Chapter 1 - Flashback

Memories

“I love you too Taeyeon, and i’ll be back in a few years. Wait for me Tae.”

Those were the last words Taeyeon heard ever since Tiffany left for her overseas studies four years ago. 

Four years later, Taeyeon found herself staring at her phone, seemingly distracted with something. A hard shove on her shoulder made her break out of the trance she was in.

“Yah!”

“What?”

“Stop zoning out! Yuri has been asking you the same question for the past five minutes!”

“H-huh??”

Turning to look at her friend Yuri, Taeyeon saw a look of concern and worry etched upon her friend’s face.

“Taeng… Are you alright?”

“Y-yea. You were saying?”

“I asked if you’re seriously going to continue waiting for her. I mean, it’s been 3 years since she stopped contacting you.” Yuri said carefully.

“You know my answer, Yuri-ah. I’ll continue waiting for Fany simply because i love her and i trust that she wouldn’t have ignored me without a valid reason why.”

“Have you ever suspected that maybe Tiffany found someone else?” The person would shoved her asked somewhat carefully too.

“I have, to be honest. But i believe that whatever her choice might be, she would not have stopped contacting me all of a sudden. Maybe she might had found someone new, maybe she had decided that being with me wasn’t the right thing to do. Whatever the case, i still firmly believe that Fany would tell me everything, Sunny-ah.”

Sunny could see the fear and insecurities behind those brown orbs that used to shine whenever they looked at Tiffany. The same brown orbs were now empty and devoid of any form of emotions.

A slight of her eyes and Sunny saw Yuri shaking her head subtly, telling her to drop the subject about Tiffany. No one would have expected Tiffany to be the one who stopped contacting Taeyeon. Only one thing was expected and that was the amount of love Taeyeon had for Tiffany even after the four years apart. All that they could hope for was that Taeyeon would not crumble after finding out the truth about what happened to Tiffany.

Sunny knew. Yuri knew the truth as well. The only problem was that neither of them knew how to break the news to Taeyeon.

Four years ago..

“Taetae?”

“Yea?” Taeyeon shifted her attention to the person beside her.

“Daddy wants me to study overseas to get a degree before he would allow me to come back and work.” Tiffany said as she combed Taeyeon’s hair.

“O-oh.”

Tiffany immediately knew what was troubling the girl.

“Don’t worry Tae, i’ll be back and by then i’ll move in and live with you. How’s that?”

“That’s great, but how long would it take for you to get your degree? I don’t think i can handle you being away from me for too long.”

“Four years Tae. All it takes is four years. After that i’ll be right here where you want me to be, right by your side.”

“Four years is a long time, Fany-ah. What if you forget about me?” Taeyeon asked shakily.

“Babo. How am i supposed to forget the person who i gave my first kiss too? Have more faith in me Tae, i love you just as much as you love me.”

“I do have faith in you, it’s just that you might find someone better than me…”

“Better or not, it doesn’t matter. What matters most is that you’re the love of my life, and i’ll never replace you with anyone else.”

“I love you so much, Fany-ah.” Taeyeon said as she gave Tiffany as kiss.

“I love you too Taeyeon, and i’ll be back in a few years. Wait for me Tae.” Tiffany replied as she leaned in once more.

Three years ago…

“Taetae? Are you sleeping?”

“Hey Fany-ah. I was waiting for your message.”

“Hi Taetae. I miss you so much. Life is boring without you here with me.”

“I miss you just as much, Fany-ah.”

“Just three more years, Tae. Three more years and i’ll be back.”

“I’ll wait forever, Fany-ah. I love you. Even though three years is a long time, i’m willing to wait for you.”

“It’s just three more years Tae. What is three years apart when we have the rest of our lives together?”

“And you said i was the cheesy one?”

“Still not as cheesy as you.”

“Whatever. What are you doing now?”

“I’m heading out with my classmates to catch a movie. Have you watched ‘Finding Dory’?”

“Meh.”

“What’s that for? That show is going to be great.”

“Finding Dory is great, but finding you was the best thing that has ever happened to me.”

“Ugh Tae, that’s so cheesy.”

“I meant it though, i love you and you being in my life was the best thing that has ever happened to me.”

“It’s the same for me too Tae. I love you. I’ll text you later after the movie, my friends and I are heading there now as we speak.”

“Okay. See you Fany-ah.”

Smiling after reading Taeyeon’s message, Tiffany placed her phone back onto the seat as she looked out of the windows.

“Hey Thomas, wake me up when we’re reaching. I’m going to catch a short nap.”

“Sure thing Tiff. Jessie and Tim have already knocked out in the backseat anyway.”

“Thanks Thomas.”

Tiffany leaned her head back as she shut her eyes, hoping to get short rest before their movie night. Just as Tiffany was about to fall asleep, a loud honk from behind her woke her up.

“!”

All that Tiffany could see was a pair of headlights approaching her at a deadly speed before her world became dark.