Two

Insanity // 2min fic

Taemin groaned as he was awoken by an alarm. No one should ever be woken up at 5:30 in the morning, it was a crime. Taemin sat up in his bed and rubbed his sore eyes. He had been awake unpacking his clothes practically all night, leaving him with about an hour of sleep. 

"Everyone please make your way to the showers." The intercom blared out, making Taemin jump out of his skin. 

He grabbed a towel and began his journey to the showers. As he walked down the halls he saw many people storm out of their rooms. Most of them looked like normal kids which saddened Taemin. Did he look like a normal kid to these people? As he continued walking, he began to hear whispers. 

"Is he a newbie?" 

"He's so tiny!" 

"What's his name?"

"Why is he in here?"

This only made Taemin turn bright red. He hated to be talked about. He scurried off to the showers, hoping to be the only one there to prevent being seen. Unfortunately, that was not the case. The showers where crowded, every small and uncovered cubical was taken, leaving Taemin to wait on a bench and get a great view of things he didn't want to see. Once a shower was finally available, he jumped up and claimed it as his, placing his towel on the hook. Now came the hard part, getting undressed. He had never felt so self conscious before, well besides when his mother belittled him. He quickly stripped, hoping to get his shower over in done with before anyone could look at him. 

Just as he was rinsing out his soapy hair, he felt a sharp poke on his rib cage. 

"It's so prominent" the boy spoke, obviously fascinated by the thick lines puncturing through his skin. 

"Who are you?" Taemin shrieked, instantly pulling his arms around his chest. 

"Kibum. And you?" He asks, clearly not bothered by the fact that they are both . 

"Taemin." He draws out, slightly curious as to why this "Kibum" was even talking to him. 

Taemin gripped the tap and turned it off, quickly grabbing his towel to cover his exposed body. He instantly changed his clothes ( no bright colors, no words, and no pictures as the rules had stated). 

"I'll see you later, Taemin!" Kibum happily chirped, continuing to wash his body without a care in the world. 

Taemin sighed as he exited the steamy room. What an eventful morning, if only it would die down from here. As if the gods were against him, the intercom blasted another message. "Everyone gather in the main room, their son is arriving soon." Not only did this confuse Taemin, but it also wore him out. It took him a while to find the main room, but when he found it everyone was lined up, creating a pathway from the entrance to the dinning hall. He joined in a line as soon as the wooden doors swung open, revealing the boy from the picture. His slightly curly hair identical to that in the picture on the wall of the stair well. 

He walked through the crowd, only stopping to correct someone's outfit or how they were standing. As he wondered closer to Taemin, they made eye contact. Taemin swiftly looked away just in time to avoid the smirk playing on his lips. The boys speed increased, each step bringing him that much closer to Taemin. He came to an abrupt stop in front of Taemin. He kept his eyes trained down at the elders shoes, hoping it would make him unnoticeable. He felt a hand being placed on his chin, lightly lifting his head to look him in the eyes. 

"And who do we have here?" His voice filled the room, bouncing off the plaster walls. 

"My name is T-Taemin." He whispered, moving his gaze to look to the right. 

"Ah. A new comer. Welcome. What are you in for?" He asked, making Taemin question his position of authority. 

When Taemin didn't reply, the older male snapped his fingers in his face and roughly let go of his chin. 

"You may be new but that doesn't stop you from knowing who I am. I pretty much own this place, so when I ask a question you answer it. What are you in for?" He growled, looking into Taemin's soul and controlling him from the inside out. 

"Anorexia." He whispered, knowing that couldn't be the reason. He wasn't anorexic, just weight conscious. Since he didn't know the real reason, he decided to go with the first thing that came to mind. 

The male didn't reply, only stepping away and looking Taemin up and down. 

"I see." He blankly states, gesturing to Taemin's body. 

This made Taemin furious. He wanted to shout at him, but he knew that wouldn't end well. 

"Have a nice stay Taemin." He grinned, walking off towards the hallway blocked off to residents. 

"Seriously that Minho kid doesn't know how to shut up." Taemin jumped as he heard a familiar voice come from behind. 

"Minho?" Taemin asked, making a mental note. 

"Yep! He's the son of the CEO, next in line. He's a big jerk." Kibum pouted, crossing his arms. 

Taemin only nodded.

"Wanna do something?" Kibum instantly cheered up as he pulled Taemin to a corner of the room, not waiting for his reply. 

"What are we doing?" Taemin asked, genuinely confused at the lack of things to do in a corner. 

Kibum didn't reply, only digging through his pockets in search of something. 

"Ah ha!" He whispered, pulling a cell phone out of his pocket. "Shh. I'm not allowed to have this." He giggled. 

"How do you have it?" Taemin asked, wishing he had his phone right about now. 

"I snuck it in. I can call and text anyone! It's pretty great. Do you wanna call anyone from home that you miss?"

From home? Taemin had nobody besides his mother and he was positive he didn't want to call her. He did have one best friend back at home. He contemplated calling him, but decided against it knowing that it would only cause him pain. 

"No." 

 


By the time Kibum was done talking Taemin's ear off about his family and friends, it was time for breakfast. Taemin rushed to the dinning hall to get Kibum off of his tail. As he entered the ginormous cafeteria, he instantly wanted to turn back, his stomach twisted at the very scent of food. He felt nauseous at the thought of eating such fatty foods. 

"You know, I could help you with your little problem." Kibum snapped Taemin out of his thoughts. 

"Huh?" Taemin questioned as if to say "what problem?" 

"You know what I mean. If you do me a little favor then I will eat your food for you." Kibum bargained with a sly grin on his face. 

"And what would that favor be?" He questioned. 

"You just need to get rid of my medication, whether you take it or throw it away, I need it gone, they are telling me it isn't good for me"