Strange Behaviour

Soshi Special: A Christmas Mess

 

ლ(・ิω・ิლ) ~  Yay weekend! What a great time to update and spread the yulsic love. If there are any suggestions or advices you have for me or want me to work on just holla.

 

Anyway, happy reading. Subscribe, comment, vote, do whatever you like. (:

 

…………

 

“Watch out!”

 

Jessica stumbled back, as someone grabbed a hold of her arms. Her stumbling caused the other person to fall back and have her land right on top of the other person.

 

She then heard a groan below her with their shaky hand on her slender back for support.

 

Jessica realized that the person below her was in pain. Her eyes widened in complete shock for other reasons too.

 

“Ouch…”

 

Jessica’s eyes still fixed wide on her best friend, their faces merely inches from each other. Unknowingly, she blushed madly from the intimate position.

 

“Yuri!” Jessica quickly got off of Yuri’s body and helped the girl sit up.

 

Yuri rubbed the back of her head and stared at Jessica, before she asked in a slight panic. “What were you doing walking without looking both ways??”

 

“Yu-“

 

“You need to be more careful!” Yuri almost yelled, and soon her voice quieted down. “What would’ve happened if I didn’t find you in time? Something serious could have happened to you and no one was around to help you.”

 

“Yuri…“

 

Yuri looked away, who had worry all over her face. She was trying. Trying to move on, but how can she  move on when it was their best friend whom she had fallen in love with?

 

Jessica noticed Yuri’s closeness with her was slowly fading away which made her voice timid. “I-I’ll be more careful…”

 

Yuri and Jessica stayed in their position for a while without any words spoken after. More so, because of Yuri closing her heart.

 

Yuri started off and held Jessica’s hand to help her to stand up. “Uhm… Here.”

 

Jessica raised her brow at her when Yuri hadn’t continued. The short pause allowed Jessica to see Yuri in full view.

 

“Yuri! You’re bleeding!” Jessica gently grasped onto Yuri’s arm.

 

CRAP. Yuri covered her nose. “I-I… No—No your body just- I mean- It got me excited.”

 

Jessica laughed at Yuri being all nervous. “Your arm you idiot.”

 

Yuri had scrapped it roughly when Jessica landed on top of her.

 

“Eh?” Yuri glanced down. But, instead of looking at her wound, she stared at Jessica.

 

“How perfectly normal of you.” Jessica laughed and shook her head.

 

Yuri blinked in realization with her face flushed with embarrassment.

 

Jessica quirked her cute eyes towards her, “Hey…”

 

Yuri’s heart was thumping so hard she couldn’t think.

 

“It’s fine.” Yuri carefully lifted Jessica’s locked fingers off her arm.

 

“I’m heading home anyway. I’ll fix it up then.”

 

“Let me help. It was completely my fault… If only I wasn’t so careless…” Jessica looked guilty.

 

Yuri turned her back to Jessica and saw Jessica’s face lowered. Even if Jessica wasn’t in her line of sight, her mere presence was making her fail at detaching herself from her.

 

“Something’s wrong, though.” Jessica murmured.

 

Yuri remained silent for a few seconds before carefully answering- carefully lying. “Nothing’s wrong.”

 

Jessica shook her head sadly. How strange she could feel her heart hurting when she’s with Yuri. “Why won’t you tell me what’s bothering you?”

 

“I said nothing’s wrong.”

 

“I don’t believe you.”

 

Yuri lowered her head and stared hard at the ground, then softly whispered in a hushed voice. “Just… Just drop it, Sica. There’s nothing you can do to fix it.”

 

“I can try.” Jessica said courageously.

 

“You can’t, Sica…” Yuri said in a defeated tone, finishing her sentence with something almost inaudible. “Not with what’s happening…”

 

“Yuri?” Jessica called out, not catching what Yuri had said.

 

Yuri had her back facing Jessica. She slightly angled her head to answer. “N-Nevermind… What are you doing out here? You should be inside with the others.”

 

“I suddenly… Didn’t feel like being in there….” Jessica said, almost too quiet.

 

Yuri sighed, thinking her reason was because her boyfriend wasn’t there with her.

