Four

Insanity // 2min fic

Taemin sat on the wooden chair with his repulsive food, waiting for Kibum. 

"About time. The staff was staring to eye me down." Taemin pouted, shoving his tray in Kibum's direction. 

"Sorry I was taking the punishment for being on the roof. Just another long speech from Minho." He sighed, shoving the luke warm food in his mouth. "He also told me that he knew I wasn't taking my medication and force fed it to me. Figure out how to get him off my trail or I won't be eating your food anymore." He commanded, sending Taemin a glare. 

Taemin nodded as he took his tray back, ensuring that the staff will think he ate. 

"So how long have you been "sick" for?" Kibum glanced in his direction, now digging into his food. 

"I'm not sick. My mom sent me here from a misunderstanding." Taemin argued. 

"Oh so you're still in the denial stage? Hm ok." Kibum giggled. "Everyone here is here for a reason and you just haven't accepted yours yet." 

"No I'm serious! It was a misunderstanding!" He pleaded, begging Kibum to believe him. 

"Right" he sighed "and that's why I'm eating your lunch." 

With that, the intercom came on, signaling lunch was over. 

"So you have therapy tomorrow right?" Kibum asked. 

Taemin nodded in response. 

"You know that they watch you eat in the office since you'd miss lunch if you didn't." He continued. 

Taemin frowned at this. How on earth would he get away with this now?

"I could help you if you do one more thing for me." Kibum smirked, making Taemin nervous. 

"Continue..." Taemin said expectantly. 

"You bring me the key to the roof and I'll give you some advice."

"Deal. Now spill it." Taemin spoke, leaning in to hear Kibum's words of advice. 

"You promise to get me the key?" He asked. 

Taemin nodded and waiting for Kibum to share his knowledge. 

"My sister used to throw up her meals after eating. She never gained weight that way." He whispered into Taemin's ear. 

"What? That sounds painful! How'd she do it?" Taemin questioned. 

"I think she put her fingers down ." He shivered, recovering the forgotten memories of the past. 

"Well let's hope it works." Taemin smiled as he chewed on his finger nail nervously. 

"Not sick my ." Kibum laughed as he skipped off, joining the staff in a game of cards. 

Taemin decided to find Minho. Not only because he wanted to go outside, but also to get the key for Kibum. Where would the son of the CEO be? Well obviously in the part locked off from the patients. Taemin sighed as he thought of ways to get in contact with the taller male. After many idiotic ideas, he decided on just asking the staff. Nothing too bad could happen from just asking, right?

"Excuse me, where can I find Minho?" He timidly asked, avoiding eye contact. 

"Oh hi there! I'm not sure if he's available but I'll check!" She said, wide eyed and cheery, making Taemin feel sick. 

He watched as the lady walked over to the phone, dialing a few numbers. She spoke for a while before hanging up. 

"He doesn't usually agree to abrupt meetings but he is on his way right now! You must be pretty special!" She laughed, reaching to pat Taemin on the shoulder. 

As if on queue, Minho strode up to Taemin,  pulling him out of the woman's grip. 

He said a quick thank you before dragging Taemin into an unknown hallway. 

"I'm pretty busy, what do you need?" He asked, his tone colder than before. 

"Can I go to the roof?" Taemin shyly asked, looking down. 

Minho contemplated it for a while before agreeing. He walked up the stairs with Taemin following him shortly behind. He opened he heavy metal door, releasing a gust of freezing air, making Taemin shiver. Minho held the door open for Taemin and quickly shut it after they had both crossed the border into the icy outdoors. Minho smiled as he saw Taemin rush to the railing, taking in the fresh air as if he had been suffocated in the mass of people downstairs. 

"How old are you?" Minho asked out of no where, even shocking himself when it slipped out of his mouth. 

"16" Taemin replied, feeling more and more comfortable with Minho. 

"You're too young to be here. Too young to be so harsh to your body." He whispered, still not in control of his voice spilling out of his mouth. 

"You can't tell me you haven't done anything wrong. You look just as young as me and you smoke." He frowned, still not willing to accept the fact that he was slowly killing himself. 

"Trust me I've done horrible things to myself." Minho felt compelled to tell Taemin this, something he has never told anyone. 

"Like what?" Taemin whispered, nervous as to what this gorgeous man could have done. 

Minho froze at this, unwanted memories filling his brain at an alarming speed. He knew he'd end up revealing this to Taemin, something too entrancing about the small boy to not be able to keep a secret. Minho subconsciously pulled on his sleeves, a habit that had been created after his issue. 

"You don't have to tell me you know, it's ok." Taemin spoke, patting Minho on the back, bringing him back to reality. 

"No. I haven't told anyone about it and yet I want to tell you. Something about you, Taemin, makes me just want to tell you everything." He rushed out, a blush creeping onto his cheeks. 

Taemin looked Minho in the eye, his cheeks dusting a light shade of pink to match Minho's. 

"I hurt myself." He whispered, still making eye contact with Taemin. "It's pretty ironic since my parents own many mental faculties." He chuckled, breaking the tension. 

"Can I see?" Taemin asked without thinking, instantly pulling his hand up to cover his mouth. 

Minho only let out a slight laugh, pulling off his jacket, leaving him in a white button up. He rolled up the sleeves of the pure white and skillfully ironed shirt, revealing harsh red lines accompanied by old scars. 

Taemin gasped, reaching out to hold Minho's arm, resulting in the older male flinching away from his touch. 

"Does it hurt?" He asked. 

"Only a little. You can't tell anyone about this. Only you and me know and I'd like to keep it that way." He said, tone taking its original form of cold. 

"Since I showed you my secret, can I ask you to do something for me?" He asked reluctantly. 

"As long as you aren't asking me to murder someone, then sure." Taemin smiled, leaning against the metal railing. 

"This may sound odd, but can you take off your shirt?" 

Taemin's eyes widened at this blunt question. He'd hate to have a newly found "friend" leave him because of his fat. Taemin's hands tugged on his shirt, nervously looking at Minho. 

"I've never met an anorexic and I'm curious. That sounded a bit rude but I'm genuinely concerned for you. I want to know how bad it is." Minho comforted Taemin, making him give into his kind eyes and warming words. 

Taemin grabbed the hem of his shirt, hesitantly pulling the fabric over his head, shivering at the lack of warmth. Minho's eyes widened as he took in Taemin's exposed chest. As Taemin saw this action, he wrapped his arms around himself, instantly feeling self conscious and cold. 

Minho reached out to move his bony arms, successfully detaching them from his body. Minho ran his warm hands over Taemin's chest, tracing the protruding rib cage, leaving a trail of warmth on Taemin's cold skin. Taemin shivered at his light touches, leaning into his hand. Taemin took a step back, blushing, as Minho moved his hands down Taemin's non existent stomach. Suddenly the freezing outdoors was too hot for Taemin to handle, sweat forming on his forehead. 

"Sorry, too far?" Minho asked, rubbing at the back of his neck in embarrassment. 

Taemin pulled his shirt over his head, his body racking with shivers as an icy cold wind past by his previously exposed torso, drying his sweat. Minho acknowledged his arms covered in goosebumps and handed him his suit jacket. Taemin smiled appreciatively at Minho, gladly taking the jacket and wrapping it around his body. The piece of fabric, being many sizes too big for the tiny boy, swallowed Taemin, making Minho giggle. 

"I have work to do, we should get going." Minho sighed, reluctantly taking a step towards the door. 

"Okay."


——

Thank you for all of the support!! 

Quick question: do you like the nice caring Minho or the rude and arrogant Minho? Just want to know for future reference! 

Thank you guys so much!