Welcome Home

Soshi Special: A Christmas Mess

 

~~~~ (╯°Д°)╯ I need Yulsic in my life. Happy reading y'aalllllll

 

 

------

 

One year ago on Christmas Eve

 

“I don’t want to be here!” Yuri stumbled in as the person behind her pushed her.  “Tae! I thought you wouldn’t tell her!”

 

Taeyeon showed up with a cup upon hearing the commotion, as she was mixing whatever was inside using a cinnamon stick. “She looked through my phone.”

 

Taeyeon took the cinnamon stick out and tasted it. “She knew my password too.”

 

Yuri groaned loudly in her response. “Don’t tell me.”

 

“Yup. 6969.”

 

Tiffany crossed her arms, blocking the exit. “This is also Jessica’s goodbye party, you can’t just not come. And I know Jessi, she just needs some direct guidance.”

 

Yuri sighed, “I don’t think she’d want to see me either after rejecting her friend. And to be honest, I don’t have the heart to face her yet.”

 

Taeyeon leaned against the wall and sipped on her hot apple cider. “Don’t worry Yuri, she’s leaving tomorrow night and you won’t be seeing her until next year, remember?”

 

“Yeah, I know.” Yuri hung her head low and saw a cup of apple cider in her line of view.

 

Taeyeon offered her cup while looking straight ahead, “Jessica probably thought you were confessing in a non-romantic way, anyway. You know how oblivious she is sometimes.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Rejection, as you so put it, probably meant you saying ‘I love you, Jessica’, and she replied ‘of course, I love you too, you’re my best friend’, and she followed with commenting on how much you and her new boyfriend love her.”

 

Taeyeon peered to the opened grand balcony, watching Tiffany having a great time. “Finding out she just got into a relationship with a jerk from being indirectly rejected. What a surprise.”

 

Yuri held the cup and shoved her free hand in her pocket, gazing away as she sipped the offered drink.

 

Taeyeon half smiled and leaned against the wall, watching the Christmas magic happen in front of them.

 

……..

 

Everyone was gathered in Yoona’s penthouse, celebrating a lovely evening of Christmas Eve. She and Seohyun were the host as they invited all their close friends and their plus one.

 

Yuri and Taecyeon were hanging outside the pool house, instigating each other. They never did get along.

 

Back on campus, Taecyeon would always try and grab Jessica’s attention in the most annoying way. Every time Yuri saw him walking towards them she would immediately groan; because it meant being disrupted. But, knowing Jessica now, she probably enjoyed his attention back then.

 

“What’re you doing here?” Yuri said annoyingly.

 

“I’m Jessica’s plus one, her boyfriend.” Taecyeon intentionally mentioned with a smug face.

 

Yuri rolled her eyes. “She’s only dating you cus you won’t leave her alone.”

 

“Someone’s a bit bitter they lost their best friend to me.” Taecyeon laughed mockingly.

 

“She pities the less fortunate, it’s only kind of right for her to give some attention to desperate douchebags.” Yuri countered smugly.

 

“ you!” Taecyeon lost his cool and pounced on Yuri.

 

The two finally reached their tipping point and went all out on each other. Exchanging blows after blows. Their fight was evenly match.

 

“What’s going on here?!” Yoona shouted at the two and the mess they made.

 

“Yuri, Taecyeon, stop this right now!” Jessica stood between the two.

 

Taecyeon smirked. “Jessica won’t ever love you more than the trash friend you are.”

 

“Say that one more time, I ing dare you.”

 

“Quit it!” Jessica had had enough of the endless bickering and the negative tension. “When will you two get along?!”

 

“Never.” Yuri and Taecyeon both said at the same time.

 

“At least consider the time and place you two.” Tiffany shook her head knowingly this was bound to happen.

 

The two weren’t done with each other, they wouldn’t allow this to end without one knocked out.

 

“I’m done with you, Taec. You need to grow up!” Jessica threw the ring back at him. Taecyeon was too caught up in anger and beating Yuri up that he didn’t really care. “And you, Yuri! Couldn’t you at least try and get along with him for me?!”

 

Yuri narrowed her gaze at Jessica upon that comment. “What?”

 

Taecyeon snarled and sprinted towards Yuri. He ignored Jessica in his path as he shoved her harshly out of the way.

 

“Sica!”

 

Yuri ran fast enough to catch Jessica before she fell on the ground. Jessica held onto Yuri tightly to break her fall. But, in exchange, Taecyeon cocked his fist with his beloved ring and punched Yuri dead straight to her skull.

 

“Yuri!!!”

 

Yuri rolled back by the brute force, letting go of Jessica. She was kneeling on her forearms as she saw blood dripping and pooling underneath her.

 

Taecyeon looked down with a victorious smile. “I win.”

 

Yuri did a quick upwards kick into his nuts while she was down. He didn’t expect a counter as he held his package in great pain.

 

Yuri followed up with a kick into his stomach, pushing him backwards into the pool.

 

Yuri was feeling dizzy from his hit, but she managed a mocking grin, “Have a nice swim.”

 

And soon, everything went black. Leaving an echo of Jessica’s voice calling her name.

 

“Yuri!!!”

 

~~~

 

Present Year 

 

“JESSSIIIIIIIIII”

 

Tiffany wrapped her arms and squished Jessica. “Jessi! I’m so glad you’re finally back!!”

 

Jessica smiled in her warmth, “I’m glad to be back.”

 

“You know who else is glad you’re back~” Tiffany winked. “And what great timing to arrive back home during December!”

 

“Glad? When I left… Everything was a storm.” Jessica laughed half-jokingly. “At least I’m here for Christmas.”

 

“That’s your chance!” Tiffany grabbed Jessica’s hands and squealed. “You’ve got to confess your feelings to her on the night…”

 

“…OF CHRISTMAS EVE!”

 

Jessica face grew flustered and threw her arms in the air, “Wh-Why do I have to do that? What is this suddenness?”

 

“Why? Last time I checked… ” Tiffany lifted up one finger, “Yuri is single and you’ve got no one to date on Christmas Eve, right?”

 

 “Yeah… Kind of…” Jessica’s voice grew quiet.

 

“Kind of??” Tiffany’s voice began to worry. “I thought you and Taecyeon broke up?”

 

“Well, once I flew back to Seoul... I met up with him…”

 

“YOU WHAT?!” Tiffany’s eyes grew wide. “WHY?!”

 

Jessica looked down. “He… He wanted to get back together.”

 

“AND?”

 

“I told him…” Jessica avoided Tiffany’s laser eyes.

 

“YOU TOLD HIM???”

 

“I said I’ll think about it.”

 

Stunned.

 

Tiffany’s mouth dropped into a large ‘O’ shape.

 

“What...?” Jessica hesitantly asked. Knowing very well what her best friend would say.

 

“What is there to think about it!? Do you REMEMBER WHAT HE DID!” Tiffany’s voice rose.

 

“DO. YOU. REMEMBEEERR??”

 

“Yeah, but…-”

 

“-But nothing! He hated Yuri! THEY NEARLY KILLED EACH OTHER! You knew Yuri didn’t like him from the beginning! Even my TaeTae didn’t like him!”

 

“People can change!” Jessica grew defensive. “And I think… He changed.”

 

Tiffany scoffed, “Changed for the worse probably.”

 

“Tiff!”

 

“What??” Tiffany gave her an innocent look.

 

“Does Yuri know about this? Have you met up with her yet?”

 

Jessica shook her head softly.

 

“Do you plan on telling her?”

 

Jessica looked down at her finger and played with her friendship ring that Yuri gave her when she left to America.

 

“Should I? It shouldn’t matter anyway… It’s not like we’re in a relationship.”

 

Tiffany snapped her fingers in Jessica’s face, “Yes it does. Yuri is one of your bestest of best friends she deserves to know. And I know you like her.”

 

You know you like her too.”

 

“But… I don’t…”

 

“Eh?! You’re lying.”

 

“I think I like…”

 

“Don’t say his name.”

 

Jessica saw Tiffany’s look of disapproval. “You have it all wrong Tiff, I don’t like her that way. We’re just friends.”

 

“Ok Jessi, keep lying to yourself.” Tiffany flipped her hair.

 

Jessica continued to fiddle with the ring, “During the years that I was gone, she probably lost interest in me too anyway.”

 

“Plus… Yuri’s most likely going to go party with a bunch of girls and pick her types there.” Jessica gazed to the side.

 

Tiffany shook her head, “Don’t just automatically assume Yuri is gonna play girls at the most romantic season of the year!”

 

“That’s her style though.” Jessica fiddled with her sleeve. “Yuri’s probably going to be bored if we do something different like, watch the Christmas lights and drink hot cocoa together in front of a fireplace…”

 

“JESSI!”

 

Tiffany grabbed her shoulders and began to shake her. “We four were roommates! You know well enough Yuri won’t spoil any night for you!”

 

Tiffany grinned, “I don’t know about you, but Taengoo and I know Yuri will go through anything to spend the time with you.”

 

Jessica watched Tiffany blab suspiciously, “How are you so sure...?”

 

“That’s for me to know and for you to not know.” Tiffany flashed her eye-smile as she grabbed Jessica’s hand. “C’mon! Let’s go find an outfit!”

 

“Y-Yah! W-We aren’t even d-dating!”
 

-------


At Tiffany’s house Tiffany began throwing outfits left and right.

 

“Well?”

 

“It’s not really me.”

 

“How about this??”

 

“What the… No…”

 

“But, it’s cute!! It makes me want to marry you, Jessi!” Tiffany said giddily.

 

“J-JESSIE YOU’RE TAKING IT OFF?”

 

Jessica wore a blank facial expression as she took off the pink dress covered with furry pink pom-poms.

 

“Tiff, why are you pushing me so hard to confess to Yuri?” Jessica eyed her suspiciously and sat at the edge of Tiffany’s bed.

 

“Are you going to be okay?”

 

“What do you mean?” Tiffany sobbed upsettingly as she folded the beautiful pink clothes Jessica refused to wear.

 

Jessica laid sideways on the bed, resting her head on her palm. “What do I mean? Your confession on Christmas Eve.”

 

“Aren’t you afraid to tell that perrrrverted midget how you feel? She’s quite curt and doesn’t say much…A weirdo… A errrt… Did I mention a yet?”

 

Tiffany neatly placed the folded dress on her lap.  “What are you talking about, Jessie… Of course I’m scared.”

 

“After all, I’ve liked Taeyeon since we graduated High school together.” Tiffany smoothed out the wrinkles of the cloth. “Though, I didn’t realize how I felt until we separated because of our busy lives…”

 

“Of course I’m nervous…”

 

Jessica nodded her head, knowing exactly how she feels.

 

“I start by thinking, ‘I need to tell Taeyeon how I feel soon! I can’t live like this anymore!’

 

“But I’m scared. I want to be even closer to her… But, what if Taeyeon rejects me? What if she dates other girls? What am I going to do if Taeyeon goes away?!”

 

Tiffany turned to Jessica. “You understand, don’t you Jessie?”

 

“I think I do…”

 

“Yeah, while you were gone… I was starting to get sick of watching the same scenery go by…. So, I’m going to leap!”

 

Jessica raised an eyebrow. “That sounds painful.”

 

“What!? Jessie, you’re the worst!!”

 

Jessica shrugged. Seconds later, Jessica’s phone vibrated with a text.

 

[1 Message: Idiot Seobang]
 

Jessica smiled at the display and opened the message.
 

--
 

From: Idiot Seobang
 

Sica you’re back and never decided to let me know? ~ That hurts.


---

 

“Why are you so smiley?” Tiffany peered over.

 

And once she saw who it was, she replied knowingly like an ahjumma. “MMhmm Mmhmmm.”

 

“What??” Jessica quickly hid her phone.

 

Tiffany hummed as she turned away. “Nothing, nothing.”

 

Jessica bit her lip and began to type.

 

“Wait…” Jessica paused.

 

“Tiff… Did you tell-”

 

“-I only told my Taengoo!” Tiffany instantly waved her arm and dismissed her accusing her of informing Yuri of her return.

 

“I. Only. Told. Taeyeon.” Tiffany swore with a hand on her chest.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes. Tiffany knew very well Taeyeon would tell Yuri since they’re buddies.

 

---
 

To: Idiot Seobang
From: Potential Murder Suspect Sica-baby

 

Yul, I just got back. I’ve been too caught up with settling again. TTTT

 

---

 

Vibrate.
 

--
 

From: Idiot Seobang
To: Potential Murder Suspect Sica-baby

 

Damn, Taeyeon found out before me >_>… Not fair. Because of this, your prize is to have date with this Kwon xy Yul.
 

--

 

Vibrate.


--

To: Idiot Seobang
From: Potential Murder Suspect Sica-baby

 

I’d love to. I miss you Yul. And I’m going to bring Tiff along, so bring that midget with you too. <3 <3

 

--

 

Vibrate.

 

--
 

 


To: Potential Murder Suspect Sica-baby
From: Idiot Seobang


Yes Sica-baby. See you in a few at Soshi Café. Love ya.

 

 

--

 

Jessica closed her phone and smiled to herself.

 

“Why are you smiley when it’s ‘just Yuri’.” Tiffany said while bracketing Yuri’s name.

 

Jessica dropped her smile and glared at Tiffany, “Can’t I be happy to see one of my best friends?”

 

“And you’ve never ever had feelings for her? Maybe a little crush or something?”

 

Jessica sighed with a groan. “I promise you, I have NO feelings for Yuri, and I’m absolutely positive she does not have feelings for me too.”

 

“Anyway,” Jessica continued, rubbing her shoulder unsurely. “Yuri wants to meet up with us in a few. She’s bringing Taeyeon and you’re coming with me.”

 

Tiffany’s eyes beamed stars, “This is the best day of my life!”

 

Jessica chuckled as she watched Tiffany rummage through her closet, clothes flying across the room.

 

Jessica scrolled through her photos until she found her. A photo of Yuri sleeping with her tongue out.

 

She graced the photo with her finger, “See you soon, Yuri.”

 

---------