Two

I'll Hold Your Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm a big fan." Min Seok blurts out across the table to Hae Yeon. She stops cutting the medium rare filet mignon she ordered and looks at Min Seok in confusion, a fan? "I am a big fan of you, Hae Yeon-si."

"Ah, is that so?" Hae Yeon replies to his flattery nonchalantly and continues on with her lunch. Hae Yeon was voted the school flower, the most beautiful girl in the school, during her high school and college years. Having fans is nothing new to her.

"Actually, you are the reason why I agreed to go on this blind date." Min Seok explains shyly, afraid to look up from his food. Hae Yeon looks at his blushing cheeks and sighs over the fact that another innocent being had just fallen head over heels in love with her again.

“… I see.” Hae Yeon says, not sure how to respond to her current situation. She does not want to let Min Seok down brutally, but she doesn’t want to lead him on. She just feels that Min Seok should be aware that she is not really interested in seeing someone. She is just tired of her mother’s constant nagging of marriage.

“So how do you like working with Jun Myeon?” Min Seok asks to break the awkward silence.

“Jun Myeon? Are you talking about Chairman Kim Jun Myeon?” Hae Yeon is surprised at the sudden mention of Chairman Kim.

Min Seok nods. “You don’t know? We are cousins.” The Kim surname is so frequently used that Hae Yeon had not even considered the possibility of the two being related.

“Kim Jun Myeon-si is very good at what he does.” Hae Yeon admits, but leans forward as if to let Min Seok in on a secret. “But he is way too arrogant. I don’t know how he will be able to find a woman who can stand him.”

Min Seok laughs in disbelief. “Really? I find that hard to believe. You must not have seen the girls swarming after Jun Myeon yet.”

“Min Seok-si, are you sure we are talking about the same person? I can’t imagine girls ‘swarming’ after Chairman Kim.” Hae Yeon laughs loudly at the ridiculous image of Jun Myeon running for his life from a stampede of squealing girls.

~~~~~

“Hae Yeon-si, you look… elated. I assume your blind date went well?” Chanyeol asks Hae Yeon in the elevator. He has been stealing looks at Hae Yeon during their entire drive back to the office and noticed that Hae Yeon’s mood has lifted from the blind date.

“It was a very amusing experience.” Hae Yeon replied. She is surprised that she actually did not find the date as torturous as she had expected. Chanyeol can’t help, but feel a little jealous that this blind dat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter