Six

I'll Hold Your Hand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hae Yeon does a double take at her cellphone screen. She finds it unbelievable that Baekhyun is calling her because the last time she saw him was close to 4 years ago and they parted on not so good terms. She checks her surroundings to make sure that she didn't travel back in time again. She catches Chanyeol glancing back at her strangely from the driver seat. 

"Hello? Hae Yeon-ah, can you hear me?" Baekhyun shouted loudly in concern from the other end of the line.

Hae Yeon snaps out of her dazed trance and replies to Baekhyun. "Byun Baekhyun? How did you get my number?"

"What are you talking about? Yah, you hit your head when you passed out, didn't you?"

"...You're speaking to me... you're not mad at me?" Hae Yeon asks hesitantly, did he forget what happened back in high school?

"Why would I not be speaking to you? I just texted you this morning." Baekhyun replies, baffled at Hae Yeon's weird questions. Hae Yeon quickly scrolls through her message history to confirm Baekhyun's words and, indeed, there is a lengthy chat history between the two. Hae Yeon finds the fact that she has absolutely no memory of these texts weird beyond words. 

"Baekhyun-ah, I can't speak right now. I'll call you back later." Hae Yeon tells him and immediately ends his call. She shakes her head to clear her mind, calm down, Lee Hae Yeon, just think- this must be happening for a reason. Hae Yeon racks her brain for a trigger that can explain this change in the present. She finally decides that it is best to give Stalker Oh a call. 

"Hae Yeon-si, I just left your car less than 10 minutes ago. Do you really miss me that much?" Sehun says, picking up after the second ring. 

"Things are different here. Was it something that I did when I went back?" Hae Yeon asks, ignoring Sehun's immature greeting. 

"Ah, I see you're already experiencing the typical aftereffects of time travel."

"But I didn't even do anything." Hae Yeon protests. Don’t fall in love with me, Hae Yeon remembers saying these words to Baekhyun, but she wasn't expecting the present to take a complete 180 degrees turn just from these measly words. 

"A simple change in behavior or words may not seem like anything, but these are things that can turn your life upside down." Sehun warns. "You're playing with time here, Hae Yeon-si, and I can guarantee you that it will only grow more unpredictable and dangerous as you continue." 

Sehun's words sinks into her. Hae Yeon may be able to go back in time and make different choices, but because of unforeseen variables there is no absolute that she will end up with what she is after. There is no telling in how her life may turn out. There is a possibility that Hae Yeon will return to a present rendered completely unrecognizable by her.

"Hae Yeon-si, are you still interested in going back?" Sehun asks the now silent Hae Yeon. If Hae Yeon wants to continue with this time travel charade, she has to be willing to put her career, success, wealth, and even her life on the line.

"I never back out of what I have started, Sehun-si." Hae Yeon answers with 100% certainty. She is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter