It all began

Your Wrist and a Wooden Bracelet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Taehyun and his classmates exited the room once their new professor dismissed the class. He had been staring Mino for the past 2 hours so he really needed to get out the class before he ended up public shaming himself in public.

 

He was stumbling on his way to the next class when Jinwoo grabbed his wrist, “Dude, be careful. Are you that excited seeing the new professor?”

 

“The hell Jinwoo, why did you take so long getting out of the class?” Taehyun tried to avoid Jinwoo’s question.

 

“Nothing. Just organising stuff”, Jinwoo grinned.

 

 

The next class was Methodology of Research, Seungyoon was sitting inside the class, waiting for both Taehyun and Jinwoo. “How’s your literature class? I heard some new professor started his class already?” he asked. Mino was originally scheduled to start teaching in the next semester, however a senior professor was asked by university to conduct a research abroad so Mino was asked to replace him.

 

Jinwoo sat beside Yoon and looked at him with awe reflected from his deer eyes, “Dude, he was the hottest professor I have ever seen. You are going to regret not taking his class”.  Taehyun did not miss the smirk in Jinwoo’s face, however he decided to ignore his best friend and open his laptop, browsing some human trafficking issues while waiting for their professor.

 

Seeing what Taehyun did, Jinwoo asked “You have another coaching time today? I thought you wanted me to tell you my Japan trip!”

 

“No, it is not our shift today”, Taehyun assured Jinwoo, but kept reading the article. “Don’t worry, I am in for todays’s hang out.”

 

“Good! You join us too right?” Jinwoo excitedly asked Yoon.

 

 A guilty expression was seen from Yoon’s face. “I want to, I do. But I have promised my mom to deliver chickens to my grandma’s house. I really can’t escape this time. I promise you once we send the kids to their debut debate stages, I would free my days for you.”

 

“Ugh that’s too bad. Well, no worries though, there is always next time”, Jinwoo answered and the professor arrived stopping their little conversation.

 

 

 

 

Taehyun drove Jinwoo home after spending a good evening in an ice cream cafe. Jinwoo told Taehyun his “lost” experiences in Osaka which was pretty cliché but still made Taehyun laughed so loud. He could never understand how his best friend always got lost no matter how often he went to Japan. Jinwoo’s sister lived in Tokyo, so visiting Japan was not something new for him, but he still get lost! For gods’ sake Jinwoo! Taehyun thought.

 

Teahyun parked his red Hyundai and went straight to the room. He was sure Sehun was now in his room, sewing some new clothes. His cousin was actually a senior student of fashion department in the same university. For all Taehyun knew, he was preparing his designs for final assignment.

 

Taehyun opened his door and again was thinking that being with Jinwoo always made him happy. There was something in the man that showed both sincerity and a fun life. Jinwoo had been Taehyun’s best friend since they met during the orientation days. Since then, they were inseparable. He was closed with Sehun but somehow he could not really tell him everything. He always enjoyed Jinwoo’s accompany more than enyone else. He was in a rather deep thought how boring his life could be without Jinwoo, when his Samsung rang.

 

 “If all students are as smart as you, the professors here will have very hard times”

 

Taehyun was surprised. Getting flirty messages was not new for the boy, but it was different now. He felt like his heart beat faster than how it normally did. He was wondering who it was. Was that the same Roberto guy from class B who always made his days a living hell by his cheap flirts? Or maybe, was that Adam, a junior in his debating club? But the number was new. Oh my god, could it be? Taehyun started thinking it had something to do with a certain new professor. For gods’ sake the text mentioned professors and students. Taehyun’s body trembled a little. He texted Jinwoo, his best friend who happened to be their campus’s social butterfly. He hoped Jinnwoo knew whose number it was.

 

T: Yoo, do you know whose number is it?

 

J: Nope, want me to find out?

 

T: No. Thank you. Good night.

 

J: K,, good night. P.S: Don’t give the poor guy harder time.

 

Taehyun shook his head. No, it could not be! It was his first day, he can’t text and flirt his student like that!  Besides, how could he get his numbers? Today was their first class. He can’t possibly have his numbers. Taehyun assured himself. But everything about the message led it into him. Judging from the message, Taehyun was pretty sure that the text must have been sent by a professor. That day Taehyun only had two classes and Mrs Kim would never send him such a text. Wait, was that even a real flirting text?

 

Perfect! Taehyun had never taken a deal by a mere text from a stranger. And now he was even questioning if the text was supposed to be a flirty text. He sighed.. and decided to reply, as he felt damn curious.

 

 

 

In his newly furnished bedroom, Mino cursed his stupid act of texting Taehyun. “How could I be so stupid, Oh Lord”. He was not event drunk, he just ate a half of pizza’s large box for gods’ sake! Mino was now so worried. How would the boy respond? How would he have to deal with the boy next week in class? He could not stop punching his fist to the wall. After a few minutes which felt like forever, his phone finally blinked.

 

T: Sorry, who’s this?

 

“Oh Momma, what should I do know”, he suddenly missed his mother even more. He was always open with his parents but his mother was the closest.

 

Responding the boy’s reply, he dared typing..

 

M: S.M

 

In his small room, Taehyun almost dropped his phone. S.M. Song Mino?? “Ughhh why didn’t he just mention clearly who the hell he was instead of giving me a goddamn initials?” he seemed to be angrier than being curious now. He decided to ignore the text and sleep. Though he did not have classes to attend tomorrow, he has a morning debate coaching shift. That night he could not sleep soundly, little did he know that his hot professor was wide awake waiting for his response.

 

 

 

 

 

Before the weekend, a class meeting was held, led by Yoon as the class coordinator.

 

“Good morning friends. As you know, we are gathering here to discuss our CCU party in Bali”, Seungyoon started explaining. “The aim of the party is actually to be a forum where we can practice global communication skills. It will be held under Prof Yang’s class and supervision.”

 

Yoon continued “We will be having a cocktail reception where all of us dress in international costume. To make it more fun, you are more than welcomed to wear traditional clothes of any country and act as if you are representing the country. Make sure to make it unique.”

 

The class was listening to Yoon’s explanation, cheering at the thought of having super awesome winter getaway in the tropical island.

 

In one corner of the room, Taehyun sat and looked down his phone’s screen. He had been unable to focus at anything ever since he received the mysterious text. He wanted to confront the new professor but his pride kept him from doing that, he was not sure it was Mino.

 

Taehyun was getting deeper in his thought when Jinwoo who sat next to him interrupted “Seriously Taehyun what is wrong with you? I know you do not talk more than most people in class but you look really different these days. Tell me what happens?”

 

It brought back Taehyun from his deep thought. “Ugh, I don’t know. Somebody texted me”

 

“The one you asked almost a week ago?”

 

“Yeah, I tried to ask who he was.”

 

“Did he respond?”, now Jinwoo was curious.

 

“Yes. “S.M”.”

 

“What??”

 

“What?”

 

“Are you dumb?? Who else can it be?”

 

“I have no idea! Otherwise I won’t be this confused”.

 

Jinwoo shook his head. His friend that he knew was usually never being distracted by a mere text. “If you are confused why don’t you just ask him to give a clearer response? What did he say by the way?”

 

“I don’t know I just don’t feel like to”, Taehyun showed Jinwoo his phone.

 

Jinwoo read the text and snapped “Wow wow wow Taehyun! He really did not want to waste time. I can’t believe it would be this fast!”

 

 “Jinwoo...”, Taehyun widened his eyes.

 

Jinwoo grinned, acting all innocent “Alright I will admit i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter