Confused

Soshi Special: A Christmas Mess

 

 

(╯°□°)╯READ ON MY LOVELY READERS!!

 

----

 

 

It was 4 a.m. Yuri was lying in bed for a really long time. Having been lying this way a year ago, she had enough experience to say she wouldn’t get any sleep this night.

 

Getting up, Yuri looked out the window. It was still dark though she could see some trace of sunlight breaking.

 

“Maybe some fresh air would make me feel better.” Yuri grabbed her jacket and began walking down the street.

 

The chilling air made Yuri shiver. Even with her jacket on, she couldn’t help but be cold.

 

“I can’t lose her…” Yuri breathed out, small puffs of air came out. “… Would it better to just let go?”

 

The silence was supposed to cool her off, to help clear her head and calm her thoughts. And yet, it did the exact opposite, she felt anger building inside of her.

 

“Let go. Can I really let go?” Yuri scoffed out a laugh, “Damn, it hurts.”

 

The silence didn’t last when sounds of men talking echoed down the streets. Yuri spotted them, at least five of them. Hearing their conversation, Yuri deduced that they were really drunk.

 

Yuri wondered if she should go another route or just walk by ignoring them. She wasn’t in the mood to deal with some b*stards slurring words. No thanks.

 

Yuri shoved her hands in her pocket and proceeded to peacefully continue her walk. However, one of those cows yelled.

 

“Hey, what’s a fine lady doing here at this time?”

 

Another one join in, “But becuz you’re here, we’ll show you a good time.”

 

And the rest of them laughed.

 

Idiots. Yuri had no intention of answering, so she confidently continued walking without reacting.

 

One of the cows whistled, “Ignoring us?” Judging from the tone, he was annoyed.

 

Yuri sighed. A big puff of air came out.

 

“Seems like she’s getting feisty. Let’s teach her a manly lesson.” One of them cracked his knuckles.

 

Yuri knew this wasn’t going to get resolved rationally.

 

One came in for a swing then another. Yuri dodged each punch easily. It was so straightforward, she would have to be an immobile object to get hit.

 

Yuri had no problem beating the crap out of them. She presumed it was easier than normal because of the drunken state they were in.

 

The men wore surprised looks when they saw Yuri kick one to the side of his head.

 

Smash

 

Yuri hissed as she felt a sharp pain that made her vision blur.

 

The assailant noticed Yuri stunned from the glass bottle shattering on her skull and aimed at her head again. However, Yuri blocked it just in time with an arm and kicked him away, sending him flying to the ground.

 

“That as*hole.” Yuri breathed heavily and touched her temple that had hot blood sliding down her face.

 

A sudden sharp pain graced her stomach. Although, the wound on her head was bleeding a lot, Yuri didn’t think it was that serious. Light concussion at most. And for her stomach – bruising.

 

“Guess I should head back, people are going to think I’m some zombie walking.” Yuri scowled at the man who didn’t hesitate to hit a girl with a bottle.

 

She walked away from the scene to head home.  Yuri lightly touched the cut on her skull and winced in pain. It was a deep cut and the blood was still blocking her view.

 

This wound was going to take a while to patch up.

 

--------

 

“Ugh.”

 

Yuri woke up feeling cold. Her place wasn’t, so it was obvious she was coming down with a fever with how hot her face was beginning to feel.

 

She got up to find some medications in her cupboards, but the ones she had were expired. It wasn’t common for her to get sick.

 

“Great. Just what I needed.” Yuri sighed and put on a coat, she needed to buy some new ones.

 

Yuri walked to the nearest convenient store, and to be honest, she didn’t know how long she’ll be able to walk for. Her steps were getting heavy.

 

The door jingled loudly upon every new customer, which Yuri noticed because it gave her a damn headache.

 

“Ah… There it is…” Yuri picked up the medicine and approached the counter.

 

As she was about to pay, Yuri turned around when she heard someone behind her dropped their bag. Yuri bent down to pick it up and return it to the rightful owner.

 

“Y-Yuri?”

 

Yuri stared in shock. “S-Sica?”

 

“What are you doing here so early?” Yuri asked, completely flustered and looked at her watch to distract herself. “You’re usually up in the next 4 hours.”

 

10:00am

 

Jessica ducked her head shyly, “Yeah… I wanted to surprise Taecyeon with lunch before he left for work.”

 

Yuri nodded weakly, not wanting to hear more of this.

 

Jessica took a glance at what Yuri was purchasing and then faced Yuri, “Medicine?”

