One

Insanity // 2min fic

"Eat it now." Taemin's mother glared holes into his forehead, making him even more uncomfortable than he already is. 

The only way he could reply was by pushing the plate, cringing at the noise the porcelain made on the wooden table. 

"Taemin put the food in your mouth or god help you I will send you away." His mothers tone was menacing, showing no compassion towards his mental illness. 

"Taemin!" She shouted, slamming her fist on the table. 

He only sat there, slightly enjoying watching his mother in pain. That may sound horrible but he doesn't care. His mother had always been ignorant to his problems. When he had told her he was gay, he arrived at school with a busted lip and a black eye. It's ok though, he's used to it. 

His mother picked up the plate and tossed the food at him, making Taemin flinch. 

"You ungrateful brat" she gritted through her teeth furiously. 

"Your going to a mental facility. If you can't get over it yourself then you're getting help. I can't afford to have a crazy child."

That last line hit Taemin hard. Being called crazy hurts him more than any physical pain she could ever bring him. He didn't chose to feel this way about himself and yet he's made to believe he did. His mother was twisted. 

"Go to bed. I am booking you tonight. I'll tell you when you're leaving." She coldly stated, taking the plate back to the sink to wash. 

Taemin sighed, rising from his seat. He knew he didn't need to be going to a "mental facility", no that was only for the insane and he can't help but think that maybe he's one of them. 

 

 

The next morning Taemin awoke to his mother in his room, tossing things around. 

"Mom?" Taemin asked, voice husky from sleep. 

"Get up. We are leaving." She harshly spoke, sending shivers down Taemin's spine out of fear. 

He looked at his clock. 3:24. Why so early? Did she really think he was this crazy? No. He wasn't ill, his mother just took it to another level. She thinks he's not mentally stable, which to him is ridiculous.  

"Let's go!" She shouted, throwing clothes at him. "Get changed. I can't have you looking like a mess too." 

 

 

When they pulled into the drive way, Taemin was shocked. There was no way his mother would have spent this much money on him. The building was three stories tall, towering over him, making him feel small. The pathway was accompanied by a giant waterfall, spewing water miles high. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad. 

"Welcome! How can I help you today?" A woman spoke, too happy for it being 4 am. 

"Hi! I booked Taemin last night. Lee Taemin." His mother smiled, making Taemin feel sick. 

"Oh. Yes! Follow me, I'll take you on a tour!" She pranced around the desk and into the awaiting double doors. The inside was just as spectacular as the outside, with white pillars reaching to the vast ceiling. 

"This is the main room. Every guest here is allowed to hang out with friends in the lounge from 7:00 am to 10:00 pm. We have games set up if you're into that, if not we have electronics!" She emphasized on the "electronics" part. 

"Taemin won't need to use those." His mother elbowed Taemin, giving him a warning. 

As they continued to walk through the giant room they came across another set of giant doors, this time leading to the dining hall. 

"This is where everyone will be eating! We have all kinds of food and it's a delicious. Actually, we have an amazing chef. He won on some cooking show!" She smiled. 

Now he saw why his mom brought him here. Because they have "good food." As if that would break his habit. 

"Guests can come to the dining hall at 6:00 am through 7:00 am to get breakfast, 11:00 am through 12:00 pm for lunch, and 5:00 pm through 6:00 pm for dinner." 

To the right of the dining hall there was a set of grand spiral stairs. As they walked up the stairs, he noticed many paintings on the cream walls. They were mostly filled with pictures of "guests" and the workers, but one stood out. It was a picture of someone around his age. He was wearing a suit. He assumed he must have some sort of importance to this facility if his face was on the wall. Moving along, he reached the top of the stairs and found himself in a corridor of rooms. 


"These are the guests rooms. I personally think that these rooms are better than any apartment in this area. Anyway, your room is on this hall! Wanna check it out?" The lady asked. 

"Sure." Taemin quietly replied, his voice coming out hoarse. 

They walked down the hall for a good minute and yet it still felt like they weren't even half way through the hall. 

"Here we are!" 

The door read Lee Taemin 336
Cool, at least he got his name on the door. 
The woman pulled out a key and unlocked the door. His room was spotless and white. Nothing has a sharp corner, leaving everything rounded. He stepped into the room to see that there was a bed, an arm chair, a bathroom ( with no shower), and a tv. 

"Looks nice, right?" She asked, smiling too much.

"Looks good. He has days where he doesn't come out of his room, so when he's here, is he forced out?" His mother asked, drawing his attention. 

"Yes. Every guest must be out of their rooms by 6:00 am. They also must be in their rooms by 10:30 pm. Our system here will surely have him out of his room 24/7."

Taemin inwardly sighed. 

They moved on, going onto the third floor which had laundry, showers, etc. Taemin was a bit concerned at the fact that he would have to share a shower with other patients, but what can you do. 

"That concludes our tour! I hope you will enjoy your stay here, I mean who wouldn't!" The woman reached over to ruffle Taemin's hair, causing him to flinch. The lady frowned quickly but then plastered on her smile once again. 

After a few goodbyes that meant nothing to Taemin, he was sent to his new room to unpack. Taemin didn't know how to feel. One minute he was excited to live without his mom, but then he remembered why he was here. He was here to "get better" and that was not on his list of things to do. Well while he's here, he might as well enjoy it.