One

I'll Hold Your Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I’ll head to the office right now." Hae Yeon says into her cellphone before hanging up. She places her phone down by the porcelain white bathtub that is set into the dark bamboo floor of her luxurious bathroom.

Water and soap suds rolls off her body as she stands up to step out of the tub. She pulls on a white bathrobe over her slender frame and slips her dainty feet into a pair of matching slippers.

“Secretary Park, I won’t be eating. Please start the car.” Hae Yeon tells her secretary waiting outside the bathroom. The tall secretary nods his head at her and leaves immediately to carry out her commands.

Park Chanyeol has been serving Hae Yeon since she took over the role of the chief financial officer of DT Empire two years ago. Even though he has been shadowing her for so long, Hae Yeon has never failed to amaze him with her brilliance. They are both the same age, twenty-three, but Hae Yeon has already accomplished things that Chanyeol probably will never be able to accomplish in his entire lifetime.

Chanyeol enters the mansion’s sublevel garage where a long row of luxury cars are parked. He drives out a shiny black passenger vehicle and waits for Hae Yeon to walk through the mansion’s grand entrance. Hae Yeon’s home is a modern multi-floor structure made up of mostly glass and concrete. Rushing water can be heard from the water that flows from the small pool on the second floor to a larger pool on ground level. 

Chanyeol steps out of the car once he sees Hae Yeon walking over in preparation to open the car door for her.

“Stay in the car.” Hae Yeon gets in the car herself. She looks elegant, yet powerful with her hair placed in a low ponytail and ears donned with diamond studs.  Her wrinkle-free black dress is perfectly fitted with the hem hitting right above her knees. Black red-bottomed pumps are the final touches to her sleek office look.

 ~~~~~

There is always a certain aura that radiates from Hae Yeon. The world sees Hae Yeon as more than perfect, but not without a reason. She is breathtakingly beautiful in terms of looks, highly intelligent in terms of smarts, and widely successful in terms of her career. Additionally, Hae Yeon is from a wealthy family and has lived most of her life aboard, elevating her a step above others.

Both, men and women, turn to stare at Hae Yeon in admiration and respect as she walks across the company lobby with Chanyeol following closely behind. Once on the 100th floor, the company’s executive floor, Hae Yeon heads directly down the hall to the VIP meeting room and pushes the heavy double doors open with both hands.

“Proceed with the acquisition.” Hae Yeon announces fiercely, while storming to the center of the meeting room. Six pairs of surprised eyes stare at her sudden interruption of their meeting. Hae Yeon had walked into the steering committee’s emergency meeting held in response to the earlier public protest to DT Empire’s newly released acquisition plans.

“Hae Yeon-si, it’s nice to see you’ve made it to our meeting.” The handsome man leading the meeting greeted Hae Yeon with an amused expression. She took the reserved seat to his left at the table. “Why don’t you share your thoughts in more detail with us?”

“Chairman Kim, I’m a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter