Missing 01

The Wanderer

August 3rd - nine days after the tragic. For the first time, Yixing smiled when he entered the classroom. It wasn't artificial, he was smiling in pure bliss. I was utterly shocked when I saw him. When I asked if he was fine, he gave a raised brow asking why he won't be. For a second, I thought he had gotten over the death of his best friend. He started joking and laughing whole heartedly with his friends though as if he had never lose that boy.

Then, I finally questioned him about his source of happiness and the reply was the same confused expression. "Had you moved on?" He was equally dumbfounded, "From what?" At his response, I instantly begged him not to pretend anymore, because he'll just lose himself more than he did.

"I don't understand," he shook his head. "Lu Han," I never wanted to mention his name in front of Yixing, but he had to know the reality - he can't pretend forever. It would be even messier than what his mind can take, and that sometimes would leads to mental disorder.

Yixing grabbed both of my shoulders, "Please, I really don't understand what you're trying to imply. Are you really alright? Do you want to take a rest." At his sudden statement, I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Lu Han! Your childhood and best friend. How could you forget?" Screaming, I brushed his hold off me. It just didn't click altogether, he seemed so genuinely clueless. Had he hurt himself so terribly that he suffered from a short while amnesia? Which was unlikely because he acknowledged me as his another close friend.

It was half passed six when Yixing's mother called. She asked if I was with her son because he hadn't went back home yet. I recalled running out of the school in disappointment of the latter. "No, but I think I know where he is." Maybe earlier, I was too harsh with my words, but hopefully they struck hard to his mind.

The place I've been thinking was indeed where Luhan's body was currently residing without disturbance. Yixing must somehow be there.

It was slightly drizzling when I stepped into the graveyard. To my misfortune, no one was there. I then headed to the where Lu Han's grave situated at to pay respect. I stared at the tomb before me, it wasn't Lu Han's. I looked around from where I stood trying to spot the the missing gravestone. I started to doubt if I'm in the right graveyard, but then the huge board above the gate already confirmed that I was, in fact, in the correct one.

Starting to panick, I aimlessly and desperately ran around trying to find the certain gravestone. It was impossible to be missing, unless someone exhumed Lu Han within the nine days. That thought alone  caused me to shiver with unpleasantness. "Hey!" Someone shouted. It was a cleaner, his wrinkled face contorted with concern. "Miss, are you alright?"

I shook my head, "Please, help me look for Lu Han's grave. It was there days ago, but now it was gone. I don't--" The cleaner stopped me from talking, "I'll go check it for you, don't worry." Out of sympathy, he phoned the person in charge.

"Miss," he shot me a gentle look. "Are you sure this is the right place? It had been 4 weeks since any registration."

That moment, my mind went blank. It wasn't possible. Yixing had been with me that time too. It's too abnormal. What in the world is happening.

"Miss, the weather was forecasted to be raining heavily soon. You should leave now."

When I got of the cab, my phone rang. The caller was Yixing's mother again. I reluctantly answered it despite the unorganised condition of my mind. "Hello," The voice belongs to Yixing, I didn't reply. It was silent for a while until he spoke, "I honestly don't know what you were talking about today, neither do I know what I did that made you that mad, but I'm sorry," Sincerity was all I heard from his soft tone.

"Lu Han?" I whispered.

"Ah yes, that one. That was the part I'm confused the most. Would you mind telling me that sometimes on?" My chest clenched uncomfortably every step I took.

When I was about to speak, I heard a familiar name in the low conversation of the two students in the convenience store. I ended the call abruptly and pretended to take some products nearby them.

"But Luhan seemed like a nice guy. Why would they do that to him?" The girl looked up at her companion in curiosity.

"I told you, he deserved it. You're new there and probably won't understand anyway. Just don't run your mouth like that in school." The boy replied nonchalantly, picking out three packets of instant noodles.

They both turned around and simultaneously noticed me (must be because my school uniform) the guy grabbed the other and hurriedly passed by me, but not before I got a glimpse of their uniform, SeorJun High - Seoul's most prestigious academy.

When I got home, the first thing I did was to search about the train incident on July 25th, 2013 that Lu Han got involved in. I hoped, at least there was one case, but ths search shows no result as if his every existence in the world was wiped out after the death. Already accepted to the abnormalities, the next thing I did was to proceed searching for SeorJun Highschool's images. There were about 2,000 students in a picture and I could only look one by one, despite Lu Han's face was vague in my mind since I've only seen it three times.

As I was trying to look for the address, I recalled writing an address on a notebook. I shot out from my chair and fumbled my bag for the said notebook, containing the address Yixing given me on that fateful day. It was the only evidence that proved that day happened and Luhan existed. Although not as clear as before, there was it, Hyunsae Street 1193.

I didn't know what exactly happened to Lu Han, but I couldn't allow his best friend to forget him. I didn't know what's his relation with that top school, but I must find out.

"Father, can you please enroll me to SeorJun High?"