Seven

I'll Hold Your Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hae Yeon is standing before a flight of concrete stairs that lead down to Gimhae High's track field. She takes her chunky Samsung device out of her school blazer pocket and, just as she had computed, the screen reads October 18, 2011 Tuesday 11:42 AM. 

More leaves have fallen from the autumn colored trees from the last time Hae Yeon was here. The late morning breeze blows Hae Yeon's loose mid-length hair back and she smiles slightly to greet the sunlight embracing her glowing skin. Students are roaming the school grounds as lunch time quickly rolls in. 

Hae Yeon remembers this day clearly. It was around this time and at the exact spot that she is standing in now when she first met Yifan. It wasn't a romantic love-at-first-sight moment. To be honest, Hae Yeon didn't think much of him on their first encounter- other than finding him strange. The dark and gloomy aura that he held had caught her attention. Hae Yeon breaks away from her memories of that day and returns her attention to the reality before her. 

Her eyes sparkle once they spot Yifan's tall figure strolling outside the track field. He comes to a stop by the the stairs that lead up to where Hae Yeon is. Yifan's sharp features are masked in the gloomy aura that Hae Yeon recalled. In one hand is a worn out broom and in his other is a sack full of fallen leaves. He looks up and his dark eyes stop on the sight of Hae Yeon. Hae Yeon feels as if time has stopped when she sees the face she has missed so much over the past few years. 

"What are you doing not eating during lunch time?" Hae Yeon blurts out and cusiously eyes the things in his hands. His eyes change into surprise because he wasn't expecting the pretty new transfer student to talk to him. 

"Sweeping duty." Yifan replies simply, looking away from her. Just from his voice alone is enough to make Hae Yeon's heart flutter. 

"I just transferred here." She says to introduce herself and takes a few steps down the stairs towards him. 

"I know, school flower-si." Yifan says, very well aware of who he is talking to.

"Lee Hae Yeon." She corrects him. 

"Are you lost?" He asks, suspicous of why the new school flower is carelessly chatting with him. 

"Do I have to be lost to talk to you?" Hae Yeon counters him with a tilt of her head. 

Yifan walks up the stairs to where Hae Yeon is standing. She can smell the familiar scent of the cheap laundry detergent that he uses. He studies her perfectly proportioned facial features breifly before smirking. "Ahh, you're probably not aware yet, but I'm someone that people try to avoid around here." He informs her and continues up the stairs. 

Hae Yeon turns to watch him make his way back to the school building. "It's been a while, Yifan." She says quietly to herself and smiles at how Yifan did not change one bit from her memories. Yifan was always the complete opposite of Hae Yeon. Yifan came from a poor family, had bad grades despite studying, and was avoided by mostly everyone in school. Hae Yeon came from a wealthy family, had the top grades despite not studying, and was admired by everyone around her. Yifan had nothing, but Hae Yeon had everything. 

Baekhyun suddenly pops up by her side. "Whatcha doing here?" He asks Hae Yeon with a bright eye-smile. He notices that she is staring in the direction of Yifan. "Don't tell me you just spoke to the school loser."

"School loser my foot" Hae Yeon mutters and heads to her classroom. 

"Yah, I heard that if you speak to the school loser you will be cursed to always have bad grades just like his." Baekhyun gossips to Hae Yeon, following her to class.

She turns to give Baekhyun an amused look. "So you must talk to him a lot for your grades to be in the state that they are."

"What? Do you want to die?" Baekhyun glares

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter