Three

I'll Hold Your Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Lee Hae Yeon-haksaeng, maybe those words are allowed in American schools, but not here." The teacher lectures Hae Yeon for her crude outburst when she had only asked the new transfer student to introduce herself to the class. Hae Yeon looks at the teacher with a combination of surprise and confusion. Hae Yeon is still in disbelief of her current surroundings. She concludes that she must be dreaming because there is no other logical explanation to this. She pinches her thigh hard in an attempt to wake herself up from this dream, but immediately makes a face from the sharp pain. The teacher sighs. "Just go to your seat. You will be sitting next to Byun Baekhyun-hakseang."

Hearing the familiar name, Hae Yeon quickly scans the sea of students to find Baekhyun. She hasn't seen him since they graduated from high school. Once Hae Yeon spots Baekhyun smiling at her, she hurries over. She takes the seat next to him, grateful to be reunited with a familar face. Byun Baekhyun was the only one Hae Yeon has truly considered as her friend during her single year of study at Gimhae Rural High School. 

"Anyeong." Baekhyun greets his pretty new neighbor. 

"Yah, tell me what going on? This is a dream isn't it?" Hae Yeon whispers to him. 

"What? Yah?" Beakhyun stares at her weirdly for acting as if they are close friends, when they just met. After a second thought, Baekhyun pinches his cheek for confirmation. "This isn't a dream."

"Then why am I here? What are you doing here? And where the hell are my clothes?" Hae Yeon asks in a low voice. 

"Transfer-haksaeng, you sure ask weird questions." Baekhyun eyes Hae Yeon suspiciously, not sure if his new neighbor is sane or not. 

He is no help- at all, Hae Yeon thought to herself after remembering how Baekhyun was never that bright in class anyways. She searches her pockets and finally fishes out what she was hoping to find- a cellphone. It was a chunky old Samsung device. Hae Yeon remembers faintly that this was the cellphone she once had back in high school. 

She pushes the home button to light up the screen. The text, September 26, 2011 Monday 12:49 PM, appears on the small screen. The date and time does correlate with the classroom setting Hae Yeon is sitting in. She recalls that this should be around the time her parents moved her to Busan, South Korea from the States to finish her last year of high school. 

September of 2011 to August of 2012, it was a time in her life that Hae Yeon would never forget. She remembered every moment of it, as if it all just happened yesterday. It was a time that Hae Yeon hated the most, but also loved the most. 

Hae Yeon hated coming to a rural high school, the annoying classmates, and her 18-year-old self. The only thing that kept Hae Yeon from wiping this horrible memory away in its entirety is solely because of one thing, WuYifan.

Hae Yeon stands up aburptly, her chair screeching back against the floor loudly. The class is staring at her with wide eyes. "Seonsaeng-nim, I need to see the nurse." Hae Yeon lies to the teacher as she runs out of the classroom. Once in the ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter