Warning 03

The Wanderer

It was hardly a day in SeorJun, and I was already faced with uncommon encounters. The phenomenon occurred yesterday was so surreal that I had a hard time to distinguish wether I was in reality. Last night, after I went to my new home, I tried contacting Yixing -- I was dreading to ask him what he meant with the single word he texted -- but he never answer.

Despite the life threatening happenings of the day before, I cheered myself into thinking about starting fresh and anew today. I entered my classroom, bumping onto a tall boy by accident. The boy had a light frown when he looked up, but it disappeared as quickly as it came. "You.." Chanyeol hushed, grinning dazzlingly. He scratched his neck, trying to recall my name. Though it hurt a little, his actions indirectly telling me as if I was not worth it to be remembered. You think too much, I told myself.

"Chanyeol," I called, "Good morning," while rearranging my bag straps. "Good morning too, Eunyi! It might be a hassle for you to know, but let me tell you that I have bad memory." He let out a sheepish chuckle and nodded to somewhere behind me, "I had an urgent business to do in the washroom."

Smiling slightly, I headed towards my seat and sat down. At the corner of my eyes, I spotted a purple waving. On instinct, I gaze over to a student's table where I met a glamorous purple tulip inside a glass, dancing in the wind.

The teacher entered the room with a quiet Chanyeol trailing behind, his shoulders were hunched forward timidly. He rushed to his seat and sat down when the teacher began talking. "As some of you were suspecting, Jen Kim did leave to Denmark -her hometown- to continue her studies there." He gestured to the empty seat with the tulip flowert. "It might be abrupt, and she did not inform any of you, but please wish her the best as the good classmates you all were."

The students didn't reply while waiting for their teacher to go on. "Very well, then. I believe you all were mature enough to be independent without any supervision. So I expect that while I'm away for the meeting, you will behave and do self study. Am I clear?" The class finally responded with monotonous 'yes's.

After the elder man left, I patted my cheeks to stay awake. I thought I have slept enough, but the sudden drowsiness that attacked me had proved otherwise. I stood up and made my way to the ladies washroom. I kept splashing the cool water on my face in hope of washing away the tiredness. I looked up at the mirror and I indeed looked horrible with red eyes and noses. Brushing my wet fringe, I walked into the cubicle.

All of sudden, I heard the door opened and closed, and came in two unfamiliar voices. "Left to Denmark, my ." I didn't want to pry, but their conversation were a bit off.

"Oh, come on. Lower down your voice." Said the other with calmer and more feminine voice.

The former let out a groan, "Why, everyone knew she is dead."

"Clairè, stop that."

"And it wasn't Denmark, last time I check, she said she's from Germany. Seriously, both places were completely different."

Afterall, everyone was normal beings. They were just putting on facade, to fit the school, to avoid being an outcast. They've built walls and walls to hide away.

The chestnut haired frowned when she saw me coming out of the toilet. "Clairè, you're clearing this up." Clairè, the one with darker brown hair wore an expression similar to the former.

"So, you overheard us?" She began to speak when the chestnut haired went out of the bathroom.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to--"

Clairè looked back at the mirror, staring at me through it. "Since you've heard it, I can, might as well, warn you. First, just to tell you, you've made a huge mistake by entering Seorjun. This school is no ordinary school. The disappearance of Jen Kim -the newbie- is because she is dead, killed by him for not shutting her trap--"

I furrowed my brows at the blunt mention of kill, as if they're used to it. "If I may ask, who is the 'he' you're indicating?" And I was surprised myself, that I can take in the fact that this school is perilous, filled with suspicious students that could be coverts of murderers.

She let the water run from the tap. "I didn't know who this 'him' actually too. No one does. That's why you should be aware of the people you make friends with, girls are not an exception."

I somehow felt the urge to ask her now, because I was afraid I would never have the chance to.

"Actually, I've been meaning to ask you. Who exactly is Luhan?"

"That's the point I'm getting through. Do not mention him if you want to step out of this school alive. Curiosity kills a cat. If you speak of this name, you will be the next target of whoever the 'him' is." She  turned off the tap and stretched her limbs. "I'm going."

"Wait!" I called after her. "How, how did Luhan die?"

She was silent for a moment, until she chose to answer. "His corpse was found in the shower room in the gym, rumoured that he suicide by overdosing on pills. That's all I know." She put her hand on the door handle. "I'm warning you out of sympathy. I do not want you to end up like Jen Kim."

And she walked out, leaving me standing there like a fool, maybe I was fooled. I was able to accept everything, until she told me a totally different story of Luhan's death. Was I in a wrong dimension, or was I trapped in illusions. The place in my mind was such a mess.

Records.

Luhan, since he was confirmed by Clairè that he was once a student in Seorjun, they must have past records of him. I knew I had to get them, one way or another; I need to know the informations of his life.

I left the bathroom in haste, consequently, knocking onto a tall boy with much force that he fell down. He clutched on his chest, wincing, where my forehead collided with. For an attractive boy, he looked up with squinted eyes, as if judging me.

"I'm sorry!" I bowed at him, hopefully he wasn't a spoilt brat. Noticing him wandering her fingers around, I saw a big framed spectacle lying across him. I slowly picked it up and held it infront of his face, slowly waving it.

He grabbed on my hand blindly and felt the glasses. "This is mine, right?" His voice was surprisingly soft yet low.

"Yes," I answered, setting them on his opened palm. I watched as he placed them on his small face and blinked repeatedly at me. He was undeniably good looking, but the large glasses had covered half of his nice features, looking like a nerd instead. "Ah, yes. Please accept my apologies. I wasn't--"

He got up to his feet, picking up a duffel bag I didn't notice before. "You're from my class right? My name is Oh Sehun," He introduced all of sudden. "And I'm feeling fine, so do not worry." He bowed politely which I returned stiffly.

He wasn't cold like I expected, even though he didn't smile. His sparkling are looking back at me in anticipation. "I'm Lee Eunyi."

"I'm your partner," He stated. "Eunyi, you're partnered with me to do an assignment. Everyone already set out, so shall we?" Sehun walked ahead of me.

"What?" I asked, following him up the emergency staircase.

"Teacher decided to make use of our time wisely, so he arranged works for us to do." The tall boy pulled out a key and inserted it through the doorknob. "Don't worry, we aren't trespassing. I already asked the teacher for permission." He added when he saw me taking reluctant step through the rooftop door.

It wasn't detention I was afraid of, but the rooftop itself. "Ah, yes."

Sehun took a seat nearby, to my surprise, the fixed railing, as if the incident never happened. He zipped open the duffel bag and I instantly got alert of the contents in the bag. "The sight here is pretty, so I chose this place."

He gotten access of the rooftop easily, he knew how the sight up here looks like. What did the bag contained? What if, he's the murderer?

The boy pulled out a set of paintbrushes, notepads, pencils, watercolours; items used in art drawings. "I don't know what you're good in, so I brought them all. Except for oil paints."

I calmed down and sat near him, blankly staring at the equipments. I was never good in drawing, I didn't have a creative mind either, but I loved art. To others, it may be just a masterpiece, but to the painter or artist, it held a meaning no one knows about. It was thrilling, uncovering the beauty and looking inside the terrible.

"Go look around for inspiration, you can see everything from this perspective." With sketchbook and a sharpened pencil, he leaned dangerously close to the railings, looking down at the blossom trees surrounding the football field.

At the sight, my heart beat risen-- fearing another accident. "Please." I stood up and took steps away. "Be careful with the fencing."

Sehun looked up with surprised, yet questioning gaze. "I will, thank you for your concern."

Not wanting to bother him, I gave a quick brow and roamed around the rooftop. I went around the block of entrance, finding a body on the ground. I let out a shriek of horror and stumbled backward.

Was he dead? How did he get here? Is he the target? I don't understand.

"Hey," I felt a tap on my stiff shoulder, snapping me out of my little paranoia. I didn't notice that Sehun was already behind me.

The body jumped up to his feet, causing me to release another blood curdling scream while backing up on Sehun.

"Shh, it's okay. It's just Kai." He turned me around despite my refusal and gave a friendly, warm hug. "Shh."

I heard a groan, "Why do you bring such a loud peasant here?" The voice was croaky, as if he just woke up from his sleep.

"Why are you sleeping here? You should be finishing your assignment with your partner. Kai, you know that-"

"Yeah, yeah. Truancy cannot be tolerated. For heaven's sake, my parents do not even care. Why you, my sweet dongsaeng, need to?"

It seemed like Sehun gave up talking to the stubborn boy and whispered to me, "See, he's not dead, he was just sleeping." He let go of me when I regained my composure.

"What are you hushing about? Is that your new girlfriend? Surprise, surprise. Our baby just dated the new girl." The unknown boy whistled sarcastically.

I turned around again to meet his eyes, and I immediately regretted. He was Kai, the boy whose cousin died a day ago.

The lighting flashed through the sky and it began drizzling. Sehun rushed back to get his belongings, leaving me with the unhappy boy.

"You're really bothersome."

In the end, we didn't get to finish the assignment. There were also frustratingly annoying questions lingering in my mind.

During previous encounter with the former, he was always with Jen. But Jen seemed like a pest to him as he always tried to shrug her off. Though disturbing to say, it would actually make sense if I say her death DIDN'T affect Kai's life and he was happy she was gone.

At the incident, Jen said it was useless to call for help for HIS plan is to let her die. It was attempted at the rooftop, where it was forbidden to enter.

But today, Kai was there before Sehun and I arrived with the key. It was possible for him to have a replica of the key or whatsoever. But relocking the door back again, it was as if he was trying to warn me something.