Wow… She’s smiling with her eyes. Control, Hye, control!

 

“Hmm? Do what a lot?” 

 

“This,” Seolhyun mimics Hyejeong’s neck touching.

 

“Ah, it’s what I do when I’m nervous.” Hyejeong giggles.

 

“So you’re nervous? You’re nervous when you’re with me?” 

 

“Uhm, yeah, who wouldn’t? I mean, you’re such a gorgeous lady, anyone will feel nervous around you because you’re too pretty, you know, yeah.” Hyejeong tried to explain in a manner which will not weird out Seolhyun.

 

“Thank you very much for your compliments, but you’re beautiful yourself too.”

 

“C’mon, don’t joke around like this with me. Y’know, all of my sisters are much more beautiful than me, it’s as if my parents adopted me.” Hyejeong said with a tiny little sadness in her voice. 

 

It was true. Very little people complimented Hyejeong. When they went to high school, all the people wanted to befriend only Yuna because they thought she was prettier. However her prankster sister still loves her a lot and prefer staying with her.

 

“I’m not joking, you’re really beautiful.” Seolhyun affirmed her.

 

“OH C’MON! DON’T BE A AND LET THIS SLIDE!”

 

While chatting with Seolhyun, the duo heard noises from downstairs. 

 

“I’m sorry, they must be fighting again.” Hyejeong put a hand to her forehead. There hasn’t gone by a day where the sisters wouldn’t quarrel.

 

“I understand, after all six girls living together must be tedious.” Seolhyun laughs, “do you want to go down and check on ‘em?” 

 

“Yeah, I probably should. Follow me?” Hyejeong offers, she didn’t want to leave Seolhyun in the bedroom alone in case Yuna left some stuff there deliberately for Seolhyun to see, an example would be a fake love letter from Hyejeong.

 

“Yeah, sure,” Seolhyun followed behind Hyejeong.

 

Once Hyejeong is at the living room, she sees Yuna and Jimin back facing each other and Choa sweating profusely, trying to stop the sisters from fighting.

 

“Hey, hey, what’s wrong?” Hyejeong asked her twin sister.

 

“I was just trying to be kind,” Yuna side glared Jimin.

 

“Like how?” Hyejeong didn’t understand Yuna.

 

“She tried to be kind by putting that box of cookies on the highest shelf and refusing to get it down for me!” Jimin pointed at the shelf which contains her favorite cookie on the top.

 

Yuna was closer to Hyejeong and so she whispers to her, “we’re trying to help you here, so impress Seolhyun by resolving our conflict

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter