First Encounter - The Microteaching

Your Wrist and a Wooden Bracelet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It was only one and half year Song family moved to Bangkok, but Mino had been adapting so well living in the city. His father was a South Korean diplomat, so moving from one country to another was not something really new for him. The sun-kiss skinned guy however had been feeling deeper towards the current city he was staying. Bangkok, as one of the biggest t capital city in South East Asia had offered so many things he liked such as hospitality, arts, cultures, tourism, foods, ah yes, foods. He liked eating foods a lot and Thai cuisines just completely suited his taste.

He woke up in one morning with a strange feeling. He would be leaving the city soon. He loved the city but his ambition to go back to his country had always been stronger than anything else. He was about to go back sleeping when he smelt something delicious from a place he was sure the kitchen. Apparently Mrs Song had prepared the family breakfast. He got off the bed and walked to the kitchen.

“Ah you woke up , good morning Son”, his mother greeted her.

“Good morning to you too Mom. Yes I smelt a really good omelette downstairs, so yeah..” He rubbed his nape.

Mrs Song prepared a plate of omelette for him and a cup of espresso, his favourite morning beverage. She looked at hungry Mino who eagerly took a fork and knife for his omelette. “How’s your farewell with friends last night? I was surprised you woke up already”

Mino was in fact having a farewell party with his Thai squad the night before. Eventhough he had not yet been received in Seoul University, he had never been surer about moving back to Seoul this year. If he was not accepted at the university, he was going to seek other jobs in Seoul. “It was great, and sad. I am going to miss them” he continued eating his omelette.  Feeling it was too early for conversation with his only son, Mrs Song then continued preparing dishes for the family.

 

 

The next morning Mino arrived in the airport with his parents. “Son, I am so proud of you. Do well in our home country” his father hugged him for the last time before boarding. His mother’s tears dropped in her soft cheeks. She could not hide her feeling as his son left. “Promise me you call us everyday, okay? Don’t skip meals, don’t stay up late, dont..”

“Mom, I am 27, remember? And it is only Korea. I will be good I promise. I will call you when I arrive”.

 Mino entered the boarding gate with heavy feelings. He looked strong in front of his parents but he was just a soft fluffball deep inside. He looked like a giant whose heart was actually as soft as marshmallow.

 

 

A few hours later he arrived in Incheon Airport. His best friend, Suho had been there welcoming him “Welcome back Mr Song, glad to see you again” he teased.

“Shut up Suho, I told you it’s Mino”. He hugged his friend tightly.

“Don’t hug me like that I might think you really have had a thing for me since preschool” Suho teased even more.

“I don’t know why I still missed your dude, glad to be back here”, they finally let go of each other.

“Well I am sure you will feel even happier once you see your new apartment. I tried to get the same unit as mine but I could not find one. But don’t worry the one you got is pretty nice too. It’s even closer to the university”, Suho explained

“No problems. That’s really wonderful. Thanks buddy! I owe you a lot”.

 

 

Suho drove the car to Mino’s apartment. During the ride, Mino called his mom, telling her that he had landed safely in Seoul. He also explained enthusiastically how the city has been developing. When they arrived in his apartment, Mino could not wait getting off the car. “Which floor is mine? “

“Third, number 303” Suho gladly answered.

Mino opened the door with an amazement in his face “This is really amazing!”. As he walked into the living room, he saw a small kitchen and a bedroom in his right side. He went checking the kitchen first, which was decorated in a simple modern style as he preferred and went right where his bedroom was. He opened the door as he saw a king size bed in the light blue room with a wide window facing a garden where we could see people jogged. “Oh my.. Suho, this is just perfect! Thanks buddy! You really know me so well “

“I knew you’ll like it. But come on, enough with that gratitude thingies. Tell me how you have been preparing for tomorrow’s microteaching”, Suho was in fact an economics professor in the same university.

“Oh I should have asked you earlier how you went with the simulation, I actually just re-read my post-colonialism books the whole week because I am going to explain that. I have nine competitors for only three vacant positions in the ffaculty”.

“Well nothing special about my teaching simulation last year, but I guess yours will be more challenging. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter