Separation

Soshi Special: A Christmas Mess

 

ლ(・ิω・ิლ) ~  I came prepared. Quenching that yulsic thirst. Leave a comment or two, or three, maybe four. Subscribe if you pity me. Vote if you're feeling nice today.

 

Happy reading lol =)

 

…………….

 

 

After Yuri left them, the table filled with a nasty silence, aside from Jessica’s sniffing and Tiffany’s comforting words.

 

Taeyeon exhaled a deep sigh, “We should go.”

 

Taeyeon looked at both Tiffany and Jessica. “It’s cold out, let me take you two home.”

 

Tiffany nodded as she placed a hand over Jessica’s shoulder, walking with the girl while they followed suite to Taeyeon’s car.

 

Taeyeon opened the car door for the two girls in the back and then to the driver’s seat. All was heard was the car’s engine revving throughout the drive home.

 

Taeyeon would occasionally glance at her mirror to see how the girls were doing. And sure enough, they had fallen asleep.

 

Taeyeon parked the car in front of Tiffany’s house and turned around. “Still sleeping.”

 

Taeyeon checked her phone.

 

No messages.

 

Yuri wasn’t okay.

 

In the middle of texting a message, Taeyeon heard a yawn behind her.

 

She peered back and met eyes with the woken Tiffany. “TaeTae...?”

 

“Rise and shine. We’re at your house.”

 

Tiffany rubbed her eyes groggily, which made Taeyeon fixed with butterflies because it was insanely cute.

 

“How long were you parked here?”

 

“About 40 minutes.” Taeyeon answered.

 

“Oh my gosh! Why didn’t you wake us up?!” Tiffany leaned forward towards the driver’s seat.


Taeyeon’s ears reddened from the sudden close proximity. Thank goodness it was dark, because her face was flushed.

 

“W-Well… The last time I woke Jessica up, I almost died.” Taeyeon whispered while she pointed to the sleeping brunette.

 

Tiffany nodded tiredly, “Riiight Riight.”

 

“Anyway, she’s going to stay over with me tonight.” Tiffany sighed as she watched the girl sleep peacefully.

 

Tiffany glanced at Taeyeon and gave a weak smile. “Hope Yuri’s okay…”

 

Taeyeon answered back with her own forced smile. “Likely not.”

 

Tiffany gave another sigh as she unbuckled Jessica’s seatbelt.

 

“Taeyeon can you carry her to my roo-”

 

Taeyeon was already out of the car, opening the backdoor to do so.

 

Tiffany smiled watching her take care of Jessica, “Thanks Taeyeon.”

 

After settling into Tiffany’s room, Tiffany gave Taeyeon a goodbye hug and her apologies for the dramatic night.

 

Taeyeon hugged back and shrugged, “Part of life, I suppose.”

 

“Take care of Jesshika.” Taeyeon said with her last words before leaving the house.

 

Tiffany sadly watched Jessica sleep, “What are we going to do…”
 

……………
 

 

When Yuri finally went inside her home, she slammed the door behind her. Walking to the bathroom, she looked at herself in the mirror. Her reflection was painful; it showed a grown, beautiful girl who was broken, eyes that were red and b with unfallen tears.

 

“I’m just your friend.” Yuri confessed her anger.

 

Why can’t you be happy for me?

 

Yuri clenched her fists and beat the counter below her, “I hate this… I hate this.”

 

The one man who stole Jessica’s heart, she hated him for stepping back into her life, she hated herself for proving to Jessica that she didn’t need him.

 

But most of all, Yuri hated herself for still wanting Jessica; finding her the most marvelous girl she had ever laid eyes on. Yet, the type of love she felt was not returned.

 

“So lame…” Yuri hung her head heavily, “…I loved her first.”

 

……..

 

Jessica’s eyes fluttered open when she felt something vibrate.

 

“What the…”

 

Jessica stretched and rolled over trying to look for her phone, only to realize she was surrounded by pink.

 

“Tiff?” Jessica whispered, thinking the younger girl was around.

 

Jessica slowly and quietly got out of bed, questioning how she ended up in Tiffany’s bedroom.

 

“JESSSSSSSSSI!”

 

The pink door of Tiffany’s slammed open.

 

Jessica jumped with fright and yelled at the girl, “God! There are other ways to enter you know?”

 

Jessica resumed looking for her phone which was vibrating endlessly.

 

“Looking for this?” Tiffany picked up the phone from the ground. And as she was about to hand it over, she paused and stared at the screen.

 

Taecyeon

 

Tiffany automatically rolled her eyes in disgust and answered, “If you’re looking for Jessica, she’s at the strip club.”

 

“Tiff!” Jessica exclaimed, reaching for her phone.

 

Tiffany acted like she was puking when she watched Jessica speak to Taecyeon.

 

“Hey, honey… -insert cute giggle- … Yes, I’d love to. Bye see you soon.” Jessica bit her lip and hung up.

 

“And what was that all about?” Tiffany asked skeptically.

 

Jessica blushed as she spoke, “Taecyeon is taking me on a date on Christmas Eve.”

 

Tiffany raised her eyebrow, “What about the party with Yuri and Taeyeon?”

 

Scenes of last night flooded her as she remembered the argument.

 

“About the party… Maybe it would be better if… ” Jessica trailed on.

 

Tiffany cut her off, “-No, don’t even think about not showing. You have to go. You and Yuri need to fix this.”

 

Jessica sighed deeply, “She isn’t happy for me that I have a boyfriend…”

 

“It’s not that she’s unhappy that you have a boyfriend, Jess.” Tiffany pointed out clearly. “She’s unhappy because of who your boyfriend is.”

 

“How can I fix that?”

 

Tiffany sighed heavily, her bangs fluttering up. “I don’t know! I’m not a fairy godmother! You two are best friends’, figure it out!”

 

Tiffany yelled impatiently and fished out her phone. She pressed one button and put the phone to her ear.

 

“Taetae, where are you?”

 

Chillin’ in Sooyoung’s trash condo.”

 

“YAAAAHHHH PHBBEET-“

 

“Get … Off me! Can’t you see I’m on the phone!!”

 

“Is…She there?” Tiffany heard heavy breathing from the other line, Sooyoung must be giving her a hard time.

 

“Yes.”

 

“I’m coming boo.”

 

Tiffany shut her phone and grabbed Jessica by the arm, dragging her out the house and to the car.

 

“I REFUSE TO SEE YOUR FRIENDSHIP WITH YURI BE RUINED! IT HAPPENED ONCE AND IT DAMN WILL MAY HAPPEN AGAIN!”

 

Jessica pulled away from Tiffany. “I don’t want to see her.”

 

“How can you say th-“

 

“Yuri doesn’t care about what I feel! She doesn’t care that I’ve found happiness, she doesn’t care that she hurt me… She doesn’t care about me anymore.”

 

Tiffany asked with worry and sadness, “Do you really think that is how Yuri is now?”

 

“You clearly missed it last night.” Jessica countered.

 

Tiffany grabbed Jessica’s wrist again, “Let’s confirm that right now. Yuri is in Sooyoung’s place and you can stamp all that you’ve said about her there.”

 

“T-Tiff!” Jessica argued but eventually gave up, due to the persistent girl.

 

Tiffany got into the driver’s seat mumbled to herself as she drove, “And here I was looking forward to going back to old times…”

 

………..

 

 

Yuri arrived at the doorstep of Sooyoung’s place alone.  She stayed up the entire night trying to clear her thoughts of Jessica and Taecyeon together.

 

“Assuming you got the toothpick’s message?” Taeyeon said, carrying bags of food.

 

Yuri nodded towards Taeyeon with a blank look. She lifted up her phone with the screen displaying.

 

~

Message from:
Bottomless Trashcan

 

Hey friendzzz come to my beautiful condo tomorrow!! Y’all need to see my place before it gets decorated into pure Christmas elegance!!!

 

–Insert unnecessary amount of Christmas emoji’s-

 

Love,

 

Sooyoung

 

P.S. byun midget bring lots of food. I knw you gots da $$$$

 

~


Taeyeon chuckled and shook her head. This was her second time today at Sooyoung’s place. After her phone call with Tiffany the shikshin actually made her leave and buy food.

 

Taeyeon sighed at Yuri and asked with worry.  “You okay? You look roughed up.”

 

“No, I’m fine. Just thinking a lot.” Yuri replied miserably, her persona exuding exhaustion.

 

Taeyeon sighed and smiled slightly, “This feels like déjà vu.”

 

“I second that.” Yuri said in a quiet voice. “It’s quite cruel to love someone who won’t love you back.”

 

Taeyeon placed her hand on Yuri’s shoulder, “If everything repeats like last time, rest assure I’ll still be here to help you take him down.”

 

“I hope we won’t have to encounter that again.” Yuri chuckled nervously as she recalled the violence that broke out between the two.

 

“Are you sure you’re okay?”

 

Yuri turned to enter the condo, “I’ll manage.”

 

“Yuri-ah! TaeTae!”

 

The two spun around to see Tiffany dragging a trudging Jessica.

 

“Sica…” Yuri whispered to herself. “Why are they here?”

 

Taeyeon glanced at her friend, “If you want to stay friends, take a different approach. Don’t be so aggressive.”

 

"Tae... Really. I don't have the heart to face her right now."

 

"Well, she's here. You gotta do something with yourself." Taeyeon said before leaving her alone.

 

Yuri gazed at Jessica who was walking towards her. 

 

“Yuri...” Jessica approached the girl hesitatingly. She noticed how worn out Yuri looked.

 

Yuri dropped her gaze and looked away, “Hey…”

 

Somewhere in Yuri’s heart, she knew that if someone were able to take it, it’d only be Jessica.

 

“Yuri… I …”

 

“WELCOME WELCOME!! COME ON IN!! HEY YOU’RE TESSICA!” Sooyoung waved her hand earnestly for them to enter.

 

“Te…Tessica…” Jessica let out a short disbelieving laugh and shook her head.

 

“Let’s go inside.” Yuri said plainly.

 

Jessica reached out her hand for Yuri, only to have the girl turn away, leaving her hand dropping by her side.

 

“Yuri...”

 

“I’m fine.” Yuri’s answer was quick and rushed. And in Jessica’s experience with her, that usually meant that Yuri was being untruthful.

 

“Don’t lie to me.” Jessica’s voice was a bit harsh, but laced with concern.

 

Yuri winced when she heard Jessica speak in that way.

 

Yuri sighed, and Jessica knew that the uneasiness had found them once again. “Look, Sica… What happened yesterday… I just... I’m sorry.”

 

Jessica decided to ask the question that had been on her mind. She faced Yuri timidly. “Do you… Do you hate me?”

 

Yuri’s cold eyes softened, despite her aching heart. “I could never hate you.”

 

The absolute horror had occurred to Yuri. The horror of losing Jessica because she was stupid enough to fall in love with her.

 

Yuri stepped into the house with Jessica following behind. Things have gotten complicated. Yuri considered if it would be easier to hate the one she loved to move on, but that idea was laughable.

 

“Do you genuinely love him?” Yuri turned to ask.

 

“I like him.” Jessica was avoiding the question without realizing.

 

“That’s not what I asked.” The tension was thick between the two best friends as they both were staring at each other with mix feelings of confusion and anger.

 

“He’s good for me.” Jessica was answering intently.

 

Yuri protested bitterly. “I don’t think he’s good for you.”

 

Taken aback, Jessica stared at Yuri’s alluring eyes and felt a pang in her heart. “He treats me well, Yuri.”

 

Yuri remained silent. The pain was piercing her heart. Something was wrong with the atmosphere, as if there was a thick wall between the two of them.

 

Yuri casted her eyes off to the side, and after a moment of silence, Yuri faced her. “Are you sure this time?”

 

Jessica quirked her eyebrow and offered a smile. “I’m sure.”

 

The life- truth sunk deep into Yuri, eroding her heart.

 

A sigh shuddered out of Yuri. “I hold you very close to my heart, Sica, closer than I think is safe.”

 

Jessica felt the same as she did about their relationship, but at the same time, knowing how unrealistic it would be for them to cling onto their past. Jessica walked up to Yuri and held her hand.

 

Yuri felt the small, soft hand, intertwine with her own.

 

“Don’t ever change, Yuri.” Jessica lifted her head to look at her.

 

Yuri refused to meet Jessica’s gaze, as if keeping her eyes from meeting Jessica’s took away from the intimacy of the moment.

 

“Things change, Sica.” Yuri lowered her head to the side, casting it away from Jessica. “Even us.”

 

Jessica’s eyes lingered on her, tilting her head in confusion. “They don’t have to.”

 

A gust of wind breezed by the two of them, and Jessica shivered, realizing the two have been talking with the door opened.  

 

Jessica lifted her hands and grabbed Yuri on both sides of her face, forcing her to look directly into her own. Yuri was indeed handsome, she admitted unknowingly to herself.

 

“I get it. I understand there might be a time where we can’t be the same as we were back then, and that’s the way the life is. People change, Yuri, even you and I. But, we don’t always have to.”

 

Jessica continued to stare at Yuri, but when Yuri said nothing in response, she felt Yuri shift and lean past her.

 

“But, I hate seeing you so unhappy.” Yuri whispered, barely audible and shut the door that was making the both of them cold.

 

“Y-Yuri.” Jessica let go of Yuri’s face.

 

Yuri felt even worse than before and bit her lip to supress her emotions. “I’m only trying to protect you, so why?”

 

Jessica faced Yuri, the only emotion Yuri could distinguish from her was surprised.

 

“I don’t want you to get hurt because of me.” Jessica’s voice was soft. “You can be so much happier…”

 

Yuri paused. She was in a daze, a deep thought upon Jessica’s comment. “Let’s… Let’s go where it’s warmer.”

 

Yuri turned and walked down the hallway with Jessica walking closely behind. What hurt her more was seeing her happy with someone else other than her.

 

Yuri noticed Jessica being close to her and made a quick turn to another room.

 

“Yu-“

 

“Washroom.” Yuri shut the door.

 

At this point, Jessica wanted to cry. She rested her forehead against the door with her heart feeling heavier and heavier the longer she waited.

 

“Don’t be like this, Yuri-ah…” Jessica whispered sadly, as she walked away. She hated what was happening before her eyes. She knew that every second that Yuri spent with her, that she would begin to drift away from her; slowly but painfully.

 

Moments later, Yuri saw Jessica’s shadow leave and opened the door. Finding herself alone, Yuri leaned back on a wall and looked up to the ceiling, closing her eyes.

 

Yuri sighed heavily. “I’m not… I’m not strong enough this time.”

 

Yuri made her way to the living room and watched Jessica detach from her without a word to stand with Tiffany and Taeyeon. Tiffany was overflowing with emotions towards Taeyeon. It would be a lie to say Yuri wasn’t a little bit envious of that. Actually, she hurt more than she envied.

 

Sooyoung gathered everyone closely and introduced her girlfriend, Sunny, to all her friends. Sunny was a shorty, so it naturally made the couple look compatible.

 

Yuri nudged Taeyeon, “Hey, look at her, Sooyoung’s all lovey dove, I’m getting the creeps.”

 

Taeyeon mumbled with a gross expression, “She’s so in love, the space around her has pink hearts bubbling out.”

 

Yuri shivered with the creeps, “What’s with all the mumbling she’s doing?”

 

“Maybe she found a religion. But, then again, she's Satan, so possibly not.” Taeyeon slowly turned to tiptoe away.

 

Yuri chuckled a little and her gaze somehow found its way to Jessica again. Jessica seemed to be smiling casually at her phone.

 

The cause of her happiness was obviously someone that wasn’t her.

 

Yuri’s heart wouldn’t stop aching, so she whispered to Sooyoung.  “Hey, I’m actually gonna head out.”

 

Sooyoung frowned. “But, you just got here!”

 

“Yeah…Sorry…” Yuri scratched the back of her head. “We’ll do this again Christmas Eve?”

 

Sooyoung ruffled Yuri’s hair. “You better not leave early!!”

 

Yuri chuckled tiredly. “Do I ever?”

 

“Nope! Unless you’re ditching me for a girl…?” Sooyoung questioned, raising an eyebrow.

 

Yuri waved her off. “Nah. Just a rough week.”

 

“Alright.” Sooyoung walked Yuri to the door exit.

 

The girls watched Sooyoung and Yuri chat for a bit, until Sooyoung led her to the door.

 

“Where’s Yuri going?” Tiffany asked Taeyeon, which caused Jessica’s ears to perk.

 

After having Yuri gave her no attention, Jessica walked depressingly to the girls. She simply sat there and paid no care to the chatter around her. Jessica was in no mood to be in an environment full of people.

 

Sooyoung approached the girls with a sad look, “Yuri bounced.”

 

Taeyeon sighed and looked at the closed door, contemplating whether it’d be better to go after her or stay here with her potential lover.

 

Bros before hoes.

 

“I’ll go wit-“

 

Before Taeyeon finished, a breeze zipped by them all, leaving a trail of light floral scents.

 

“Jessica??” Sooyoung said loudly, watching her door shut for the second time.

 

Taeyeon felt a tug on her shirt and faced the girl who asked for her attention.

 

“They’ll figure it out.” Tiffany whispered loud enough for only Taeyeon to hear.

 

Taeyeon stared at Tiffany for a moment before sitting down. “I hope so…”

 

………
 

“God… Stupid Yuri.” Jessica walked briskly, hoping to catch up to the girl.

 

Jessica stopped at an intersection and sighed. “Which way did she go…?”

 

She stood there on the corner and glanced up at the orange sky, it was closing in to the evening already.

 

Sighing, she pulled out her phone. Not one text or call from Yuri.  Jessica twitched, upset and annoyed at the empty feeling she was now getting over texts and calls. Yuri would usually be the first and last person to text her every day. But, that was before.

 

Before this all happened.

 

“Aish!” Jessica began her stroll abruptly and stepped off the curb.

 

BEEEEEEEEEP

 

…………

 

OMO JAASSSICAAAA!!

 

Thanks for reading =) <3