 

Yuri quickly purchased her item, “Yeah. It’s not for me.”

 

“Who’s it for?”

 

“My neighbour.” Yuri masked her pounding head with a smile. “She was feeling ill so I offered to get her medicine.”

 

Jessica suddenly felt something churn inside her, she didn’t like it. “Girl, huh...?”

 

“What was that?” Yuri waited for Jessica at the door.

 

“N-Nothing.” Jessica suspected something strange with the way Yuri was moving and the lack of playfulness.

 

Vibrate.

 

“Eh?” Yuri lazily grabbed her phone and picked up the call.

 

“Yo.”

 

“What’s up?”

 

“Help me pick a gift for Tippany.” Taeyeon replied straightforwardly.

 

“Anything pink. You’re welcome.”

 

Just as Yuri was about to hang up, Taeyeon stopped her.

 

“Hey hey hey! I know that! Just come! I can’t decide what pink thing to get her.”

 

Yuri couldn’t say she didn’t want to join because she wasn’t feeling well. Mostly because Jessica was literally within hearing premises.

 

“Fine.”

 

“Who was that?” Jessica walked closely beside Yuri, unnecessarily close.

 

Although, Yuri was too concentrated on not passing out on the streets with her headache and heavy body. She was able to enjoy Jessica’s floral smell.

 

“Taeyeon.” Yuri said with a lot of effort. Her body was getting lethargic.

 

Jessica nodded, with a pout, slightly jealous for their relationship. The two had been walking for a while, which had Jessica curious.

 

“Are you following me?” Jessica teasingly asked.

 

“Don’t worry. I’m not a errted stalker.” Yuri snickered quietly, “My place happens to be on the way to your area too, remember? And besides, it wouldn’t be nice to let you walk alone in this hostile area.”

 

A tinge of pink hues blanketed her cheeks as she smiled to herself, “Suite yourself.”

 

Jessica took a right turn and went back into her apartment. She sneaked a peek behind her to say goodbye, but instead, she saw Yuri heading the opposite direction.

 

“Huh?” Jessica placed her hand on her chest as she felt like there was some big knot in her heart. “She…”

 

Yuri walked her home.

 

Jessica watched Yuri’s receding figure. Like she was actually losing her. Jessica was feeling something in her heart. Was her heart hurting? Guilt? Jessica wasn’t sure.

 

“Yuri…”

 

-----

 

“Where are we goin’?”

 

Yuri met Taeyeon across the street. Before Yuri left, she popped two caps and started gradually feeling better.

 

“The mall. Let’s go, I’ll drive.”

 

The two arrived at the mall, getting all the crowds head to turn and stare at their handsome faces and intriguing aura.

 

It was completely normal.

 

They entered a store. A familiar store perfectly fitted for a byun.

 

“Here it is!” Taeyeon grabbed the item off the rack. “Whaddya think?”

 

Taeyeon was holding a two piece lingerie that was sheer neon pink.

 

Yuri twitched at the sight. Truly blinding. She needed her sunglasses.

 

Yuri pointed at the tag and squinted, “Are Tiffany’s b*oobs really size DD?”

 

“To me they are!” Taeyeon smiled happily, way too happily.

 

Yuri placed a heavy hand on Taeyeon’s shoulder, while shaking her head. “Tiffany’s a size B at most. The would fit though.”

 

Taeyeon pouted, bringing up her item, sighing. “I suppose so.”

 

“Do you think she’ll like it?” Taeyeon asked like a child.

 

Yuri hummed, “It’s more for you isn’t it?”

 

Taeyeon chuckled guiltily, “You know me too well.”

 

The two finished paying at the cash register and began making their way out.

 

“Huh?” Yuri stopped Taeyeon. “Isn’t that Tiffany right there?”

 

Taeyeon faced the direction Yuri was and gasped. “She told me she was baking cupcakes with Jesshika!”

 

Taeyeon took out her byun binoculars.

 

“Why… Do you have those?” Yuri questioned unsurely.

 

“Don’t ask. Only results are important.” Taeyeon hushed her friend. “Hey, someone’s joining her!”

 

Taeyeon zoomed in.

 

“Jesshika?!”

 

Yuri’s ears perked, “Gimme that thing!”

 

“YAH!”

 

Yuri used her byun binoculars and saw it too. Jessica and Tiffany were hanging out.

 

“And she’s with some guy…” Yuri mumbled, but Taeyeon was able to hear her say it was the douchebag.

 

Taecyeon.

 

Yuri began to stare at the two of them, she noticed that Jessica was hugging his arm, acting all cute and crap.

 

The two of them laughed with Tiffany. But, Tiffany’s laugh was forceful and exaggerated that it was actually really funny to see.

 

She hated the guy too.

 

Taeyeon growled, “Is that douchebag trying to flirt with my mushroom?!”

 

Taeyeon rolled up her sleeves and began storming her way towards them.

 

Yuri caught Taeyeon by the back of her collar, reeling her backwards. “Not today.”

 

Taeyeon tried to put on a threatening facial expression, but it didn’t work on Yuri, since she still looked like a twelve year old.

 

“He needs to know that Tiffany’s taken!”  Taeyeon narrowed her look. “I’ll be making a grand entry.”

 

Yuri sighed and pointed at her bag, “If you go, she’ll see your present.”

 

Taeyeon blinked and looked at it. “Damn it! Hold on to it.”

 

Before Yuri knew it, the Victoria Secret bag was in her hand.

 

“I’ll be taking my Ppany back home! Wait for me here, Yul!”

 

Taeyeon approached the group with a smirk on her face. “Well, well, what do we have here?”

 

“T-TaeTae?” Tiffany clasped her hand over .

 

“Well, if it isn’t the weak shrimp?” Taecyeon looked down on her.

 

“Back at ya.”

 

---------

 

Yuri watched as Jessica seemed to be having a serious talk with Taecyeon, and from afar, Yuri was able to spot her blushing on her face. A few words were spoken and they locked lips. Her heart sank.

 

Yuri’s face began to heat up, anger started to erupt inside her. She cursed under her breath because she was extremely jealous and hurt. She was already having a fever and this hotness heat wasn’t helping her.

 

Yuri looked down, she had had enough. She felt her heart drop to her stomach. Yuri walked with heavy steps and leaned against a pillar, shoving her hands in her pocket. She hid her figure from her friends as she waited for Taeyeon to return with Tiffany.

 

Moments later, Yuri heard shouting and screaming in the direction they were at.

 

Yuri peered over and saw Taeyeon sprinting fiercely with Tiffany in hand. Random customers were victimized as they flying across the mall when being bulldozed by the oncoming couple.

 

“RUUUNNN YUYUUUUUUUUULL!”

 

Without a second thought, Yuri was running beside Taeyeon. She was laughing with Tiffany, proud of her baby.

 

Taeyeon was being a fine gentlewoman and being respectful to Jessica’s boyfriend, but Taecyeon, the d*ckhead he was, dissed Taeyeon for being short.

 

Insults to Taeyeon’s height does not end well with her when it comes to people she detested. Although she was small, she was insanely quick. He didn’t see anything coming, and by the time Taeyeon was gone, she had grabbed his drink and poured it all over his head.

 

Taeyeon grinned to her friends. “Let’s get outta here!!”

 

The three made their way into the parking lot to Taeyeon’s car. Yuri skillfully grabbed a passerby’s Target plastic bag to hide Taeyeon’s present for Tiffany and placed the bag in the trunk.

 

“You were so amazing and brave, TaeTae!” Tiffany was head over heels for her boo.

 

Taeyeon blushed madly, “That’s what they get for messing with me!”

 

Tiffany gave Taeyeon pecks on the lips and leaned back with an eye smile. “C’mon.”

 

The two enter the driver and passenger seat.

 

Shutting the trunk she made her way inside and cursed herself for feeling stupid. “I’m such a fool.”

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany noticed Yuri’s change of mood. She looked even more mad and heartbroken. Taeyeon sighed and revved her engine.

 

“Let’s head back to my place.”

 

Yuri didn’t respond and simply gazed out the window. Taeyeon started to see Yuri’s eyes glistening from her frustrated tears.

 

Yuri’s luck was beginning to run out. Her vision was getting all unfocused and she spaced out in short intervals, as if she was about to faint. In the background, she could hear Taeyeon going off on how se*xy Tiffany looked in whatever she does.

 

Everything started turning black and her body began to feel numb.

 

Yuri tried to focus her energy on trying to stay awake, long enough to get in her own condo. If she couldn’t rely on her legs carrying her anymore, there was still her horribly pounding head. The fever got even worse from the events today.

 

They finally arrived.

 

Yuri quickly got out, which put Tiffany and Taeyeon’s attention on her.

 

“You okay, Yuri?” Tiffany asked worriedly.

 

Yuri smiled as usual, “Y-Yeah… Though I think I could use some rest now.”

 

Everything began to ache, to get hazy: her thoughts, her steps, the background sounds.

 

She couldn’t even perceive that someone was calling her name. The only thing was falling and hurting more than ever.

 

“Yuri!”

 

-----

 

“What?” Jessica shouted on the phone. She continued her conversation while gathering all her things.

 

“I’m coming, Tiff! I’m heading over right now!” Jessica bolted out the door and stepped on her gas pedal.

 

Jessica knew there was something wrong with Yuri, she knew the moment she saw her this morning when she gave her a strange smile. And the careful and heavy way she moved, her slow responses, and lack of playfulness.

 

“You’re so blind, Jess.” Jessica murmured to herself. How could she miss Yuri’s lost expression?  The façade to hide how she was feeling.

 

Jessica was so caught up with Taecyeon, she totally lost her ability to notice how Yuri was. Her best friend Yuri, who was usually strong and hyper. She just couldn’t believe that she didn’t catch that there could be something wrong.

 

“Yuri!” Jessica stormed into her condo. Taeyeon and Tiffany’s had left the door unlocked for her to enter.

 

“Yuri!” Jessica cried, rushing throughout the place, towards Yuri’s bedroom.

 

Jessica was met with Taeyeon and Tiffany’s worried looks. She saw Yuri lying on the bed with a towel on her forehead.

 

Jessica rushed to her side, “Yuri?”

 

Jessica didn’t get a response from her, Yuri was unconscious.

 

Jessica placed her hand on Yuri’s cheek and gasped, “Her fever is so high!”

 

Taeyeon ran off somewhere and came back with ice packs and another wet towel, placing them beside Jessica.

 

Jessica was so concerned and nervous while wiping her face with the cold towel. “C’mon Yuri… You’re not the type to get this sick. Please be okay.”

 

Jessica replaced the towel on her forehead with an ice cold one. And that’s when all of them noticed a poorly done band aid under her bangs.

 

“W-What happened…?” Jessica was scared. The last time she saw Yuri like this was when her and Taecyeon brawled.

 

Meanwhile, Taeyeon knelt beside Jessica and checked Yuri’s condition. “Her pulse is slow. Her breathing seems oddly rushed and shallow.”

 

Jessica looked horribly scared, and when Taeyeon returned a look, she said, “This doesn’t seem like your simple cold.”

 

“What… What should we do?” Jessica whispered, as she held Yuri’s hand underneath the blankets.

 

“For now, let her rest.” Taeyeon stood up. “I live across the street from her so I’ll check up on her.”

 

Jessica shook her head, “I’ll stay. Let me take care of her.”

 

“But Jes-“

 

"Please." Jessica pleaded sternly.

 

Tiffany held Taeyeon’s hand, squeezing it as if she was communicating something. Taeyeon caught on and gave her a nod.

 

“Alright, Jesshika. I trust you can take care of her.” Taeyeon began making her way out of the room. “I’ll still be coming over though.”

 

Tiffany followed suite with her leaving words, “Take care of her, Jessi.”

 

“No problem.” Jessica nodded as the couple saw their way out. Jessica was way too worried to leave Yuri’s side.

 

Now, that Jessica saw her from close up after a long time since she came back, she noticed some things that she failed to notice before.  Those horrible bags under her alluring eyes. Her pale complexion. She looked like she hasn’t slept for weeks.

 

“Yuri…” Jessica’s heart hurt. How could she not see this? What kind of friend would not see something this important?

 

With every new towel on Yuri’s forehead, Jessica would replace Yuri’s bandage on her forehead. It was no longer those Mickey Mouse band aids, it was a bandage for more serious injuries.

 

“Seriously, Yul…” Jessica whispered, while gently placing an ice pack on top of the towel she placed on Yuri’s forehead. “What were you thinking, going around with that high fever?”

 

Jessica brought her hand up and rub Yuri’s cheek tenderly, “Why won’t you talk to me like before anymore…”

 

Jessica hope she would find out soon on what happened to Yuri. The more she thought, a sudden realization occurred and she widened her eyes slightly.

 

“No… You couldn’t have…” Jessica lifted up Yuri’s blanket and gazed down in worry.

 

Jessica felt something strange and lifted Yuri’s shirt. And to her horror, she saw a massive bruise painted on Yuri’s abs.

 

“…Yuri.” Jessica felt so guilty, so much that she wanted to simply hug Yuri’s pain away.

 

Yuri was an important friend. And yet, she never realized that she was going through this.

 

“I’ll take care of you, Yuri.” Jessica stood up and made her way out the room.

 

-----

 

KYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA >//////////<