 

“You should’ve brought him then.” Yuri’s voice was covered in jealousy and dejection.

 

Jessica shook her head with her eyebrows furrowed. “I don’t need that kind of baggage to a party full of girls.”

 

Yuri’s firm frown suddenly curved into a slight smile, Jessica’s expression was too adorable to pass up.

 

“So…” Yuri began.

 

Jessica tilted her head cutely. So cutely, that Yuri’s butterflies that were locked in a container fluttered open.

 

Yuri loved it and hated it. She missed it and hated it. That’s why she needs to stay away. But right now, she’ll try to control her romantic feelings.

 

Yuri stuck out her hand, staring at the girl still sitting on the ground.

 

“Do you plan on sleeping on the streets?” Yuri asked while looking away.

 

Jessica smiled softly and held it. Yuri pulled her up and they settled beside each other.

 

Once Jessica was on her two feet, Yuri let go of her hand reluctantly and began to walk.

 

“Going home?” Yuri raised her eyebrow.

 

Jessica skipped short steps to catch up to Yuri, “I-….”

 

Yuri peered to the side, looking at Jessica curiously.

 

“To be honest…You left the party early, so I didn't feel like staying either...” Jessica clung onto Yuri’s arm like she always did.

 

“I see.” Yuri’s persona suddenly became stoic.

 

Jessica noticed Yuri becoming cold towards her again, “Yuri, seriously, what’s going on with you?”

 

Yuri faced forward, “I don’t know what you mean. I feel normal.”

 

Jessica huffed, “This isn’t like yo-“

 

“-So, you heading home?” Yuri cut her off. “’Cus that’s where I’m going.”

 

Jessica puffed her cheeks upsettingly, “No. I don’t want to.”

 

“And why’s that?”

 

“Taecyeon’s there.”

 

“Isn’t that a good thing?” Yuri asked suspiciously.

 

Jessica frowned at the thought. “When I told him I was going to see everyone he became immature and petty… So, we got into an argument…”

 

“That isn’t like you. You wrap men around your little finger.” Yuri’s words were quite playful, she was still unsure of herself.  “And you know why.”

 

Jessica gasped a squeal and slapped Yuri’s arm. “Compatibility is more important than my boo*bs, you know.”

 

Yuri walked up towards her, while Jessica wondered what Yuri was doing. Yuri whispered, “Not the ones you have.”

 

Yuri embraced Jessica with one arm around Jessica’s shoulders and slapped her left boo*b. Jessica was shocked.

 

"P-P-Perrv!!"

 

Unknowingly to Jessica, her face was blushing.

 

“Let’s go.” Yuri then walked away quickly, shocked at what came over her to do that to Jessica. How daring she was at that moment.

 

Jessica lowered her head, staring onto the ground, and muttered, “Perrverrted idiot…”

 

While Jessica was in her own wonderland, Yuri was already in the far, far distance.

 

Jessica turned red from anger and embarrassment as she began to chase after Yuri.

 

 “Stupid, Yuri! You dummy! Wait for me!”

 

…………..

 

 

“We’re here.”

 

Jessica trailed behind Yuri and rested her hands on her knees, panting with irritation on her face.

 

“YAH! If there’s a pretty girl around, you’re supposed to her nicely!”

 

“But, I was escorted nicely.” Yuri smirked, grabbing her house keys as she entered.

 

“Hmph.” Jessica crossed her arms as she entered Yuri’s home.

 

Yuri’s home was your typically young adult penthouse. Very modernized and clean.

 

“You moved?” Jessica walked in like a kid in the candy store. Jessica hadn’t been to Yuri’s new place since she left. It was truly a huge upgrade since the last time.

 

Yuri placed her things on the kitchen table. “Yeah, not too long ago. The old homeowner sold it for cheap because it was haunted.”

 

“WH-WHAT?” Jessica immediately jumped and hugged the front of Yuri’s body.

 

Yuri stiffened from the contact. She blinked multiple times after collecting herself and returned with a warm hug, “I’m just kidding.”

 

Jessica tilted her head upwards and pushed Yuri off; she huffed. “Not funny.”

 

“Do you live on your own?”

 

“Yeah.” Yuri gazed down, meeting Jessica’s orbs then quickly looking away.

 

Jessica pouted with her eyebrows slanted upwards. “Don’t you feel lonely?”

 

Yuri pursed her lips in thought. Of course I do. Because I can’t live together with you.

 

“Sometimes, I guess. But, it’s only a passing thought. I have Taeyeon across the street to hang out with anyway, so there’s no need making a fuss about it.” Yuri shrugged impassively.

 

Jessica’s gaze lingered on her. No one was here for her. Yuri only had herself to count on. She had to be independent. It made Jessica sad that Yuri didn’t care if Taeyeon was her only company while everyone else lived in different parts of the world.

 

Yuri asked lowly while she nudged Jessica, “Sica? You’re being awfully sile-“

 

Jessica cut her off as she embraced her, squeezing her tight. She didn’t know why, but she felt the need of hugging Yuri right at that moment.

 

“If you ever get lonely… I’m here for you…You can always call me, so you won’t have to be lonely anymore.” Jessica shyly admitted.

 

This was why Yuri could never detach herself from loving Jessica. Although, Jessica was the blunt and violent type of person, she always had this caring side that would have her fall in love over and over again.

 

This was the reason why she needed to bury her feelings and after what’s happened, she should have learned her lesson.

 

“I know...” Yuri croaked nervously, she was caught off guard, though she shouldn’t have since this was something to be expected from Jessica.

 

She leaned lower and whispered, “It’ll be less scary with company in this haunted house.”

 

“WHAT! YOU SAID-“

 

Smiling, Yuri patted Jessica’s soft hair. “Got ya.”

 

Jessica huffed and slid her arms off Yuri’s torso, but not without leaving a mark for scaring her.

 

“Ouch!” Yuri caressed her stomach where Jessica pinched her.

 

Jessica walked off feeling a bit red in the cheeks. Yuri’s stomach didn’t have much flab to twist, not as much as last time, which lead to Jessica thinking Yuri must have some nice abs hidden underneath.

 

Jessica approached a table along the wall with frames of photos. She picked one up and smiled.

 

It was a picture of herself and Yuri covered in cake. It was her birthday, and Yuri, being the prankster she was, decided to push Jessica’s face deep into the cake; resulting in a dessert battle.

 

“Fun times.”

 

Jessica reminisced at it for so long that she hadn’t notice Yuri standing beside her.

 

Jessica leaned her head on Yuri’s shoulder and giggled heavenly, “Tiffany was super mad at us. She said the cake was expensive and had to drive to another city to buy it for me.”

 

Yuri laughed upon remembering the angered look she had. “And then Taeyeon shut her whining by shoving a piece of cake into .”

 

Jessica covered and laughed hard at the memory.

 

Yuri watched Jessica laugh happily.  So happily that it made her wish that she could make her laugh like this, watch her like this, more than just a friend.

 

This was becoming twice as hard and hurting twice as much.

 

“Oh?” Jessica felt her phone vibrate.

 

Taecyeon

 

“Excuse me, Yul.”

 

Yuri saw who was on the caller ID and sighed. How painful it was to have to deal with this every single day, pretending to be happy for her, when in reality she was heartbroken.

 

While Yuri’s mind was wandering, she hadn’t realize Jessica was back from her phone call with a first aid kit.

 

“Is everything alright with you and him?” Yuri said with the upmost struggle.

 

Jessica held Yuri’s hand first and led them both to the living room couch.

 

Jessica settled extremely close to Yuri, leaving their thighs touching. She sighed and opened up the kit like it was a routine.

 

“More or less.” Jessica grabbed the alcohol bottle and a cotton pad. “He said he was staying out late and wouldn’t know when he’ll be home.”

 

“What’s he doing?” Yuri inquired. Jessica wore a sad look, which made Yuri feel protective.

 

“He didn’t exactly say.” Jessica sighed. “It’s probably work related like he would always end up telling me.”

 

Yuri looked to the side, “Sounds like something he’s said before.”

 

Jessica looked at Yuri and knew she wasn’t accepting this behaviour from him. “I’ll believe him this time.”

 

Yuri shook her head and leaned back on the couch. Jessica was getting the medicines ready and once she was done, she placed her hand on Yuri’s collar.

 

Yuri stared slightly wide eyed at Jessica. “S-Sica?”

 

“Your wound.” Jessica began to take Yuri’s jacket off.

 

“I-I can take it off myself.” Yuri gulped and slid her jacket off.

 

Jessica noticed Yuri’s been working out. Her arms were more toned and firm than she last saw her, which increased Jessica’s attraction towards her.

 

Jessica quickly shook the thought out of her head and looked Yuri dead in the eye, “Now, don’t do anything funny.”

 

“Wh-Why would I ever think of doing such a thing?” Yuri became incredibly nervous from the simple action Jessica made on her.

 

 “‘Cus you know I can get clumsy on how much alcohol I pour into this pad.” Jessica said evilly, almost too evilly.

 

"I-I can do it myself. It's nothing personal." Yuri rasped out nervously. "I just don't want to trouble you."

 

"Oh..." Jessica paused, but shook her head and continued started patting Yuri’s bloody wound. “But, I want to, so it doesn't bother me.”

 

"Still..."

 

Yuri could see that her eyes were filled with genuine concern.

 

“There. All done.” Yuri watched Jessica finish up on wrapping her arm with medicine tape, “Oh wait. It needs my special antidote.”

 

Jessica leaned closer to Yuri’s bandaged arm, which made Yuri watch helplessly. It literally felt like Jessica was crawling on top of Yuri to do the naughty.

 

Jessica placed her cute lips on her arm, giving her a kiss.

 

“My secret to make you heal faster.” Jessica pulled back and smiled proudly.

 

Yuri remained frozen, her heart was thumping loudly against her chest.

 

“Yuri?” Jessica looked at her in a confused manner.

 

Jessica’s voice echoed her back to reality as she replied sheepishly. “Y-Yeah, your secret. I never forgot, if that was what you were about to ask.”

 

Yuri avoided her eye contact and looked at her clock hanging: 1:00am

 

“Shouldn't you be heading home soon?” Yuri pointed at the clock. “It’s really late now.”

 

Jessica gasped, she hadn’t realize how much time had gone past being here. “Oh no! Taecyeon's going to be super mad!”

 

Yuri raised an eyebrow, “Why?”

 

“He doesn’t like it when I’m home late. He thinks another guy has swooped me off my feet.” Jessica quickly gathered her things.

 

Yuri scowled at the thought of this dirt bag treating Jessica like a possession.

 

“You should just stay here.”

 

Jessica faced Yuri with a surprised look, “N-No… I couldn’t.”

 

Yuri held both of Jessica’s hand and stared deeply. “Stay here, it’s not safe going home alone.”

 

Jessica really liked this side of Yuri, the protective side that made her stomach tingle with delight.

 

“I’m sure he’ll understand.” Yuri exuded this aura that made Jessica feel like she’ll be fine.

 

Jessica really did want to stay. She wanted to stay with Yuri and be surrounded in her presence.

 

Jessica was so caught up in Yuri’s intense gaze that she hadn’t realize her phone had been vibrating for so long.

 

“It’s him.” Jessica opened up a message because of the countless missed calls.

 

Yuri groaned, her nerves twitched with annoyance.

 

“He demanded that I tell him where I am…” Jessica began to read out quietly. “He thinks… I’m at some club full of men.”

 

“What? Is that how he imagines you?!” Yuri’s voice grew in anger.

 

Jessica sighed and closed her phone. “It’s… It’s always been like this. I trust him but, he doesn’t trust me… Or more so, doesn’t trust other men, so he says.”

 

Yuri gritted her teeth from the amount of rage that was fuming. “That jerk.”

 

“It’s okay, Yuri.” Jessica smiled sadly. “I’ve learned to understand it’s his way of… Showing that he cares…”

 

“But-“

 

“I’m fine, Yuri.”

 

Yuri looked to the side with a frown.

 

“Tch… Alright.” Yuri’s expression was no sunshine, but she nodded in agreement. “I’ll take you home.”

 

“H-Huh?” Jessica looked at Yuri who seemed troubled.

 

“It’d be better if you were at home so he’d stop bothering you.” Yuri masked how hurt she was and grabbed her car keys.

 

“Yuri...”

 

Jessica followed Yuri down to the parkade where Yuri’s car was. Yuri opened the door for Jessica like the gentlewoman she was.

 

“Sica, I have no intention on ruining your relationship with him. However,” Yuri revved her strong engine. “I don't like the way he controls you.”

 

Jessica couldn’t say anything for a while. Yuri was still one of the kindest people she had ever met. Although, Yuri hasn’t shown it recently, Jessica knows Yuri still loves her and is protective of her.

 

Jessica stared out the window, watching Yuri’s reflection. “Love you, Yuri.”

 

Yuri looked over, hearing what she said and simply smiled.

 

The car finally arrived at Taecyeon’s place making Yuri immediately scowl.

 

The two unbuckled as Yuri opened the door for Jessica to leave.

 

“Thanks, Yuri.” Jessica gazed into Yuri’s eyes and leaned in to give Yuri a hug. Her arms around Yuri’s neck.

 

Yuri matched Jessica’s gaze with her own and wrapped her arms around Jessica’s petite waist.

 

“I’ll be going.” Jessica pulled back slightly, enough to face Yuri. She tippy toed and gave Yuri a peck on her cheek.

 

Jessica let go and turned, heading into the house, leaving Yuri touching the mark Jessica left.

 

Yuri stared at Jessica’s figuring pushing further away. After all the time she spent with her, she wasn’t sure what to do anymore.

 

Yuri hadn’t notice that Taecyeon was inside the house the entire time, watching his girlfriend all over Yuri. He stood by the window and scowled at the sight.

 

Seconds later, he heard the door open.

 

“Taecyeon, I’m home.” Jessica announced as she took her coat off and hung it by the door. “I wonder if he’s even here...”

 

Taecyeon came storming towards Jessica, she thought she’d be greeted happily but was soon brushed past. “Taecy-“

 

Jessica’s eyes grew wide with shock and she quickly turned around to follow suite. “Yuri!”

 

Jessica saw Yuri and Taecyeon face to face, anger ensuing.

 

“Keep away from my girlfriend.”

 

Yuri glared back, unfazed. “I didn’t do anything.”

 

“I saw what you did! I saw you touching her, you tried to hit on her too!” Taecyeon’s voice rose. He grabbed Yuri’s collar and lifted her up recklessly, acting as though he was so much better than her.

 

Yuri’s glare was cold. She wasn’t afraid of him. Her hand rose and grabbed Taecyeon’s wrist and tore it off her collar.

 

“Listen carefully as I repeat myself. I didn’t do anything. Now, I don’t know what you’re playing at, but if you’re using Jessica again, you’re going to regret it.”

 

“Hey, shut up you she knows I have work stuff to do at night!” Taecyeon felt threatened by Yuri. He didn’t like how close the two were.

 

Yuri scoffed, remaining calm. “In the middle of the night? Don’t play stupid with me, man-wh*re. You’re already dumb enough as it is. I would beat the hell out of you now, but it’ll ruin my good nature.”

 

“Like hell you can.” Taecyeon growled, his face bright red.

 

“The only reason why I’m holding back on you is because of Jessica. You have no idea how much I hate you.” Yuri stated boldly.

 

“Yuri!”

 

Jessica’s soft but frantic voice made Yuri freeze in her steps. Jessica’s gazed flickered between the two. Her eyes locking with Yuri, hoping she didn’t get harmed when he became rough with her.

 

Taecyeon hissed at Yuri, “Whatever. But you better wake up to your reality, she’s with me. You lost, I won.”

 

Yuri smoothed her messed up shirt collar indifferently and gave him a blank stare, her emotionless eyes staring into his.

 

“C’mon.” Taecyeon returned to the house.

 

Jessica looked back at Yuri’s back who was walking away as she was being pulled away by the wrist. “Yuri…”

 

----

 

KKYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!