Three

Insanity // 2min fic

Taemin wanted out. It had been three days and yet he felt extremely trapped. Sure, he didn't have to eat, which was a big plus for him, but he felt overwhelmed. Every day was the same routine which got boring fast. Each morning he would wake up, sneak into Kibum's room and steal his medication, take a shower, eat breakfast, relax, eat, relax, eat, then sleep. It was exhausting. 

"Hey!" Kibum shouted, sounding frantic. After taking Kibum's medications, he noticed a difference. He would speak in a frantic and rushed tone and start talking to people who weren't there. 

"Hey." Taemin replied, walking down the stairs to the main room. 

"You'll never believe what I got." He jumbled out. 

Taemin looked at him expectant, waiting for him to tell Taemin. Kibum pulled a key out of his pocket, the golden key shining in the artificial light. 

"It goes to the roof." He said in amazement, hypnotized by the key. 

"Really? How'd you get it?" 

"A friend. Let's go!" He shouted as he began jumping up the stairs. 

Taemin hadn't seen the outside world in three days. Normally, this wouldn't have been a problem for Taemin, in fact he enjoyed the indoors, but being locked up with a bunch of kids just like him freaked him out. 

The gust of cold wind that hit him as the door opened sent chills down his spine. He loved winter, the way the weather seemed to get dismal and cold just made him happy. 

"Wow! Isn't it just nice. It's so cold and just nice. I really like it up here it's very nice." Kibum rushed out, frantically looking around. 

Taemin nodded, ignoring the fact that Kibum has just repeated himself several times. He sighed as he waltzed over to the railing. The view from the top of the building was spectacular. You could see the entire city and all of its lights, hear the honking of cars and the city life. He wished he could be down there, walking on the streets. 

"What do you think you're doing?" A voice shouted from behind the two boys. 

Taemin spun around to see no other than Minho. 
 
Kibum began to freak out, lashing out at the thought of being caught. 

"Kibum go. And give me the key." He sighed, holding out his hand. 

He darted to the door, dropping the key in his awaiting hand before leaping down the steps. Taemin mentally glared at Kibum for leaving him here alone. 

"I guess I should tell you a few rules, newbie." Minho spoke, his voice coming out smooth as he shut the door behind Kibum and joined Taemin by the railing. 

"First of all, I wouldn't trust Kibum. He's in for schizophrenia and some how gets away with not taking his medicine. With out those meds he goes a little stir crazy. And second of all, don't follow him if he says he's got a key to somewhere, that will only get you in trouble." Minho glanced at Taemin, expecting a reply. 

"Yes sir." Taemin whispered, wondering if he will be getting a punishment for this. 

"Sir? Call me Minho when we are alone and sir when other people are around." He paused for a moment before asking, "do you like it out here?"

"Mhm." Taemin hummed as he took in a deep breath of cold air. 

Minho didn't respond, only copying Taemin's actions. 

"Have your therapy sessions started yet?" He asked but Taemin knew he was only making small talk, as if he'd actually care. 

"They start tomorrow." 

"Are you eating well?" 

Taemin wanted to say no for some reason, as if he could trust Minho, but decided against it. 

"Yes" he lied. 

Minho looked at the fragile boy, taking into account his frail hair and bony arms. He knew Taemin wasn't eating, but that wasn't his problem to fix. He's just another patient, so why did Minho feel so compelled to fix him? 

Sighing in defeat, Minho pulled out a packet of cigarettes from his pocket, taking one out and lighting it. 

"You smoke?" Taemin asked, shocked that the almost flawless man smoked. 

Minho hummed as a reply, warmth filling his lungs as he took a deep drawl of the cigarette. 

Minho caught Taemin watching in curiosity as he blew out a gust of smoke. 

"Want one?" He asked, shoving the box in Taemin's direction. 

"I'm a patient, shouldn't that be like I don't know illegal or something?" Taemin asked, shocked at the offer. 

"I guess. Your loss." He said, cramming the box back into his pocket. 

"Lunch is now ready." The intercom said, making Taemin feel sick. 

"Better get going or you'll miss out on the food. If you ever want to come up here again, just come find me." He said, pointing at the door, signaling Taemin to leave. 

"Thank you, Minho"